224 Pages V  « < 221 222 223 224 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pregnancy - all things good, bad, and otherwise
bklynhermit
post May 8 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #4441

Hardcore BUSTie

*delurking yet again*

anoushh, will you have any sort of health insurance when you get here?

my understanding from my own employer's policy, is that virtually all prenatal care is covered, unless either it's extremely egregious or unless it goes into the territory of "elective", i.e. vanity c-sections and such. if you have traditional HMO-type insurance here, you should definitely be covered for a few extra visits to the midwife, etc. the only thing that might not be taken care of is if you are prescribed something to deal with the pain -- a lot of health plans have virtually no prescription coverage.

if you have no health insurance at all, do you know if you'll qualify for medicaid once you arrive? most places waive the poverty requirements for uninsured pregnant women, but i'm not sure about residency requirements -- if you're UK born and won't have a green card right off the bat when you get here, it might be much more complicated than this.

there are also a great many nonprofits and state-run agencies who provide prenatal care to uninsured women (as well as pediatric care for uninsured children) -- if you have no other resources and can't qualify for medicaid due to residency issues, you might want to look for one of these groups.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 8 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #4442

Hardcore BUSTie

d'oh! double post!

+Quote Post
anoushh
post May 8 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #4443

Hardcore BUSTie

my sacroilliac joint is so far out of alignment that I can barely move. Moving without pain is out of the question. Being still without pain is pretty much out of the question. I'm only 15 weeks!

I have a PT appointment Wednesday, but worry about when I leave the country and go back to the US (may 30th) where treatment is based on ability to pay rather than need. What happens when I'm actually big?!

+Quote Post
charli
post May 7 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #4444

Hardcore BUSTie

The website epregnancy.com., which is of the same magazine, is actually pretty cool. The boards are nice. There are a lot of women on there that remind me of those of us on here. Smart.

I mean there's basic preg info and stuff but the boards are extensive and you don't get the feeling you're talking to a 30 yr old who doesn't know about her vagina as you do on other boards. haha

I pretty much post only there now(vs some issues I had at some other boards, one of which I realized after a while was made up of the most homophobic anti-liberal people I'd ever come across in my life.)

Good luck to both of you!

I'm 30 weeks now and extremely, extremely cranky lately. That and my baby shower looks like it's about to be a bust so I had a meltdown about it to my husband(include a long week, son's communion yesterday, and a nasty fight with my mother this morning) and he had the nerve to tell me to get over it and he wasn't going to jump on this pity party.

I cried even more after that. Sooo unlike him. I haven't talked to him in an hour and half. He doesn't get it.

So anyways hormones have taken over, my back and boobs hurt constantly. It hurts to walk it seems. And I just want to go on maternity leave already cause I hate being at work and actually having to be around people. Ugh.

I'm just miserable tonight. I should snap out of it but just can't. Oh well.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 7 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #4445

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Kluski,
I have been posting at thebabycorner since I got pg with my first 5 years ago. It does have the top 10 baby name threads, but it goes way beyond that to due date boards, playgroups, even fun things like reading/trivia/ lesiure activity types of threads. There is also a lot of information on there for people TTC. A little bit of everything. Some of teh people on there are not as cool as Busties, but you can always find someone going through the same things you are.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
anoushh
post May 7 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #4446

Hardcore BUSTie

Jasmine, a lot of breast size increase happens very early on, so try not to worry.

+Quote Post
jasmine77
post May 7 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #4447

BUSTie

Hi Kluski!

Congrats! I'm also 7 weeks along. My hubby and I just told his bro and sis-in-law whom we're very close to. It's amazing how much different I feel now that someone knows. I've known I was knocked up since day 27 of my cycle and I've just been keeping it between Mr. Jas and myself. It wasn't until I told them that it feels real to me. I'm not showing, don't really have much morning sickness and in general feel okay except for some fatigue and moodiness. Being able to post on here and talk with someone who's been through it before is helping.

As for sites to check out, I've been to BabyCenter but honestly, most sites out there need to be viewed with a giant sized grain of salt. I'm a medical professional and it just plain amazes me how much misinformation is out there. Another thing that I found kinda helpful for some info and a guideline is a pregnancy week by week book. My sis-in-law let me borrow hers and it's good to have an idea of what's going on in there with the smidgen.

Anyways, hope that helps a little.

Just want to vent a bit, may be something more for the big breated thread but..., I just was measured at a bra shop since I've noticed none of my bras fitting the past few weeks. I'm now officially a 36DDD :-( I'm only 7 weeks along!!! I'm actually quite alarmed by this and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that my boobs are now freak-show material. Any advice? Encouragement? I'm really scared I'm going to turn into a giant walking breast by the time this baby comes and I try breastfeeding.

thanks all, and congrats to car!!!! :-)

-Jasmine

+Quote Post
kluski
post May 7 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #4448

hey ladies...

apologies for crashing your party, but as a recently discovered-to-be-knocked-up gal, I have been looking around the past few days for a site/forum that will put me in contact with others who are of both a similar mindset and state of physicality.

