Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
anoushh
post Jul 20 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #4401

Hardcore BUSTie

Doh! I think you've got it, Jasmine!
Thanks.

You know, re: the baby moving, I spent a lot of time--too much--worring about this. I kept thinking "was that it?" and "shouldn't it have happened by now?" I think I was 22 weeks before I was sure--I know it was at least 21 weeks before I felt anything that I knew was the baby moving. People saying things like "Well, I felt it move at 14 weeks" and such didn't help me at all--just got me freaked out.

"Fluttering" is the best description I can think of, but that's not really right, either. I don't remember the first time I knew, but once it started, I've felt it every day since, and now I'm sure. It feels a bit like that feeling you in your stomach when you go down a hill really fast.

I had crampy feelings too, right before I started to notice movement that I was sure about. Don't know if it had anything to do with the baby moving or not, but the feelings I have now are different than those were.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jasmine77
post Jul 20 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #4402

BUSTie

Congrats everyone!!!

Quick question for all the experienced moms.

I'm almost 18 weeks along and I'm waiting to feel the baby move. Not sure what to expect. I've heard fluttering, twitching and gas-type feelings but nothing really seems like it's happening. I've felt some weird crampy, sharp feelings with a tiny flutter after but I'm not sure if that's the baby or me needing to pee. Just wanted to know your experiences on this.

BTW, anoushh, I think abx stands for antibiotics. Correct me if I'm way off, rosie! smile.gif

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Jul 20 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #4403

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay noof and cran!!! smile.gif

And rosie, what is an abx? (Thanks for your post, btw!)
They told me I could still deliver at the birth center, and like you said, I don't need the IV the whole time. I'm a bit better about it now, but still freaked out a bit, too.

Anyone else have the chronic yeast infection problem (I'm sure someone else did recently.) I was losing my mind. Still not too far off that. I paid a shitload for some cream not covered by my insurance b/c nothing else was working, and you guessed it--it came back right after the cream ran out. I tried yogurt out of desperation (hadn't before only figuring that it wouldn't be strong enough for this level of infection) and if i use it every day it keeps the worst of the symptoms at bay. But honestly, this is a huge pain in the hoo-hoo.

Baby is moving all over the place these days, though, and the ultrasound a couple of weeks ago (at about 23.5 weeks) was all good.

+Quote Post
cranberrigirl
post Jul 11 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #4404

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks Maddy. No kidding though, when I found the 2 lines with Mr. Cran- we were like.."oh great. Now what?!" (only because you all know the range of emotions you go through, Mr. Cran was like.. welp, instead we'll buy an RV and live on the open road like land pirates. )

But the mood of the doc office put an end to that. The little nurse lady was all smiley when I told her of the possibility but then quickly whispered is this a good thing? (probably because of the look on my face..)But otherthan that.. you would think I was about to give birth to the Christ child. I told Mr. Cran I feel like I just joined a club. Im wondering where my toaster is.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Jul 11 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #4405

Hardcore BUSTie

cran- that is the cutest story! i never look in this thread but i'm so glad i did. congrats! it's like fate or something smile.gif

[gotta love though, how everyone assumed you'd be happy AND want the news announced]

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 11 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #4406

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

I'll take a little of that babydust if you're handing it out! Mr. Pixie and I are officially trying now that he got his new job and we know what are financial/insurance situation is! Today is my cycle day 1. I just found out my SIL is pg too. It would be soo fun to be pg togther!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
cranberrigirl
post Jul 11 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #4407

Hardcore BUSTie

*noof*

I've been away a while... busy with schtuff.. but just wanted to update... after 6 months of trying,(more sex than I have ever had in this 5 1/2 year relationship) the ups and downs and a final decision that we ARE not having kids, I made an appointment to get Birth control yesterday to end the MADNESS of it all.
By Sunday night, I told Mr. Cran, I still didn't have my period.. and we decided knowing once again where this was going suggested I take the last prego test (that he had to hide from me) just to get it out of our systems so we would know and shut up. I peed and it took forever. I just stared at the stick instead of my tricky, flip it over and not look at it for the 3 minutes. It took longer than ever. I got 2 lines. blink.gif

I still had my appointment and I said I think I could be prego. They asked when my last period was and whatever and said it was really too soon to tell. I said "well just thought you all should know." (afterall I'm coming in for Birth control. They made me pee again, my doctor came in after a half hour- saying the nurse didn't know whether to run the test. (meanwhile my fingers are bloody stumps from chewing at them) She also said it was really too early to tell. But she said she'd be right back. Suddenly, after 6.2 minutes later she pushes open the door and says in the loudest voice "CONGRATULATIONS!"

blink.gif

She said she hasn't seen it change this fast before and that my hormones must be bubbling. And to go home and celebrate.

As I left the doctors office 3 nurses congratulated me on my way out. The same thing with the ob/gyn office.
All I can say is it's a good thing I want this baby, cuz I can't imagine going through all the people cheering for me.

anyhoo wanted to share cuz we are keeping this tight lipped until about november. I'm due March 18, 2007.

