Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birth control side effects (Or, "Why am I crying at this dog food commercial?")
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
frogger
i was on Yasmin for a good 6 months but it made me an absolute wreck i was crying ALL the time over EVERYTHING..it was bad- so i got switched to Ortho-tricyclin low- im not freaking out 24/7 anymore but i must admit my sex drive is pretty low as is my natural lube production :-(
i was thinking about kicking the pill and downing a box of Midol in its place - anyone having the same problem?
crazyoldcatlady
yasmin made me an emotional train wreck. i seriously cried for 8 hours one day. (it didn't help that my bf at the time was being a total cock, but usually that's not my style.)

anyhoo, yeah, frogger, the whole sex drive etc is an unfortunate side effect. the one i'm on keeps me feeling like me, so i think it's a decent trade off, considering. (in the past i've tried ortho, and it's like, sex and 15 extra pounds, or no sex and acne? lose-lose :-) )
moxiegirl
Hey all- I'm about to start a new BCP- loestrin. Anyone with experience with it? My OB says its "better, less side effects, lower dosage" than the Ortho-try that i was on before the baby. New BCP after 1+ year off makes me a little nervous.
msgoofball
i am considering the 4 cycle a year pill...anyone want to share experiences...?
chani
i would totally go with loestrin. the tricyclic pills have a number of drawbacks but loestrin is a monophasic = easier and better. the side effect profile for loestrin is pretty good too. Good luck and kiss the baby for me!
ericamamerica
Has anybody gotten OFF of birth control recently?

I was just wondering -- I just got OFF of birth control and I am so emotional! MOODY! I am so rediculously CRANKY to the point that I literally want to cry. I feel enraged and just PISSED!

I have also been experiencing a lot fatigue, I really could crawl into bed at any time of the day (even if it just fourty five minutes after I got up in the morning) and fall right back asleep.

At first I broke out with pimples. I'm 21 and NEVER had this many during my teenage years - I would get just one big one on my chin. This time they have been on my chin, my nose, AND my forehead! WTF! The pimples are gone now thanks to Differin cream - it works wonders!

I'm wondering if I am just having some PMS or something -- but I'm not very bloated, only my tummy is a little bit.

Arrghh I just don't understand what is going on with my body right now.

My last period started on April 10th, and that was my last bc cycle. It's now May 9th and I still haven't gotten a period. I had some light bleeding on Monday, April 24th and Tuesday April 25th, but that was about it - and that was way too early to get my next period!

Any other women stop birth control recently? What happened with you? How long did it take for your first period off of the pill to show up?
kungpaoketchup
Two weeks on the nuvaring and I love it! You can't feel it (the Mr. felt it once during a loooong night in bed), no pukey nauseous feeling, no sore breasts, no constant breakthrough bleeding, it even seems my mood and typical general anxiety have lifted (but that could be attributable to the sex....). Viva la nuva!
saktii
Planned Parenthood put me on p.o.p's, which are fine, but I'm finding myself slightly more anxious than normal.
moxiegirl
Hey, did any of you have breakthrough bleeding issues when either: A. first month back on BCP and/or first week after post-baby HBI? The nurse sounded perfectly calm about it when I called, but me being me, I worry anyway. I'm gonna xpost in the hip mama thread.
chloedan
Hi all,

I'm planning to go on BCP soon. I want something with the lowest side effects, and I've heard good things about Loestrin. Was wondering if anyone knew if Planned Parenthood prescribes it. I don't have health insurance and not sure where else to turn. Is it true that they only prescribe a very abbreviated list?
chloedan
Oh yeah. Another questions -- anyone experienced weight gain on Progestin-only pills?
moma
OK OK....this is gonna sound lame, but ever since I've gone off the patch, my boobs are TINY. like, TEEEEENIE WEEENIE. i want my boobs back! although, I don't know if they were really ever my boobs at all. but i'd love some input from anyone who got bigger boobs from birth control, and which ones? (i can't do the patch again...)
saktii
Chloe--
I've been on pop's for almost 3 months now, and I've gained about 15 pounds.. I'm also experiencing weirdness with my menstrual cycle, but this could be due to other things...
misspissed
speaking of weight gain...has anyone gained anything whilst taking seasonale?

i am thinking of taking a break from the pill for while, at least until i start having regular sex again.

any tips on taking a pill hiatus?
frenchtoast
misspissed:

YES I HAVE I just posted something asking the SAME question.

