Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
sixelacat
Somewhat related...

A letter to the woman at Hen House:

I know you thought you were working a fierce runway walk in those boots, but sadly this was not the case. Partly because A: it's not a runway, it's the pickle aisle; B: you paired perfectly acceptable knee high stacked heel boots with capri pants. But mostly the walk itself looked as if you'd had an unfortunate suppository accident, with your legs reaching your destination too far ahead of your body. You looked like you were ready to apply to the Ministry of Silly Walks. Perhaps you needed to ditch the thong? Whatever the reason, please stop. For everyone's sake.

Love,
sixelacat
hellotampon
Maybe she was trying to walk her way out of a thong wedgie. The way a cat tries to walk it out when you put a piece of tape on it's head.
auralpoison
Completely OT, but I've never stuck tape on my cat's head. *rushes off to find some tape & corner a feline*

Rife with fashion disasters & now I know why. I went to the mall. It was always lame when I lived here, now it almost exclusively sells whore-wear. I saw a big-haired woman yesterday that was rocking the black lipliner on a pale lip, a halter top she was bulging out of the bottom of, & jeans so tight she didn't have a muffin top, she had a loaf. Clear plastic stripper shoes. That she was trying not to fall out of. Her belly/backfat jiggled with each step. She wasn't even that big, the clothes were just unflattering. And I could tell she thought she looked so *hot*. Eek!
pherber
I'm a bit jealous, I swear!

I really wish I could see some of those freaks, just so my eyes could get a break from the boring dullards that inhabit Hamburg...

The stereotypes:
Middle class:
Safe neutrals, poly/cotton mix catalog style, and sensible loafers.

Working class:
Overweight in skinny jeans and tight lycra tops, worn with cheap ugly shoes.
Sadly, not hideous enough to be entertaining.

Teenagers:
Clichèd sub-culture hiphop-goth-emo-whatever sheepherd look, always worn with that irritating "I'm sooo different and original!" attitude. rolleyes.gif

Reeperbahn tourists:
Beige safari outfits, trekking sandals, rucksacks.

Someone please send sequins and rhinestones - it's an emergency!
culturehandy
I fucking hate EMO.
damona
i saw a lady at best buy the other day. she was a nice looking woman, decent hair and makeup.... slightly too tight halter top and denim capris. she had a small baby with her, so i'm guessing her fashion faux pas was a result of trying to fit into pre-baby clothes a bit ahead of schedule. the worst part tho, was that she was wearing super high platform sandals, the kind where the sole is a bit narrower than the footbed. and she was doing the wiggle walk. i thought of the comments on here from a couple days ago, pictured her as a cat with tape on it's head, and snorted diet pepsi all over myself. it almost killed me.
pherber
I wouldn't give a rat's ass about Emo, if it weren't for those teethgnashingly irritating pics of one-eyed sadness.
Fucking myspace is full of it. I want to bang my head on the desk everytime I see one of those.
freckleface7
isn't that style called Skunkhair?

and isn't it (hopefully) already 'out?'

ironically enough, when I did the platinum/copper all over streaks in my hair (what I now ruefully refer back to as my 'stripper streaks,' the mr totally dug it and has actually requested I do it again.
ummm, considering how it totally FRIED my hair, made me feel like a *freak* and I am only using vegetable based hair colorants now.. not so much!

pherber, I've lived in germany- and I hope this doesn't offend you but, what about the near glow in the dark stop light red fake hair on older women?
oh, and the men w/ bermuda's pulled up to their armpits & dark socks w/ clogs?
(maybe it's a cultural thing tho? I really don't mean to offend!)
mouse
a burlesque dancer showed me how to walk in heels and it still took me a year to really become comfortable. i still can't manage much over 3 inches anyway without looking like an idiot.

i wish i had a cat to put tape on its head to find out what the hell hellotampon is talking about...

PHERBER'S BACK! i thought i saw you around. HI PHERBER!

