Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Piercings
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
LoveMyPugs
I'm with culture on this one. Nipple piercings are not trashy. I like mine a lot. They do take a long time to heal. I've had mine about ten weeks and they still get crusties on them and need to be cleaned once or twice a day. I don't have barbells I have hoops. I am big busted and when I wear a seamless bra and a thin shirt or tank top you can see my nipple and the ball on the hoop through my shirt. It doesn't look like muliple nipples. It just looks like pierced nipples. I've had some of my guy friends point it out to me but then I just point out that they were looking in the first place. No one has ever said I'm trashy for having them. Mostly I get a lot of, "Man, you are brave." or "I bet that hurt." or "Shit, I could never do that." I like having them. I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks. It's my body. My parents know I have mine done and they didn't care. Go for it. Just know you'll have to really take care of them for a while.
treehugger
I have one of my nipples pierced...I should get the other one done one of these days! Anyway, I have a horizontal barbell in mine and with a tight tee shirt or tank top, even wearing a sports bra, you can see it. But, like others have said, somebody has to actually LOOK, closely, to see it and then you could turn it around on them....

"and what the HELL were you doing checking out my nips?"...hehe

And at my age I could give a fig what people think. Mostly people think it's cool...although my aunt who is seventy just started laughing at me. We're really close, anyway.

I've had mine, I suppose about ten months or so...I was gonna wait a year and change out the barbell to a hoop...I do think Bear'd enjoy playing with a hoop.

As for the kind of girl you'd "take to meet your mother"...well, my guess is that he will forget he ever said that once a woman he LOVES has pierced nipples.

And, yes, they are one of the piercings that take longer to heal.
crazyoldcatlady
i talked to a piercer about the nip pierce, and i wanted a barbell to start out with, and she said they only do hoops b/c it's easier to rotate/clean when you're first starting out. is that true?

i didn't really like the place; i felt like she was bullshitting me, but all the photo albums had pictures of women with nip hoops so i don't know.

still getting up the ovaries to go do it. i've moved from pre-contemplative to the contemplative stage, and i have told my friends in an effort to verbalize/solidify my intentions. i pluck my areolar hairs, so i can take a large-ass needle through the nipple, right? smile.gifsmile.gif
kiss_the_fiddler
Heya, do we have a tat and inked thread here? I want a new tat. On my back. A nice big one. I don't trust anyone here in my town to do it though. Any of you have tats?
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Jun 4 2007, 08:45 PM) *
i talked to a piercer about the nip pierce, and i wanted a barbell to start out with, and she said they only do hoops b/c it's easier to rotate/clean when you're first starting out. is that true?

i didn't really like the place; i felt like she was bullshitting me, but all the photo albums had pictures of women with nip hoops so i don't know.

still getting up the ovaries to go do it. i've moved from pre-contemplative to the contemplative stage, and i have told my friends in an effort to verbalize/solidify my intentions. i pluck my areolar hairs, so i can take a large-ass needle through the nipple, right? smile.gifsmile.gif

crazyoldcatlady -

My piercer said the same thing. I got hoops and they are very easy to rotate once you soak them or get the soapy. I'm glad I got them. Culture would be the one to ask about cleaning the bars cause that what she has. I'd like to get bars when mine are healed. I'm not crazy about the way the hoops look. I think the bars would look better but for now I'm sticking with the hoops.

i'm not so sure about the comparison of pulling a hair out of your areola to having a needle shoved through it is completely accurate though. my nip piercings hurt and i'm not even kidding. very sharp pain.
culturehandy
When I got my nip done, I was under strictest of instructions not to rotate them. So I didn't. the only difference between barbells and hoops is price, at least where I went. The barbells were more expensive. Cleaning is cleaning. You are going to get crusties regardless of what you get. You soak your tit is salt water to clean it. It's all the same.