I have gained probably 4 pounds, no biggie, really, but I'm about 5'3" so it shows. Most of the weight shows in my breasts - they've gotten noticeably larger- but apparently I look healthy.

The weight really isn't that bad, considering how much I'd gain were I to become pregnant but aside from that little side affect, I really havn't noticed anything strange. The one oddity with Seasonale is that when it comes time for my period, I get two days of slight cramps and no, or spotting, bleeding... Apparently it's normal. Negligable mood swings, somewhat lessened sex drive though...although that could be due to boytoy being a jerk at times.

I'm interested to hear from other Seasonale girlies.
frenchtoast
Oh, and another thing, I find that if I make a point of watching what I eat and eating really healthily, the weight drops away really quickly. This could be because my weight normally fluxuates but I think it's a good sign that its not impossible to shed them pounds.
yesitsreal
Hey grrlies. I thought I'd add this odd side affect to the list. I am taking Alesse. I never use to get my periods so this helps me know when they are coming...or does it? Turns out a side affect for me was that my vaginal lining is extremely thin and when its period time I don't bleed. This scared the shit out of me at first but I'm getting used to it now. It depends too because I actually did have a real period last month but mainly its a one wipe period and I'm done.

Bleeding but not bleeding

~Yes It's Real~
humanist77
So..I've decided to stop taking Ortho Lo for the month and see what happens. I've been on it for almost 2 years, and for the past 6 months or so I've been getting very chronic yeast infections, chronic depression, and I've gained about 7 pounds. I notice that at least the yeast infections and the depression get better during the week of my period when I'm not taking the pill. The pill might not be the cause of these things, but I know that they are common side effects of it, so I'm testing. I'm not looking forward to my skin freaking out. Avoiding pregnancy, clear skin, and lighter periods were really the only benefits. Yeast infections and feeling like shit very much outweigh those things..anyone know of any good non-hormonal, not-condom contraceptives?
newredhead
I've been taking bcp for a while, and have been off of it for about 3 mos. They make me way more emotional than I normally am, and I occasionally have trouble with my contacts when I'm using it. (I have all the side effects for the first three months when I take them, but then they go away, except for the contact thing and emotional thing.) I've been wanting to switch to the nuvaring - anyone have any experiences like me with traditional birth control who prefers the nuvaring? Advice, etc? smile.gif
mumblestutter
blar. ortho-LO is making me crazy... i thought the low dose hormone made for fewer side effects. never experienced this a few years ago when i was on other stuff... or when i was on nothing. i never really believed women who blamed bitchyness on hormones. i am so getting what i deserve.

i was on nuvaring for a while last year. after about 4 months, i started getting yeast infections. that lasted for about 3 months. things still aren't quite normal... i'm not sure if i would use it again. i loved it when i was on it. I guess i would recommend it to anyone who is heathy & eats alot of yogert.
cellijenni
I recently went off the pill for 3 months...but just started back up today. For me, the pill really helps to keep my skin clear.

I found myself to be really sensitive to the brands that I chose. I had extreme weight gain and moodiness with the Ortho brands..and had the least amount of side effects with Yasmin (and now i'm trying Yaz, which is even lower in estrogen).

I go to a doctor who is really into natural remedies as well. She recommends that if you are on any kind of bcp to take B complex vitamins daily (particularly with 50 mg of B6) She says that this helps to offset water retention and weight gain....its worth a try!!
nodoubt714
I started taking TriNessa (a knock off of Ortho-Tricyclin) over a year ago. Back then I weighed between 115-120 pounds, and almost never over (I've always been thin). However, this past year alone I have gained over 15 pounds. I do work with young kids and I am surrounded by gummies, chips, etc., but I haven't exactly always been the healthiest person. But I think I am a little more active now. Even when I try eating better, the weight doesn't seem to be coming off, when a little over a year ago I had an incredibly fast metabolism. Is the pill to blame? At least to some degree?
I'm also afraid to stop taking the pill for fear of breaking out.
cellijenni

I wouldn't go off the pill...I would just talk to your doctor about switching brands. Most girls I know have tried several brands before they found the one that worked best for them.
humanist77
So..it's been about 3 weeks (including the week of my period) since I stopped taking Ortho Lo, and I have to say that the symptoms that I suspected the pill was causing have vanished. The never-ending yeast infection has cleared up, and I have barely felt depressed for a couple weeks now. Up until a couple days ago though, I was feeling extremely anxious since I stopped taking them. It was untamed anxiety that came from no where for no reason. Just about anything would give me anxiety (such menial things, I can't even elaborate) and I would feel it all day-very nervous, increased heart rate, inability to concentrate or breath slowly. One night I was feeling so riled up and over energized that I tackled my bf and wrestled with him to work off some energy. When it unavoidably turned sexual, I felt so bad about putting a condom on him that it killed the mood. We haven't had to use a condom in 2 years!