COF last weekend at an art museum. girl, my age, black tee, longer than usual but still NOT A DRESS, & silver leggings. now, these were not just any kind of silver leggings, which are bad enough to begin with. these were skin-tight, super super thin leggings, which meant that every jiggle of her flesh was magnified tenfold. and she was a nicely shaped girl! the kind of girl who theoretically could pull off leggings! if leggings were meant to be pulled off as pants in any way, and not just meant to be PULLED OFF THE BODY in punishment if anyone tried to wear them as pants. she did not have ginormous thighs that should have been in sweatpants. her thighs were smaller than mine. but somehow, the combination of the second-skin-ness of the leggings and their reflective silver color made every step she took a veritable thigh-earthquake. I COULD NOT LOOK AWAY. it was hypnotizing.
pherber
Thanks, mouse!!! biggrin.gif
Yeah, I didn't have internet for over a year, and I so missed the lounge.

freckle, I'm not offended at all!
Your post cracked me up!
That horrible burgundy red that is so popular amongst older women, I never got that.
They're probably trying to look youthful, which is weird, beause that just emphasises their age.
Incidentally I've lived in Britain for a few years, and I've always admired how British men refuse to wear shorts in the summer.
I hate that German habit of throwing off clothes, as soon as the sun comes out. rolleyes.gif
I think we should introduce school uniforms, where boys are forced to wear shorts even in winter, so they will develop a lifelong phobia of exposing their legs to the public.
It's cruel, I know, but anyone, who's ever seen an 80 year old Nazi with varicose veins in shorts will probably agree! laugh.gif
dusty
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/05/21/f...-stupid-u-look/

Speaking of sensible shoes, I was just at a union convention and someone pointed out to me how all the nurses had comfortable looking shoes on.
missladyj
Hilarious Dusty!!!
freckleface7
thank you pherber, for allowing me to sound like a callous OAF & not being mad tongue.gif but there were quite a few things while we lived there that made me go ohmy.gif !
pherber
*chuckles*

mornington
but surelym, pherber, you've seen the collection of shirtless chavs every summer. Beer gut and bad tats...

saggy green ribbed leggings. that is all.
Gypsymoth
Lots of preppy crimes of fashion at work today. People coming back for college reunions with khaki shorts that had little embroidered whales or flamingoes or martini glasses on them. They would almost work if they were worn in an ironic way, but that wasn't the case.
hellotampon
QUOTE(Gypsymoth @ Jun 2 2008, 03:07 AM) *
Lots of preppy crimes of fashion at work today. People coming back for college reunions with khaki shorts that had little embroidered whales or flamingoes or martini glasses on them. They would almost work if they were worn in an ironic way, but that wasn't the case.

My boyfriend has duck pants! I love them. So does everyone else.
freckleface7
seen at harris teeter yesterday : glow orange crocks, w/ short black dress socks.
sported below bermuda shorts? I was so momentarily stunned by the pokadotted effect of the black thru orange holes, I really didn't see much above the knee.
(and yes, on a man.)

also spotted there : glow Neon GREEN crocks, no socks, rugged outdoorsy guy.
kittenb
QUOTE(hellotampon @ May 23 2008, 08:53 AM) *
Maybe she was trying to walk her way out of a thong wedgie. The way a cat tries to walk it out when you put a piece of tape on it's head.

QUOTE(auralpoison @ May 23 2008, 09:11 AM) *
Completely OT, but I've never stuck tape on my cat's head. *rushes off to find some tape & corner a feline*

I love putting adhesive things on my cats and they practically beg me too. Wether it is price stickers or just post-it notes, it just makes me laugh! laugh.gif

The other day I saw some lovely young woman wearing a man's shirt belted over stockings. Not leggings or tights but stockings. It was SHORT! What really scared me was that I think I did the same thing when I was 19. Sad to realize I looked that silly.

llamas
In the Target parking lot: soccer mom wearing a cute black jersey tankdress, rather form-fitting and just a little bit short, not more than a few inches above the knee. With baggy black denim bermudas underneath. Obviously she misinterpreted the dress-over-pants trend. laugh.gif

Speaking of Target, it makes me sad to see clumps of children all in matching Crocs. I want to yell at the parents for forcing their children to embarrass themselves. wink.gif
pherber
QUOTE(mornington @ Jun 1 2008, 08:14 AM) *
but surelym, pherber, you've seen the collection of shirtless chavs every summer. Beer gut and bad tats...

No, the last time, I lived in Britain was 1995, long before the chav phenomenon.
We have some kind of equivalent, though, they're arrogantly called underclass (yes without a hint of irony)
I have a theory that the new left Blair and Schröder were responsible for this, but that probably belongs in another thread...

