Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Mad As Hell!!.... WORK SUCKS!!! rant thread dealing with everything!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Working Grrls
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
lilacwine13
Tell me about it. I've been moved to a different area and while my boss does a good job of training, he is extremely busy (mostly because the turnover rate is high and he's the only one who knows how things work around here) and can't always help me, yet half the time he's the only one who can answer my question. There are times when I am about to throw my computer out the window because I'm frustrated over some stupid task.
treehugger
p-176, I don't know how they are phrasing those questions, but a good response, specifically to, "what time do you start?" is:

"when I get here."
p_176
i work with f*cking stupid catty people. one of my project reviewers was trying to tell my boss that i had to given him some paperwork regarding a project - luckily, i was able to reforward him an email with the necessary attachments, with the message, i sent this to you 2 weeks ago.

this was the same guy who was asking me what time i got to work/could leave for the day.

and it's my birthday weekend - i should be happy. instead, i'm annoyed with coworkers, and i'm still unable to fit into more than 4 outfits in my closet 'cause i'm so fucking fat.

<trying to find happy place><almost there>
Muffy
p_176, good luck with finding your "happy place"

kittenb, I have felt that rage you speak of, today, while cleaning windows a second time because clearly wiping them with windex didn't clean them the first time - my boss can be a cunt she doesn't seem happy with anything I do. I keep trying to find my "happy place," but lately I tend to swing from feeling okay with my jobs, to sheer seething hatred. I've almost quit one of my jobs, not once, but twice this week alone... I think that one, I need a vacation (if I suddendly got a hefty bonus hah hah!) and two, I need a big change career wise. people shouldn't have to live this way. I think of all the time I spend at work and if I'm not happy, I'm really wasting my life and energies.
p_176
muffy - thanks. i sort of found a happy place.....in theory i'm getting a raise soon, and i got some birthday money so i can buy new clothes (i cleaned out my closet for donations, and realized i have precious little work-appropriate clothes anymore). so sometime this week am going shopping.
Muffy
p_176, hurray for shopping and the possibility of a raise! I may hit up a thrift store soon just to get some new/old clothes I could probably use some myself. have fun smile.gif

On my job front, well my retail job has yet another manager - we've had countless managers at this store. After two years of working there I'm really starting to not enjoy it as much because one of the co-managers kind of annoys me, she stays in the backroom all the time, which on some occasions I don't mind. But even when she isn't hidding in the backroom, I can't do anything like go to the bathroom and take a piss without informing someone (her) that I'm leaving the sales floor, I feel like I'm in 2nd grade again! I've been trying to find another job but I really want to go to grad school, maybe winning the lottery is in my future. I was on the MASS ART site last night and they require a $500 deposit for housing because that's money I just happen to have lying around. I feel stuck.

happy tuesday everyone.
lananans
I was also thinking I would hit up a local thrift store soon too, haha.

I also have my own work frustrations...

I work in a computer store, and I'm the only female salesperson. Today a customer who I call "bluetooth headset man" because he is always wearing his stupid headset to make himself look important, came in and was like "Can you help me?" I said "Sure, what do you need help with?" And then he was like "Do you know your stuff, I need someone who knows their stuff. I need to know about all of the chipsets on every single motherboard because I'm trying to replace a fried motherboard on a Dell computer." And I said "anything I don't know I can surely look up for you." and he just said "actually, I would rather talk with someone who is more experienced." First of all, employees cannot be expected to know every single little detail about every single product in a store that stocks thousands of items. I could have helped him if he would let me. Also, if he didn't want my help, why did he ask me in the first place? Just to put me down. He obviously doesn't know much about computers (from previous experience in dealing with him), and he pretends to, but he doesn't. Bah, frustrating. Working in computers I have to deal with a a lot of customers who don't believe that I could possibly know anything about computers because I am female. It's very frustrating. Oh well.
anna k
I just started temping at a magazine, and my boss creeps me out. He's in his sixties with a big belly and dyed-dark hair, and bugs me. Today, he passed me from behind and started squeezing my shoulders. I immediately shook him off, but he didn't say anything. I told my co-worker, who was there, but she said she didn't notice. I hate that he refers to me and the other temp as "the girls," or when he engages us in his stories that I don't want to hear, just antsy to get back to my work. I'm only there for a week and a half, but I work 9-5, and this guy is creepy and annoying.