But my sex drive has increased so much-what a catch 22! I couldn't bare going back on the pill though. I guess I was too depressed and yeasty to even care for sex anyway. For so many women, the pill really acts more as a libido depressant.

As far as finding a new contraception..I'm so scared to go back on anything hormonal. But there really isn't anything else out there that is as effective. I brought up fertility awareness to the boy and I've never gotten such a fiercely negative reaction from him. He doesn't believe at all that it can be accurately detected. I wish I could come up with some facts from a reliable source to show to him. I'm interested in trying that...

ETA~I have to add-this might be TMI..yesterday I woke up in the morning to pee, and while on the toilet, I looked down to see a long, thick string of off-white mucous hanging from me. I pulled it off with TP and touched it-it had the consistency of slime-almost rubbery. That's never happened to me before, I'm pretty sure that means I'm ovulating. After having not ovulated for so long, it's like it was coming back with a vengence..
ericamamerica
It's been awhile since I last posted. I had my first bc-free cycle around the end of June, and am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of the second bc-free cycle. It was due today (if my body is back on it's pre-bc 28-day cycle) but it definitely does not seem to be coming today. I know I did ovulate on July 12th - 14 days before today (the expected start of my period.) I have had some bloating and moodiness, but I've also been taking Midol religiously for the last few days, so I don't know if that will impact the arrival date of AF.

I'm hoping it'll show up really soon here! My first bc-free cycle was a complete 33 days or so, so I might have a few more days to wait.

I'm a little freaked that it didn't show up today because although I am not sexually active (yes, it sucks), I did have sex once in the past month, around the 14th, but we used a condom correctly - so I won't fret too terribly over this.

ericamamerica
Well suprise, suprise. Guess who showed up today after I woke up from a nap?

AF, with killer cramps and all. This is my second full cycle off of BC and I guess that I had forgotten just how killer my cramps were before I went on BC. I was in tears after they kicked in full-force when I arrived at work today. Until the Advil kicked in, I wanted to curl up and sob.

Anyways, that's my last post on this for a long while, I'm here if anybody needs support or info about BC, since before I went off of it, I tried a whoooole bunch of them.

-E
tempest
I have a question for NuvaRing users...

First, some background: I've had endometriosis for fourteen years, and have tried every hormonal bc under the sun, with no relief...I still had 2-week-long (or more) periods, hellacious pain, trips to the ER for IVs after the blood loss dehydrated me, etc, etc. Also, the mood swings were bad, but the pain and blood loss were what really got me.

Now, I have NuvaRing, which is fantastic in many ways--lighter, shorter periods, tolerable pain, and no mood swings. But, I've been having migraines since I started it. I can live with those, since they're still not as bad as my former symptoms, but I wish I didn't have to. My question is, does anyone else get bc-related migraines? Have you found any relief without stopping your birth control?

Sigh.... sad.gif
humanist77
sorry tempest, I have not had any experience with the Nuvaring.

I'm curious about copper IUD's. I know that it is less recommended for women who have not had children, because there is a risk of the device slipping out, although that is not guaranteed to happen. I am getting desperate for a non-hormonal contraception that is still just as effective, and although the IUD is expensive, it lasts for ten whole years and has a 99% success rate. Does anyone have any experience/info about them? Thanks!
humanist77
hey, just noticed the "IUD reviews" thread tongue.gif
olhakadirf
Tempest, I have had exactly the same issues as you seem to be having, fortunately I was able to have a procedure done that will hopefully make it where hopefully I wont have to have BC anymore for my cycles only for actual control of births!! I will know if it worked in a couple months but before that I have been on the nuvaring for a year and do get migraines but if I carry Ibuprofen with me and take it at the first symptom and I mean the absolute first feeling of one coming on I take 600mg and it seems to knock the extreme pain down to a normal headache, so I dont know if this will help you but stick with the nuvaring it helped me alot for a while and it was sooooo easy to work with also I don't know your background with the disease but sometimes it's nice to talk to someone who is also dealing with it so feel free to pm me anytime
cellijenni
Chloedan, I just started on Yaz, and so far I love it. I haven't had half of the bloating/moodiness/general crapiness that I had on other brands.

