Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Piercings
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
treehugger
Okay, talk me either into or out of this: I made an appointment for Friday at 12:30 for a nipple piercing.

I have never had any body piercings other than my ears. I don't really know WHY I want the piercings, I've just been feeling the impulse for the last few weeks.
cstars124
If you're feeling the impulse to do it, then do it! Think about how bad ass it'll look once it's done. That's what I do and it always gets me pumped for a piercing
frenchtoast
Do nipple piercings heal if taken out? You might want to consider that before taking the plunge.
treehugger
They do heal. I've read they can even close up as fast as 2 1/2 hours.
culturehandy
Oh my, I had oral sex this weekend with the new piercing, and it was a beautiful thing. Or maybe the man was just skilled, whatever, it was fucking great. also had sex, and the sex was amazing with how the pericing was getting hit and the feeling of it against my clit. I said it before, I'll say it again; Best.Piercing.Ever.
erinjane
I hear people talking about good feelings with those piercings a lot lately. I'm considering. Maybe I'll save up and treat myself around christmas.
pepper
oooh. girlfriend just inserted stretchers into my primary ear holes. ouchy. the holes have been there since i was nine and they hurt like they are new.

that's funny, what y'all say below. my nose i got pierced when i was 16, i wore a ring in it for four years straight and then nothing for ten and i can still put a stud or ring in whenever i want.
same with my nipple. pierced so many years ago, wore something in it for a few years straight then nothing for a few years. i put a ring in every now and then. same with all six ear holes, i hardly ever wear anything in any but the primary ones and they are all still open (one is way up high in the cartilage too).
but my tongue, now that healed up within a few hours, even after having it for a couple of years.
my friend says that hers stays open when she takes her stud out. she can leave it out for up to three weeks at a time. all her other body piercings close over right away though. wierd.

ow, my ears are burning. hope i can sleep tonight. oh well, at least it will be something other than the loud obnxious neighbours keeping me awake for once.
pepper
hey, my ears are ok. i slept fine too, go figure. i can feel that they ache a bit when i touch them but they're actually fine. huh.
g friend says to leave them in for at least three weeks before i move up a size. she is so awesome, she's lending me two sets of rings and a set of small plugs. i never thought i'd stretch any of my holes, mostly i think it's a bit icky actually. but she has these really small tunnels that she wears in her second holes and she puts her regular earrings through them, it looks so cool. that's all i'm doing though, i don't want to be a grandma with long dangly ear holes. not that there's anything wrong with that, i just don't want it.
this totally conservative lady at the bank got her nose pierced over the long weekend, funny. we talked about it and jewellery to the amusment of our co-worker who thinks we're both crazy (they're both in their fifties).
punkerplus
*Grits teeth* This thread must not die.

So here are pictures of my new piercing biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

ETA: Ack! Sorry they are so big. I don't know how to change them!

I'm rubbish.
halcyon
Sweet! My sister got both of her conches done...one was fine and one was a little persnickety and had a bump for a while. I'd love one, but cartilage piercing just doesn't seem to work for me. How are you liking it so far?
ginger_kitty
Nice conche piercings, punkerplus!

My hubby had both conche pierced a few years ago and has slowly and painfully stretched them form 10 guage to 0 guage. They look freaking awesome. I'll post pics after my lazy butt gets around to buying some new batteries from our camera.
punkerplus
It hurt like a bitch when I had it done. It hurt more than any of my other piercings, but that might also be because my friend who is an apprentice did it for me (for cheap) because she needs the practice.

I meant to ask in here actually, I haven't touched it since I had it done (only got the one) which is a week tomorrow. I haven't cleaned it or fiddled with it or anything and there is still no crust on it at all. Is this weird? All my other piercings have crusted within a few days but then I always started cleaning them straight away, twice a day. Do you think I should start cleaning it?

I can only imagine how painful stretching them must be. Can you wear tunnels in a stretched conche piercing? I've only ever seen plugs.

And, who is the bustie with the vertical labret?
ginger_kitty
Maybe you are just a really good healer? But a lot of people over clean thier piercings. Once a day in the shower w/ anti-bacterial or anti-microbial soap is all that is needed.

Here's some pics of my Mr.'s conche:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dani837
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Jul 4 2006, 01:48 PM) *

Oh my, I had oral sex this weekend with the new piercing, and it was a beautiful thing. Or maybe the man was just skilled, whatever, it was fucking great. also had sex, and the sex was amazing with how the pericing was getting hit and the feeling of it against my clit. I said it before, I'll say it again; Best.Piercing.Ever.