As for pain, it hurt. Of course, I then got the VCH and now I have the itch to pierce something else, I'm just not too sure what. dry.gif
treehugger
blink.gif yeah, I can't compare it to plucking an areola hair...I'm czechoslovakian and we're hairy and I've plucked PLENTY of them...and, yeah, a nipple piercing hurts more. For longer. But I'm not discouraging you! I just want you to be prepared.

Sport bras felt better for me during the healing period.

Pugs, I think I went through pretty much the same cleaning regimen as you, just soak in salt water once or twice per day...the only difference was I'd take a q-tip and clean the crusties off of each side, where the balls are. I'm considering changing out to a hoop in a couple months just cause I think it'd make a better plaything, hehe

So, now with my VCH piercing, I found a store that sells sea salt pretty reasonable, I can get enough to do a whole bathtub for just over a dollar, so I'm indulging myself with salt water baths. It's pretty nice. I figure, hey, it's cheaper than cable, even, at $30.00 per month. Heh.

Yes, we do have a tattoo/ink thread and it's in Ab Fad. I bumped it for you, kiss the fiddler.
culturehandy
I also did the salt water soak for the nip.

The VCH I just took warm water and rinsed it off every time I went to the washroom. It healed faster then the nip.

I went online to see what else I could do, and there are more genital peircings I can do, I'm just contemplating now, as I don't want to get anything on my face done.

Either that or I'm going to put small plugs in my ears. Maybe.
crazyoldcatlady
CODE
i'm not so sure about the comparison of pulling a hair out of your areola to having a needle shoved through it is completely accurate though. my nip piercings hurt and i'm not even kidding. very sharp pain.

yeah i know it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker, i was just being cheeky.

but while we're on the subject of nip hairs.... treehugger, i'm part czech, too. i was pretty sure i was (aside from my sister) the only person who had wooly areolae (and i've seen some tittage in my day). the czech comment just made me go, "OOOOh, that explains it!"
treehugger
CH...I think you need to get your OTHER nipple done. Get yerself a matching set.

oooo, cocl...another czechie in the room! We can share the joys of bushy caterpillar eyebrows and fuzzy areolas! smile.gif

I just was at my mother's house cleaning it out, we had to move her into assisted living...I saw a pic of myself in high school, before I started plucking my eyebrows, and, OMG...I had caterpillars growing on my forehead!

But I can tell, even worse is coming...as I get older I am getting chin hairs. Noticable ones. Blech. I'm thinking about checking out electrolysis.

I'm really liking the salt water baths. Very soothing. And I can tell the VCH piercing is healing much faster than the nip piercing.

Anybody know how long I should wait before changing out my nipple jewelry? I'd like to get a CBR... I got the piercing last July.
culturehandy
tree, I was thinking of getting some other genital peircings, I don't know yet, it'll put me out of commission for a while, but they all look so sexy.

In terms of the CBR, it's been almost a year, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get it changed.
josje
can anyone suggest a tip for inserting a curved nosering? I can't figure it out and it is soooooo frustrating!
phobia
Josje, all I can tell you is go to a piercing place, and they can help you get it in. I have a ring in mine, and have had since I got it done (11 years ago? really?!), so I'm not much help on that tongue.gif

I was told the same thing about my nipple piercings (ring for ease of cleaning), and I thought I'd switch them out for barbells, too, but I really got to liking the way they look. I've had mine for, let's see, for maybe nine or ten years? Does that sound right? I think I got the first one done when I lived in the dorms (!), so yeah. That seems right. Yikes. I am old!

