Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
girltrouble
that page needs a better layout for comments.
sparkle cowboy had, cut out shirt, a neck bow a purse AND a fanny pack?!?! ich lady, learn to say no. having a closet means you don't have to wear every(ugly)thing you own.
stargazer
thank you, AP. you have made my day even better with posting that site. smile.gif
thirteen
Another fashion crime spotted by Thirteen!

Yesterday: A young woman walked past my car, in broad daylight, wearing white cut-off shorts (as short as she could get them) and an absolutely hideous bikini top with a pattern that looked like enormous red spiders. Terrible.
Not only was this outfit strange and ugly, but it was also completely inappropriate-- just barely covering what it should.

It was odd.
candycane_girl
omg, that site is pretty funny. A bit sad but funny.

On a non-CoF note, I've been tempted at times to start a fashion blog because here in Toronto I see so many people wearing incredible outfits. Honestly, when I first moved here I was like, "damn, I have to step it up" because people here seem to be able to just throw together perfect ensembles all the time. Of course I have not stepped it up at all and continue to wear jeans and t-shirts 95% of the time.

CoF that I meant to write about last week. A rather large man on the subway wearing board shorts, black socks with dress shoes, an open button up shirt which exposed his bright red torso hair (cause it went far beyond his chest) with a hoodie over top and the whole thing topped off with a baseball cap and what appeared to be a Britney Spears backpack.

Also, a horrible hair CoF. It was like a really bad version of hockey hair. Basically it was an average short haircut on a guy but with numerous thin curly tendrils about 4-5 inches in length starting at the nape of the neck. *shudder*
anarch
Crocs might be facing bankruptcy. via
culturehandy
YAY!

Just as all trends go, now if only Uggs would go bankrupt, CH would be very pleased indeed.
candycane_girl
lol, anarch I was so tempted to post that here! I think my favourite quote is, "They're dead and they don't know it." I still remember my mom wanting to get a pair. I think I would give her a pass because she has major foot problems and has to wear whatever is most comfortable.
missladyj
that is awesome. I agree with CH now how to take UGGS down?
Persiflager
The bankruptcy cannot come too soon: Crocs with heels

Wrongness upon wrongness.
culturehandy
my eyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

missladyj
At a streetfair yesterday I saw a women in a once piece electric blue strapless romper with what can only be described as genie/hammer pants. It was UGLY. I also saw a women in turquoise shiny leggings and a women who I hope doesn't get a yeast infection while wearing tights and shorts in the middle of summer. Also lots of dudes sans pedicures in flip flops. And hippies in hemp rope sandals or no shoes at all. I hope the barefoot hippies have their tetanus shots.
crazyoldcatlady
The bankruptcy cannot come too soon: Crocs with heels

Wrongness upon wrongness.

whyyyyy, god.......... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
girl_logic
Did you read the product description:
"this classy slip-on shoe fuses comfort with style" rolleyes.gif
It's a lot like staring into the void though...I kind of want to buy a pair...or at least try them on.
lilacwine13
Yeah, I hope all the barefoot hippies I saw this weekend had their tetanus shots too, missladyj. laugh.gif

Let's see, I also saw:

--Hippie guy wearing a flowered pink, ankle length skirt with an orange and white mesh shirt.
--Middle aged woman wearing a red t-shirt with shorts that were printed with Budweiser cans
--Middle aged man wearing a black African print tunic, gray board shorts, white socks and running shoes
--Another man with a mullet, a green mini sundress, white socks and again, running shoes (not the same guy as above)

...and those are the only ones I remember, I think I might have blocked out a few.
p_176
i bet crocs are going out of business/bankrupt beccause, i don't care how comfortable their shoes are, no one has money anymore to spend $50 on shoes! and when i had a layover on the plane, i tried on a few of their shoes. they don't look good. at. all.

CoF - one of my coworkers apparently thinks the messy hair looks good on her. nope, not so much, and it makes her face look fatter as well. combine this with her jiggly calves.....eeeesh.
auralpoison
Pssssst! Ix-nay on the atter-fay & iggly-jay alves-cay. You never know who might be lurking!
kittenb
Wow, the discomfort of heels combined with the ugliness of Crocs. No one would win with that combination. blink.gif

Whomever mentioned the new/returning harem pants below brought back a memory that I though I had fully repressed. Someone was wearing those the other day. Oh god, the horror!
freckleface7
some things you need to see with your own eyes before you believe it.
go through the slide show and pay close attention to image #7- I actually feel nauseated.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/08/1...show_index.html
pollystyrene
QUOTE(missladyj @ Jul 27 2009, 10:37 AM) *
At a streetfair yesterday I saw a women in a once piece electric blue strapless romper with what can only be described as genie/hammer pants. It was UGLY. I also saw a women in turquoise shiny leggings and a women who I hope doesn't get a yeast infection while wearing tights and shorts in the middle of summer. Also lots of dudes sans pedicures in flip flops. And hippies in hemp rope sandals or no shoes at all. I hope the barefoot hippies have their tetanus shots.

Stargazer and I went to Lollapalooza a couple weekends ago and there were so many people without shoes. It was disgusting. It was pouring rain on Friday until mid-afternoon, so the place was a mud pit. I'm sure it was just easier to take your shoes off after awhile, but the thought of all the diseases in that mud....egad.

