Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Mad As Hell!!.... WORK SUCKS!!! rant thread dealing with everything!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Working Grrls
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
jack02
This is just disgusting! There maybe personal reasons and as an employee one has every right to ask for a leave, but the employer has no business whatsoever to interrogate about the reasons for the same. Also it is most unlikely that this is present in the company's rule book. Still I feel seeing the number of identical incidents the employers have started taking the employees for granted, this is one reason I feel there are so many rifts in the employee-employer relationship!
sassygrrl
That happened at my former company. There's a girl who become known at the company as the "token gay." I thought it was horrible.

Got fired today. Basically for being epileptic. They can't fire me for having it, so they used that I wasn't following policies, even though my reviews were decent. Whatever. I guess I could sue if I wanted to, b/c I still don't think it's right. There's another part of me that just wants to cut my loses and find a better job. I didn't go to the hospital, so I didn't have medical proof. They thought I was lying... Still a little bummed though.
lilacwine13
Employers shouldn't care about what their employees are doing away from work, nor should the management fire people for doing things that they might not personally agree with. It's discrimination, and none of their business.

Sassy, I'm sorry that you got fired, even though it was a sucky place to work. Good luck finding something better.
hazystargazer
Polly, at my company, the procedure goes: for a *vacation* day, you don't have to put a reason as to why you're requesting time off, but for a *personal* day, you do. This is one of the many bullshit policies of my place of employment. Basically employees get 3 personal days per year and however much vacation time (depending on how long you've been with the company) they've accrued. So if I'm out of vacation days and I use a personal day (I'm hardly ever sick *knock on wood*), I usually just lie about the reason. Most of the time I say I'm going out of town to visit family, which is true sometimes, but I always worry if I say I just want a day off just for the sake of taking a day off, I'd get denied. Which is stupid and we shouldn't have to feel that way. It's really none of their fucking business what I do with ANY of my time off.

Sorry about your job loss, Sassy. I'm sure you'll find something else in no time...hang in there... cool.gif
ginger_kitty
(((sassy))), it's probably a good thing that you ended up being fired. At least you are out of that toxic environment. You'll find a better job.

I just hate the way some people get away with murder at work and others get screwed. The human resources lady where I work, hired her best friend and gave her a great paying position. I don't even think that should be allowed. Oh well....
lilacwine13
I have three more days at my current job, then I am out of here.

This week,
1) the management stated everyone had to put in mandatory overtime due to backlog (which I did the past two nights),
2) they started enforcing the dress code (so now I'm sitting here in too-short khakis because all my other "business casual" pants are in the wash),
3) I got kicked me off my computer so the IT guys could "fix" it (there was one minor problem and it took them two days)
4) my supervisor has been bugging me about how I'm doing my job (when he has no idea what I do) and
5) the management decided that nobody needed to do the overtime in the first place, because we could come in on Saturday (originally, we got Saturday off because the computer system needed work, but now they decided to do that some other time)

All I need is a bunch of computer programs to crash, the department head from hell to come back, a boring staff meeting, and my week will be complete.
jayboogie
so...i finally did what i needed to do a long time ago. i told my boss that everything that was happening at the shop where i work is a bunch of bullshit and that as soon as i have another job i was gone. as soon as i told him i started crying! i feel so shitty. i love the people that i work for, but they can't help but have their heads up their asses! AHHHH!
Now i have to find another damn job. i hate looking for a job.
hazystargazer
So I thought I'd take a moment to rant about my job. IT SUCKS!!!! Good lord, it is SO boring...I do the exact same thing every night. I do accounting/data entry for a petroleum company. I work nights (4 p.m - 11:30 p.m.), which totally blows. And I've been doing it for six years!