"Do you know your stuff?" That's so condescending and prickish.

"more experienced" = has a dick.
lananans
I once had a creepy old man boss too. He would come up to us and put his hands on our legs and wrap his arm around me. Once when he got obviously too close i stuck out my elbow and jabbed him in the ribs. Then he left me alone. I just felt bad for the other girls. If it's only a week and a half, then just grin and bear it, it'll be over soon! Maybe use some elbows?
Muffy
I once had a creepy boss as well, I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I felt at the time that in this day and age I couldn't believe that men still refered to women as "broads" in the presence of a woman! I don't think there is really a good way to deal with them other than find another job.

speaking of jobs, I am sending in my letter of resignation to one of my two jobs. Its an art gallery. I've decided while it is a fincial hardship, 1) said job is planning on cutting my hours. Why? you ask because I made a 'clerical error,' in tallying up the days totals. I've only been there a month and they keep saying I wasn't "properly trained." I was trained by their supposed "esteemed" gallery associate that the owner and his wife praise up and down. Also, I've worked retail, I've worked as a designer, at a photo studio where I was there alone on many occasions, and at a non-profit gallery for over 3 years. I can assure you this isn't rocket science. The gallery has no computers or cash registers, they're system of doing things is completely archaic and there's a huge margin for error. According to the owner, no one has ever made a mistake in tallying up the totals, which is completely bullshit. But because I made this error, I don't fill out the reciepts properly and the owner's wife feels there's no "connection" between us (which just made me want to ask him if I should hug her when she walks threw the door), they feel I can't be trusted. This has all suddenly happened since last Friday! no one needs that. It was only two days a week and I can probably get more hours at the retail job that at least trusts my ablities, until I find something else.
treehugger
I'm kind of aggravated at UW-Madison. TWICE in the span of a week a crazy/deranged (sorry, but it's the only word I can come up with to describe it) type person was running around campus with a gun. I mean, almost could have ended being a Virginia Tech situation. They sent out a mass email, and an ad on Facebook.

All good and well if you are a student, or a clerical worker who's in front of their computer. But..and I'm sorry to say this, nothing against people in offices....but who's in bigger jeopardy?

Um...I'd say it'd be those of us who TRAVEL THE ENTIRE CAMPUS, all day long on FOOT. OUTSIDE. We (well over 150 of us, if not more) were never notified. And it's not like it's not possible. We all carry alphanumeric pagers. How frigging difficult is it to send out a mass message on the pager system? They do that when things break down! But...NO, not if it's, oh, a CRAZY RUNNING AROUND THREATENING PEOPLE WITH A GUN!

In both incidents I knew NOTHING about it until after I got home and heard it ON. THE. NEWS.

And in one of the incidents, I found out that I had been close to the area where it was going down. (within about three blocks)

GAH.
Muffy
treehugger, that's crazy. to think your place of employment wouldn't consider the saftey of all its employees.

I have a lot of bones to pick with employers lately...

I read this article, which now I can't seem to find to add a link.. but anyhow, its about how one should "clean up" their online image meaning if you've ever written something not 'upstanding' according to the norm (and what is the norm?)... or images of you not "satisfactory" to the general population or whatnot... you could lose your job or not get a job... oh and if you express views that are not in the same line of thinking of a job well...

I think we've finally become the plot of "1984." I'm sorry but what I do in my personal time is really no one's business, if it isn't directly effecting my job, meaning I'm not bad-mouthing my company or harassing anyone or doing anything illegal... what the hell does it matter to anyone if I want to write something, post it online and let millions of unsuspecting people read, listen or look at it?! If I feel its okay to put up online than I suppose I don't care if others read, see, or hear it now do I? Its not their business and I think employers have way too much power in this dwindling economy, they can treat us like shit and apparently spy on us and what the hell is one to do? Its "1984." and its fucking bullshit. I believe some sort of civil liberties and/or free speech is being violated here...
p_176
govt job.....they took a YEAR to even advertise the job i finally have (project manager), yet some intern was miraculously promoted to project manager - and no one on staff except for 3 or 4 people even knew it was happening so it was a shocking announcement at the staff meeting the other day.
i realize now, more than ever, that no one is ever going to help me get training or experience - i have to find it all myself. :-/
treehugger
oooh, yes, p176. We get that kind of silly crap all the time. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never be one of the glorified "chosen ones".

