Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
kittenb
Often on WNTW they are not just criticisizing the what someone wore but the when someone wore it. I think the shoes you like are fine but the person on the show was probably wearing them to a wedding or a formal office space.

Seen Saturday afternoon: Plaid puffy down jacket, knee-high black leather boots (I think they had heels), pajama pants w/catoony figures tucked into boots. *sigh* I fear for the youth of my city.
bunnyb
freckle, wear what you're happy and comfortable wearing and who gives a fig about the length of their legs unless they are a short ass?
humanist77
this morning on the train I saw a bigger, middle aged woman wearing a silk-like, floor length coat. It had brown, faux-fur along all the edges and cuffs. The body of the coat was a bright, empire blue, with thick red and yellow stripes on the sleeves and along the color with the fur. It looked like the amazing technicolor dream coat, except way worse. Another girl and I were just staring agape until she got off the train...
crazyoldcatlady
looking at these, i actually got very 90's nostalgic.

but crimes, nonetheless.
missladyj
On casual fridays at work I rock a pair of pink converse high tops I've had since I was a freshman in high school
lilacwine13
I love Converse. About the only reason I don't wear my Chuck Taylors now is because it's too cold.

Cocl, that made me a little nostalgic (and nauseous) too....
auralpoison
I admit that Chucks are pretty much de riguer as being the choice of footwear for the charmingly quirky attired, but there is a certain classicism to them as well that pairs with the simplicity of jeans & a t shirt. That duality is a big part of why they're so popular. As long as a person's style isn't too precious/elderly, they can be worn by everybody.

I'm thirty-four, I don't wear the Chucks, I wear the Purcells with the reinforced bumper toe. I'm miles of leg, so I have no need to worry about a shortened line. I just bought two new pairs of One Stars, an understated dark suede pair & a pair in . . . gasp! black glitter. I won't wear them with everything, but they do add a hint of whimsy to some outfits.

There is a little bald baby photo of me in my first pair of blue jeans with my first pair of red Chucks. The ones I had in HS & took to art school eventually disintegrated into sneaker molecules or else my mom stole them & burned them. Converse until I die!

My other sneakers are a pair of huge-ass DC skate shoes. They look waaaaay sillier than my Purcells.

Ah, to each her own.
freckleface7
ok so while I am taking strides to grow up my {non} look a little and have ordered these :
http://www.teva.com/ClearanceDetails.aspx?...p;model=Cerella in chilli pepper and these :http://www.teva.com/ClearanceDetails.aspx?g=w&categoryID=215&productID=6935&model=Ventura+Clog also ( do you see how much they were orignally?!- how could I not?)
I'm also not giving up my Chuck's entirely either.
they are a part of who I am.
I think bc I have a teenage daughter & her friend's wear them that was my concern; there are few things sadder than a Mom who tries to desperately re gain her fading youth by dressing like her children.

tomorrow my hair gets shorn into a croppy shag to mix things up even further (see how do you wear your hair for pic) - wish me luck!
candycane_girl
cocl, that link was hilarious! I was too young to be into fashion in 1993 but it still brings back memories of the outfits that everyone thought were so cool. Hell, I never thought that leggings would come back but they did!
auralpoison
Freck, as long as you & the teen don't wear matching tracksuits with "juicy" across the ass, I think you'll be just fine.
freckleface7
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jan 29 2009, 10:15 PM) *
Freck, as long as you & the teen don't wear matching tracksuits with "juicy" across the ass, I think you'll be just fine.

oh my maude thankfully frecklette has absolutely No Desire to wear Anything printed across her ass, or her boobs for that matter either!
how much more self-demeaning can you get?

cocl: '93 was the 1st year of my marriage, so when I looked at that mag cover I thought "so?" laugh.gif
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Jan 26 2009, 07:52 AM) *
freckle, wear what you're happy and comfortable wearing and who gives a fig about the length of their legs unless they are a short ass?