The weird thing is, even though it's boring, I actually like doing office/clerical work. I just can't stand this company. It's like Big Brother up in there. There are VIDEO CAMERAS in the breakrooms and by the time clock (thankfully there aren't any in my work area), they monitor e-mail and Internet usage (standard, yes, but I can't even check my bank statement online without one of the higher-ups getting their panties in a twist), they record phone calls, they freak out if you "chit-chat" while working at your desk. It's petty ridiculous bullshit. And don't even get me started on the asshats that work there. Junior-high drama, anyone??? *GAG*

I swear, I've been on a thousand job interviews since I've been there and no one will hire me!! That doesn't even count the infinite supply of resumes/cover letters I've sent out which never received a response. WTF? Do I suck that much? I have a degree, I have experience, I have a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor. I just don't get it. I think I need to take a job-hunting class. Do they offer those? tongue.gif

All things considered, my job is really not THAT horrible. The pay is good, I don't have to answer phones, I don't have to deal with assholes, the few people I do work with at night are pretty cool (except for one), my boss leaves an hour after I get there, etc. Mainly I'm just SO fucking sick of the company itselg and working evenings. Especially Fridays. It takes all I have to haul my ass in there on Fridays. I'd much rather hang with my boy (he has Fridays and Saturdays off).

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Busties!!!! laugh.gif
hazystargazer
So I thought I'd take a moment to rant about my job. IT SUCKS!!!! Good lord, it is SO boring...I do the exact same thing every night. I do accounting/data entry for a petroleum company. I work nights (4 p.m - 11:30 p.m.), which totally blows. And I've been doing it for six years!

The weird thing is, even though it's boring, I actually like doing office/clerical work. I just can't stand this company. It's like Big Brother up in there. There are VIDEO CAMERAS in the breakrooms and by the time clock (thankfully there aren't any in my work area), they monitor e-mail and Internet usage (standard, yes, but I can't even check my bank statement online without one of the higher-ups getting their panties in a twist), they record phone calls, they freak out if you "chit-chat" while working at your desk. It's petty ridiculous bullshit. And don't even get me started on the asshats that work there. Junior-high drama, anyone??? *GAG*

I swear, I've been on a thousand job interviews since I've been there and no one will hire me!! That doesn't even count the infinite supply of resumes/cover letters I've sent out which never received a response. WTF? Do I suck that much? I have a degree, I have experience, I have a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor. I just don't get it. I think I need to take a job-hunting class. Do they offer those? tongue.gif

All things considered, my job is really not THAT horrible. The pay is good, I don't have to answer phones, I don't have to deal with assholes, the few people I do work with at night are pretty cool (except for one), my boss leaves an hour after I get there, etc. Mainly I'm just SO fucking sick of the company itself and working evenings. Especially Fridays. It takes all I have to haul my ass in there on Fridays. I'd much rather hang with my boy (he has Fridays and Saturdays off).

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, Busties!!!! laugh.gif
hazystargazer
Oops, sorry, that rant sprouted a twin! I tried to edit a typo and I don't know what I did. D'oh!
ginger_kitty
I am not going to go on and on, I just wanted to say I hate my job. And I refuse to kiss ass or become a snitch in order to advance. Although, I consider my job as a temporary thing until I get to do what I really want in life, so I don't really care if I get promotions or not, but the extra money would be nice. That's all.
Muffy
I am sick of working retail! I've been looking for another job or a second job... I send out resumes & fill out application to no replies or I get rejection letters thanking me and then telling me that they picked someone else with better qualifications. Or the only replies I get are for the WORST jobs, ones that make me run screaming and praising the job that pays minimum wage and gives me like 8-12 hours a week, then hires new people so that myself and my coworkers have even less hours.

