Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Piercings
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
lapis
QUOTE(rudderlesschild @ Jan 16 2007, 11:07 AM) *

I'm considering getting a VCH, and I was wondering - how does this play out when you get your period? I wear Lunapads, and I keep envisioning the little rick-rack strip getting caught on a piercing. :blink: Would I have to switch to a sponge or cup or something?

Also, does your cycle affect the healing period - I know I get pretty swollen when I'm about to bleed.

Sorry for the TMI, but I can't find a site anywhere that addresses these questions...

You are supposed to be less sensitive 10 days before or after your period--that's the best time for bikini waxing, etc. Also it would give you time to heal before your period. Your initial jewelry will be bigger to accomodate any swelling, and then you can switch later on. As for the pads and catching, it depends on your anatomy (like if you have substantial labia), the pads, and the jewelry. My barbell hasn't gotten caught on anything but you could switch to a different kind of pad if you are concerned. The diva cup's my weapon of choice. Also, saline soaks help with the healing a lot. Tight jeans didn't feel great for a couple of weeks--that was about it.
OreosMom
I've had my ears pierced since I was 3 and I got my eyebrow done last July. I am thinking about getting my septum done but don't know how I'd get away with it at work. A hood piercing looks and sounds interesting too, but I would worry about wearing pads. I really can't wear tampons because my flow is typically very heavy. I guess I need to take some time and think about what I really want to get done next.
culturehandy
I second what Zoya said as well.

I have my hood pieirced, and I agree with Sassy, fastest healing piercing ever. I had no problems with it. I love it. I wouldn't worry about pads or tampons. My piercer told me not to worry about it at all. All our body fluids are clean.

And I love it. It looks good and it feels good.
tankgirl
QUOTE(OreosMom @ Jan 24 2007, 08:26 AM) *

I've had my ears pierced since I was 3 and I got my eyebrow done last July. I am thinking about getting my septum done but don't know how I'd get away with it at work. A hood piercing looks and sounds interesting too, but I would worry about wearing pads. I really can't wear tampons because my flow is typically very heavy. I guess I need to take some time and think about what I really want to get done next.

i had my septum pierced whn i was younger for about 6 years with noone i worked with ever knowing. they make a "U" shaped retainer you can wear when you need to hide it that flips up into your nose, it isnt as uncomfortable as it sounds, you get used to it. actually most piercers prefer that you wear it opposed to a ring when you first get it pierced because it helps it heal a bit faster because it doesnt move around as much in your sleep etc.
lucizoe
*random*

My vch jewelry once caught on my ex-boyfriend's tongue ring.

Excluding that strange occurrence, it's never been a problem. Except when I lost the jewelry for two years and my piercer had to stretch the hole back out for me over a series of weeks. Yikes yikes yikes.
lawnpigeon
I'm getting my philtrum/medusa pierced in a few weeks, mainly because I miss having a piece of metal stuck in my face (I've had my eyebrow pierced, snake bites and bridge done at one time or another, but were all taken out after a year or so of each. Eyebrow: because it grew out and was looking nasty... I still have the scar. Snake bites came out because I was going to South Africa to do volunteer work in a wildlife rehabilitation centre and apparently the owner was ultra-conservative and didn't like weird piercings/tattoos. Crappy reason to take them out, I realise, but when I did I was very much like, "It is so much easier to eat!" As for my bridge it migrated a little and was crooked and and bugger me if it was healing... super-super great when I gently pushed the skin in between the balls once or twice and puss squirted out AND it gave me the occasional headache (WARNING! WARNING!) Pity though, I really liked that one. Which is why I hung on to it in the vain hope that the - rare, mind you - headache and yellow discharge would go away. I washed it very lovingly every night and morning and prayed to the piercing gods but to no avail. Possibly because the piercing gods do not exist, but oh well, a girl can try, right?) I know, I know though, I do look after my piercings - my labret/snakes bites healed well, my ears healed well (I've got two studs in each ear, still there) my tragus (cute little thing that it is in one ear, also still there) healed REALLY well, in two weeks or whatever and my eyebrow was fine until it started to shrink.