I'm a short ass and I care about the length of my legs. Chucks look ridiculous on me. I don't like seeing them on women in general, although I'm fine with them on guys. I just prefer a 'dressier' look for women and am not a big sneaker wearer myself.
foryoursplendor
I'm also a short person. I bought a pair of blowfish shoes and really regretted it as they make me look even shorter. Bastards!
girltrouble
COF? the cast of "dog:the bounty hunter" just make them stop. for fucksake, they share the same channel as the what not to wear people. get a comp or something. make them over, stat!
crazyoldcatlady
90's COF's part 2!!!!!!!!!!

i loved the 90's.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Feb 5 2009, 04:34 PM) *

OMG - Moby, with hair!! I've never seen him with hair! (I'm a sick fuck, but I think he's a hott little barstard.) ...And that 'fashionable grunge' guy in the beanie and big stripey pants/shirt combo...HI-larious! Jeez, the '90s crack me up.
konphusion26
dang double post
konphusion26
Saw a rather large/tall lady at work with an unfortunately too sheer white pantsuit, wearing bright white granny panties underneath. And yes, I could see all that as she walked by; might I add, lots of ass cellulite, and ugly white shoes. Blechhhh.
thirtiesgirl
Cellulite's ok.
auralpoison
Thirties, I know you're all "fat acceptance, hooray!" & bully for you for it. Cellulite is natural & normal & everybody has it.

However. A lot of folks (Thin or fat, lots of people have cellulite & no style.) aren't as careful as you are fashion-wise & instead of playing up their strengths? Wind up showcasing their weaknesses. And the result? Is a fashion rubber-neck affair. We don't WANT to notice the ass fat, but when a person puts on a pair of pants that make their ass look like a particularly rough cottage cheese ceiling? We're forced to.

Case in point: I went to get my toenails did. A gal I went to HS with was wearing this hoodie & a pair of pants like these monstrosities. I don't care who you are, those pants are unflattering. They show every possible imperfection & create a whole slew of new ones. Especially when instead of wearing a thong or going commando, grannie panties. And the jacket being cropped the way it was only made it worse. Her can looked lumpy, hongry, & uneven; her thighs bulged in odd places. Combined with a bad weave/beanie, big flashy sneakers, gigantic knock-off bag . . . total fucking flaming trainwreck. She looked like she'd eaten an even more oddly dressed than usual Beyonce & then tried to hide in her clothes.
culturehandy
AP, that's an interesting looking hoodie...interesting being the operative word.

I can't see the pants though, there is a server error when I try and load the site.

auralpoison
It worked for me, but I changed it to a smaller pic now, see if that helps. Either way, they are those liquid latex looking leggings that were hot a few years ago. In turquiose lamé, no less.

This was a gal about my size (Two inches shorter, though.)& my age, no less. She has a waist & is fairly proportionate, just meatier than most. The sheer over-the-topness just did nothing for her figure. This is my problem with plus size urban wear. The stuff they make is cheesy on skinny women & they aren't doing the big girls any favours, either. They buy it & wind up looking like an AC hooker.
lilacwine13
The pants link worked for me, aural. Yikes.
culturehandy
The link works for me now. Holy. CRAP!

That is by far the ugliest outfit anyone could wear. EVER. I'd rather wear Bjork's swan outfit to an interview with the police than that horrid HORRID thing.

My eyes!!! MY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
auralpoison
Imagine that with big head, short neck, small shoulders, huge juggs, small waist, big ass, & thick thighs. The ensemble's proportions were all wrong for her shape!

To top it off, the girl is dark with a REALLY light weave. And her poor weave . . . was baby blonde goldilocks curls. . . wait for it, wait for it . . . mixed with PINK goldilocks curls. The weave was loose, the beanie kinda dirty. But she thought she was hot. More power to her, but I was digging my nails in my palms to keep from shaking her silly.

It did all match, though, technically.
culturehandy
you know AP, the thought of that makes me want to get sick.

I think I'm going to throw up. then bleach my eyes. Then go for counselling to get over that MONSTROSITY!!
bustygirl
Target has tie dyed leggings. On sale. For people to buy. And wear. In public.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *
Thirties, I know you're all "fat acceptance, hooray!" & bully for you for it. Cellulite is natural & normal & everybody has it.

However. A lot of folks (Thin or fat, lots of people have cellulite & no style.) aren't as careful as you are fashion-wise & instead of playing up their strengths? Wind up showcasing their weaknesses. And the result? Is a fashion rubber-neck affair. We don't WANT to notice the ass fat, but when a person puts on a pair of pants that make their ass look like a particularly rough cottage cheese ceiling? We're forced to.