I'm sick of looking around and being reminded that I live with my parents (I can't afford to move out), and that every job I get I end up getting layed off from and end up in this same vicious cycle of suck. No one in my family seems to understand how unhappy I am with my situation as if I'm supposed to be grateful for minimum wage, no health benefits except for the ones I pay for out of my own pocket, having no money, no social life,& not being able to go anywhere, because most of my check goes to medical bills, health insurance, credit cards, rent to my parents, my cellphone and gas for my car. I'm tired. I can't stand the thought of another day at a job that doesn't and never will even pay for rent or grad school (I want to go to hopefully better myself) or gas money! I realized I'm not going to get a "good" check until Friday, I have $6 dollars in my wallet, some money in my account that I shouldn't touch but will have to if I want to put gas in my car to get to work this week!
kiss_the_fiddler
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

I'm on the fire department in my town. We've had a busy week and we're all tired and leaning on each other alot. About 6 hours ago, my pager went off and the address it gave was the address of a fellow firefighter. It was a call for medical aid. I was the first one to the fire hall so drove a truck to the scene with a medic. Once on scene, we found our friend so so sick. We ordered up a helicoptor because they can get to where we are faster than ground ambulance. I was scared. I'm usually really good working on scenes. I keep my cool. I'm calm and collected. I'm good at what I do. I was good tonight, but flustered. The symptoms our patient was exhibiting were close to something that is contageous so we all hung around the fire hall to wait for news. A bunch of us decided to go to the hosp. to see for ourselves. It's scary to see someone I work so closely with in so much pain, thrashing around, and not making any sense in the world. After several hours, the doc told us that he was suffering from severe heat stroke (probably from becoming dehydrated on a house fire we had yesterday). He'll be okay but it was scary. I'm so tired but so worked up that I can't sleep. Ugh.

p.s. It's later in the morning now and I've had a little sleep. I just read over what I wrote earlier and wow, I ramble when I'm sleep deprived and scared. Just to let you know, I'm making more sense now.
missjoy
I'm glad your friend was okay fiddler - how scary!

I'm just popping it to say: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm putting on a little event tonight and it is crazy around here. I think we are gettnig a respectable number of people but the original estimate was way high so everyone seems so disappointed. And, I was given email addresses to send people info about the event and then some people have just found out about it so now there is a freak out about who doesn't know. Ummmm, emails aren't that reliable!

Can't wait for tomorrow!
silverhalide
muffy--I hear ya. I am in the same situation--I moved back to Michigan to live with my Dad after my mother died-financial reasons from her illness and to just be with the family. I thought I would find a full time job, and the only thing I landed is a crap retail gig that is only giving me four hours a week now. Having a full time job with benefits at this point would feel like winning the lotto. I have been job searching for a year, it's starting to make me crazy. It's so hard on your ability to do anything, your security, self-esteem. They did that at my job too--I was getting like 32 hours per week and then they hired 2 more people and now I have 4. It doesn't make any sense. Hang in there!
kiss_the_fiddler
. . .
ginger_kitty
So once a year all the big wigs have a golf outing, and everybody screws off since no one is there that cares. Well that was yesterday. No one bothered to mention to me that the breakroom camera was fixed and I took like six breaks when I am only alloted three. Some my co-workers knew so they steered clear, and didn't care to fill me in until the end of the day. So now I am nervously awaiting possibly getting in trouble on Monday. Which would suck, b/c everyone else took extra/long breaks as well, but they went outside to smoke, so I am the only non-smoker so I just chilled inside. I can't believe they watch us on cameras. Oh well....
Muffy
silverhalide, I've been searching for about a year as well for something. I've had a string of temp jobs, but nothing permanant... except the retail job!
I agree it is tough on one's self esteem, you have to remind yourself (or have someone remind you) that you ARE good enough when your feeling inadequate as a person because you send out resume after resume and your lucky if you get one interview, then they hire someone else!
faerietails2
I really really really don't want to go to work right now. I know I'm going to get scolded (and possibly written up). And for what? You know those stupid reward cards all the stores sign you up for these days? Well last week, I couldn't give a flying fuck about arguing with people to sign up for them. I still don't give a flying fuck. Ugh, I hate bothering people with stupid shit like that.

