The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gross teeth, smelly clothes, hacking cough...as if you needed a reason to quit smoking!
raskel
post May 23 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm not a smoker myself, but Mr. Raskel quit in January, after many many attempts of course. What worked for him was setting a date to quit. He had a couple of weeks to come to terms with it that way. It took a while for him to stop eating dried fruit all of the time, but that's what he used to occupy his oral fixation. It probably took 2 months before he'd just forgotten about smoking all together.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cstars124
post May 23 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been trying to maybe not quit smoking completely (cause i don't think i'm ready and i'm also nervous about stopping, if that makes any sense), but at least cut down. I usually smoke about 4-5 cigarettes a day (at the most and usually not even a full one). And for the past few days, I've been smoking a half of one and seem to be Ok. But I REALLY don't want to gain anything, which is a major concern for me NOT to stop.

And I also have a horrible oral fixation and am afraid that I'll be soo bored with not having anything in my mouth (as nasty as that sounds) to NOT have one...

does this make any sense?

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 21 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

saktii, back when i quit a few years ago, i chewed a LOT of gum. i also tried to keep healthy snacks around i could munch on -- lots of celery and carrots to help with my oral fixation.

it helped, and i have been (pretty much) smoke free for about 4 solid years now. once in a long while, i will crave a cig, and smoke it if i can bum one off of someone. but then the craving goes away and i won't want one for months and months.

it also helps immensely now that both NYC and NJ have banned smoking in bars/clubs, and my temptation to smoke when i am out is reduced.

+Quote Post
saktii
post May 21 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a question for those of you who have managed to quit. I think the scariest part about quitting for me is the idea of gaining weight. I know it's vain and stupid, but this is the main reason why I'm too afraid to quit.
How have you all dealt with this?

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
saktii
post May 21 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a question for those of you who have managed to quit. I think the scariest part about quitting for me is the idea of gaining weight. I know it's vain and stupid, but this is the main reason why I'm too afraid to quit.
How have you all dealt with this?

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
venusindisguise
post Apr 27 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #6

BUSTie

thanks- i'll be back!

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 24 2006, 05:21 AM
Post #7

it's cards on the table time

Bumpity bump for venus.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2014 - 12:02 AM