More on topic:
I've seen the crocs on a person for the first time yesterday.
I didn't even notice the crocs at first, I just wondered why that girl had such an unbelievably ridiculous duck walk, when I spotted the shoes...
They looked almost painfully uncomfortable.

freckleface7
I still maintain that the sandal crocks are crazily comfortable as well as cute too; I even still get compliments when I wear them and plan to buy more this summer.

that said- the duck-walk- funny! laugh.gif ( I am quite sure I do not do that in the sandals.. the mr or frecklette would not hesitate one milisecond to laugh and then point it out if I did; or maybe point and Then laugh at me. either way, same!)

totally & completely o/t: pherber , you are from Germany- yes?
do you know of the 'ping pong glass game' played at carnivals & fests there?
where there are tiers of glasses of various sizes & shapes & you bounce ping pong balls on the counter & whichever glass it lands in you Win?
we were MAD for that game when we lived there & miss it crazi much, and in fact, would sort of like to import it to the US, were we carnival/circus or sideshow people. biggrin.gif
deschatsrouge
Crocs were made for kayaking, canoing and rafting and they work well as garden clogs. I think those are the only situations they should be worn.
hellotampon
I have crocs sandals too... these.
I got them for Europe so I'd have a pair of sandals that I could walk in comfortably and also wear in hostel showers. They're not anything to look twice at, but i don't think they're ugly either.

Lately I've been seeing Croc-offs in the grocery store, and they're even uglier than real Croc clogs. The holes come in different shapes like triangles instead of circles and the rubber looks dirty.
pherber
I could imagine wearing those:
High heeled crocs!
If they weren't made of plastic, that is.
Eek. Sweaty summer feet.

freckle, I think that duck walk, you might only get in the clog shaped crocs, because of the back strap maybe. unsure.gif

I've never heard of the ping pong game.
But things are so different in different parts of Germany.
I was on a holiday in the south, and it seemed like another planet!

It's been really hot in the last days, so I could finally get some freak action.
A lot of women don't seem to check their behinds in the mirror, I've seen way too many butt-cracks shining through white, thin linen pants.
The most offensive sight, was a very large woman in neon pink cycling shorts, that not only showed every bulge, but she also didn't wear panties underneath, so the skin tight shorts neatly split her cheeks... blink.gif

i_am_jan
I always read this thread for a good laugh. I always wish I could contribute; however, I feel the same way as a previous poster who stated how her town's inhabitants are so SAFE/conformist in their "styles" that it's boredom; not even anything bad enough to comment on. That's how my town is, too; however, I live pretty close to a suburban area and I do frequently notice people dressing they KIDS funny. My own brother's wife being a usual suspect...ever since my poor 7-year old niece has been 4 or 5, this woman has felt it necessary to adorn the top of her head with a very large feather/floral topper. in Vegas showgirl style. So. there's something different. Very "Jon Benet Ramsey."
llamas
i am jan, if you want to contribute, go to Easton. I promise you'll want to bleach your eyeballs afterward! wink.gif
i_am_jan
Ah, yes...I'm not a mall shopper. But now that you mention it, I have been visually assaulted while visiting the Apple Store at Easton. Mainly mallrats with too much Victorias Secret PINK on. Worn Waaaaaay too tight. And too many Abercrombie & Fitch catalog wannabees. You're right. I just need to get out more. I can usually be found north campus/Clintonville where you mainly either see hippies or indie hipsters; still all pretty conformist in their subculturally acceptable wardrobes most of the time. I haven't seen anything really rad around here since the 90s it seems like. ?
octobersky
Oh dear maude - Easton!! Yes, crimes a'plenty. Everytime I go there I try to remember what I saw so I can report back but sadly it just congeals into one giant fashion fug in my brain.

Oh you forgot to mention Hollister, you know surf "style" for the Midwest 'cause we just love to catch waves on the Olentangy...

Love Clintonville - Nancy's anyone? My old haunt used to be Grandview, but now meh.
grrrlyouwant
c-monkey wants crocs, and the momster wants to buy her crocs so bad, cause they think they're actually cute. i've been able to hold them off for the last five summers, but i think this is the year i finally lose the battle. they've got new croc-type shoes out-or who know, they could be actual crocs-that comes with little plastic shapes you stick in the holes, like flowers or surfboards or beach balls, and like italian charm bracelets a few years ago, they are everywhere, and you can buy additional plastic doohickies for them. i'm almost ready to declare the "two nights a week at grammy's so c-monkey can adjust to moving in with mommy" adjustment period over for fear they'll sneak off to payless one night and come back with matching crocs and charms. i must be vigilant against this growing threat! rolleyes.gif

