Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUST Mixtape Swaperoo!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mornington
catlady & bunnyfluf I got your mixes - I'm listening to yours as I type catlady. And I love them both & it was a lovely lovely thing to come back from lambing too

Hmm... I've PM'd you Superscience, if it's not too late?
superscience
Okay. Gumby, Faerietails, Mornington and me (so far!). Keep PMing, gals. I'll send out the mix list at the end of the week!
superscience
last call!
superscience
Okay, I sent the list! Check your inbox and start mixin' it up!
gumby_cc
I sent mine out today! Hope you like them, I was in a weird mood when I mixed them.
superscience
Oooh! I can't wait! I'll send mine out by Monday! They're done, I just need to make the covers.
superscience
Gumby - I got your mix yesterday, and I LOVE IT!!! I've already listened to it three times. So good. I'm making my covers tonight!
gumby_cc
shucks, thanks supersci! i can't wait to hear yours (and everybody else's, too)
:-)
mornington
gumby - I got yours the other day. It's excellent - hasn't left my player since I got it!

I have the mix made... I just have to get some cds (I thought I had, but no...
gumby_cc
awww, thanks! i eagerly anticipate recieving your cd in the mail :-)
mornington
I'll send my mixes out tomorrow; they're packed and ready to go!
gumby_cc
mornington, your mix is great! i liked the cover, too. so cute :-)
faerietails
I'm soooo sorry mine are taking forever! They're packaged and ready to go, but they're on the other side of the country in my apartment in NY. I was supposed to be gone for ten days to visit my family..that was about a month and a half ago and I'm still here. Long story. A dog bit me, so I had to end up staying since I was one-handed for a while. =/

I'll be back for sure by next week, so I promise that'll be the first thing I do!
raisingirl
Bump. Does anyone feel like doing this again or for the first time or is it too soon or not a good time?

How many of you did it last time?
sassygrrl
I would do it. I'd love to. I liked whomever did the mix tape in the Break Up thread. I forgot who posted it, but I want it! How many people did this before??
mouse
whoa. WHOA. WHOA.

WHY haven't i noticed this thread before??? I AM IN I AM IN I AM SOOOOOOOO IN
mornington
me! me! me! me! me! I want to play! tongue.gif I love doing this.

indiechick
i'm game as long as

a) i can only send mixes to busties in europe - otherwise the postage will kill me.

b ) the tapes can / have to be cds. i don't own a tape player any longer and won't be able to make as well as play tapes.
crazyoldcatlady
ooo yay, it's about that time again!

i want in.

(need a coordinator? i have references smile.gif)
mornington
indie, i can swap with you!

I'm cool with catlady coordinating (we had to write references?! tongue.gif ) unless anyone else is desperate for the job?

mouse
so, how does this work, exactly? make different tapes for everybody? make the same tape for everybody? swap only with a partner? have a mixtape circle where each tape gets heard by everyone?
mornington
I think it depends on how many people want to do it and what everyone thinks.

The last round didn't have too many people so everybody got a tape from everybody else (confession - in my case it was the same mix, I ran out of time) but I think the one before that everyone swaped mixes with just a few other partners.

Did that make sense?

indiechick
i am willing to send cds to everyone in europe who is part of the mixtape swap (hoping, of course, that i will receive a cd from everyone who received one of mine).

what are your thoughts about cds vs tapes? i would assume that there are not many people left who still own a tape deck, correct?

@mornington: with you, i will swap anytime. smile.gif
crazyoldcatlady
we've done cd's in the past few swaps. i think two busties sought each other out to do tapes, though.

ok, i'm gonna get the ball rolling.
in the past, indie, i had everyone email me with their name (or pseudonym), address, what kind of mix they wanted (themed? genre?), who/where they were willing to send (w/in canada/us/europe only, or no issue), and how many swaps they wanted to do.

based on that, i hooked up busties with each other based on those categories.

everyone still cool with that idea?

if anyone wants in, let me know by 9/22 (friday) either on the board here, or PM.
raisingirl
Wow! Glad to see that there's so much interest. Good things come to those who bump.

Well, I still have the tape deck component on my stereo (it's never given me trouble, whereas I'm on my second CD player, but I upgraded to two trays and so it's recordable), so I'm able to record tapes and/or CDs, whatever you guys want. I'm flexible.

I would so be into making and receiving mixes related to dance and exercise and cleaning the house and rah rah rah good ass-shaking music and so forth.