+Quote Post
noof
post Jun 30 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #4408

BUSTie

Thanks for the vibes, ladies.

Well, the last time I carried a pregnancy to term, Car got pregnant with Cooper, so maybe I can spread some baby luck! :-)

I am now five weeks, and alternating between wanting to puke, eat, or sleep, so I'm guessing this is "for real." I also did another pee stick (because I'm anal) and got a positive within 10 seconds!

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Jun 28 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #4409

crush groovin'

NOOF! that is soooo awesome!!! i'm so happy for you. maybe this will bring me some babydust too!

~~~~~healthy, happy, full term lovey dovey baby vibes for noof family~~~~~

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
charli
post Jun 28 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #4410

Hardcore BUSTie

Less then three weeks to go! And I'm still procrastinating on washing the baby's clothes and getting them ready.

I think it's nerves. I'm starting to get nervous about having this little person to take care of. Plus I'm spazzing about how the hell I'm going to take care of her and my 9 yr old, who I absolutely adore so splitting my attention is going to be really tough.

Arrghh.

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Jun 28 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #4411

Nice Kitty

YEAH NOOF!!! One, for being able to read the line-style pee tests! and two, for Noofling V. 2.0!!! ~~~~~healthy preggo vibes~~~~

back to relurking again.

+Quote Post
chani
post Jun 27 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #4412

Hardcore BUSTie

~~~~~~newnoof~~~~~~

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jun 27 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #4413

*~*~*~*~healthy noofling vibes~*~*~*
I am waiting on my 2 lines....hopefully we can journey together!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
noof
post Jun 27 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #4414

BUSTie

*thread-butt*

Sorry to "interrupt" but I just got two lines on the pee stick!!! I've had two miscarriages - one before a healthy baby, one after - so I'm afraid to tell my family and friends yet, but after nine months of trying, I would've BURST if I hadn't announced it somewhere!!!

Any no-more-miscarriages-for-Noof vibes would be deeply appreciated.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jun 27 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #4415

The best thing is just to walk...I think we all have those thoughts when we get down past 38 weeks and it could happen "anytime".

--------------------

+Quote Post
gilabat
post Jun 26 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #4416

BUSTie

Big time lurker here. I remember posting in this thread when I found out. I am now 38w2d and having fantasies about castor oil, jogging, cayenne pepper, sex... just about anything to get this party started.

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Jun 26 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #4417

Nice Kitty

I had a regular old OB, and I didn't get tested until week 38. There isn't any need to be overly medicated, unless there's a real need for it. Does that make sense? Granted, i had a super-medicalized labor and delivery, which was actually needed, but still.

+Quote Post
rosiero
post Jun 25 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #4418

BUSTie

Anoushh, I LOVE that quote.

Let me know how the midwife appt goes. I just reread one of your earlier posts and see that you had a GBS urinary tract infection. In that case, it makes a little more sense to go for the abx (because that's a marker for "high colonization" and/or low immunity to GBS, which are risk factors for the baby picking up the bug on the way out. We have people retest at the end of pregnancy with a vaginal swab and if it comes up negative then skip the abx. And we have plenty of people who just go for the abx for the reason I just stated. Either way, if you get the IV for the meds, there's no reason you need to be attached to the IV tubing the whole time. It takes 5 min to deliver the medicine and it's given every 4 hours. Hopefully that means not more than 1-2 times total.

Good luck!!
Rosie

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Jun 18 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #4419

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, rosiero. It helps to have more information. I"ll see the midwife in just over a week, and I can ask all these questions then, but it's hard not to worry in the meantime.

Anway, I thought I'd share this quote someone shared with me recently. It's from Barbara Holland's "Endangered Pleasures: In Defense of Naps, Bacon, Martinis, Profanity, and Other Indulgences" (Being a long time vegetarian, I think the reference to bacon in the title put me off reading it before. I'm rethinking that now, I like this so much.)

Being pregnant is fun because you needn't accomplish anything else today. No matter how many hours you frittered away with nothing concrete to show for them - no novels written, fortunes earned, trees planted, drowning swimmers resuscitated, cathedrals designed, or even missing buttons replaced - or even dishes washed - you were pregnant all day long. you were adding extra cells, maybe frivolous refinements like ears and fingernails, to a human body. That's enough to keep anyone busy and justify the day.

+Quote Post
rosiero
post Jun 15 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #4420

BUSTie

delurking. Actually, I haven't even been lurking around here lately. Too damn busy! But I wanted to let anoushh know that I am a midwife in a birth center and we have people birth there who are GBS+ all the time. We recommend antibiotics but some people decline them and we're cool with that if it's their informed choice. If we give the abx, we disconnect the IV (leave the port in the arm) between doses.

I'm planning a home birth (in october) and will probably refuse testing all together. That's what I did last time. Most midwives are totally fine with that, and if you're in a setting that doesn't favor lots of interventions (lots of internal exams, internal monitors, etc.) your baby's risk is exceedingly low. Good luck!

+Quote Post

224 Pages V  « < 219 220 221 222 223 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 08:09 PM