All I can do is try to get my college degree and hopefully be boss someday. Although it's probably not going to happen because they just made the boss's son a "lead worker". Total grooming. And this guy is the most disorganized scatterbrained person I know.

But if it made sense, they wouldn't do it. Blah.
lananans
My boss and supervisor have gone on a 'business' trip to Cuba this week, leaving our other supervisor in charge, and the i guess top sales guy on a powertrip. He goes all crazy with the power, taking every possible opportunity to show off how he is in charge. It is very annoying. Also, with them gone to Cuba, I'm working 5/7 days this week, on top of school and the papers that I have due. Weeee.
lilacwine13
Well, thanks to some stupid guy in sales, who loves to download stuff and has a Youtube and chat room addiction, my workplace has placed very severe restrictions on internet use. This means no email, no surfing unless it's work-related (even on breaks), and if you get caught you get written up. If they'd get more bandwidth and better security, there wouldn't be such a problem, but apparently they can't afford it, and heaven forbid they actually talk to the guy about it. I hate it when people decide to take stuff out on an entire group, and not just the troublemaker.

coela

The publishing editor at my job is on vacation, and the stand-in is absolutely clueless, so is the new layout guy,
who is also dead late with the layout, and since I'm last in the foodchain and stuck with the last touch-ups, proof reading & editing
it pretty much SUCKS TO BE ME right now. I'm supposed to do about 20 hrs work in, oh, let's say 6 hrs???
And the stand-in then has the audacity to say "could you please be hasty about it, because we're running a little late on schedule".
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I've been waiting for it for over a week now, I mean "late" is 2-3 days late, not 10!
How can you even BE 10 days late? How is that even technically possible? I'm just bewildered.

sassygrrl
I started work at a retail job this week. I've only been there two days, and it's soul-sucking. However, the training was fine. I get to my first day,and my manager and assistant manager aren't even there. WTF? So, I have this moron (who kept wanting to call me "white girl") training me as the receptionist. And everyone kept running around saying "You're NEW!!" and rolling their eyes.

Then my schedule changed, and so I asked my manager this morning. She yelled at me. I got hired to work the weekends, but I thought I had this Sat off. I also mentioned that 6 days out of 7 is a lot to work, and she just gave me a look from hell. She now thinks that I won't be able to do the job, and glared at me all day. Not to mention when I was ready to leave, she said: "Sassygirl, GO!!!" I thought this was supposed to be a diverse company, but I'm beginning to change my mind.

ginger_kitty
Some asshole guy I work with decided to yell at me for no reason. He's paranoid and annoying. I let him get to me and actually yelled back, which is so out of character for me. But he was shouting at me and I just couldln't help but think, who does this guy think he is? He likes to bully people around, but I have never really been bullied, and I am not about to be at this point in my life. I seriously need to get out of this job, I can't stand all the childish crap that happens there. I have never seen a group of adults so petty, and whiny.

I must get out.....
lananans
Sassy - that sucks, being new is really hard, I remember from my job. I work at a computer store with all men and they were definitely wary of me when I first started. I hope it gets better for you!

Gingerkitty - Congratulations on yelling back, sounds like he deserved it.