I hear you. I'm just tired of fat people being targeted as "fashion don'ts" and one's body shape being condemned or glorified as part of their fashion sense. I'm also tired of hearing fat people referred to as 'disgusting,' even if that word is not openly used. I don't find fat disgusting or a "fashion don't," nor do I think it has any bearing on one's fashion sense. I do understand there's a time and a place to feature and show off one's fat (e.g., I might wear more revealing and sexualized clothing to a fat fetish club than I would to the mall or at work), but I really don't think one's size or fat should be considered a "crime of fashion." Are we really going to espouse that old, stereotypical and anti-fat adage that "fat is unattractive" on this forum?
konphusion26
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Feb 26 2009, 03:31 PM) *

Case in point: I went to get my toenails did. A gal I went to HS with was wearing this hoodie & a pair of pants like these monstrosities. I don't care who you are, those pants are unflattering. They show every possible imperfection & create a whole slew of new ones. Especially when instead of wearing a thong or going commando, grannie panties. And the jacket being cropped the way it was only made it worse. Her can looked lumpy, hongry, & uneven; her thighs bulged in odd places. Combined with a bad weave/beanie, big flashy sneakers, gigantic knock-off bag . . . total fucking flaming trainwreck. She looked like she'd eaten an even more oddly dressed than usual Beyonce & then tried to hide in her clothes.

LMAO! I almost choked reading this. F'ing hilarious. I really wasn't so much focused on her cellulite (I've got my own), but being that I'm 5'2'' and she was at least 6 ft easily - yeah.... kinda hard not to see it. Rough cottage cheese ceiling indeed.

And to the sista with the busted weave & terrible sense of style- poor thing. Somebody probably told her she looked good that day. If they did, they should be slapped.
auralpoison
QUOTE(thirtiesgirl @ Mar 1 2009, 02:08 PM) *
Are we really going to espouse that old, stereotypical and anti-fat adage that "fat is unattractive" on this forum?

See, this is why I felt the need to say something. You're coming from a hyper-sensitive fat place. Kon described the woman's outfit, THEN mentioned her ass fat as highlighted by her ensemble. She didn't say, "I saw a grotesquely obese woman in a white pants suit today" did she? No, she didn't. Her weight was happenstance, exacerbated by a bad outfit until you chose to make a deal about it. The only person making an issue of the woman's weight is you.

Kon, she was with her big sister, who looked straight ghetto as hell, too.
candycane_girl
I think the message in all of this is that certain pieces of clothing (ie. liquid latex leggings) don't look good on anyone big or small.

I do hate the fact that a lot of clothes that don't work on me look better on skinny women. For example, a few days ago I tried on a low cut dress with a v-neck. It made me look rather skanky and my boobs were hanging out of it but I'm sure it would have been fine on a smaller chested girl.
culturehandy
I don't think anyone of any weight or size or whatever would look good in the outfit that AP posted about.

to expand on what thirties is saying, it's like if you are anything larger than a size 8 things are perpetuated that you can't look good, which is bullshit.

I know that I, personally, cannot pull of a knee length pencil skirt, it makes me look like I have a huge ass. It's a style I just cannot pull off. I don't have a big butt, I'm lean with an athletic figure but damn if that style doesn't make me look like I'm all ass. If I would wear that out of the house, you alls would have posted in here about me being a COF! HA!

lilacwine13
....meanwhile a knee length pencil skirt looks fine on me, especially paired with some high heels and a nice blouse.

However, if I wore something strapless or with cap sleeves, those would make me a COF due to having broad shoulders and thick arms. I'm not obese, it's just that those styles are unflattering on me.

It isn't so much the clothes or the body shape (I know some women who always look good, and they aren't skinny), but picking out clothes that look flattering and aren't hideous, such as staying away from shiny blue and tie-dye leggings.
auralpoison
I understand where ya'll are coming from, it's not as though I am a petite flower myself. But I felt that Kon's inclusion of the ass fat was purely anecdotal, not casting aspersions/perpetuating a myth about fat people. *I* am a styling fat person. I just have the sense to know what works for me/what doesn't & a full length mirror to make sure.
thirtiesgirl
My point is, anecdotal or not, I don't feel a person's size or shape should be considered part of a CoF. I'm all for criticism if somebody is wearing something that I find ridiculous stylewise (i.e., tight white pants, so thin one can see her pink thong through them), but I don't believe mentioning one's cellulite or the size of one's thighs or ass is really necessary. Fat is not a 'crime,' and I think we need to stop talking about it, anecdotally or not, as if it is. Isn't it time we changed that perspective?
StarLightBright
I think if someone is too big to wear a certain thing then they shouldn't wear that...there are clothes that arent meant for big people. I mean im not skinny or anything and i have cellulite...But usually when i wear something i make sure its something that looks pleasant if someone were to look at me...
freckleface7
http://www.stylelist.com/blog/2009/03/03/a...6789x1201331433