Yay!
mouse
i'm so in. i want any kind of mix, preferably a mix (heh) of everything, but most likely stuff i havent' heard yet, i would like to send anywhere, i can send to a lot of people, i can do tapes or cds. yes.
indiechick
okay, i just checked the post office's website and sending a cd to the us will cost me $5 a piece. since i am a poor college student and will be unemployed once i have received my m.a. (just 12 days left till my final exam!), i am only able to send cds out to people living in europe (sorry for the repetitive statement) unless someone wants to send a lot of my money my way which most likely won't happen. sorry. i would have loved to swap with people in the us, canada, and anywhere else.

i'd love to receive any mix, with no restrictions on the style of music chosen. it will have to be a cd, though. and i am willing to swap with all european busties (knowing that there aren't that many...).

@cocl: i'll pm you with my contact info in a second.
crazyoldcatlady
bumpity! don't forget to let me know sometime today if you're in for the swap!
PM me with
-name (or pseudonym)
-address
-where you can send (i.e. anywhere vs. just within your country/region)
-preferred theme or genre
-how many swaps you're willing to do

YAY new music!
mornington
catlady, did you get my pm?

raisingirl
Catlady, how many people do you have now? I want to know if this is going to be worth my lazy ass's while. And I only say that because I can be really stupid lazy about some things.
crazyoldcatlady
there's 5 so far, including myself. want in? i was going to divvy it up later today once i slept off my hangover. smile.gif

(and yes, mornington, i got your PM)
indiechick
dudettes, if there are only five people, i might as well be sending out stuff to the US. i'll see how poor i'll be by the end of this week. biggrin.gif
crazyoldcatlady
Okay, i'm gonna PM all ya'll with swap info!

kelkello, i can add you in too once i get contact info.

and indie, if you change your mind about just euroBusties, let me know too and i can work it in.
mouse
does everybody want cds or tapes?
i can do and receive either.
humanist77
Okay, I want in-I love putting together mixed music, and my collection has gotten pretty big. I'll PM the info!

ETA-wait, is it too late? Who do I have to PM? tongue.gif
mornington
cds please mouse. Do you have a preference? (cds for me, folks... although I can deal with tapes if you really must tongue.gif ).

humanist, you have to pm catlady, but if you're too late, I'll swap with you anyway!

yay yay yay - now I just have to wait for my mac to come back from repairs.

indiechick
@cocl: thanks for all the organizing! could you send me the addresses of the people outside of europe? i'll see what i can do.

although i obviously thought that i could only send my mixes to people in the old world, does my name and address show up on the lists for the people in the us? just curious.

oh, i can only do cds by the way (both passive and active). biggrin.gif
mouse
no preference. i have a lot of stuff on tapes that i don't have on cd, and can only go from tape to tape, not tape to cd, so it limits what i can give out a bit--but not much heh.

what's the time limit on these? when are we trying to have them finished?
crazyoldcatlady
humanist- PM your info and i'll see what i can do

indie- i only give the other person you're swapping with the contact info. i don't mail out a master list or anything. and i'll get your the northa american swaps too ... anyone interested in a few more?

mouse- i know i won't be able to get a'burnin' until this weekend, and whoknows when i get to the post office. we're pretty slack around here, but i suppose the unspoken rule is don't leave someone high and dry; post here or PM or whatever if something comes up and you won't be able to get to them for a while

and, yay for new music! i still have last round's swap in heavy rotation in my car. happy burning!
crazyoldcatlady
anyone interested in taking on another swap? humanist and indie are looking to join.....
mornington
I can swap with humanist!
indiechick
thanks, cocl! i think i can take on another two or three mixes from the US but that's it then. any volunteers?
humanist77
That would be great, mornington! I can also trade with indiechick : )
crazyoldcatlady
okay, PM'ed you ladies the info if you haven't already (did you get it? my thingy is acting up...)
mornington
I got...
humanist77
me too-thanks!
indiechick
i did as well. thanks.
indiechick
has anyone finished a mix by now? i thought i would be done but i keep on thinking of new songs to add to the list. can't wait to receive the ones to be sent to me! smile.gif
mornington
I've mixed. I just have to make cds and covers... biggrin.gif
mouse
getting there! mornington's is finished, kelkello's is finished mixing but not burned, crazy old cat lady's is in the process! i will send them all out at once, probably this weekend. with bells on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.