I had to talk to my boss about Christmas holidays today. I am currently the senior part-time employee, also home is four hours away for me, as I'm a student. Last year my family was 45 minutes away and I came back to work during the holidays because getting home wasn't such a big deal, however this year is different. The other guy who worked with us last year who was a student got TWO WHOLE WEEKS off at Christmas to go home, all because he is the favourite and wanted to (he is no longer around thank goodness), and silly me, thinking that this meant that I might be able to get time off, asked to have the week between Christmas and New Year's off. My boss says he'll try but he doesn't think so. I told him I'd be able to come back for maybe two days, but then the amount of money I make in those two days won't even cover my travel, so I don't see the point. *sigh*. All I want is some time off. But apparently I'm not as special as the other favoured golden worker child. Bah.
VanillaXtraDry
Hello Women,

For some reason my "search" option isn't working so i'm pre-apologizing if this topic has already been covered. i'm a publicist in the music/entertainment industry and as i'm sure you're all aware this career is particularly demanding (as almost ALL jobs are!) on my life. working so hard and not really having a "9-5" job leads me to neglect my friends, family, boyfriend, etc A LOT. and i dont even realize i'm doing it sometimes, which breaks my heart.

i guess my job happened really fast a few yrs ago and i became really good at what i do so i moved up the ladder quick. i'm in a senior position and have demanding artists/musicians that i work for and sometimes its not that easy to turn it off, ya know? but i do try...i'd like to try harder.

all that being said can anyone suggest a book on this topic??

xxx
rainarana

all that being said can anyone suggest a book on this topic??

xxx
[/quote]

I hear ya sister. I'm in the music biz as well. To make matters worse, so is my husband, at the same company, so when we get home the work continues. On the other hand, we understand each other's work issues so there isn't a problem there. As for books on the topic, I'm clueless, and so are most writers if you're looking for something relevant to your job. Books about the music industry in general tend to be poorly written and very one dimensional, I've found. On the other hand, if you're looking for something on the topic of how to deal with being pulled in a million different directions at once, and how to stay sane, I'm sure there's something out there, I just don't know what.

My way of dealing generally involves finding things outside of work which have NOTHING to do with music. As long as you aren't completely losing your mind you can find ways within the job to keep sane. And if not, you have to find something else.I was managing an indie label and eventually had to step back. I now work with downloads and neighboring rights/publishing which, strangely enough, I really like. The NR part anyhow. A lot less contact with musicians, which allows me to start liking them again.
sassygrrl
A book on work/life balance? Or just based on the music industry?

Lana, how did the Xmas talk go?

((Gingerkitty))

Had a weird spur of the moment work evaluation the other day. My bos just listed all the things I was doing wrong, and told me that I was "too snappy." I almost laughed. Because, about 5 minutes before she was yelling at me. Umm....
Don't really know where I stand with her, because it seemed that after she completely shot me down, she left.(After giving me a phony speech about how attitude was important in life...)

The weirdest thing? I applied at a different store in a different state (Portland..because I want to move there) just for the fuck of it. They called me tonight. I'm half tempted to take an offer. If it payes more, I'm getting the hell out of dodge. I really like IKEA, just not this store. Too many goddamn clicks. Plus, how awesome would it be to move?

grrrlyouwant
i just put in a 20-hour shift. yeah, that's right, 20 hours. apparently my boss was far more concerned with getting her four day weekend started than communicating with production to find out how many hours they were planning and scheduling our department accordingly. i tried early in the evening to reach someone to come in and relieve me at the 10-hour mark, but you know no one was about to interrupt their weekend to come back to work, even if it was (at the the time) going to be only four or five hours. dry.gif never mind that most of us, including me, are going to be back saturday anyway. i work with a bunch of selfish fucking cunts. that's okay though; next week i'm going to have a fat check. after 8 hours, overtime kicks in at time and a half, after twelve hours it goes to double time, and anything after midnight is a .25 shift differential, and i think holiday pay kicked in after midnight, which is double time and a half if you work that day, on top of regular pay. this totally justifies the $100 i just spent on boots i'll probably never wear. happy.gif
<3drums
Dammit i hate my boss! mad.gif but was i out of line? dry.gif

okay, so i havent actually started work yet.... which makes me hating my *future* boss even worse, but the thing is, am i just being over sensitive, is she, as i suspect, actually a total skankhobitch, or was it justified?