though I do think one or 2 pairs are kinda cute, wtf seriously?
deschatsrouge
Those thigh highs make me want to go fly fishing.
auralpoison
I guess it's just one of those things that we will have to agree to disagree upon, Thirties. It's personal for you. You're fat activist sensitive, so you are offended. To me, one cannot help but see another's fat lumpy ass if THEY *choose* to highlight it. It's reality whether we like it or not.

Fat people are fat. Skinny people are skinny. Many have medical/genetic reasons, but in our epidemic of obesity, many do not. We eat shit & we live sedentary lifestyles = fat people. And a lot of people that are hella skinny? Are just hella skinny. Yeah, you have models/actors/media figures that are encouraged to starve, but my BF from HS is still rail thin after two kids. Still looks like Skeletor nearly twenty years later. And she eats like a fucking horse. It's her metabolism, she eats right, & her choice to swim her face off while she trains her kids to be the best little dolphins they can be.

I think the whole PC, "don't offend anybody" thing has gotten out of control in a lot of respects. "Don't mock fat people because it's a disease!!!!!" (Pardon me for channeling Ricky Gervais right now, I so want to scrump that tubby little fucker. He could pee in my sink anytime!) But it's okay to bust on skinny people (Some people are naturally skinny just like some are naturally fat!) in bad outfits? Um, please, been plenty of posts over the years about skinny bitches looking bad. It's a double edged sword. You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't. Hence, I say mock equally!

I just don't understand what makes it *worse* to rag on a FAT person's choice of an ugly white pants suit that doesn't flatter her body (HER CHOICE, BTW.) & *then* mentioning that it highlights her ass fat than to rag on a SKINNY gal for wearing an ugly white pants suit that makes her look like a retarded ostrich. This has long been practice in the CoF thread. Skinny girls that make bad choices fall victim, too. It's the individual choice of how one leaves their house how they get mocked. Lots of shit is incidental, exacerbated by their choice of fashion. After eight odd years of frequenting this site, it's all gristle for the mill, fat or thin.

To me it's like expecting somebody to not mention the fact that I'm tall or thick or brown when describing me to somebody that's never met me, but is seeking me out. I am not ASHAMED of who I am. You want to pick me out in a crowd, yeah, my height, my thickness, & my beige-ness help. I'm not going to deny who/what I am in the name of not offending somebody. I am Chewbacca tall in heels, high yellow, have a big ass, & I'm not gonna bitch & I'm okay with it.

The basics are just as superficial as the rest of it. Bust the fuck away.
thirtiesgirl
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I feel the point bears repeating. I'm not arguing that fat people are above reproach when it comes to bad fashion and wearing ridiculous outfits. They're deserving of just as much criticism as a non-fat person in a ridiculous outfit. But let's not make it about fat, anecdotally or not. The fact that one can see someone's cellulite when they're wearing too tight, ugly pants or a really age-inappropriate mini-skirt should not be the issue. Focus on the bad pants or the mini-skirt, but don't focus on the physicality of the person wearing them. This thread is about crimes of fashion, not crimes against one's idea of what's physically attractive. We've been inundated with those messages in the popular media for years. I was really hoping I wouldn't see it continued here.
bunnyb
QUOTE(thirtiesgirl @ Jan 25 2009, 09:39 PM) *
My feeling is, unless you're a slender woman with a more athletic/boyish figure, I think Chucks shorten a woman's leg line. And if your legs look shorter, I think you look more child-like. It's the big white rubber toe. The white rubber makes the shoe itself look shorter, which, in turn, can make a woman's leg line look shorter. It definitely does for me.

QUOTE(thirtiesgirl @ Mar 4 2009, 07:24 AM) *
don't focus on the physicality of the person wearing them. This thread is about crimes of fashion, not crimes against one's idea of what's physically attractive. We've been inundated with those messages in the popular media for years. I was really hoping I wouldn't see it continued here.