While we were there I took pictures of a couple of CoF's (there were so many to choose from!), I just have to remember to upload them here.
auralpoison
Are those . . . flocked or something? They look awfully fuzzy for plastic.
culturehandy
note to self, do not drink water when looking at pictures of plastic shoes.
candycane_girl
On Saturday night, a young woman wearing a black swimsuit that had side cutouts but kind of with fringe that attached to each side of the swimsuit. I can't even describe it. Anyway, over top of that she was wearing short shorts with a black, white and gray army print and a matching vest. It was just bad.
freckleface7
camo print truly looks best on hard-bodies soldiers.
(consider me somewhat of an expert on that wink.gif )

discovered today: wal mart, under the miley cyrus brand, now carries black pleather-like leggings. or would you call them hot pants? or skinny non-jeans? whatever the hell, I HAD to reach out to touch them to believe my eyes and was absolutely revolted. if snake skin felt slimy- that'd be the feel.
bustygirl
Vests can be cute. Cropped vests, however, cannot. What you are wearing, ma'am, is an ill-fitting bra.

And I agree on the horror of the plastic sandals--except for one: That Vivienne Westwood one was SO CUTE!
missladyj
Dudes in flip flops who don't take care of their feet. If you are gonna expose those toes, for the love of pete please get a pedicure.

Women in white wide leg pants with underwear that is red and white polka dots. I only noticed the color of the underwear because her pants were TOTALLY SEE THROUGH.
indiechick
People of Walmart. 'nuff said.

x-posted in the bizarro website thread.
anarch
bikini jeans

reminds me of those stupid jeans attached to socks
hellotampon
eww. even that toothpick model looks bulgy in those. But the hipless mannequin looks like shit in them too. I can't see how they flatter anyone.

and... jeans attached to socks?

anarch
jeans attached to socks

to make tucking the jeans into your boots easier, see.
culturehandy
now that shit is fugly.

I remember seeing something about the bikini jeans a while ago, c'est ugly.
culturehandy
Double post, but

even the lolcats don't like crocs.
crazyoldcatlady
brown long-sleeve turtleneck sweater.
bright yellow short shorts.
hiking sandals.

pick a season, honestly.
treehugger
short, polka dotted crop top.

Fuschia Leggings.

Ugg boots.
missladyj
I don't know what's worse. Douchey frat boys in flip flops without a pedicure or douchebag hipster boys WEARING UGGS. you be the judge.
auralpoison
The flipflops are worse. Even with a pedi, man feet are not very attractive. Uggs just look ridiculous, not grotesque.
culturehandy
What is with the eye sore that is uggs tucked into sweat pants??

I don't know what's worse, a frat boy in uggs or flip flops. Both are vomitous.
rogue
I wear my FUGGS (Fake Uggs, hehe) tucked into my yoga pants but only when I'm running around on a weekend and don't care what I look like/I'm just too lazy to pull my pants out of them when I pull them on. Most times they remain on my feet with my pants over them. I guess I'm an eyesore but I don't care either way. laugh.gif

I totally get it though, which is why I don't do it all the time. I do think men in Uggs is kind of strange, though. It just looks...off. As for flip-flops, meh. Doesn't bother me who wears them, sometimes it's just too hot for anything else!

Crocs are just a no any day of the week. My mother has pink ones and I have second-hand embarrassment.
treehugger
this on an older lady sitting at the pub:

Corderouy shirt
Gray plaid men's lounge pants
Pink Crocs with socks underneath
candycane_girl
I totally stuck my foot in my mouth and basically ended up insulting a friend but seriously, what she bought was so ugly! I met up with m friends at my school's pub on Friday and a lot of them were dressed up and one of them was wearing a kid's Batman costume. She kept talking about how cheap it was because she got it from a salvation army store or something.

Anyway, she also had this horrible looking bleach swirled jean jacket, which I assumed was also from the Salvation Army store. I wish I had a picture because it's one of those "comeback" things that you want to throw back into the 80s and never see again. When she said that she bought it from Urban Outfitters and spent quite a bit of money on it I accidentally blurted out, "You bought that on purpose?!"

Yep, I'm an asshole. But that jacket is fugly.
Persiflager
Shamefully presenting...the all-in-one skirt and blouse dress! For when wearing two items of clothing at once is just too complicated!
culturehandy
How.strange.
spot-on
that's like stuff I was made to wear as a kid to fancy functions. All in one so as not to complicate kids lifestyles, why would adults wear this? Plus if I want to wear the skirt/blouse with something else I can't now cos they are stitched together. ODD

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Nov 24 2009, 03:52 AM) *
Shamefully presenting...the all-in-one skirt and blouse dress! For when wearing two items of clothing at once is just too complicated!

ananke
Those skirt/shirt/dress combos are ridic popular at department stores here. It's so odd.
pinkypunkee
Sorry if these have already been mentioned...but I just had to add because I need to share the queasyness I feel when I look at these - 'High Heeled Wellies'!!! ohmy.gif Wrong
culturehandy
Oh dear. Those are pretty ugly.
candycane_girl
Why, why, why?
rogue
Wouldn't those just be dangerous in the rain? I mean, yes, all for the sake of "fashion", but I'm more into not getting myself killed than looking good. blink.gif
culturehandy
I like wellies, they can be really cute, but add a heel?? All cuteness goes out the window.
sybarite
Spotted this morning (in 30sF temps): girl wearing jacket, beret, a man's striped shirt...and opaque tights. She must literally be freezing her ass off.

As the fug girls say: consider pants.
kittenb
This might belong in the "Confessions" thread but...I finally had to sell out my Ugg hate. I bought some knock-off Uggs during Thanksgiving sales (& my mom's employee discount) to use as slipper/houseshoes. My feet are giving me so many problems and they are soft and my orthotics fit in them and they provide ankle support, which most slippers do not. Now the scary part is that they are comfy enough that I want to wear them everywhere. And that I just can't do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.