Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUST Mixtape Swaperoo!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Friends and Family
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mornington
is everyone doing different mixes for each person? I was going to send out two mixes as I can't decide, but the same two to everyone...
mouse
i'm doing each different, but i don't think it really matters......i was just sleuthy and tried to figure out people's current musical tastes and build on that....
crazyoldcatlady
i've mixed this weekend, still in the process of making covers, etc. man, i was in a weird musical mood!

i made 3 dif mixes, so i will be repeating one or so...
kelkello
I have my mix ready, now I have to make covers. I only have two addresses to send to. Has anyone else joined recently that I need to know about?
crazyoldcatlady
yeah, kel i only put you down for 2. did you want more?
mouse
finished mixing! just have to make covers now. i was trying to have every cd have 20 songs exactly, but unfortunately crazyoldcatlady, you get 18. but that's because you also get a 9-minute long song. tongue.gif
indiechick
i am all done. the mixes will leave berlin tomorrow before i head to turkey for a short vacation. in case anyone isn't able to read my hand-written track list, i will post it here (but only after all of you have received your cds - i don't want to spoil the fun!).

ETA: they are on their way. rolleyes.gif
mornington
yay! I got mine yesterday indie - it's brilliant.

cd covers ready, just have to go to the post office....
crazyoldcatlady
okay, so i've been on vacay for the past week, but the cd's are burned and sitting on my desk looking at me, itching to get mailed out. soon, i promise! smile.gif
humanist77
So sorry ladies, I've been extremely busy lately-I have one burned so far, and the other two will be completed ASAP smile.gif
indiechick
thanks, mornington. i'm glad that you like it. and since i just copied the same mix three times, i am sure the other will like it as well. smile.gif
indiechick
gosh, i must have checked this thread a gazillion times in the last few days to see if anything has arrived or has been sent. my mixes should have made it to the us by now, so cocl and humanist, have you received them?
crazyoldcatlady
oh yeah, sorry indie, i've been busy.
indie, i gotta say, i loooove your mix. i drove into work in the early AM listening to "daybreak" with the sun peeking out.. it was like i had my own soundtrack!

update, mine are all packaged waiting for the post office. imminent!

humanist77
I did get yours, indie-I can't wait to hear it! thank you!
I was out of town this weekend, but the mixes are completed now and going in the mail today.
mornington
mine went in the post today - let me know when you get them!
indiechick
does anyone remember where the thread with the track lists went to? i remember that not many people posted in it but now i can't seem to find it anywhere. darn.
mornington
Indie, I bumped the thread I think you're on about... it's in media whores
crazyoldcatlady
i sent them out today! yay.

except for mouse's. sorry, i haven't gotten to it yet sad.gif bad, bad bustie!
mouse
its okay! mine are finished (well, i'm still working on the cover for cocl) but i am totes poor right now.....but maybe this weekend. sorry! i promise they'll be awesome when you get them.
indiechick
yay, i found two small packages in my mail box this morning! thanks...

*off to listen to the cds*
humanist77
wait..nevermind..
kelkello
Mouse and Crazycat--

Your mixes are finished and will be in the mail tomorrow! I got Crazycatlady's today, but haven't been able to listen to it yet. Anyone else who wants one from me, message me your address and I'll send you mine. I only have addresses for Mouse and CrazyCatLady.

humanist77
I got Mornington's today, looking forward to them!