I figure a medusa would be like less annoying snake bites and that migration is not a problem. I did consider a single labret and, yes, a vertical labret, but I like the look of a small piece of plain silver jewellery in the philtrum.

You know though of all my piercings which hurt the most? My ear lobes. They were done with a gun, all four of them, one after the other. The noise didn't help. The whole, "Oh god, here we go again," everytime another stud was fired in. Give me a needle any day. Ear guns = evil, and were created by the piercing god devils. (Okay, okay, they probably don't exist either, but, hey, I have to blame someone.)
punkerplus
lawnpigeon, I firmly believe in the piercing gods and piercing devils - how else does a piercing decide whether to stay or not!?

What I really like the look of is a central labret piercing and a medusa. I just think it looks pretty.
lawnpigeon
Okay, so I'm a non-believer and have been smited accordingly. We're equal now, okay, oh great piercer in the sky?

I think a medusa is a good balancing piercing. My favourite piercer at the place where I go has her medusa pierced and her septum (she has a nice little set of thin, multiple rings there that look really nice) and it really, really suits her and it's not too busy.
One piercing at a time though! I can imagine what my mouth would look like if I had both lips done at once. Ha. "Do my lips look big in this?"
sassy
My friend's boyfriend swallowed her entired VCH piercing barbell during oral sex.

I got my earrings caught on my ex-boyfriend's new eyebrow piercing. That was not fun for either of us.
tankgirl
i once got my surface piercing on my stomach(along thr bottom of my rib) caught in my boyfriends nipple ring while we were sleeping. that wasnt a fun or clean thing to wake up to. dont have the piercing anymore but i do have a bigger than usual scar from it.
sassy
I have stomach surface piercings which I always get caught on strings that sometimes hang off my towels. Ow. I actually tend to get a lot of piercings stuck on towels and blankets.
LoveMyPugs
I have my tongue pierced. I have to say that the actual needle through tongue didn’t hurt but it was very sore for a good five days afterwards. I lived on ice water, milkshakes and spaghetti o’s (oral ring toss is fun).

Here’s the thing, I’m seriously considering getting my nipples pierced. I just read all nine pages of the body piercing thread. I’ve researched nipple piercing online. I feel confident that it’s what I want and I’m not scared or anything even though a lot of you said that the nipple piercing was very painful. I was curious if any of you have your tongue and nipple pierced (not at the same time) and if so which one hurt more?

One thing that wasn’t addressed was if there is any bleeding when you get your nipples pierced.

My only concern is that I have very large breasts that aren’t as perky as they used to be so I must wear a bra in public. I want to get my nipples done over spring break. That way I can lounge at home without a bra for a few days if I need to. Some of you said wearing a bra hurt and others said it helped. For those of you that said you couldn’t wear a bra, about how long did you have to go braless? Are we talking hours, a day or days at a time?

(((Culturehandy))) does your barbell ever show through your bra and shirt? I wear very good bras and I usually just wear loose t-shirts. Do you think people will be able to see it through my clothing?

Do you really think that lose of sensation, inability to breastfeed and lose of nipple erection are issues if you know you are going to a good piercer and you’ve done research? I mean can this happen to anyone even if the piercer does it right? I guess I’m just concerned because I very much want to breastfeed if possible when I have children and I don’t want the chance of anything hindering that. Mr. Pug loves that my nipples get so erect so if they were to not get erect anymore if I decided to remove the piercings later on then we would both be very disappointed. I don’t have a whole lot of nipple sensation anyway so I’m not so concerned with that.

I tried to address some new issues and not ask the same old same old questions.
culturehandy
LMP:

To answer your questions, there was no blood when I pierced my nipple. I had a fantastic piercer, who consulted with the nurse who is also on staff where I get my work done. There should be no blood. Even after the piercing, during healing time, there was no blood.