However, for all of you that were asking earlier- I HIGHLY recommend taking the B complex vitamins I talked about earlier. It really helps with the water retention and metabolism. I've actually LOST weight this month after going back on BC. unheard of from me...i usually have an obligatory 5-7 lbs of gain when i'm on it.
tempest
Oh, olhakadirf, thank you for the advice! I'll start carrying ibuprofen so I can take it asap...I usually wait until I get light/sound sensitivity before I do anything (I'm stubborn).

Thanks for the PM offer...I will be getting in touch, because you're right, it does help immensely to talk to someone who's been there. smile.gif
flyingfrog
tempest, I've been using nuvaring for two years now, and I've never had a migraine... but then, I never had migraines even when I wasn't on any form of bc. my cousin, who does tend to get migraines, went on ortho-tri and, well, the migraines stayed the same. so who knows!

as for nuvaring, I have to say, I LOVE it. I had tried several different pills - ortho, ortho-lo, alesse, another one I can't remember - to no avail. I got bloaty and cranky and mean and crampy. but not now! periods? practically nonexistent. cramps? maybe a few times a year, and nothing like I used to get. skin? clear. weight gain? none. risk of forgetting to take a pill at the right time because, say, I was out until 3 a.m. and overslept? zero. in my experience the only drawback to the ring is an occasional increase in discharge, but I just use super-thin liners on those days and change 'em often and it's fine. I have heard that some people get yeasty on the ring... but I tended toward mild yeastiness even when I wasn't on it, and going on it hasn't made the problem any worse. and plain yogurt - as someone said - has always been my breakfast of choice, and that helps a lot.

I guess the other problem i have with the ring is that many insurance companies don't cover it as much as they do pills and formulations that have generic substitutes. so it costs more, but I've decided it's worth it. I also called the manufacturer, organon, via the 800 number on the organon usa website. I'd heard that some drug manufacturers have programs to help broke-ass folks like me get their meds at reduced rates... sure enough, the nice organon rep directed me to their partner company that issues voucher cards for three reduced-rate nuvaring refills on a valid rx. it's not a lot, but it helps. I didn't have to fill out any forms or anything, either, they just mailed me the voucher!

crinoline
Wow, I haven't had internet for three months and now I come back and the lounge has evolved into something new!

Anyway, I have a BCP question. I've been on ortho tri lo for a little more than a year and for the past three months I've been having extraordinarily long periods. Like, 12 day long periods of steady bleeding. It's not like breakthrough bleeding in the middle of the month, it's more that my period now begins during the last set of active pills and does not end until the first set of active pills.
I fear that this was caused by my forgetting pills often during the first of the three months and having to take two pills a day several times.
I am extremely reluctant to change pills because these are free for me and I am an unemployed college student.
Any advice or even recountings of similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

flyingfrog: I'm very interested in the nuvaring. How much does it cost? can you feel it, particularly during sex?
flyingfrog
hey crinoline - yeah, the new lounge is taking some getting used to, eh?

when I was a full-time student and was covered by my school's health policy, the ring cost me $30/month. now that I have a different insurance it's $50, because it's not listed in their Official Formulary (booo! hiss!). rants about the american health insurance system are, perhaps, for another thread... but I do have those vouchers for 3 rings at $30 each, so that's keeping the cost the same for now.

I never feel the ring. this is why I am very very careful to mark my calendar to take it out/put it in. I can't tell, just sitting here, if it's in or not. if I can feel it, I know I didn't put it in quite right - just gotta nudge it up there a bit more and poof! it's gone. I don't feel it at all during sex, but I suppose all of this varies to some extent depending on your particular anatomy.

mr. frog has said he can sometimes notice it in certain positions, but not to the extent that it's a huge problem. and the ability to have carefree, baby-free sex at any time more than makes up for it!