I hate my job. I need a new one. A "real" one.
NocturnalCatie
First time here, newbie to the posting but I feel like I have to rant. I work in *supposedly* female oriented "adult" shop here in hawaii. they claim to want to hear our opinions on products, what we should/shouldn't carry in our store, what products are health risks, etc. etc. At first, it was a lot of fun. Granted, I found it a little odd that a female targeted store carried a ton of things specifically for straight men, I let it go.
After about three months of nice customers, nice co-workers, and a great boss, it suddenly took a turn for the worse.
I've been to court twice for one stupid guy who tried to steal my purse (got it all back, thankfully!). Had one guy threaten to rape me after I got off of work, but he took off before the cops came, and I didn't get a good image of him on our security camera. I've had men (and women) come in sober, drunk, or completely out of their heads and call me bitch, cunt, whore, slut, skank, fat-ass, cow, everything imaginable.
Do I get support from my bosses? even a little "wow! I'm sorry that happened!" ? No. All I get is "well, did you call the cops? What did they say? Can you work this weekend so I can go get my ass waxed? Can you work a double shift this week because I'm going clubbing and I don't feel like working?"
My manager leaves degrading notes to other employees, threatens to quit every two weeks, and as I am the only other full time employee with senority besides herself, makes me do our entire shipment by myself.
Then she has the nerve to tell me she works to hard. If you call sitting on your ass all day watching "rachel ray" and 'oprah' work, then, yes, you work non-stop.
faerietails2
Today was really awful. Really really awful. It was busy and I was running around non-stop to the point where I was all sweaty and hot and gross. I didn't get a break during my 8 hour marathon, not even to go pee for god's sake.

So this bitchy woman comes in, drops off her order, and in the madness (I was the only worker back there during this whole shift) her order completely slipped off my radar. My bad, I know. So when she came in to pick it up, naturally, I was like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" and immediately started trying to print her order. And I felt awful because she had her crying kids with her and everything. Except then she REALLY started being a nasty bitch. She was patronizing, the cd she left was not working, she kept making snarky ass comments under her breath. Meanwhile, there ARE other customers around. I couldn't even look at her, mostly because I knew there was a good chance I'd be making faces if I did. Then the guy that I called to help me out with her fucked up cd actually started yelling at her for being a bitch. So after that all I wanted to do was laugh in her stupid bitch face.

Anyway, she treated me like shit. I hate myself for not saying anything back to her. Part of it was that I'm just bad at fighting and I'm passive aggressive by nature, so I just flat-out ignored her. The other part was that there were other really nice customers around and it's not in my nature to make my problems everyone else's, even though that bitch was totally talking down to me. But UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I just wanted to tell her to get the fuck out of my face.

At one point, she was all "I'm obviously not satisfied with this order. I want my money back." So (I was in the back trying to stay the fuck away from her), I just shrugged and said okay. Mind you, my manager is right there helping another customer out and can hear everything perfectly. So I told her to go to him, and she was all (speaking to me as if I were 5), "Well I think you'd better come tell him that yourself." At which point I shook my head and turned right back around to walk away from her because I was NOT going to take that shit. In the background she's going "You obviously need to tell him what's going on here. He obviously needs to know to in order to refund my money." At which point my manager butts in and basically tells her to back the fuck off me.

After all was said and done, while I'm helping out this other customer, she walks back up to me and starts back up with her bullshit "you know what you did was wrong. you know you messed up here. this could all have been solved with a phone call. you do not want me on your bad side." so i just nodded blankly at her and said okay so she could just leave already. meanwhile, the customer i was with looked completely fucking confused.

And of course now in retrospect i'm all mad at myself for not telling her anything. Because I sure as hell just wanted to beat her fucking ass down. There's so much more that I'm just leaving out for the sake of brevity. But fuck I wanted to kill that bitch. Still do.