Culturehandy -- I had small plugs for a while -- I actually had my ears punched then stretched, but I never wound up really warming to them. I thought they would look a lot cooler than they did sad.gif I took them out and my ears look mostly normal now, although I would like to get nice thick CBRs for them. It's kind of fun to have big holes, because I can stick things in them -- My favorite is (clean) bicycle spokes biggrin.gif Anyway, it hurt a whole lot to have done, and I never would up being as in love with them as I am with my other piercings, but that's just my story.
LustfullyPink
Josje is it the kind that looks like an "L"? If so, stick it in all the way to the curve, position it to where the excess metal is going to be more comfortable (My suggestion is having the jewel facing down towards your feet) then push in along the curve, (kind of an up and in motion?) and that should do it. I think I can probably come up with a more comprehensive guide, if that doesn't make any sense. Just tell me.
josje
QUOTE(LustfullyPink @ Jun 21 2007, 12:12 PM) *
Josje is it the kind that looks like an "L"? If so, stick it in all the way to the curve, position it to where the excess metal is going to be more comfortable (My suggestion is having the jewel facing down towards your feet) then push in along the curve, (kind of an up and in motion?) and that should do it. I think I can probably come up with a more comprehensive guide, if that doesn't make any sense. Just tell me.

yeah, that really helps, thanks ya'll
LustfullyPink
You're welcome gorgeous! smile.gif
culturehandy
Anyone have any experience in labia piercing? I'm going to get my minora done and I'm just wondering if anyone has had this done.
erinjane
Culture, can I ask where you go for your piercings? I'm thinking about getting my nipples done. My usual place is soul survivors and I've heard the new-ish lady piercer is quite good.
crazyoldcatlady
so, if i get a tit piercing, how much is it going to eff up my workout/running routine? i still haven't bit the bullet on this, i feel like a poseur i've been mulling it so long...
culturehandy
Erinjane I got to Metamorphisis, Diane is a registered nurse who has been doing piercings for ever. They are very good there, I love it! I recommend this to anyone considering body piercings.

Crazyoldcatlady, I didn't work out for a little while, the piercer told me that you can work out when you feel comfortable doing so, as your sweat isn't dirty. It's just the discomfort until your nipples start to heal.
crazyoldcatlady
yeah ch, i was worried about the bouncing aspect. i'm half-heartedly looking around my area for a good shop, but it's a small town. i'll probably have to get drunk, black out, find myself in vegas, and say hey, i should get that piercing i've always wanted.

you're not in montreal perchance, are you?
NocturnalCatie
I have my nipples pierced, and I have no problems with the "bouncing" issue. And having large breasts, they tend to bounce. laugh.gif I don't wear rings, though. Mostly because I had them in the first time 'round in my nipples, and the weight of my boobs/bra ending up pushing down on the rings, and pulling it forward. That "cheese wire" situation that people get. Had to take them out and get it done all over again!
I actually had a question. I had a slightly lowered tongue pierced for a LONG time. It had drifted slightly, but hadn't really moved out of place, no discomfort, or problems according to several piercers. I was always in love with the idea of multiple tongue piercings and actually got a second one done. Here's where the problem begins. I hadn't noticed but the piercer had put the second barbell too close behind the first one. It wasn't even on the guide-point he had placed! At first, despite my worries, it healed fine, and there were no problems. However, over the last couple of years, it had slowly, but surely pushed itself forward. This, of course, caused the original piercing to also push forward and made it sit very painfully against my teeth and gums. I ended up taking them out becasue the original holes and scar tissue was a mess. sad.gif
here's the question, I want this done again, but in a higher more spaced condition. Do you guys think the old mangled scar tissue will be a problem?
culturehandy
Crazyoldcatlady, I'm in Winnipeg.

NocturnalCatie, I would think that a good piercer would be able to work around that, unless you have a really small tongue.
snarky7
busties, any suggestions out there for the never-healing belly ring? i've had mine now for about 9 or 10 months and it still does the oozie thing fairly regularly... any suggestions? i've tried saline and alcohol and it still is oozie....
LoveMyPugs
snarky -

are you using saline or sea salt and water? I don't think you are supposed to use alcohol either. I used a quarter teaspoon in eight ounces of water. My sister prefers warm water for her piercings where I prefer cold. I'd try the sea salt and water solution in a shot glass and let it soak for ten mintues once or twice a day.