See, i went on holidays last week, and got my mum to drop in the paperwork. The boss implied that i would be starting on monday, so, after i returend from holidays (on the firday before) i called her to try and find out what time i would be required to start. Her response; "this isnt a good time. I'll call you back." end of conversation. as she hadnt said anything about when i was actually starting still, i took it as i saw it, which was i would start on monday. 2 days later (today), with still no word on what time she wanted me and the day before i thought i was starting, i call her again. this time, conversation goes like this:
Me: "Hi it's (<3drums), sorry to interupt your weekend but could you please tell me what time i start tomorrow?"
Bitch from hell: "LOOK, I TOLD YOU THAT I WOULD CALL YOU. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WENT ON HOLIDAYS, AND NOW YOU'VE INTERRUPTED ME AT A FAMILY FUNCTION, WHEN I SAID I WOULD CALL YOU!!! WHY DID YOU CALL ME?"
Me (very sheepishly):"um, i'm sorry, i though maybe you had forgotten?"
Bitch from hell: "WELL NO, I HADN'T FORGOTTEN! I'M IN CHARGE OF THIS BAKERY, SO WHEN I SAY I WILL CALL YOU, I WILL CALL YOU, AND YOU WAIT FOR ME TO CALL YOU. WHEN I GET HOME AND HAVE THE TIME TO GO THROUGH YOUR PAPERWORK, I WILL CALL YOU BACK, OKAY??!"
Me (practically shitting myself) : okay, i will wait for you to call me.
Bitch from hell: OKAY. BYE.
*end of conversation*

so here i am, not knowing when i start work or if i even have a job anymore, as all but one of the other times she has spoken to me she has implied that i am a huge hassle to her and i am stupid and annoying. So. Was it out of line for me to call, or am i justyified in wanting her to die die die!?

*btw* i'm new, and sorry if this post is sorta not what the thread is all about.....just lemme know. and also sorry for the MASSIVE rant-post this has turned into wink.gif, but i was like, crying, when i got off the phone and this made me feel a bit better.
treehugger
blink.gif no...she sounds like a very unprofessional "boss"...I hope she gets her act together and starts to not expect her staff to be mindless puppets waiting for her jump. Yuck.

You're in the correct thread. Rant away.
lilacwine13
Treehugger's right. She should have given you a firm date when you were going to start and not yelled at you for trying to find out when that was, family function or not.

And if you need to vent about work, then you've come to the right thread. Welcome. smile.gif
Debutante23
I HATE overly modified drinks when I'm working six hours straight on the bar with a constant 12-15 drinks on my bar. How the hell do people expect me to get their double tall nonfat extra hot sugar free vanilla latte with no foam out to them within a minute or two when everybody else is ordering a drink with six different modifiers as well?!

And don't ever come up to me and ask me for a cup of ice water!!!!! CAN'T THEY SEE MY BAR IS FILLED WITH RED CUPS AND I'M DOING SOMETHING CALLED WORKING?!

And what's up with the customers that stare over the handout counter watching me to see if I'm making their drink right?! Ugh, bunch o' VULTURES!

If it weren't for the people I work with and the few regulars that come into my Starbucks...it wouldn't be worth it to work in an environment like that...

Sorry...holiday stress...had to vent.
nickclick
QUOTE(Debutante23 @ Dec 19 2007, 03:25 AM) *
Sorry...holiday stress...had to vent.

you mean... you had to venti? ha ha, starbucks humor, exactly what you need i'm sure rolleyes.gif

drums, did you start yet? how'd it go with crazy boss?
Debutante23
QUOTE(nickclick @ Dec 19 2007, 07:34 AM) *
you mean... you had to venti? ha ha, starbucks humor, exactly what you need i'm sure rolleyes.gif

Ha! laugh.gif I don't mind happy.gif
octobersky
I hear you Debutante! I too work at "giant coffee conglomeration" and I LOATHE it! Does yours have a drive-through? The modified drinks are even more of a pain when people are lined up inside and out. AARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Venti!! har-har biggrin.gif
Debutante23
QUOTE(octobersky @ Dec 19 2007, 05:30 PM) *
"giant coffee conglomeration"

ha, I love that quote...mine isn't a drive-thru thank goodness happy.gif But we are sort of short on GOOD baristas right now which is harder on a vet like me who has to pick up the newbies slack. And it doesn't help when it's a Friday or Saturday night and there are only three people on the floor and ALL of you need a 30 min break.