Did you got your vertical hood pierced?
I got mine and I can't feel any DIFFERENCE, not even during oral sex! What a dissapointed it was, it hurt so much I thought I was going to get something good out of it on the long run(and I say long run cause I got the piercing when I didn't have a bf, out of boredom tongue.gif )
punkerplus
Thats amazing gingerkitty. Especially the one without any jewellry in. I have a fascination with stretched piercings without jewellry in.

Did he cry like a baby while it was being done?
culturehandy
Dani837, My hood peircing is indeed vertical. Can't explain it, maybe it was in conjunction with what the man of the hour was doing with the piercing. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my piercing is a barbell. Maybe that's why.
dani837
LOl the man of the hour laugh.gif
well mine is too! well yeah then, it must be my "man of the hour";s fault dry.gif
Time to get a new one cool.gif
ginger_kitty
QUOTE(punkerplus @ Aug 14 2006, 11:53 AM) *

Thats amazing gingerkitty. Especially the one without any jewellry in. I have a fascination with stretched piercings without jewellry in.

Did he cry like a baby while it was being done?

He said it was by far his most painful piercing ever, and he almost passed out. Poor guy.
ferraro
wow. that picture without the jewlery is incredible. what would happen if he took out the plug for a long period of time? would the cartiledge evertually cave in??

also, i had a dream the other day where i got my nipples pierced (totally random) but now im intrigued. anyone got it done? i work in an office so going bra-less for a period of time would not be an option.
dani837
For a week i wanted to get my nipples pierced...because I can't get anything else in my face pierced( I wanted my nose). But then I'm scared for the level of pain! Also, because I ALWAYS use tight tops and those would probably slow the nipple healing process
ferraro
i dont really wear tight shirts but do have to look professional (although i do have a nose stud and thats totally cool.) maybe i should wait until the winter to do it cause then sweaters would camoflage my lack of support a little more??

saktii
I have both of my nipples pierced, and let me just say that it was one of the most painfil things i have ever experienced. As far as healing goes, you can pretty much wear bras after the first day (this is actually recommended, so as to keep the jewelery from getting caught on clothing), and tight shirts as well.
A few things to consider about nipple piercings:

1. Because they are surface piercings, there is a *small* chance your body will reject them and actually push the jewelry out THROUGH your nipple. My piercer friend said that she saw this happen to her friend, and it was pretty freaky.

2. I have heard that the scars these piercings leave behind are pretty gnarly. I wouldnt know, though. I have never taken mine out in the 5 years I have had them.

On the upside, the boys go wild for them, and they do make my nipples pretty darn sensitive.
ginger_kitty
[quote name='ferraro' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:05 AM' post='97735']
wow. that picture without the jewlery is incredible. what would happen if he took out the plug for a long period of time? would the cartiledge evertually cave in??

Nah, the holes would just shrink up some, it's like having a septum piercing. With smaller ones the skin will close, but w/ larger gauges there will always be a hole. I don't honestly ever picture him taking out them out permanently. He worked to hard to get them at that size.

I used to want to get my nipples done, but I don't heal very well from piercings and was just too affraid to go through with it.
punkerplus
I always wanted to get my nipples pierced until my friend, who used to have one pierced, told me that the one that used to be pierced is hardly ever erect now. Its very difficult to make it stand to attention.

And I like erect nipples.
ferraro
huh, i like erect nipples too. i assumed that since everyone says that pierced nipples are more sensitive, they were erect MORE often, but i guess thats not the case?

i'm kinda getting to the point of my career where i will have to take out my nose ring and i want to have a little something else pierced under my power suit that just i would know about. secret bad-assedness is better than no bad-assedness at all.
crazyoldcatlady
yeah no shit ferraro. i have a nose ring i only wear when i'm not at work, but then my nose is all inflammed and looks tack ANYWAY then. i can't keep that up, and i don't want a tatt. i hear ya about the badassness
raisingirl
How do you do that, Catlady?! Is your nose inflamed because you're having to struggle to put it back in? I ask because I had a ring in my nose for years and years, never took it out. I thought about this for months before I actually did it, but one day I got home from work right around 5pm and decided to remove my nose ring once and for all. By the time I got into bed that same night, the hole had already closed up for good (I know because I tried to put the ring back in). I would have had to repierce my nose if I had had second thoughts about putting it back in. I just let it go and was done with it.

Ginger, your mister's piercing looks p-a-i-n-f-u-l! I mean, I know that's part of the appeal of piercings. Does he have all sorts of strangers asking him about it?

(Then again, I'm a wuss when it comes to enduring pain.)
saktii
QUOTE(punkerplus @ Aug 19 2006, 05:23 PM) *

I always wanted to get my nipples pierced until my friend, who used to have one pierced, told me that the one that used to be pierced is hardly ever erect now. Its very difficult to make it stand to attention.

And I like erect nipples.