freckle: the ping pong game isn't a common carny game round your parts? wierd. on this coast it's a staple, from the state fair all the way down to the smallest school carnival.
freckleface7
QUOTE(grrrlyouwant @ Jun 5 2008, 11:13 PM) *
c-monkey wants crocs, and the momster wants to buy her crocs so bad, cause they think they're actually cute. i've been able to hold them off for the last five summers, but i think this is the year i finally lose the battle. they've got new croc-type shoes out-or who know, they could be actual crocs-that comes with little plastic shapes you stick in the holes, like flowers or surfboards or beach balls, and like italian charm bracelets a few years ago, they are everywhere, and you can buy additional plastic doohickies for them. i'm almost ready to declare the "two nights a week at grammy's so c-monkey can adjust to moving in with mommy" adjustment period over for fear they'll sneak off to payless one night and come back with matching crocs and charms. i must be vigilant against this growing threat! rolleyes.gif

freckle: the ping pong game isn't a common carny game round your parts? wierd. on this coast it's a staple, from the state fair all the way down to the smallest school carnival.

grrrly-
I hate to break it to you, but the doohicky charm things have been around for a looong time already, and have in fact, spawned their own sub-culture cottage industry.
and were my frecklette a bit younger and still maleable in terms of footwear, my m-i-l would totally do the matching mock-crocs w/ her too; as it is, the last time they were here, she stepped out of their huge white minivan & pronounced
' look! I'm wearing crocks too!' except that A) mine are the cool sandals, and B ) hers were the fugly red white & blue someone really drunk on snowcones threw up at the mockcrock factory & played a hideous joke on society.
actually, after re reading that, I don't see the humour in that at all. dry.gif

and the pingpong game is International?!?!

what coast are you on??
we're in the carolina's- so Cali?

we don't go to fairs or carnivals (the rides terrify me & after the slew of accidents in the news latey, I am somewhat justified + I had a 'bad branch cousin' who was a carny and man, they Are just as bad /creepy as you were told by your mother) but if I knew that the game even Might be out there....

you have so- made-my-day!! biggrin.gif
kittenb
i_am_jan - Speaking as a fellow Ohioan, I just find it hard to believe that you don't see CoF's every day. All I have to do is step off a plane in Columbus to see at least two big hair blonde chicks in acid-wash and one Bubba in an ill fitting flannel shirt. And then I get to go to the towns my parents live in to remember why I moved to Chicago. blink.gif
i_am_jan
Octobersky: Ha ~ yes! Ohio SURF culture. The great thing is when they have the matching Cali-sounding accent to go with it that sounds like "like, OMG, I love Hawlisterrr" ~ *snicker*!

But hey Oct., if you're ever out to see a band or whatevs., shoot me a P.M.!?

kittenb: I can't deny, hope the visuals in Chicago are a bit more "enticing"!

llamas: If you're ever out checking out a band or whatev., hit me on a P.M.
grrrlyouwant
freckle: yup, i'm in cali, right in the central valley. and word on the no carny rides! that big swing thing that froze up and got people all tangled in chains at the calaveras county jumping frog thing? that was local. i think c-monkey's been to the county fair every year, but during the day on school field trips to check out the animals. it's been a few years since we went ourselves as a family, because i know she'll want to be on the rides, and i don't have the heart to tell her no when there are other kids right there laughing and having a good ol' time. i've always had my doubts about carny rides, and recent news just confirms them. the county fair's starting in a couple weeks, and as usual i plan to ignore it and hope c-monkey forgets about it until it's over and too late to go.
and oh dear maude, the red white and blue crocs were the momster's attempt last year. "but honey, look how cute and patriotic they are, for for the 4th of july!" yes, by all means, appeal to my nearly non-existent national pride in a one day show of fervent jingoism that pretends everything's peachy keen and the current administration isn't doing their damndest to curtail all the freedoms we're supposed to be celebrating, that'll make me give in to the fugly shoes. rolleyes.gif nice try momster, but i ain't buying. and neither are you! step away from the crocs...