*sigh* Sorry for the rant.

p.s. - nocturnal, that sounds awful!
NocturnalCatie
So, i'm really tired, and i just got into work, only to find a GIANT shipment came in, and the person who works the night shift hasn't done shit. Why am I the only one who is doing any work?! My manager even came in with me but left after assigning me the work. I've got 15 boxes of novelties, 4 boxes of DVDs, and 6 of lingerie. All to be done by tomorrow! I hate this job, and if I didn't need it, I would quit in a heartbeat.
Muffy
faerietails2, I work retail ... some people you just can't please and I think you handled it quite well. As much as you want to tell people like that to fuck themselves, just let them go and look like an ass instead of you. You know all those customers where probably thinking, "what a bitch", about her and was feeling empathy for you having to put up with her.
missjoy
This makes me wonder - I haven't been at bust for a while - but my fav Retail Hell thread seems to have fallen off! I morn that thread and every person who has to deal with the fun of retail customer service work.
erinjane
I bumped it up for you, missjoy. But there's only one post because the rest of the thread got eaten.
missjoy
You rock - I've already posted in it
knorl05
i think i'm the only person on the planet.. well almost.. who has to work today. boo.
Muffy
The store where I have part-time employement (10 hours a week if I'm lucky) is a chain store and the higher ups have decided that having a computer do the scheduling, rather than a person is a fine idea... I thought this was bad from the start... I looked at my schedule for the week of the 15th and it scheduled me for ONE day!?! How does one pay bills when their company computer schedules them for one three hour shift?! maybe its an early April Fool's joke?
hellotampon
QUOTE(knorl05 @ Jul 4 2007, 04:34 PM) *
i think i'm the only person on the planet.. well almost.. who has to work today. boo.

I had to work the holiday. It ended up raining during the afternoon, which gave me a sick pleasure because I knew all the hoardes of annoying people who came in earlier to buy ice and hamburger buns had their stupid little parties rained out.
mic2005
i convert hours into minutes then into seconds, and i count it throughout the day.
lilacwine13
My last job had the lovely computer-generated scheduling system. My schedule varied from working six days in a row for three months straight (and overtime wasn't guaranteed because of their pay schedule) to working one day, having two days off, working another day, then having four days off. Big, huge pain in the neck.

Listen up, everyone at work:
When I say "Don't disturb me, I'm on lunch, please come back later or go ask So-and-so," I do NOT mean "Continue on with your problem, and let me solve it on my free time." I mean, "Get the hell away from my fucking cubicle, NOW." Just because I am sitting here does not mean I am working (especially when I have something like Ebay up on my computer).
candycane_girl
I haven't ventured in here before but I'm going crazy!! Or rather, my job is making me crazy.

I'm a secretary at a small driver's ed school. That's all fine. Now, after this week I only have two weeks left and then I'm moving to another city. Meanwhile, a few weeks ago my bosses hired another girl and then today we both ended up working together which doesn't make much sense cause it really only takes one person to do the job. So then one of the bosses comes in and is like "well, you'll have to work out your hours because we can't afford to pay for both of you to work at the same time". Wtf?!

So then why did you hire this girl just a few weeks after hiring me? And not only that, but if we try to do work every other day that means that I could end up with only two days a week! And that's a hell of a lot of money for me to lose considering that the money I make here is supposed to be my grocery money for at least one semester!