My nipple piercings aren't even four months old yet and they are healing so nicely. I'm now just washing them once a day when I shower with antibacterial soap. I haven't had to soak them for a long time.

Hopefully, Culturehandy will stop in and be of some real help. She's the expert in my opinion. Everything she told me was right on.

Good luck.

P.S.

Here is the info my piercer gave me...

Wildcard Studios
New PIERCING Care Sheet

ALWAYS make sure you wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching your piercing.

Your new piercing should be cleaned once or twice a day unless activities require more (exercising, sweating, etc.).

You may notice a dry, crusty build up on your piercing which is common. To remove build up, rinse thoroughly with warm water. DO NOT PICK it off as this can tear new tissue and delay healing.

After rinsing off build up, lather antibacterial soap around piercing. Slide jewelry back and forth a few times when washing to distribute soap through the piercing and then again when rinsing to remove all soap residue. Warm saltwater compresses can be used between washings to help clean and soothe, especially if new piercing is sensitive or sore. DO NOT USE contact solution. It may say "saline" on it, but it is much more than just saline solution. It contains chemicals which should not be introduced into the body. Unless it is hospital grade, pure saline, it is intended for external use only, and should not be used on open wounds.

DO NOT turn jewelry unless washing. Too much turning can irritate and/or cause unnecessary swelling.

DO NOT USE: alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide, which can over dry, nor should you use petroleum jelly based ointments or creams (Neosporin, Vaseline, etc.) which can clog piercing and block air passage which is essential to healing.

Avoid tight clothing (belts, stockings, tight jeans, etc.) as they can rub and pull, irritating the piercing.

snarky7
thanks, pugs, i should go back to the sea salt... maybe a week of it or more? i've definitely made that part of the routine in the past, but didn't quite work... maybe i'm not mixing it right? or not soaking it long enough or something?
erinjane
Alcohol is a no no for piercings. When I had my vertical labret done I was told alcohol is one of the worst things you can use because it dries everything out and makes you more susceptible to infection.

And I have a question about my vertical labret. I don't know if anyone else has one, or a lip piercing, but if you do:
I still get crusties on the bottom of mine. They're really just a minor annoyance, but I have to clean them off at least once a day, and sometimes more. Is this normal? I never thought to ask because I always figured it was, but I don't know anyone else IRL who has this piercing. Does anyone know of anyway to get rid of the crusties? I might try salt water soaks.
LoveMyPugs
erinjane - I guess it really all depends on how long you've had it. I don't have one but I'm sure you could ask your piercer how much longer you can expect to have crusties. I still get them on my nipple rings but my piercer told me I could have them for a long time so I've just gotten used to seeing them everyday.
erinjane
Ah, I forgot to add that. I've had it almost 3 years which is why I asked. It's never looked infected, and it only gets painful if I play with it too much (once every couple of months) but other than the crusties, it seems perfectly healthy.
culturehandy
Bumping for myself, headed home from work, I'll come and offer my advice later.
phobia
So...I'm thinking of gauging up the nipple rings as well as getting a ring with a smaller diameter. Any experience? What kind of healing time am I looking at?
culturehandy
I agree with all of what Pugs said, except that I would not use an anti bacterial soap at all. I was advised to use glycerin based, unscented soap.

snarky, Iam curious as to what your jewellery is made out of, it may be that your body doesn't like metal.

Erin, I'd head back to a piercer and make sure that all was well, just to be on the safe side, granted it's been three years, but better to be safe than sorry.

phobia, I've still got the original barbells. I'd predict that you may be a little tender if you are going up in size, but not going down in size.

I still get the occasional crusties on my barbells. Not so much anymore, though.
snarky7
hey culture- thanks for that - i actually switched up my original belly ring for a new one about 2 weeks ago...after the initial "break-in" period, it is looking much better and has much less gunk on it.... maybe it was the metal.....

thx.
culturehandy
What was was the previuos barbell mad out of? what about the new one?

