Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Piercings
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
culturehandy
Phobia, there is going to be itching regardless, the healing process will make your pussy hella itchy, as well the growth when you shave. I also replied to you in the fun with floggers thread about a wonderful alternative.

It usually takes about 2 months for the minora to heal, everyone is different, I still get a bit of pain occassionally.
girltrouble
wow... ej you make that piercing look so cute i almost wanna get one... but i am thinking i want to get that piercing in the cheek dimples... anyone know what that is called, or how long it takes to heal? i hate anything being sore in my mouth (god that sounds dirty), so if it's too long i may ixnay it.
LoveMyPugs
gt - i hear ya girl. if i get a cold sore in my mouth i am the biggest cry baby. on the other hand i do have my tongue pierced and although it was very sore for about five days it healed rather quickly. i've had it for seven years now.
culturehandy
GT, cheek piercings usually take about 8 - 12 weeks to heal. Lots of aftercare. In terms of soaking in sea salt, etc.

Pugs, did you get your hoops changed to bar bells yet?

I've got a hankering to get something pierced, again. I just don't know what, maybe my other labia? That just seems like I would have too much vagina bling.
girltrouble
that sounds... i don't know how that sounds... 3 months i don't mind, but my job is so dirty... hmmm...

daddy says i ought to get a lab-rat, i'm not against it. i'd just rather get the other ones... but i can always wear a particulate mask if i wear a labrat.
LoveMyPugs
Culture - not yet. I'm procrastinating. Let me try to explain. The hoops don't rotate unless they are wet and or soapy. I'm afraid to get them taken out and barbells put in. How are they going to take the hoops out? Just rip them out and shove in the barbells? I know I can just go ask my piercer. She's so great that she'll explain everything before she makes a move. I'm just being a chicken shit. I'll probably go this week. Maybe Friday unsure.gif
culturehandy
Pugs, how long have you had them done? I guarentee chaning the jewelery won't hurt like the piercing did. i had my barbell cleaned maybe a month or so after the piercing and it didn't hurt.
LoveMyPugs
ch - it's been like 7 months now. i'm just being silly. i know it. i just need to go do it. my right one bothers me the most. it's really irritating. i think because i'm so big busted. they don't breath in my bra. they are just crammed all day. poor little things. when i take my bra off they are like *whosh of air*, "Thank God we are FREEEEEEEEEE!" laugh.gif

Mr. Pug's mom was telling me that she takes her bra off first thing when she walks into her house for the evening. I told her, "Shit, mine comes off in the car sometimes when I'm on my way home." I'm trying to unclasp it on my way up the front steps of my house.

dry.gif fucking bras mad.gif hate hate hate them. They are up there on my hate list with pantyhose. Women should get together and have bra and pantyhose bonfire. burn them all.
crazyoldcatlady
yeah LMP! fuck pantyhose!!!! i can't for the life of me think of a practical reason to wear them. at least the good 'ole tit-sling help the jollies from whapping against my chin when i run.

and hey, i'm an equal opportunity fashionist. i think neckties are re-cock-ulous.
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Oct 29 2007, 07:58 PM) *
and hey, i'm an equal opportunity fashionist. i think neckties are re-cock-ulous.

laugh.gif

Mr. Pug hates shirts with collars and tuxedos as well!
culturehandy
Pugs, I'm thinking that barbells would be a much better option for you. They just don't get in the way at all.
beck
hi piercing busties! i have a question - i had my tragus pierced a couple of months ago, i kept it clean and didn't have much trouble - it got a bit sore once but cleared up quickly with some (very) dilute hydrogen peroxide. It's healed nicely now - except that there is kind of a bump next to the piercing. this is a very bad description i know - but has anyone experienced this? it's not an infection or swelling, more like maybe some scar tissue - normal colour and not red, itchy or sore. will it go down or is it permanent? it's not hideous or hugely noticeable but i'd still prefer it not to be there! anyone experienced the same thing?

thanks!
LoveMyPugs
beck - i'd go back to your piercer and show him/her. get their professional advice.

ch - got my barbells today. they are great. like them so much better. no pain at all putting them in.
erinjane
I had something similar pop up randomly 2 years ago with my vertical labret. It was a year old when it showed up and I couldn't get it to go away. I went to my piercer and they gave me more of the soap that you initially get when you're pierced and it was gone within 3 days. So I second pugs, and say go back to your piercer and get them to look at it.
culturehandy
I agree, beck, get thee to your piercer.