(I swear, I'm not like a paid endorser here. I'm just so freaking happy that my years of birth-control bingo are over.)
olhakadirf
I agree with all that flyingfrog says, I loved the ring it was easy, no hassle, no missed pills and it did help my symptoms alot, I fully recommend it even with the cost, my insurance wouldn't pay much of it either, but if I were on the pill I forgot it all the time it was like 50/50 so the ring was perfect for me, now my doctor would like for me to think about an IUD and I don't like the sound of that a whole lot. especially after reading the IUD review thread, I think when I need it I will stick to the ring blah blah blah

sorry to ramble..... everyone have an awesome day!!!!!
humanist77
My sister just told me about Essure-I can't believe I've never heard of this before. I want to learn some unbiased information about it before I try to get it done. I know the hardest part will be finding a doctor who will do it for an unmarried, 23 yr old without children, but I'm sure not impossible. This is like a dream to me-hormones have been a nightmare, IUD's are expensive, and with possible side effects, and nothing else is as affective. I can't rely on any guy to get a vasectomy, and tubal ligation is also expensive and too drastic.

I can't help but be a little bothered by the homepage of the website stating, "If you're sure you don't want any*more* children," but it's most likely just a marketing ploy. Does anyone know anything about Essure?
thisxabovexall
There was a survey on the Essure website awhile ago (maybe it's still there) asking which of their ads you liked, which you didn't like, and why. I told them I didn't care for the "more children" bit because it didn't apply to me. Not a complaint so much, just pointing out that there were many who would be interested that don't plan to have children at all.

When I'm older and married (to the current childfree boyfriend) I'd like to have the procedure done. I don't want to deal with the Ring/pills/whatever for the rest of my life and I don't want to push my boyfriend into sterilization, as I feel I am a little more set in my childfree-ness than he is. I'd hate to be the one that talked him into getting snipped if he wants a family with someone else later on.
humanist77
Thank you for pointing that out to them, thisxabovexall~I guess they didn't think it was important enough to do anything about dry.gif but nonetheless, if I can find a doctor who'll do it for me, I want it done. I decided a long time ago that either me or whoever I am with for the long run will have to get sterilized somehow, and because this is so reasonable and effective, I would rather it be me, because I know my mind will never be changed.

I read through a lot of the information on the site, and they emphasize that this should not be done on women who are even a little unsure about their desires to have children or not. I listened to a little of the podcast, which was mostly a doctor talking who does the procedure, and he said that there are no rules about who can and can't get it done, provided there are no health-related contraindications. He again said that there has to be major consideration before anyone gets it done, but especially women under 30 who have not had children. He said that it is more likely for a woman under 30 to change her mind later on. Which I'm sure is true for some women.

So..I have to wonder what the 'consultation' is like for someone under 30. I'm guessing a lot of counseling, maybe even a waiting period-almost like a sex change. I don't care. Whatever I need to do to satisfy any doubts. I've finally found something that doesn't involve incisions and is even more effective and cheaper than a TL. I will do whatever it takes to get one (well, besides a back-alley operation).
dani837
Hi everybody! I posted this in another forum but pepper kindly directed me to post it here, so here it goes:
Hi girls!
I'm sorry if somebody posted a thread with a case like mine, but I tried to search for it and didn't find the answer I was looking for... so here's my problem:
I'm about to start today another pack of pills(they expired last month, but my friends told me it's ok if I take them. I take ortho-novum 777). When I finish this pack, I want to stop taking pills (because my boyfriend is going to work as an intern in another country, so he won't be around for 6- 8 months). Then when he comes back, I want to start re-taking the same pills again. Can I just start taking them without having to go to the gyno?( I have 6 packs of pills that expire on december 2007, so there won't be a problem with using these pills later).
So, can I?

thanks in advance,
Daniella
ericamamerica
QUOTE(dani837 @ Aug 14 2006, 12:11 AM) *

Hi everybody! I posted this in another forum but pepper kindly directed me to post it here, so here it goes:
Hi girls!
I'm sorry if somebody posted a thread with a case like mine, but I tried to search for it and didn't find the answer I was looking for... so here's my problem:
I'm about to start today another pack of pills(they expired last month, but my friends told me it's ok if I take them. I take ortho-novum 777). When I finish this pack, I want to stop taking pills (because my boyfriend is going to work as an intern in another country, so he won't be around for 6- 8 months). Then when he comes back, I want to start re-taking the same pills again. Can I just start taking them without having to go to the gyno?( I have 6 packs of pills that expire on december 2007, so there won't be a problem with using these pills later).
So, can I?

thanks in advance,
Daniella

Yes, it is absolutely fine to stop taking birth control pills for awhile and then restart them. Just make sure you reach the end of a cycle before quitting them - don't stop in the middle. Keep in mind that doctors recommend that you use a backup method (ie. condoms) for the first month you are on birth control. If you are restarting birth control, this applies to you too!