I cleaned it regularly using i cup warm water (NOT microwaved warm, and a quarter teaspoon salt) I soaked my nippled for 10 minutes, twice daily. You also must MUST MUST refrain from any play until you are healed, while your piercing may look healed, inside it won't. You will know when the piercing is healed when there are no more crustied. Gross yes, but true.

I wear a bra with a thicker cup, so no one sees through my shirt, even when I don't wear a bra, say to bed or whatever, the piercing isn't that noticable.

I actually wore a bra during healing. It helped give me support, and I wore a padded one too, so my nipple was nice a comfy. I spoke with the piercer about this, she said whatever was comfortabel. I slept with one on, as I was in a great deal of pain afterwards.

As for loss of sensation, heck no! I have more sensation in my left (the pierced) than in the right. I am unsure about the breast feeding, but if a baby's mouth is wrapped around your nipple, then I don't see much interference.

Loss of nipple erection also a non issue, when they are cold, or being played with they are erect, when warm and I'm not aroused, it's just the same as the nipple which is not pierced.

My left nipple is actually more sensitive now than pre-piercing.

My piercing wasa very positive one. Now if I can just go work up the nerve to get the other one done.

As for my clit piercing...that was a walk in the park compared to the nipple!

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
punkerplus
LMP:

I don't know from experience but I remember an article saying that the milk duct isn't one straight tube out of the nipple but lots and lots of small ones and so a piercing should only break a few of these and therefore not hinder breastfeeding. Obviously you should take out the piercing before breastfeeding to stop any choking issues! Maybe you should contact one of the staff members at bmezine.com, who are really helpful.

Question of my own. I've been considering stretching my ear lobes for a while and I spoke to a friend of mine who is a piercer and she said they could put 5mm straight in. How would they do this? I have been led to believe such a large increase is bad bad bad.
crazyoldcatlady
heee hee LMP, it's funny you posted b/c i've been doing some serious precontemplative thinking about a nip pierce, and was gonna come in here and ask around, but i was afraid that all my questions would have already been addressed.

i just need to find a good piercer, i think, and grab my ovaries and go. i really. want. one.
LoveMyPugs
Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm going to do it. The only reason I was asking about the see through issue is because of my mom. She would have a heart attack if she found out so I don't want her to be able to see it through my shirt. Since I'm not working Mr. Pug gives me money for gas and spending and what not. My birthday and also spring break are coming up so maybe I'll see if he'll pay for getting my nipples pierced as a present. I mean come on it's really for both of us right?? wink.gif
culturehandy
Yowza, I don't think I'd want to get such a large size right off for lobe stretching! I didn't think they did that.

Pugs, don't worry about it! Your mom won't be able to see through a bra.

Nipple piercings are sexy. I love having my barbell played with, particularly oral play. Mr Pugs will love it! I haven't met a man who hasn't liked it yet!
LoveMyPugs
Culturehandy -

I'm SO psyched about it. I'm contemplating just going and having it done this weekend. Fuck waiting till spring break or my birthday. I am daydreaming about having one and having Mr. Pug play with it (after the healing time is over of course). I know him and I know he will just love it. Maybe I can talk him into it. I mean he did just spend all kinds of money on a Nintendo Wii so why can't I spend some money and get something I want right?? biggrin.gif

Also, thanks so much for your reply in the thread and the pm.

Seriously considering the vertical clitoral hood as well.
ginger_kitty
LMP, you could maybe start pierce your lobes at 5mm, but it's not really a piercing it's called dermal punching. I would think it would be pretty invasive and hard to heal. I'd just start with a 10 gauge(2 or 3 mm) or so and slowly work up, stretching is a process and shouldn't be rushed. I need to get off my ass and start stretching mine, I have always wanted to go a little bigger.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
culturehandy
VCH Best.Piercing.Ever.

Seriously.