Originally I thought I would be making around $2000 but now it could end up being a lot less than that.
NocturnalCatie
So, I continue with the job that has slowly become my personal hell.
My completely psychotic manager actually wrote a letter to one of the other clerks on our "sale!/customer notice!" board that anyone can read calling her lazy, claiming the girl stole money/items from the store, and then writing "if you don't like you're job and you complain again, I'll lay you out then kick you out." WOW. Best part? The girl was my head managers' step-daughter. She called me crying, and I came in and worked the rest of her shift on my day off.
Then she quit, and I honestly expected to get a call from her step-dad asking about my managers' conduct. NOPE. No one has done a damn thing about it. The worst part, she's done this before, but erases the notes before any of our head bosses see it.
And my head manager has claimed he doesn't like tattle-tells and won't listen to our complaints!
How is she not fired?! I don't understand this. A manager can't degrade an employee like that and get away with it!
And I'm with everyone who had to work on the 4th. It was so dead in the store, I couldn't figure out why it was open anyway...
candycane_girl
NC, I think that's the worst when a higher up doesn't want to listen to "tattle tales" or complaints! What makes them so sure that the person is making it up? My mom is in an unfortunate work situation where a woman who was her co-worker ended up becoming her boss. She totally mistreats my mom and my mother has gone to HR and her union but nothing ever gets done about this woman!
anna k
I hate that my boss talks to me like I'm a moron, and has a snobby attitude. She's letting me go at the end of the month because she wants to hire more senior people, and I'm straight out of college. The co-workers I liked have left, and I get sick of calling people on the phone to check names and references. She gets anal about me using the Internet while working, wanting to dock my pay (she can only pay me for part-time, and doesn't pay me much anyway, so her trying to dock me out of more pay sounds really cheap), and snaps at me and I want to tell her that I'm better than this work, that I get bored doing tedious stuff. Blech.
candycane_girl
Argh, I am so glad that I only have one week left at this stupid job. See, I was supposed to find out the amount to write on an employee's paycheck once the accountant called and told me the amount. So no one ever calls and tells me the amount. So I refer the employee to the sister driving school because the accountant was supposed to fax his paycheck amount over there or something because of course our fax isn't working. So then my boss calls back and says, "I wrote out the check, you should have just given it to him". How was I supposed to know that he wrote out the check when it was supposed to be my job in the first place?! And, oh yeah, he never told me that he wrote it!

I am so fucking sick of this place, it's pretty much like you're just supposed to know everything without anyone telling you anything at all. That's it.
snarky7
i was so angry at my work on Friday.... it was awful. to set up this note, we've got a big push lately about "career pathing" and all the opportunities they want to allow us..... i was given the rude-awakening that i'll never "move up the ladder" anytime soon.... i applied for a management position...i'm a peon now..... i've always been a peon, but i've worked my ass off and done everything anyone's ever asked me to do at work. i think that my current role gives me lots of opportunity to "be the team player" and "help others" in a managerial-type situation. but i will never, ever, get a chance at any "moving up" - i'll always be the peon. i think it is because i work too damn hard and do what everyone wants (why take the pack mule off the team, you know?). i want to have opportunities, but i just get turned down...gar. ANGRY. why can't i have the same chances as everyone else?
NocturnalCatie
candycanegirl: that reminds me of a job I had at a bank. It was located in a pretty high traffic business area on honolulu. I was a safe deposit clerk (which was a desk job and seemed quite a step up from my previous theater job) in which on top of the regular safe deposit box area, I was the VPs secretary. Meaning I checked everyone's work before he checked it, filed everything properly, gave them their mail, answered his phones, sent everyone on lunch, took care of office supplies, etc. However, no one trained me. I got a two hours worth of training from the previous clerk who had gotten a better position, and felt that my sign language abilities weren't enough for me to work there. (that particular bank required you to be able to speak another language, and translate if needed) When someone's paper work was filled out incorrectly or incomplete, I was supposed to mark it with the correct sticky note and hand it back to them to fix. Apparently the previous girl did this for them, and they didn't like me for it. Right off the bat, they all hated me. One male co-worker would actually transfer his work/phone calls to me. I was handling HUGE money transfers for very large companies. Something I knew NOTHING about doing!
The other male co-worker would constantly make irritating comments about my hair, clothes, etc.
Rumors started going around after my first day of work about me being a slut, etc.
I started having anxiety attacks, and would hide in the bathroom on my lunch break crying on the phone with who ever would answer.
I hated that company so much that I walked in on a monday exactly one month later in my regular clothes, with all my piercings in, and quit on the spot.
My actual boss (the VP) liked me, thank god, and understood my reasons for wanting to leave so quickly. So I've never gotten a bad review from him on job applications.
It was like highschool crammed into one hellish month. I swore I'd never work in a bank again.
candycane_girl
Wow, NC. That is absolutely horrible! I'm lucky enough to be on my own most of the time. Honestly, I hate dealing with other people. I think the only job where I've ever truly enjoyed going to work is Lush but even there I sometimes felt like I got weird "I don't like you" vibes from some of the other girls. But I've never had people going around and starting rumours about me, at least not in a work setting. What bothers me the most about a situation like yours is that it seems like it's hard to launch a complaint without hard evidence. And really, how does a person get evidence of a rumour?
NocturnalCatie
ccg: exactly. I'm with you about working alone. I prefer working by myself at this current job. The only other person I can stand working with is a male co-worker who shares my love of zombies. smile.gif
anna k
I had a couple of jobs where my co-workers were older women who would talk to me like I was stupid and act like they had expertise on subjects that they read about, or based on some friend of a friend. These women were a lot like Rosie O'Donnell on The View; very loud, spoke in nasal accents gossiping about stuff, and seemed to dislike me. I liked working on my own, and not having them make me feel small or inexperienced.