Just as long as you make sure you get your yearly pap smear, you should not have to visit your gyno to stop and then restart birth control.

It is probably a good idea to research what other women have experienced when going off of birth control pills/hormonal contraceptives before you do, so that you know what to expect. There is information on this thread as well as on others, you just have to do a little searching.

-Erica
dani837
O ok THANKS SO MUCH! I was just worried because I didn't want to go to the gyno again( I just went there 2 months ago for my pap smear).
I have researched for effects and experiences of women that stop taking pills, so I know what to expect. I just didn't know if it was ok to re-start them without having to go to a gyno.
So when I re-start them, I have to take the first one on the sunday after my period starts, right??
roseviolet
Hi Dani! Just wanted to chime in with Erica. I've gone off the pill a few times for various reasons with little to no problem whatsoever. Just heed Erica's advice & you'll be fine.
dani837
Ah ok! thanks!

Do any of you girls take novum 777? Seems like it's not that popular anywhere, and I wonder why! It hardly has any side effects, like I haven't gained weight(but my boobs are bigger, and that's a plus), I don't get zits, no breakthrough bleedings and at the beginning my period never skipped a month. So everything is perfect except for the fact that I get veeeeeery sensitive, not only during pms, but all of the time! ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif
edit: i forgot to add, i didn't had any change on my sex drive, so that's a plus too!
ericamamerica
QUOTE(dani837 @ Aug 14 2006, 12:51 AM) *

O ok THANKS SO MUCH! I was just worried because I didn't want to go to the gyno again( I just went there 2 months ago for my pap smear).
I have researched for effects and experiences of women that stop taking pills, so I know what to expect. I just didn't know if it was ok to re-start them without having to go to a gyno.
So when I re-start them, I have to take the first one on the sunday after my period starts, right??

If you did a Sunday start when you first started them, do it that way again. It should work out a-ok!
little_idiot
Hi ladies~
I was littleidiot before they changed the format of this forum... after a lot of rigmarole trying to log in with that name, I just registered again.
Anyway, my question:
Anyone know anything about Mircette? I wanted to switch (from Ortho-Lo) to Loestrin 24 (hoping for shorter periods and fewer yeasties--oh, and the dr. said she'd never heard of yeast infections as a side effect of BC pills... wtf??) but my insurance won't cover it so the dr. said mircette would be worth a try. Anybody know if it might help my 2 issues? Can't find much info online about it... Never even heard of it before this. It only has 2 inactive pills a month and then five more active pills that are estrogen-only.
huh.gif
crazyoldcatlady
i've been on mircette long term, no real issues for me. i know my periods were shorter....

BUT i think shorter periods/less yeast infections depend on the user. i wasn't prone to yeast infections before, and wasn't during, so i think it's a crapshoot for you there.

As for the estrogen only pills, that;s just there for a supplementation kind of thing; it's the progesterone that keeps you from having your period, so you can technically not take the last week of pills.
little_idiot
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Aug 17 2006, 05:59 PM) *

As for the estrogen only pills, that;s just there for a supplementation kind of thing; it's the progesterone that keeps you from having your period, so you can technically not take the last week of pills.

So technically this pill wouldn't necessarily make my periods shorter, right? Since the progesterone isn't a factor for those extra 5 pills? Do you know what, exactly, is the point of those extra 5 pills? On Ortho-Lo my periods are at least a week, usually spotting for an 8th or even 9th day... Bleh! I hope this works.... unsure.gif
dani837
QUOTE(ericamamerica @ Aug 14 2006, 04:38 PM) *

If you did a Sunday start when you first started them, do it that way again. It should work out a-ok!

thanks thanks!
I wonder if I stop taking the pills will my boobs get small?? I hope not, they are lovely sad.gif (When I started taking the pill, they grew so nicely that EVERYBODY thought I got implants LOL. I went from a B cup to a C cup, so it wasn't that much of a difference, but I don't know why everybody thought that, maybe I have nice fitting bras?)
candycane_girl
I have a question for everyone in here. Okay, I've only been off the pill for one month. I was on Tricyclen and I found that it really made me gain weight and instead of keeping my skin under control (which was part of the reason I took it). I've also taken Diane 35 but after a while it (according to my doctor) slowed my period down to the point that it was just a constant dark discharge.

So anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for what kind of pill I should try? I've been thinking of Alesse, I've seen a lot of ads for it. But I really don't know. Help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.