The healing time was one month, didn't hurt when I got it done. My piercer said you're going to jump, but ti won't hurt. What she did is took some tubing (with a hole in the end, so the needle would not go anywhere else) and separated the hood from the actually clit, then peirced it. I jumped. Then walked back to work afterwards. It is great. Whether it be self pleasure or partner pleasure. Fuck. Shit. DAMN!
LoveMyPugs
Culture and Everyone Else!

I DID IT! I GOT BOTH MY NIPPLES PIERCED TONIGHT AND FUCK DID IT HURT!

I felt like they were on fire. There was this rush of heat to my little ladies. I did very well though. No lose of color or nausea. I ended up going with hoops because that’s what my piercer recommended. She's the professional so I have to trust her. She's never let me down before and she's renowned in my area. Since all of my bras are lacy I decided to get some cheap nursing pads to help cushion them for a few days. It feels like someone is tweaking my nipples constantly. They look great though. Mr. Pug really likes them. I'll keep you all posted on the healing process.

*skips from the room so excited and proud*
OreosMom
QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Mar 23 2007, 08:47 PM) *
Culture and Everyone Else!

I DID IT! I GOT BOTH MY NIPPLES PIERCED TONIGHT AND FUCK DID IT HURT!

I felt like they were on fire. There was this rush of heat to my little ladies. I did very well though. No lose of color or nausea. I ended up going with hoops because that’s what my piercer recommended. She's the professional so I have to trust her. She's never let me down before and she's renowned in my area. Since all of my bras are lacy I decided to get some cheap nursing pads to help cushion them for a few days. It feels like someone is tweaking my nipples constantly. They look great though. Mr. Pug really likes them. I'll keep you all posted on the healing process.

*skips from the room so excited and proud*

Congratulations! I know you're probably still pretty sore right now. If only I had the courage to get myne done. My eyebrow was nothing, the piercer talked to me the whole time about random stuff and before I knew it I was paying him and walking out the door. I think a hood piercing would be better for me versus getting my nipples done. Theres just something so sexy and appealing about a vajaja piercing.
culturehandy
Pugs, awesome! Once you can play with them, so much fun! Like I said, wait until the crusties heal before any sort of play. Keep 'em clean, and before you know it, you have lots of fun.

Le man, really likes to play with the pierced nipple.

Oreo'smom, CH piercings are so much fun, mine didn't hurt at all. I got it done at lunch, then walked back to work!
LoveMyPugs
So far so good. I’m sticking to a strict cleaning regime and I think they are doing well. I’m finally able to sleep without my bra. I also stopped using the nursing pads. You don’t realize how often you pinch your nipples in everyday activities until you have them pierced. Maybe it’s just because I’m big busted. Anyway, four days later things are going well.
culturehandy
Be careful about getting them caught on anything while you are getting dressed. I remember when i was putting my bra on one time and it got caught on the freshly peirced nipple. I just about passed out from the pain! It was terrible!
LoveMyPugs
CH -

Yesterday morning I kinda snagged it on my t-shirt while rolling over half asleep. I know what you mean by almost passing out afterwards. It hurt like a bitch. Not only does it hurt but it's just a strange sensation having your nipple pulled on from the inside like that if that makes sense. Ok, I'm off to Sociology.
culturehandy
rudderless,

Are the crusties gone? If not, then no play.
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(maddy29 @ Jun 12 2006, 11:43 AM) *
Can I ask what will probably seem like a dumb question? Why do people like getting pierced? How can someone say that getting a certain piercing in a certain area is so amazing. I just don't get it. I don't have my ears pierced. I don't see what the appeal of it is. So, why?

Maddy -

I was reading back into this thread and I saw your post and I know it's nine months later but I wanted to respond. I found some interesting reasons why people get pierced when I did a little research.

I like what Wikipedia has to say.