Everyone let me know when you've received mine, I just hope they are in good condition. I'm afraid I made a mistake in not putting them in padded envelopes, but as long as the CDs are okay.
anna k
deleted.
mouse
i got mornington's! thank you! i am going to listen to them today at work.

mine are all set to go, i just have to buy envelopes and send em off.....this week, i promise!
kelkello
Mouse and CrazyCatLady, they are in the mail! Be on the lookout! Hope you dig 'em.
indiechick
i got all the ones that were supposed to be going my way. many thanks to cocl, humanist, and mornington! biggrin.gif smile.gif
mornington
catlady I got yours in the post today! I'm listening to it as I type and it's sounding good
humanist77
catlady, I as well got yours this week! Wow, that's quite a mix. Can't wait to hear it-Thanks!
mouse
catlady and kelkello, i got yours yesterday! can't wait to listen to em all. mornington's is in the mail already, yours will be this weekend (i gotta buy more envelopes). besides, mornington's has further to go tongue.gif
humanist77
catlady, indiechick-have either of you received my CD's yet?
indiechick
yup, i did. and i posted so earlier. i think i got it about 10 days ago.
humanist77
oh! so you did. thanks! hope ya like it : )
mornington
omg mouse, I just got my cd. The cover is beautiful. I'm off to listen to it now... biggrin.gif
mouse
kelkello's and crazyoldcatlady's are on the way!

catlady, is that you on the cover? it cracks me up!
crazyoldcatlady
i got all ya'll's cds!

indie's has been driving me to work, kel's and mornington's get me home, and i'm just now getting to the others, which are the soundtracks for me at work when i'm looking at little blue cells all day. i love new music!

and mouse, yeah i'm on the cover, but i'm not the one in the wedding dress ... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
mouse
wait......wedding dress? i don't think mine has a wedding dress......i have to look at that again!
crazyoldcatlady
oh, the other one! no, that's a friend of mine, another eccentric moment caught on camera
mouse
i was listening to all the cds this weekend! i'm really happy with them! i think you and i, mornington, have the closest musical taste because a lot of the bands you put on my cds, i ended up putting on cds for kelkello and cocl--figurine, boy least likely to, belle and sebastian, billy bragg...and kellkello and i crossed mixes with neko case. hah! i've digested mornington's the most so far, and i really love it--especially the innocence mission and emmy the great. i have to listen to things a few times before i really get them, so more updates will come when i'm more sure.

i'd love to hear what people's favorites from my mixes are (and assumign you've gotten them...?)
crazyoldcatlady
mouse, i just got yours over the weekend, haven't listened to it yet but the cover etc is hott shit! how artsy of you!

mornington
mouse, I was thinking that listening to yours. I love Lavender Diamond - and there were a couple of songs on there I'd heard of but couldn't get a copy. Plastic Bertrand are brilliant - I keep trying to sing along.

humanist, thanks for the pm - I've been listening to it over the weekend and it's really growing on me. I love it when songs do that.
mouse
haha yeah! my french is bad to middling, and the only line i can really pick up from that is "tanya! dans un autre vie tu etait leopard!" which is pretty awesome. but i love him. everybody always just knows ca plane pour moi, but his other stuff is hysterical. he has a song about jacques cousteau!!
kelkello
I have to give mega-mondo-kudos to mouse for her amazing artwork on the mix cds. Not one cd, mind you. Two! And fun buttons too! I was kicking around the house in a fit of glee. I've been listening to them and enjoying them. I feel like I owe you more, Mouse! Thanks!
mouse
aw shucks!

let me know which are your favorite songs, kk smile.gif i'm still digesting yours but i love the lucinda williams song, and i've been a fan of badly drawn boy since his first album. and i am going to turn your little felt flower into a pin, or sew it on something....so pretty!
faerietails2
Well it's been 6 months since the last swap(!)...anyone interested in another round?
kelkello
Me! Me! Me! I'm in! Who do I contact?
faerietails2
Wooooooooooooo!

*scratches head* Well I bumped it, so I guess I should be the organizer this time around, huh?

Umm...I guess whoever wants in can pm me with their address and # of CDs they're willing to send out. Let's say next Sunday is the deadline? How's that?
mouse
MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! (six months? no effing way......where did this year go?)
mornington
jesus on a pogo stick... six months?!?

me me me me me me me.
faerietails2
Bumpity bump bump bump.

Okay, there are 4 of us so far. Anyone else care to join? PM me by Sunday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.