oh, oh, oh, i almost forgot! major ongoing crime of fashion at work! one of the chicks that works on the line always comes to work dressed okay from the waist down-old jeans, standard rubber boots. but from the waist up, she looks like she's expecting the raw fab line to break out into an impromptu dance club. tight, sparkly, halter, silky tops-and one that manages to combine them all at once, holy crap, the mind still boggles!-and really really really dark make-up and lots of it. i mean, i can understand a little bit of lipgloss or mascara, cause there are men of all ages and cuteness, and why not catch someone's eye? but we're talking a full-on mimi spackle job. and the shirts, dear maude, the shirts! sometimes i see her sitting there in the breakroom, and i want to grab her and say "why are you wearing what are obviously your 'good' clothes (good being entirely subjective) to work when you're just going to cover up in the same blue smock and hairnet and gloves that every other person in your department wears, and be elbow-deep in turkey guts all day?! believe me honey, ain't no one here worth that much effort to impress!" but still, it's fun seeing what new craziness she'll wear in next. i swear, she's noticed people paying attention, and now she's just doing it to taunt us.
mornington
there was a woman on the tube the other day; when I saw her from the back I genuinely thought she was in her 60s. We're talking a flower-print (violet and turquoise and green) dress, must have been vintage 50s/60s... but it fit badly, and was cut at *just* that point on her calves that turned them into milkbottles. And it also widened her waist. Just not a good look, but hey, if that's your bag. Then the violet (exactly the same shade as the dress violet) crocs.

When she turned round, I realised she was my age. Stupid fuckin' indie hipster.
kittenb
I had a long, crabby bus ride home last night that gave me the chance to see the following:

- a pretty young woman who almost made her dress work. Sadly, didn't work. Her dress was a pink, suede-like material that was strapless (she had the body to pull it off.) The skirt was...I don't know what it's called...flecked with holes in some sort of a pattern. Lots of holes. So I was pretty sure that I could actually see her ass. When she bent over, oh yeah, I could totally see her thong sitting in the crack of her bottom. Way too much exposure. Add to that, she had high, shiney, silver wedges and was wearing these booties?socks?what the heel are those things women wear under uncomfortable shoes? that were really apparent. She was a cutie and the dress would have worked in a flashy pink way if it hadn't been so exposing. Ladies, always check the back view.
- another cute woman, rather short and round who was wearing a tight black 3-quarter length sleeved shirt w/a very short tight denim mini-skirt. It all just gave her a very wide horizontal appearence and she wasn't big enough to actually be called wide.
- some guy on the bus in a BRIGHT GREEN shiney polo shirt and BRIGHT BLUE basketball shorts.

I finally had to close my eyes and rest. Couldn't take any more.
auralpoison
Finally! I couldn't figure out the whole Hollister thing. I mean, there's no *real* ocean with a beach for thousands of miles on either side. Humph.

I went to a wedding over the weekend & it was a horror show of COFs. I never want to get old if I have to wear old lady clothes.
hellotampon
aww, I love old lady clothes! I love old ladies!

I even went out of my way to dress like an old lady when i was 16 or 17, because I was weird. I'm NOT saying that I WASN'T a COF though- I definitely didn't know how to put things together. Like, I really liked old lady shirts with high collars and puffed sleeves and the whole bit, but in my broke and non-driving state I couldn't find or afford shoes or skirts that went with them so I'd wear 'em with corduroys (too big) and SNEAKERS. It was horrible. I think I knew it then too, but chose to ignore it because I really wanted to wear the shirts.
mouse
i am right there with you on loving old lady clothes, hellotampon. and i too have definitely attempted to rock the high-collared, pleated, lace & puff-sleeved, ties-in-a-bow-at-the-neck polyester blouse with jeans & converse. i went through a phase of just dressing as ridiculously as possible, and i was really poor at the time so pretty much everything came from the 50 cent goodwills in rural pennsylvania. i don't know if i'd be brave enough to put on everything nowadays, but i definitely loved it then. i think there's something to be said for being ridiculous and knowing it. and there's DEFINITELY something to be said for old lady clothes!

there's a girl at my work who has been dressing incredibly inappropriately ever since she was hired, and *everyone* has been commenting on it. i tried to stay neutral and told them to quit being insensitive, but i can't hold back any longer. now, we're a casual office. but it's still WORK. and i don't think i have seen her wear sleeves yet. she NEVER wears a bra, and often she wears things that are relatively transparent. also, she usually wears low-cut pants, and her shirts roll up to expose paunch & trashy undies. girl, i too try to embrace not being the skinniest chick in the place & i try to be comfortable with my body, but work is NOT the place to showcase your unsupported flesh in any way at all! fucking wear a bra, wear a shirt that covers your stomach, wear pants that don't ride down to show me your goddamn slutty underwear, and MAYBE, MAYBE, someday try wearing something that's not a tank top? THIS IS AN OFFICE. you're easily 30 years old. you're a professional. act like it. people are talking, and i tried to stand up for you because i appreciate & relate to your embracing your not-model-size body, but seriously, ENOUGH. i'm not your roommate or your boyfriend, and as such i don't want to see it, every day, before my coffee. or AFTER my coffee. please start dressing appropriately.
missladyj
I don't know if anyone has witnessed this supposed trend but it is so stupid and annoys the shit out of me.