My boss on my last day seemed like she was thinking the worst of me. She thought I was IMing someone because something popped up on my computer, she thought I was watching videos when I was on a website to look up someone's name for work, she gave me some tedious task and said, "Do you understand what to do?" like I was mentally retarded, and just generally had a bug up her butt.
candycane_girl
Ugh, I hate people like that. What bugs me is how I received very little training so then when I really didn't know something my boss or his wife would talk to me like I was a complete idiot. There's a difference between being stupid and just not being trained.

Anyway, work has actually been pretty good this week which figures cause today is my last day on the job. But even when people aren't being rude to me I don't think I could handle this job for long because it's just so boring! I really hope that once I'm out in the real world I can find a job that I actually enjoy. And hopefully one that's not 9-5.
treehugger
bah. i don't even know where to start. our politics are getting to be just nuts. we are officially in civil war, we have people threatening with knives, people taking advantage of favoritism, people playing increasingly mean and vicious practical jokes, and now the plant director comes down and threatens basically everybody in the shop with being "fired on the spot".

Well....think back, none of this crap was going on when JB was our supervisor. It all went to hell once he left. We got a stupid, lazy, favorites-playing boss, now.

And they wonder why people are upset?

"certain" people spend their days screwing off, BLATANTLY screwing off. One of them BROUGHT HER CAR into the shop and was working on it on shop time, and nothing was said. Then, when she's behind on her work everybody's got to pick up the slack.

So, now those people who are screwing off, are getting (albeit) mean practical jokes played on them. Y'know...when everybody's gotta pick up your slack and you seemingly don't care and continue to run around driving around campus and standing on loading docks smoking and they still don't take your truck away, yet hard-working people can't get a truck and are hoofing it all over, people get upset.

This crap continues all the time.

And they wonder why people are on edge?

And we normally have three bosses; one of them (the only one who actually did his job) is on vacation. I have but ONE stupid bullshit job (that's a whole nother rant), and I put in a request for more acid LAST. FRIDAY.

That request is still sitting in the bin where I placed it...they haven't even LOOKED at it. At this rate I won't get it at all, this week. Well, duh, cause it needs to be ordered from the manufacturer. Y'know, if you wanted to be boss, why don't you freaking DO THE JOB?

And what sucks is we used to not have to get management approval. We're all professionals, and we know what parts we need, that's why we went through a five year apprenticeship. I'd already have that acid by now and be back to work.

But, no....cause the boss wants to feel important, all requests, no matter how small, must go through him. And if he'd do the damn things I wouldn't have a problem, but I can't. do. anything. 'cause that's my ONLY freaking job and I can't do a damned thing without that acid!