Oh no! It sounds like your friend went to a bad piercer. My nipples are even more prone to being erect now that they're pierced.
crazyoldcatlady
i kept my nose piercing in place non-stop for about 3 months, and the first few times i switched it up, it was a struggle.

but now, i have a clear stud i put in every night before i go to bed, and take out in the AM. sometimes this irritates my nose, and sometimes it doesn't, but on the whole it's not as hard to take in and out.

and on the days it does act up, i think, "well shit, i should have just kept it in; i think the stud would be LESS noticable than the scab i have here now." damn professionalism.
ferraro
i can pretty much take my nose ring in and out at will without it closing up. although, i have a stud instead of a ring. maybe that effects things?

saktii, how bad was the pain of getting it pierced? what would you compare it to?

also, how do i go about finding a reputable piercer? i just moved to a new city two weeks ago. the only people i know here are my co-workers, none of which i would really ever want to have a conversation with containing the word "nipple."
dani837
I wonder if getting your nipples pierced would hurt as much as getting your hoohah pierced. I mean THAT right there was the worst pain EVER. But if I get my nipples pierced, I want to get both at the same time, that way I don't have to wait till the next one wink.gif
I'm just worried because I've heard that you can lose your sensibility in your nipples, if it scars the wrong way. Plus if you get them out, the scars can get ugly. Saktii what do you think?
ginger_kitty

Yeah, raisingirl, from time to time he gets some pretty funny or just plain rude comments. Some people have mistaken his jewelry for some type of hearing aid. Some people think it's a trick w/ mirrors or something. But actually alot of peolple don't even notice.

catlady, you might need to invest in some better jewelry. I know a lot of people that are allergic to the cheaper stuff. You made need something like:lucite, stainless steal, titinium, or gold.

Yeah, the nipple not being able to get erect thing doesn't sound right. I have always been told nipple piercings make it easier to become aroused.
erinjane
I just wanted to ask for clarification from punker. I think she's saying that the friend had her nipple pierced, took the piercing out, and now her nipple is no longer as erect. Am I right?
punkerplus
Yup, erinjane is right. She had one done, took it out (a few years back now) and now the one which used to be pierced is harder to make erect than the other. Its actually quite obvious when a cold wind catches her (if you happen to be looking!). So I'm guessing it is funny scar tissue. I don't know how it reacted when it was actually pierced. I'll have to ask.

erinjane, is it you who has a vertical labret piercing?

I had a really gross blistery type thing on my anti-tragus piercing the other day. I did a salt bath and woke up the next morning with a ear full of gunk and a crusty pillow dry.gif
erinjane
Yup, I am indeed the one with the vertical labret.
punkerplus
I was thinking of getting one. I wanted to ask, well, whats it like? Very broad question I know!

How painful was it? Is it hard to apply lipgloss (priorities...)? Eating, drinking, kissing at first?

Also I have quite a big bottom lip and a strong jaw line so I'm worried my face will look bottom heavy....

Some days I curse my face.
erinjane
I really love it. I can't imagine taking it out. I've had it for close to two years now. It's definatly weird at first, but I got used to it fast. I can't really imagine not having it there.

The actual piercing didn't hurt too bad, but the hours, and first day after it was really sore. Usually they swell up pretty bad but I didn't have much swelling. I was told no kissing/oral play for at least two weeks. Applying lip gloss at first was awkward, but now it's nothing. At first you're just trying to figure out how to maneouvre without hurting it but then you realize that you probably aren't going to hurt it anyways. One of the things I remember doing a lot after I got it: it was winter so I wore a lot of high collared t-shirts and shirts and sometimes when I took them off the collar would get caught on the bottom ball and pull the piercing. Ouch, that hurt.

I've fooled around with some guys who like to bite on it and for the most part that's okay, but sometimes it will start to get a little tender and needs a few days to heal a bit so I just tell them to back off a bit because it can get sore. That's fairly rare now though.

Drinking is fine, it usually clinks with the glass though, heh. Eating is fine for the most part, but I can't eat apples on the core anymore, I cut them up and eat them sectioned because the top ball pushes into my lip and hurts if I try to eat it normally. That's about the only eating thing I can think of.

You can get pretty small balls if you're worried about it being overwhelming. A lot of people tell me they don't notice my piercing now because it fits in well.
This picture was taking a couple of weeks after I got it. The barbell is so long because I hadn't been downsized yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/cel...ts/heythere.jpg
I really like the small size of the balls the piercer put on. I have a green barbell too but the balls are bigger and I've never liked it as much.

Hmmm...I can't think of much else. I'll add more if something comes to mind.
punkerplus
I think you've pretty much sealed it for me. I love the look of it and it doesn't sound too fussy to deal with (and you look stunning in that picture!).