So yeah, I HATE when there's too many freakin' modifiers on a drink. It's rediculous...they should just buy a machine and make their own damn latte at home, lol

I think the most difficult drink I've ever had to make was a Venti half decaf nonfat extra hot sugar free vanilla Caramel Machiatto made upside with one splenda no foam but with extra caramel and whipped creme. Oh and she wanted me to STIR it for her... dry.gif

And Octobersky, have you gotten people who wanted their drink steamed to 200 degrees or higher? Syrup, espresso and burnt milk...yummo!(being sarcastic here)

And do you get the vultures too at your store?
octobersky
OMG that venti caramel thing would have just made me bang my head on the bar!!! I hate when people are so picky, like 1.5 splendas or some crap like that. What bugs me are the ones that come inside to get a brewed coffee and then what YOU to put their cream and sugar in it!! Are you that lazy you can't be bothered?

Yeah we get people who want their drink extra, extra hot and when I'm on bar I try to explain to them that any higher than about 175 or so it's gonna taste burnt and nasty, but there are still some idiots who insist - yum scorched milk rolleyes.gif

Oh my yes do we get the vultures - I love it when you are handing out the drinks one by one as they come up and you call the one drink and immediately they want to know where their other drinks are. Yes I can make 4 drinks all at the same time - I'm superbarista!!

The other one I love is when you call a drink three or four times and person cant be bothered to pick up the drink and leave it sit and then complain about it being cold. I've even had people who demand that their drink be brought to them!
Debutante23
Wow, it's nice to know that my store isn't the only one, lol. Another thing that bugs the crap out of me is when they don't come by to pick up their drink and someone else takes it...apparently too many people in this world CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY ORDERED three minutes ago. dry.gif

Oy, I had these two guys come in the other day and get six tall chai lattes, four grande capaccinos, a venti vanilla latte, three grande mochas, two tall cappacinos and four grande lattes. For the more than one order drinks I always write on one cup and put a X6 or X however many there are. One of the guys proceeded to write on all the cups asking me what each one was!!! And he's writing the abbreviations wrong! My poor bar person was SO confused. Chai's were written C-L and Cap's were written CAPCH, and mochas were written CAFM, and lattes were written LATES. Freakin' idiots! I had to help my bar person out because he had no clue what was going on with cups.

I figured he was writing the names of the people on them. I didn't know he was writing what the drinks WERE. UGH!

If I EVER see them come into my store again, I will make sure to write their cups AWAY from the register area.

Ha, then I came into my store today after having the day off and my boss asks if I wanna work...lol, I told him he's a funny little man and that I have to get back to doing more of my Christmas shopping, ha ha. Too bad! Tomorrow I open...oy, that should be interesting...veeerrrrryyy interesting...I know it's going to be gift cards galore!

Oh, I had a funny old woman come into my store who proceeded to by gift cards with a check. When I told her checks aren't acceptable for gift cards, but debit cards and credit cards are. She said, "but debit cards are JUST LIKE checks!" I wanted to laugh...

Ah well...it's almost over. Wish we could have gotten some sort of bonus this year like we did two or three years ago...guess corporate is being a pig this year...again.
Debutante23
YES! NO MORE, "YOU DON'T HAVE ANY MORE GIFT CARD HOLDERS?"

Holiday shopping is OVER!

And of COURSE we don't have anymore...you shouldn't have gotten gift cards a week before Christmas, dumbass!
Rosita
I have had a similar experience and I hated every minute I worked for that turdess. I left after 8 months. Every day I cried on my way home and drank myself to sleep.
My advice to you: RUN! screaming into the night. Find another job.
Trust your gut.

QUOTE(<3drums @ Dec 16 2007, 12:30 AM) *
Dammit i hate my boss! mad.gif but was i out of line? dry.gif

okay, so i havent actually started work yet.... which makes me hating my *future* boss even worse, but the thing is, am i just being over sensitive, is she, as i suspect, actually a total skankhobitch, or was it justified?