It's called "Wearing a funky scarf around your neck in summer". It is hot and you are stupid.

oh and i saw a pair of grey stirrup leggings again why anyone would rock this in this weather is so beyond me!!!
kittenb
While I can never defend stirrup leggings, I will defend the scarf in summer time. I am so tired of my office's air conditioning. it runs right down my neck and makes me stiff. I like the scarf! I wish I had one today. tongue.gif
i_am_jan
I can see why you might wear a scarf INSIDE in an air-co (refrigerated) cubicle, maude knows I've been there...

however, outside? tsk tsk...try to be sensible, Susan

The testosterone is in the air! I was walking around the lake yesterday and also present was a very tanned and *very* muscular young man. He was compact, stout, yet quite physically strong, apparently?...he had this routine going where he would run around the lake about 20 feet with a huge cinder block held over his head (like you put underneath a trailer or house, about 12" x 8" x 8"?) and then put down the block, do some yoga stretches, pick the block back up and run with it over his head another 20 feet, etc., all around the lake loop. Said strongman was (surprise?) wearing a pair of Abercrombie athletic shorts...no shirt...truly your typical California by way of Ohio mall-obsessed, eligible? bachelor. The confusion came in when I noticed he was wearing a beanie-style toboggan. My question was: why would you want to seal in the heat via a winter toboggan while working out in 90 degree sun? Yeah.
damona
so, yesterday, at my sisters graduation, there were so many CoF's.... made my eyes hurt. i think the best one tho, was this: a white, very low v-neck cap-sleeve tshirt, so low cut you could see the undercurve of her boobs (which were braless, of course), black shorts that looked like they were boy-short bottoms from a bathing suit, faded black scrunch socks and these. it was horrifying. truly.
lilacwine13
Maybe that guy is going bald, i am jan. There's a guy at work who always wears a knit cap and he has very little hair on top of his head. (And yes, it is getting warm here.) However, why he couldn't wear say, a bandanna or a baseball cap is beyond my comprehension.

culturehandy
I have to say I like the fun scarves, I have two one in purple the other in a print. However, I wear them when it's chilly only.

damona, those shoes! Blech, with socks!!! Oh dear (with that said, the site has some pretty fucking awesome shoes, I found a pair of boots I want).

doodlebug
I often wear a scarf throughout the year. I have a huge collection - they are an essential part of my accessorizing - otherwise you'd almost never see me in anything but black! And maybe white. I have a bunch of lightweight ones that I am wearing in the current weather....I don't find them hot at all. Of course, I probably wouldn't wear them in late July when it hits 105 - 110, but I've got lots of time.....
mornington
I wear a little silk scarf sometimes, especially if i'm dressed all in black at work. It doesn't really make me hot - I mean, wool, yes. that would be silly. but silk or thin cotton? no, it's no different from a high collar.

*passes eye bleach to damona*
culturehandy
Any sort of mary janes type shoes or black flats with white socks. What are you thinking??

I have fun socks, and I'll cuff my jeans and wear them with black flats so only to draw attention to the fun socks, but they aren't white!

White socks should be worn only when working out. That is it.
mouse
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jun 17 2008, 05:56 AM) *
Any sort of mary janes type shoes or black flats with white socks. What are you thinking??....White socks should be worn only when working out. That is it.

ummmmm i actually think this can look ADORABLE, especially if they are taller socks. and i think black flats with those little ankle-socks can look cute. there is this great photo of debbie harry which i tried in vain to find on the internet, where she is wearing peep-toe black heeled sandals and thin white socks that go up to about mid-calf, and it seems like it would be so wrong but it looks SO RIGHT.
culturehandy
I saw someone wearing them with sweat socks. Not okay. Mouse, after reading your post, I suppose it could look cute if they were cutesie socks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.