He screwed me over BIG TIME when he first got in, too...immediately started giving me stupid jobs that a maintenance mechanic could do, boring stuff....it was all or nothing, either really stupid stuff, or really, really exacting technical, challenging stuff, without any time or money to do it. I either get a whole summer to do nothing, or ten minutes to repair an ultracold. Gah. Stupid place.

Why not LET. ME. DO. WHAT. I'M. GOOD AT?????????

Faaark.

I'm getting almost desperate enough to put my condo for sale, so I can afford to quit.
missjoy
I'm soooo frustrated at work right now. I was so excited about this job when I started because I had worked for a number of years at a fabulous place, my bosses loved me, we got stuff done and I was really well trained and (I have to say) pretty good at my professional job.

I get to this new job and I'm the only one doing this job (the previous position was a larger place with a team), the first time they've had a person in my position and my boss won't listen to how I want to do things (you know, how I was trained to do them successfully) and has me doing stuff that any shmo off the street could do and (surprise, surprise) aren't being successful. So now I'm getting all this negative feedback about how I'm not meeting my goals. They basically said, you know, if you don't think you should do this job you should let us know.

Argh... so mad. SO MAD.
32d
My boss is so big on face time. Even if someone sits there screwing around on the Internet, typing personal e-mails or just standing around gossiping instead of working, that seems okay to her compared to someone who'd rather take breaks outside, even if the work is getting done. What am I, 5?! Men I've worked with here and other places seem to get away with taking more time away from their desks and being micromanaged less.
Also, every office seems to have at least 1 blatant shameless suck-up. I think the one I work with now looks ridiculous when she always gratuitously compliments our boss several times a day, but bosslady falls for it. Therefore, Miss Brownnose seems to get to have a social life at work and have fun all day in spite of her large workload. Those of us who don't kiss ass like that have the boss on our backs if we aren't ahead of schedule on our workload. But there's no way I can do that butt-kiss thing.
Muffy
32d, damn, we all need to get out of work and go outside every once in awhile that's crazy!

yeah I hate ass kissers, every place has one, the new job I got has one. I've worked there a total of two days and already know who the ass kisser is. This person comes in early and stays late though they don't actually have to. Sure if I had something to do that needed to be done, but this is an art gallery. we sit there and sell art, that's pretty much our duties, oh and make sure no one steals anything.

Speaking of work. I work two jobs, suprisingly working at an art gallery and at a retail chain store barely pays the bills. But what really sucks is I have to work every day this week, and every day next week - the retail job didn't schedule a day off for me. I know they're both part time but shit, I gal needs a day to herself!
Alotta Errata
Ugh. I just need to vent. I hate my job. Somedays, I do all I can to not do my job I hate it that much. I just keep telling myself to hang on, hang on until I'm done with school and then I can move on to something better.. it's only a few more months, but every day I fight the urge to just scream I quit and give up.

the end. sad.gif
p_176
gosh i work with nosy people! i have the option of a flex schedule - can get to work as early as 630a.m. or as late as 930a.m. i'm normally with the crowd that arrives between 830 and 9, because i work out in the morning, but on the days i wake up earlier and get to work earlier, so i can work out in the afternoon, i get asked all these dumb questions, like, what are your hours? like, none of your business! it's a flex schedule for a reason!
Alotta Errata
P_176, that sucks! I'd make up some snarky repsonse... hmmm like My hours are my hours, not yours. eh. that kind of sucks. oh well I tried!
kittenb
Do you ever just sit at your desk and seethe with such frustration that you wonder how no one can see it floating around you like a mist? It almost feels like rage. This comforting home of a job is beginning to feel like a prison. I need to talk to my boss but she has just today returned from 6 weeks of sick leave (surgery) and she has many things on her plate. The problem is that someone who was not as respectful of her sick time as I was seemed to have told her all about the situation before she got here today. DAMMIT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.