If you've got an allergy to Nickel, that rules surgical steel out... you can get plastic and bone jewlery. among other things.
erinjane
So I think I'm gonna go get myself a nose stud piercing this weekend. I love the look of nose rings on everyone else, but I just don't think a ring would suit me, so I'm going for a small stud instead.
rainface
I got my nose pierced on tuesday and I can't believe I didn't get it done a long time ago. I am really happy with it. I got a barbell put in instead of a stud so the part inside my nose has a little ball on it and doesn't stab me when my nose gets bumped.
No one at work has noticed it or said anything and my friend says that is because I just look like the kind of person who has always had my nose pierced rolleyes.gif
erinjane
I had the same thing happen to me with my vertical labret. Lots of people don't notice i have it done, or they'll notice, but then 6 months later ask me when I got it done (3 years ago).

I'm still going to go get my nose done, but I'm going to wait until next weekend because i'm still fighting off a bit of a cold. I figure it should be gone in a week or so.
culturehandy
Erinjane, where are you going to get the piercing?

I got my labia pierced. I'm a fan now that it's healing up well.
erinjane
I think soul survivors. They did my last piercing so I'm pretty comfortable with them.

culturehandy
I've never been there, I started with metamorphysis, and I was so impressed that I've kept on going there.
LoveMyPugs
deleted
culturehandy
I would absolutely go the route of barbells. I noticed with my labia that the hoop seems a little more irritated, of course I don't have any other option when it comes to labia piercings. dry.gif
erinjane
My barbell is straight. I've seen it done with a curved barbell but I don't really like the way those ones look. I know a girl who has one and sometimes it will turn around and make the piercing look off centre. I think I recall being told that a straight one is "safer" but I don't know how much of a difference it really makes.

CH, i've only been to soul survivors myself. I think it's the closest reputable place to me, so I've never bothered heading anywhere else. Same as you, always impressed, so stuck there. smile.gif
culturehandy
Erin, that's pretty much all that matters. If you are happy then onwards! I got most of my piercings done during the lunch hour when I work in the exchange, so it was so close by, and after the first one that whole great impression thing. When are you getting your nose done?
erinjane
I went this afternoon and got it done. It's done with a metal stud right now because they didn't have any jewelled studs in. I'm going back in 6 weeks to get it changed, but I wanted the actual piercing done now because I start soccer in a few weeks and wanted everything to be healed.

LustfullyPink
Oooh I love the nose piercing, Erinjane, looks great.

I was actually gonna get a vertical labret last night, but then I realized once concert season starts, playing the clarinet would be very hard...

So instead I got my bellybutton done. It didn't hurt at all. Didn't turn red, didn't swell, it's going awesome.
erinjane
Too bad you couldn't get the vertical labret. It's hard to say if that would really be an issue with the clarinet. I have a feeling that once everything was healed and comfortable it would work. I know that the top ball on mine has made a cozy little hole in the top of my lip and it nestles in there nicely. But then again, I still don't like eating apples from the core because the pressure can be uncomfortable.
culturehandy
Erin, the piercing looks great! The labret totally suits you too!
culturehandy
It's me again,

so I have test driven the labia piercing with two men and myself, it's going good! I had a man go down on me with it, it's fun. He liked it. the other one liked the look too. Now that the swelling has gone down, the hoop just hangs out a little. It's pretty much hidden by my outer labia.

So all went well. next up, I don't know what to pierce, I'm thinking it's time for tattoos.
phobia
Ok so speaking of labia piercings, I have always been really fascinated by the idea of getting my outer lip(s) pierced, but I hate shaving and find it very irritating. I assume you have to shave the area for the piercing, but how long do you have to keep the forest trimmed down? Maybe it's just not something I'm going to wind up doing, but I think about it a lot!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.