"don't focus on the physicality of the person wearing them. This thread is about crimes of fashion, not crimes against one's idea of what's physically attractive."

So it's okay to tell someone what to wear when they're short because it offends your idea of what is physically attractive but it's not okay to comment that somebody who is fat should be wearing something that compliments her size, not exaggerate it?
auralpoison
*looooong slooooow claaaaap* for BunnyB

Nobody was perpetuating any media fostered anti-fat spiel/nobody was indicting fat people/nobody said being fat was a crime. This one is all about personal perception of fat persecution via fashion, so the soapbox got hauled out.

Like I already said, the focus was the cheap, bad, white pants suit/white grannie panties, *then* that it did nothing for the woman's ass. So beat that dead horse; you've been the only one flogging it's hefty rump so far.
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Mar 4 2009, 05:19 AM) *
"don't focus on the physicality of the person wearing them. This thread is about crimes of fashion, not crimes against one's idea of what's physically attractive."

So it's okay to tell someone what to wear when they're short because it offends your idea of what is physically attractive but it's not okay to comment that somebody who is fat should be wearing something that compliments her size, not exaggerate it?

Again, my focus was not on her height, it was on the type of shoe she chose to wear. I feel Chucks shorten one's leg line, regardless of if one is tall or short. I do feel a woman who is taller and more slender can "get away with" wearing things that are more boyish in nature, like Chucks, but that's personal opinion, not a "crime of fashion." I was not telling her what she should or should not wear or stating that I find the poster physically unattractive. If you got that from my post, you're reading things into it that aren't there. In fact, I think Chucks are totally cute and would wear them myself if I felt they looked better on me. But from personal experience, I've found they make me look too masculine, and that's not a style I like to work. Big difference in commenting on one's style as opposed to one's size. Style is something that one can change by going shopping, developing different taste, etc, and one can be discriminating when discussing style. Size is not always something one can change, no matter how heart healthy one may be, and I believe it's time we remove size from the equation when discussing style, good, bad or otherwise. Why discriminate against size?

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Mar 4 2009, 07:47 AM) *
*looooong slooooow claaaaap* for BunnyB

Nobody was perpetuating any media fostered anti-fat spiel/nobody was indicting fat people/nobody said being fat was a crime. This one is all about personal perception of fat persecution via fashion, so the soapbox got hauled out.

Like I already said, the focus was the cheap, bad, white pants suit/white grannie panties, *then* that it did nothing for the woman's ass. So beat that dead horse; you've been the only one flogging it's hefty rump so far.

Again, I disagree. Mentioning the woman's cellulite as part of her 'crime of fashion' *is* an anti-fat comment. The tone of the post was that the woman chose an outfit that the poster found disgusting, and it showed off her cellulite, which is also disgusting. Although it wasn't stated outright, this was the tone I picked up from the post. How is that not anti-fat sentiment?
konphusion26
Okay so basically what you're saying Thirtiesgirl, is that I discriminated against that woman because of her size? And that I said her cellulite was disgusting?? Thank you for putting words in my mouth hun. If you look back:

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Feb 18 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Saw a rather large/tall lady at work with an unfortunately too sheer white pantsuit, wearing bright white granny panties underneath. And yes, I could see all that as she walked by; might I add, lots of ass cellulite, and ugly white shoes. Blechhhh.

How is my opinion of her tacky pants suit and choice of undergarments/shoes discriminatory? Yes I mentioned her cellulite. But I wouldn't have seen it if her bad outfit hadn't made it EASY for all to see. I never said cellulite or fat is disgusting. NEVER. It was never even about her SIZE either. Lots of people are taller and bigger than me. I wasn't singling her out for her size or weight. You just chastised Bunny B for "reading too much" into your comment. Then you turned around and did the exact same thing to my post. My disgust was in the outfit and the ugly shoes to match - not her physical attributes.

I could care less what size the woman was. I was merely painting a picture of her atrocious style for the day.
This has been blown way out of proportion frankly. If I was making an "anti-fat" sentiment - I'd essentially be speaking against my own fat azz. And personally, I'm not into self hatred. If the chick didn't want to be talked about, she shouldn't have worn that mess and thought it was appropriate for the office or anywhere else for that matter.