See, i went on holidays last week, and got my mum to drop in the paperwork. The boss implied that i would be starting on monday, so, after i returend from holidays (on the firday before) i called her to try and find out what time i would be required to start. Her response; "this isnt a good time. I'll call you back." end of conversation. as she hadnt said anything about when i was actually starting still, i took it as i saw it, which was i would start on monday. 2 days later (today), with still no word on what time she wanted me and the day before i thought i was starting, i call her again. this time, conversation goes like this:
Me: "Hi it's (<3drums), sorry to interupt your weekend but could you please tell me what time i start tomorrow?"
Bitch from hell: "LOOK, I TOLD YOU THAT I WOULD CALL YOU. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WENT ON HOLIDAYS, AND NOW YOU'VE INTERRUPTED ME AT A FAMILY FUNCTION, WHEN I SAID I WOULD CALL YOU!!! WHY DID YOU CALL ME?"
Me (very sheepishly):"um, i'm sorry, i though maybe you had forgotten?"
Bitch from hell: "WELL NO, I HADN'T FORGOTTEN! I'M IN CHARGE OF THIS BAKERY, SO WHEN I SAY I WILL CALL YOU, I WILL CALL YOU, AND YOU WAIT FOR ME TO CALL YOU. WHEN I GET HOME AND HAVE THE TIME TO GO THROUGH YOUR PAPERWORK, I WILL CALL YOU BACK, OKAY??!"
Me (practically shitting myself) : okay, i will wait for you to call me.
Bitch from hell: OKAY. BYE.
*end of conversation*

so here i am, not knowing when i start work or if i even have a job anymore, as all but one of the other times she has spoken to me she has implied that i am a huge hassle to her and i am stupid and annoying. So. Was it out of line for me to call, or am i justyified in wanting her to die die die!?
*btw* i'm new, and sorry if this post is sorta not what the thread is all about.....just lemme know. and also sorry for the MASSIVE rant-post this has turned into wink.gif, but i was like, crying, when i got off the phone and this made me feel a bit better.

Rosita
OK I am so sick of my job. Mostly because it is full of phonies who kiss up to supervisors and the supervisors are really not too bright. It's really sad.
Thank God tomorrow is Friday.
I hope to be gone by next year starting a new career teaching.
It's a wrap between me and adults!
tankgirl
QUOTE(Debutante23 @ Dec 19 2007, 03:25 AM) *
And what's up with the customers that stare over the handout counter watching me to see if I'm making their drink right?! Ugh, bunch o' VULTURES!

I always watch over the person making my drink in coffee shops like a vulture. I have to. I don't drink milk and I have to make sure they understood me when I ordered or I'm looking at a trip to the hospital.
<3drums
aww, sorry to hear about your super shitty job rosita, but mine has actually started being ok...i nolonger have any shifts with Bitch boss, and i get free bread, so i'll stay, at least for a little while...if it heads anywhere NEAR the shitheap tho, i'm outta there! With my sanity intact! (or at least, no more damaged! tongue.gif ) I just hope if i throw this one in i can get another job, they're few and far between my side of town

oh, and ((BUSTie)) hugs to all you other working girls!!
sassygrrl
I'm beginning to hate my job now. It's just the kiss ass coworkers. I have another bitchy boss who I'm pretty sure hates white people (she's black), and is constantly up my ass for everything. I'm a freaking receptionist at a clothing store. As my best friend put it, "Baby you're working at fucking clothing store, not CIA!" I got written up for calling in sick. The weird thing is that I followed the proper procedure. The only thing I didn't do was call my manager (after calling into the stupid sick line). What the fuck ever.
Hell, this job isn't even paying the rent right now. I cried today. I shouldn't be crying at work. I'm hoping that there were be more jobs opening up in the new year. I know I've only been there 2 months, but it feels longer.I even asked to go to the bathroom today, and she wouldn't let me. WTF??

I think I want to go back to doing non profit work, until I can get into grad school.
sassygrrl
My boss is a bully, who actually called me a liar yesterday. I was trying to do my job, and she was screaming at me. Fuck this. I need to go back to non-profit work. Yes, it doesn't pay great, but at least I'd be helping someone.
lotusflower85
My boss yells at me any time we are not at least one hundred percent efficient (making at least the standard amount of product for how many people are working on the line); but sets us up for failure at every turn.
sassygrrl
That sucks!