Some people practice piercing for religious or other cultural reasons, while many individuals, particularly in the modern West, choose to be pierced for spiritual, ornamental, or sexual reasons. Attitudes towards piercing vary. Some regard the practice of piercing or of being pierced as spiritual, sometimes embracing the term "modern primitive", while others deride this view as insulting, as cultural appropriation, or as trendy. Some see the practice as a form of artistic or self-expression. Others choose to be pierced as a form of sexual expression, or to increase sexual sensitivity. Some people choose to be pierced for symbolic reasons. For example, some survivors of sexual abuse have said that they experience piercing as allowing them to retake control over their own bodies. Some people choose to be pierced to symbolize certain relationships. While some people consider body modification to be a sign of non-conformity, others deride body piercing as trendy, but this isn't always the case. This leads to prejudice or cognitive bias against those with piercings or visible signs of past piercings.

I don't really relate to any of the reasons Wikipedia gives. I recently got my nipples pierced and I can tell you that it was "an experience". My mom asked me afterwards, "Why do you pierce yourself?" I told her that it makes me feel like a stronger person. Sort of like, if I can stand the pain of being pierced I can stand just about anything. It really puts small irritating shit into perspective. Does that make sense?

j'ai un vagin
i had heard that piercing the nips can also go reverse and make you lose some sensitivity? and what about if you want to have another kid and breastfeed, does it mess that up?
i got a vch which i love cause its so cute but it really didn't add any thing sensationwise, maybe I will add a triangle? anyone know much about those?
sorry about all the questions...=)
LoveMyPugs
Last night my pug scratched my new nipple piercing through my nightshirt. It hurt and made my stomach turn a little. It sucked. This morning there was a tinge of blood. It doesn't hurt now so I think I'm ok.
j'ai un vagin
yeeeeouch! =(
so is the sensitivity just insane?
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(j @ Apr 2 2007, 06:04 AM) *
I had heard that piercing the nips could also go reverse and make you lose some sensitivity? And what about if you want to have another kid and breastfeed, does it mess that up?
I got a vch, which I love, cause it’s so cute but it really didn't add any thing sensation wise, maybe I will add a triangle? Anyone know much about those?
sorry about all the questions...=)

I asked my pierce about the loose of sensitivity and she said she's been piercing for many, many years and has never met someone who lost sensation. They always gain or stay the same. There is no medical proof that piercing the nipples will mess up breastfeeding. You just need to remove the jewelry while feeding your baby because there is a choking hazard. I really suggest if you have any questions about nipple piercing that you read back into this thread because the topic is really covered thoroughly. Also, about.com covers the topic very well.

QUOTE(j @ Apr 4 2007, 07:26 AM) *
yeeeeouch! =(
so is the sensitivity just insane?

Um...for me...I wouldn't call the sensitivity insane. They get harder more often and quicker. Just the slightest shiver or chill and they are up and saying hello. I never had much sensitivity to begin with anyway. Mr. Pug had to be really rough with them in order to get them to do much and now I think he'll be able to be much gentler and get a much better reaction. Hope that was helpful.
crazyoldcatlady
pugs, you're almost the kick in the pants i need to go get mine done. i think it's gonna be my left. i'm trying to get up the courage, i've been pinching it in the shower to see how much i can take wink.gif

i had a male friend who got his nip pierced, and he said he lost a little bit o' sensitivity in it, but he also got an infection and had a few minor complications.
LoveMyPugs
CCC-

do them both at once and get it over with. I almost stopped at one and I'm SOOOO glad I didn't.

Sorry so short but I gotta get to sleep!
j'ai un vagin
oh yes it was helpful, thank you =)
i want to get mine done sometime just need to find a piercer i can trust.
LoveMyPugs
Your best bet is to talk to people you know who have been pierced. Ask where they went and what they thought of the experience. Check out their website and the shop before getting it done. Talk to the piercer. Trust your instincts. A good friend once told me that if you've heard one bad thing about a piercer then go with someone else (thanks CH). That is the best advice I can give you.
culturehandy
Aww pugs thanks *blushes*

It is true though, if you hear something bad about a piercer, uhhh, I'd run far far away. I go to a place run by women, and there are only women who work there. They have a nurse on staff who also does piercings (she did my VCH) and when I got my left nipple done, the piercer consulted with her to ensure that I was getting the piercing done on the best possible place.

