57 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midwestern Mamas!
missladyj
post Jun 29 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

hey ladies,
does anyone happen to know of a cat sitting service in the Chicago or Oak Park area? Are there places where one can board a cat? we are going out of town for a week and am not sure what to do with Miss Boo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 10 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #2

brown delicious

lunia, you could PM me if you want to meetup and give deets to where you will be staying so i can give suggestions to you.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jun 10 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #3

belligerently lazy

you should go wherever us Chicago Busties take you, Lunia-that's where you should eat : ) We're always down with meeting up with out-of-towners! When in September?

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
lunia666
post Jun 10 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Not sure if I should post this here are not but here it goes smile.gif
Am going to Chicago for the first time this Sept. Am going for a work meeting sad.gif but I will have a few extra days. Am sure I can find lots to do but my ? is where should I eat ?

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 2 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #5

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Not so much a facebook page, we just correspond over FB because we get a lot of trolls here that we don't want privy to our plans.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
Mellietronx
post May 26 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #6

Is there a facebook page to go along with this thread?

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 26 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #7

BUMP!

Just for anyone who's interested who isn't on Facebook, we're getting together on Saturday, June 13th- PM me, turbojenn, stargazer, etc. for details!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 29 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #8

*Sigh*

In like a lion, out like a...lion?

I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.
I love Chicago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Mar 29 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #9

belligerently lazy

*grabbing my swimsuit*

I had to come into work today. If my clients cancel because of the weather, i'ma be pissed.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 29 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #10

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I'm getting a bottle of self-tanner and joining you.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Mar 29 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #11

belligerently lazy

holy fucking christ. That's it, I'm moving to Florida.

--------------------

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Mar 18 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #12

belligerently lazy

doesn't IL have the highest taxes in the country already?

So..my bestest friend's bridal shower is on 4/5, which I'm absolutely not even allowed to miss-and I just can't take Saturday and Sunday off work. And as much as I'm happy for her and want to show my support and everything, I'm really not looking forward to the party, as it's at a bland, suburban restaurant with a mix of women who shouldn't be in the same room together-so I'll have ya'll know that I would FAR prefer going to the outing on Saturday sad.gif

hmm..this would probably be read more on Facebook..

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Mar 17 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #13

brown delicious

i took a break from finishing my final chapter when i read that il. was raising its taxes yet again. this time, they might drive up the taxes for cars. um, yeah, the more damage daley and now gov. quinn do with raising the cost of living in chicago/illinois...the more i'm ok with living in nw indiana and commuting to hang out in the windy city.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 15 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #14

Doh! Having dinner at Smoque (where we're probably getting the wedding catered from) tomorrow with the parental units.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Mar 14 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #15

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Well. of course I will be at the Clothing Swap! I made my drop off earlier this week. 21 items I no longer need. tongue.gif

If anyone is interested, tomorrow The Geek and I (and maybe Stargazer) are meeting up w/Ghosting (aka. Barouque) at the Fireside Restaraunt on Ravenswood. I am planning on a 6:30 PM dinner. I will be hard to find on-line but I will try to check back here by 5 tomorrow to see if anyone is interested or you can call me if you have my cell number.

Thanks!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Mar 14 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

anyone going to the Chicago clothing swap on the 29th? I am going to drop off stuff at swim cafe tomorrow. I am so excited about this event . Thanks kittenb for letting me know about it!!

+Quote Post
ululah
post Mar 6 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #17

BUSTie

I sent you a PM polly. I can't believe I am excited about sock monkeys, but there's not much else to do in my neck of the woods. Plus this is something I wanted to go to last year (but didn't).

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 5 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #18

Ululah, we're leaning towards Saturday- we'll probably arrive around 2:00, and be there for a couple of hours. I was thinking we could meet at the Sock Monkey Infirmary Tent (or First Aid tent, whatever they call it) at 3:00 (just in case we get there late)....I'll be the one with the cowgirl sock monkey and stargazer will have her Frida Kahlo sock monkey.

If this works for you, send me a PM so I know!

Also, Chicago Busties, I need your help- I need a last minute birthday present for a friend. I was thinking of getting him a few things, like stuff you'd find in the Archie McPhee catalog- little kitschy, pointless, weirdness. I'd just order it from Archie McPhee, but I need it by tomorrow night. Any suggestions on stores that sell that kind of stuff? One thing I was specifically thinking of was at The Heartland, they sold several products by a company that were like notepads and journals, some were like report cards, but really funny and about things like dating, food, movies, etc. Does anyone know the company that makes those?

ETA: Stargazer found the company for me wub.gif KnockKnock. And I remembered Uncle Fun on Belmont. And such a lovely day to go there! Enjoy this day, ladies- Tom Skilling says it's the best we'll have for a couple of weeks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 2 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #19

Ululah, we're not sure which day we're going- we're waiting to see the weather predictions and decide by Thursday or so. I'll post again in here once we know and we'll pick a place to meet, if you'll be around. Which day are you going?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ululah
post Mar 1 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

I'll be at the sock monkey festival. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know - I wouldn't mind getting to know some new people in the area.

+Quote Post

57 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 02:35 PM