We had a total lame bullshit meeting about how the three of us (I'm part time with two other people) didn't understand our jobs, and we weren't acting professional enough. Whatev. I almost starting laughing. It's just retail people!!
Rosita
You and I must work in the same place, sassygirl. Only I don't work retail, I actually work a government job. All the supervisors are black and only favor black people who are snitches on other workers and one white guy who knows a lot about the computer system. If they could detach his brain from his body and pickle it somewhere so they could channel it's knowledge, they would, and feed his remains to the sharks.
I am really sick of the backstabbing bitches up in here. I don't really talk to anyone because if you express an opinion even if it is not work-related, it is considered insubordination. I am Middle Eastern and people make all these right wing comments about Iran and all the other "evil empire" countries and that is OK, I can't say anything, talk about a hostile working environment!
Anyway I am just here to save money/get out of debt until the fall when I plan to go into a teacher training program. Ugh the wait.
sassygrrl
Rosita, backstabbing bitches suck!! I'm sorry they're acting like asshats.

Fuck. I got to work today to find that my boss is hiring another receptionist. Now, I'm part time and barely making any money. She's hiring another pt person, and has promoted two people to full time. I don't know anyone that can live on 12 hours a week. I asked her what will happen, and she bitchly told me, "well sassy you hours will be cut." I'm just really concerned b/c my 90 day review is tomorrow....

Need new job like now.

obelix2
Rant: I get paid overtime, but if I work it during a week with a paid holiday, I only start getting overtime at 48 hours instead of 40 hours. I had a TON of work to do earlier this month, but I wanted to put off the overtime until the second week, so I wouldn't get screwed out of the extra money because of new year's day. I went down to the accounting office before I worked the overtime to make sure that my workweek was Sunday through Saturday. They assured me it was.

So I get my paycheck today and it shows that I only worked 13 hours of overtime during my really busy week. I know (and I have the detailed timesheet to prove) that I worked more than 20 hours of overtime that week. I go down to discuss it with HR. She tells me that my workweek is Monday through Sunday, so an entire day that should have been overtime was lumped into the week with a holiday, and I get no overtime for it. "It's in the company handbook", she says.

It's not like it's that much money, maybe $50 dollars difference or so. But FUCK! I feel like I got screwed over by my company. I did everything I could to make sure that I got paid for my overtime. This wouldn't piss me off so much except that this seems to happen every time I work overtime - something happens to screw me out of my money.

Luckily, I go to salaried on Monday. But gah!
sassygrrl
((obelix))

My review went crappy. I'm now searching for a new job--they're cutting my hours as well, and I can barely afford this job right now anymore to pay the bills.

(((everybody)))
crazyoldcatlady

/rant.
puppykitty
(((worker busties)))

RANT: My boss sent me home on Thursday because I had a little fucking cold. She said she didn't want my germs at work. So I didn't work Thursday or Friday, and I feel fine. That's two days with no pay. Now what if I really do get sick? On Thursday morning, I was really tired and had to blow my nose a couple times, but no coughing, sneezing or anything like that. I was probably there for twenty minutes. I understand that others don't want to get sick, but c'mon. I wash my hands religiously, and I felt fine after a cup of coffee.

Anyway, I love my job, but sometimes my boss drives me nuts. She's a super caring woman - but sometimes that just gets suffocating.
obelix2
Completely the opposite rant of yours, puppykitty, though I feel your pain. We all get the sniffles, and we'd be broke if we stayed home every time.

But a coworker came in sick as a dog for a week-- sweating, freezing, wearing his coat, feeling miserable. He ended up in the emergency room, and his doc made him stay home for the next two coming weeks because (as he said in an email to a few people in his department) he has a "very contagious liver infection"! GAH! A woman from my office went down to the HR person (who has an office across the hall from quarantine boy) to ask if we need to worry or watch for certain symptoms, but she couldn't ask, because the HR person got sick and had to go to her doc to see if she'd gotten the same thing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.