We found out on Friday that I am pregnant - apparently somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks - and are thrilled, albeit nervous as hell. Okay, oddly, the other half doesn't seem too nervous, but I am a bit jumpy, or perhaps that is just the constant crying jags from the hormones. We weren't particularly planning this, but then we weren't against it either. We were originally thinking that we would start trying sometime this summer, but basically, we went on vacation to California in April and apparently came back with an extra souvenir. It means that we might have a quite a little New Year's party of our own.

Like others I have seen posted here, I am pretty horrified with the idiocy on other sites and forums - I am hoping to be able to be in touch with other ladies who are also (fairly) well informed of what is going on with them and, at the same time, not all consumed by every ounce of this experience for the next 8 months or so - although I am sure that as it gets further along, it will be harder and harder to forget for a moment what is going on in the inside.

One other reason that I am hoping to connect with all y'all is that, at 6+ weeks, we aren't ready to tell anyone in the family-friends circle and the ability to connect with the lovely ladies of Bust seems like an extension of that circle, albeit an anonymous one.

Enough about me and the bean.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for websites or resources that are out there and are NOT comprised of the top 10 baby names or the like?

I'd love to get your tips and recommendations for resources. I have a great mid-wife to whom I have gone to for general womancare for years now, so I get to call her whenever I like, but I haven't been able to tap my mothering and pregnant friends (of who I currently have 7 due within 4 months of me! dang...) for their suggestions without raising suspicions!

many thanks in advance and I hope to get to know you better in the coming months.

Kluski

+Quote Post
farmgirl
post May 7 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #4449

keeping the chickens fed...

**Driveby love & congrats to the car family**

(Despite being on hiatus, I've been checking in every few days specifically to see if car had birthed... :-) )

+Quote Post
anoushh
post May 6 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #4450

Hardcore BUSTie

Fantastic!! :-) :-)

+Quote Post
tart
post May 5 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #4451

Making up for lost time

Congratulations Car! Hope everything went smoothly for you...

--------------------
It's a parsnip, you dumbass...

+Quote Post
tallgirl
post May 5 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #4452

BUSTie

YAY CAR!!! Congratulations!!!! Woo hoo!!!

--------------------
One day... one day there will be peace in my heart, order in my head, and simple silence all around. I just hope I live to see it.

+Quote Post
noof
post May 4 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #4453

BUSTie

Congratulations Car!!!!

Cooper will be the bestest big brother evah!

+Quote Post
chani
post May 3 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #4454

Hardcore BUSTie

just got the news from mando - a baby boy for car! Yay!!!

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post May 3 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #4455

Hardcore BUSTie

just to let you know, car's water broke this morning, and she headed in for probable delivery. will update as soon as i hear.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
duplessix
post May 3 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #4456

BUSTie

meant to say deprived, not deprioved though it sets as good example as to where my mind is these days (mainly, in Elmo's magical drawer). sorry.

--------------------
"Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart..."

+Quote Post
duplessix
post May 3 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #4457

BUSTie

hey, wanted to get my convoluted/sleep-deprioved thoughts on mommyhood out there and thought the best way would be a blog:
http://mommyspell.blogspot.com/

seeking others with similar kinds of momcentric thoughts... please share blogs as i'm ravenous!
xo*

--------------------
"Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart..."

+Quote Post
noof
post May 3 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #4458

BUSTie

After I read your posts, I did further research on Black Cohosh, became alarmed and decided to stop taking it. Thank God and Busties that I only took it for two days.

Chasteberry is supposed to be a better option, but I think I will discuss it with my doctor before popping any more pills. I just have to get over this "I want to be pregnant nownownowNOW" mentality.

I should probably also stop hating every woman (except my precious Busties, natch) who has a bun in the oven

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 2 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #4459

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah, i've seen black cohosh on lists of herbal abortifacients before -- i'd steer clear if you're actively trying to get pregnant.

*closes the door of the dumbwaiter and goes back to lurking*

+Quote Post
chani
post May 2 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #4460

Hardcore BUSTie

noof - call me a hater, but I'd ditch the cohosh. It has estrogenic properties so taking it every day could interfere with your own verrry sensitive hormonal signals, kind of like the birth control pill.... not really helpful if you're trying to conceive. Let alone the fact that its safety in pregnancy is totally unknown. Make sure you mention it to your doctor.

+Quote Post

224 Pages V  « < 221 222 223 224 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 08:54 AM