Thank you. Now that I've clarified my position, can we please move on to another topic? As AP said, we've been beating this horse for over a week now. It's about time to let it rest.
auralpoison
Y'know what? I just don't give a fuck anymore & I'm behind on my monthly hater quota.

This is RETARDED. I have tried to politely explain that this was/is a NON-ISSUE for the majority of us, but it just won't be let go. Common sense obviously does NOT prevail over self-esteem issues & I'm putting my big fat foot through that straining soapbox.

Look, Thirties, as a short*, fat (And might I add, PARANOID.) person YOU ARE **HYPER** FAT SENSITIVE. NOBODY ELSE TOOK OFFENSE AT KON'S COMMENT. Just YOU. Because YOU CHOSE to make it PERSONAL. Blame it on the media standard, blame it on the popular notions of the sheeple, blame it on Hollywood & their "thin is in" bullshit, but it's *YOUR* ISSUE WITH *YOUR* WEIGHT that is at the root of this. And you know what? NOBODY FUCKING CARES. If you're SO fat positive, SO goddamned happy with yourself at your weight, then shut the fuck up, go find some place more ass-fat friendly & let the rest of us get back to bagging on the poor fashion choices of people of various sizes.

I will not be censored just because you're a whiny, exceedingly verbose, politically correct ninny, Thirties. I won't. So GET OVER YOURSELF.

Sheesh. I need to stay away from mirrors because the next fat person in a bad outfit I see is gonna get an inner, mental pop in the snoot. And I am fat & my jammies are fugly.

ETA: Fer reals. The whole crux of this drama rests on "reading too much" into things for fuck's sake. No matter how many times/ways we've expressed it, it's been ignored. So I guess it's do as I say, not as I do.

*Technically, Thirties is slightly above average height at 5'4" & a quarter.
bunnyb
QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Mar 8 2009, 07:05 PM) *
You just chastised Bunny B for "reading too much" into your comment. Then you turned around and did the exact same thing to my post.

Yeah, kon, I noticed the hypocrisy too and that's what my other post pointed out: that thirtiesgirl was being a hypocrite by slamming someone's taste when they are short and yet takes umbrage when you pointed out the poor style choice of somebody overweight.

Every other point that needed to be made has been by AP *long slow clap*.

culturehandy
thin women can have cellulite too...

But yes, more COF's! please.

auralpoison
Yes, CH, I mentioned that IN THE FIRST POST I MADE AFTER SHE STARTED FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT SHIT.

I am a crime of fashion. I have not gotten dressed all day. I am wearing an ill-fitting black ribbed tank & a pair of black skull print boxer briefs that accentuate the flabby-ness of my cellulite ridden thighs. My hair is in a curly half-ass knot on the back of my head, no makeup. I also have not brushed my teeth & imagine my breath is kicking like a ninja & visible to strangers.
culturehandy
I do really like how this whole thing has bred discussion, i really do. we all have valid points here, however, a COF is COF no matter what. I will agree with thirties though, that often times, some people, particulalrly of the evil media variety often makes it appear that if you are larger than a size 8 you can only wear muumuu's. Which, as well all know, totally isn't true.

Now, I am ending this derailment.

Hmm, worst crime of fashion I've pulled? i was a child in the 80's and early 90's, grunge was at it's high point when I was a teenager. I think that says it all.

auralpoison
For the love of Mike, don't stir the turd.

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Mar 8 2009, 08:47 PM) *
I will agree with thirties though, that often times, some people, particulalrly of the evil media variety often makes it appear that if you are larger than a size 8 you can only wear muumuu's.

Hmm, worst crime of fashion I've pulled? i was a child in the 80's and early 90's, grunge was at it's high point when I was a teenager. I think that says it all.

I agree with that perspective wholeheartedly, never said I didn't. I totally get that.

But I've also enough common fucking sense to know that Kon's intent was not to malign fat people. At no point did she say that the woman's *weight* was the issue, it was not even slightly inferred. But Thirties chose that opportunity to use *her* issue to dictate a rule of order because *she* was uncomfortable with what *she* perceived to be a slight against the obese. It quite simply wasn't. That is where *my* beef started. I tried to be nice about it, I did. But my patience grew weary with the blahblahblah. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not.

And Christ, the grunge era was awful. I'm so glad I avoided cameras because I wore some hideous shit. The layering! Still love flannel & Doc Martens, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.