Now to get it done!
ginger_kitty
I took my little 5 year-old niece to get earlobes pierced this afternoon. She has been begging to get them done. A buddy of my hubby's own's a super clean respectable tattoo and piercing shop so we took her there. She was scared to death!!! She'd been beggin her mom for months, and my sis finally caved in and called me for some help. She was all smiles until we got in the shop, then she burst out into tears while he was setting up. She was such a little trooper though, I think most of it was just nerves.

I had to laugh a bit though b/c she cried out before he even touched her w/ the needle. But I bought her ice cream afterwards and she was all happy go lucky!
jsmith
Heh, I remember the first time I got my lobes done. I think I may have been four. I screamed.
Then the holes closed up, so I had to go again when I was 5 or 6. My dad and brother were there, and I remember enjoying the looks on their faces, as they were bracing themselves for me to screech again (I didn't though, lol).
I'll tell you what's wierd though: lobe piercings seem to hurt more than cartilage. For me, anyway.
So, anybody here have a Monroe?
erinjane
Man, I got mine done with a gun the first time probably when I was 6. They got horribly infected. Then I had them done again with a gun and they again got horribly infected when I was about 10. When I was 15 I did them for the last time with a gun and they were fine, although I let them close up a year later. I partially blame the gun and the fact that I was too young to care for them properly. If I have a daughter I'll hold off on getting them done until they're really old enough to care for them, and they'll definatly be getting done with a needle.
ginger_kitty
Yeah those guns, can't be properly cleaned so they are breading grounds for bacteria. Needle is the only way to go. I hope she is old enough to take care of them, but not my decision I just helped my sister pick a good place. I was like 20 or 22 when I got my lobes done it hurt a little but not to bad. Mine were pierced at 10 gauge though, I imagine smaller piercings hurt less.
punkerplus
Yeuch guns. I imagine they make the whole process more painful than it needs to be as well. I got mine done when I was 8 and they were fine, but I had to beg my mum for months.

Anyway, I came in to say I got a vertical labret piercing yesterday! and now I look like I have a trout pout. Nice. erinjane, will I ever be able to drink without a straw again, because right now it doesn't feel like it.

Here is a pic

IPB Image

And a close up....

IPB Image
erinjane
Awesome! Looks great!

Is it very swollen? Heh, drinking sans straw will happen again. I remember how weird it felt after I had mine. After a couple of weeks I'd pretty much gotten used to it.
punkerplus
It is swollen, but not hugely. I have pretty big lips anyway, but I can tell when I look in the mirror! That's good to here, I think the staff at MacDonalds are realising what I'm doing during my raids!
pepper
stretching the third ear hole, ow ow ow ow ow, OW!!

crap. painful.
managable but ow.
starlette
Wow pepper, that does sound painful. Hope it looks good.

What size gage does the ear usually not strech back to normal? I'm at a 6 right now, but I want to be sure they can go back to being normal, my old 8's did fine.

And anyone know any cute styles in a 6?=)
pepper
i know next to nothing about which size means what, sorry. i made my spiral stretchers out of fimo and they get me up to whatever size i want in about three days. i know you're supposed to take more time but it works great. i have bone spirals in the big holes now and metal tunnels in the small holes, they look good. no infection either, none what-so-ever.
zoya
well, I use tampons or instead, so I never had that problem when I had my vch (and I had a big, honkin barbell) It really depends on what type of jewelry and how you are built as to what might get in the way.. I do have to say that I would have to adjust myself (like a guy! haha!) once in awhile when I was wearing jeans because the barbell would kinda twist the wrong way.. So yes, stuff can get caught on it. I'm not gonna lie.

I don't think that your cycle will affect the healing period. The place that's being pierced is probably one of the thinnest pieces of skin on the body you can possibly pierce, and I don't see how your cycle would affect that at all. They say it takes 4 weeks to heal (and not to have sex for 2) but mine healed in about 2 weeks.

the VCH is awesome, though! I loved it. I got mine when I wasn't really having much sex and it was a great solo implement, but when I started having sex on a more regular basis, it kinda got in the way. I was seriously afraid the guy I was seeing was going to chip his teeth on it. (Granted, I had a pretty chunky barbell) Plus it didn't do a whole hell of a lot for me during regular intercourse. But oh, mama, as a solo plaything... oh yeah! and sometimes when I was in jeans and had it in just the right place, I could walk around with it rubbing my clit for awhile. it was rad.
sassy
My hood wasn't sore and basically healed (at least as far as bruising and swelling goes) within a couple of weeks. It is one of the fastest piercings to heal and I never had any problems with my period...although I use tampons most of the time. I had sex a couple of weeks later without any problems. When I first got it, it did feel nice, but now it's mostly decoration. Good luck! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.