Pugs, how is the healing process going?
j'ai un vagin
thanks for the info and that is a great thing for a piercing place to have, a nurse! I've always wondered, I mean a piercer usually has to have some sort of training but I know alot just go do it without being trained...eeeeks.
Id like to go back to the piercer who did my vch but he moved....BAH!!!
culturehandy
It was a very positive experience, I went to be doctor and we had a chat about it, too. She was concerned about pain during intercourse, I told her all was well.
LoveMyPugs
Just wanted to drop a note that the last few days I've been using cold salt water on my nipples instead of warm and it's working a million times better. I called the piercer and she said this is fine. She said to just listen to my body. The cold water seems to sooth more and also soften the crusties faster allowing me to slide the rings through easier. They aren't sore anymore either. Happy Girls!
culturehandy
Pugs good to hear that things are improving.

Once you are healed, you'll want to show them off, and they are sexy. I've not had any complaints thus far.
LoveMyPugs
culture - once they've healed I'll shoot ya a picture. Right now they are all crusty most of the time. The only time they look good is right after I've cleaned them. They really are doing much better now. I'm happy cause I was worried there for a while. Thanks for all your advice, concern and support.
culturehandy
sweet. Also don't be freaked out if you look at your nipples and you see them oozing a small amount of milky liquid, this is normal. The first time it happened to me, I freaked out and hauled ass over to the peircer. It was nothing.

Are you going to get your VCH done?
LoveMyPugs
you told me that before and i'm so glad that you did because last night it happened. had you not told me i probably would have paniced but i was prepared. i just soaked them good with the salt water.

mr. pug is already irritated enough that he can't touch my nipples i don't know what he'd do if i got my vch done, a friend of mine has her done and she said she had sex five days later, how long are you supposed to wait do you know?
culturehandy
The peircer said you could have sex right away, just make sure you use a condom, and make sure that you don't use fingers or mouth. It took about one month to heal. I think I had sex three and a half weeks afterwards.
LoveMyPugs
the girls are a little itchy today. not sore but itchy. i'm trying to itch everywhere except the actual nipple. AHHHH driving me crazy.
culturehandy
scratch around the nipple, it will help. Or take a moist, warm cloth and put it on your nipple. Itching is good, it's healing on the inside.
shannon
I saw a friend get her nipples pierced and that was too much for me...i was the one clutching my boobs as i saw hers get pierced. Since then I have no desire to get them done...i definitely applaud those who can.

I thought about a clit piercing but that was mostly when i was dating guys who really didn't do much down there and the extra stimuli would have been nice. I'm a bit glad i didn't now...looking back on it.

I have had my tongue pierced for almost 7 years now and still love it. Plus the guys love it too and giving oral with it, definitely makes it more erotic in my mind.

I've had lip and eyebrow but those came out a couple months after having them...just more for fun.

With any piercing, I go to the same piercer who i trust with my life. Even though i'm thousands of miles away i'd still go back to them. And with piercings, I always make sure I have sea salts in the house...i have't needed it in years but it's good to have around just in case the piercing gets irritated and needs quicker healing.
dani837
Hmmm Ive been thinking about getting my nipples pierced! but im worried about two things: first, many people i asked their opinion about it said it looks trashy ( I don't think so!) and second, i ALWAYS wear tight tanktops and bikinis. Wouldn't the pierced nipples be noticeable , especially witht he bikinis? what if my dad asks me why I suddenly have 6 nipples?!?! oh the horror!
A guy friend just told me that a girl with their nipples pierced wouldn't be the kind of girl he would introduce to his mom :'(
bs in my opinion, i bet he and any guy would do it anyway!
culturehandy
If you are wearing a bra you won't be able to see the barbell, with a bathing suit, the thicker material would conceal it.

Nipple piercings aren't trashy at all. I heart mine. Besides, you are doing it to your body, fuck what everyone else thinks, they aren't the ones doing it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.