Pugs, glad that the barbells are working out better for you. I have always preferred barbells, I think they look better than hoops and feel better, too.
LoveMyPugs
ch - my piercer chose the hoopes because she said they are easier to clean. just soap them up then rotate (not flip) them to distribute the soap throughout the piercing. then rotate with clean water to remove soap. she said she doesn't like to change them out until at least six to nine months later. i was just passed seven months so she said barbells would be fine and that i'd probably like them a lot more. she said the hoops are very annoying. she has d-rings that were kinda cool. I might try them in a couple months. She said she'd have to order some cause she didn't have a set in stock.

I was worried because they don't really don't slide unless they are wet and/or soapy. She soaked them with a cotton ball and salt water to remove the little bit of build up I had then she used an A&D ointment to lubricate it a bit to slide it out then she slid the barbells in. It was so easy. I was nervous it was going to hurt. Now it's like I don't even know they are there. The hoops would flip and snag on EVERYTHING! So glad I switched them out first. I was getting so tired of them I was thinking of just taking them the out all together. Glad I didn't.

How is your labia piercing? Did that one hurt when you got it done? I would think it would cause it's such a thick piece of skin (at least on me it would be). smile.gif
culturehandy
Pugs, glad to hear that things worked out for you.

The labia is doing fantabulous! Healed up nicely, fucked quite a few times with it, that one is more aesthetic, but it is fun to have it tugged on. It was a fairly easy piercing, still thin skin as I got the minora, not the majora. It was the afterwards that kind of hurt. Even then it was the irritation because of the swelling. Now that all is well, it's fun to look at, and it sits between the majora nicely, so all you see is the ball, you don't see the whole hoop.
jsmith
Squeeeeeee!! Just got my nipples done! It wasn't too terrible, and I'm so glad I did it!
culturehandy
jsmith, congrats! Did you get hoops or barbells?
jsmith
Thanks! I got CBRs. I can't wait until I can wear shields!
culturehandy
I found a shield that has dangly hand cuffs. would go well with SM I'm into. heh.
jsmith
It seems like CBRs are the default jewelry piercers use.
But I have a question: My rings don't sit nice and flat, they kind of pop out. I've been wearing a snug bra in order to keep the rings from flipping up and hurting/stretching. But wearing the bra pushes the rings down flat. Can this cause the rings to start migrating? I'd really hate for this to happen, I like the piercings. And they were kind of expensive.
TIA
dj-bizmonkey
this might be a ridiculous question, but do you think there should be some sort of age limit to when you get a piercing? i'm 25, and i'm DYING to get my nose pierced, but for whatever reason, i feel like i'm too old. am i just being stupid? i should just do it, right?
LoveMyPugs
dj-bizmonkey - no i don't think 25 is too old. I'm 25 and got my nipples pierced this year. go for it.

jsmith - i hated the hoops. they were such a pain in the ass. especially cause i'm so big chested. they'd just move and twist and flip and were always so irritated. my right one migrated just a tiny bit but now, seven months later, i got barbells and they look and feel a million times better. i'd say leave the hoops in cause they are easier to take care of but as soon as your piercer thinks it's okay i'd switch to barbells.
culturehandy
I don't think 25 is too old, where I am, you HAVE to be 18 at most shops, and at some, it doesn't matter if you have your parents with you, 18 no ifs ands or buts.

As for hoops, the only hoop I have is my labia, I really don't like the look of hoops in nipples, and I have no experience with them. Sorry!
jsmith
I just learned that if a CBR sticks up, then it's the wrong diameter. Makes sense.
I changed them for barbells tonight, myself.. stupid, yes, but it went very easily. No bleeding, no difficulty getting CBRs out or the bars in, no pain - just an interesting little twinge biggrin.gif. I think I'll have an easy time of cleaning the bars. They're long enough that I can see the stem on both sides, and when the area is wet (like after a shower) they slide very easily.
I feel like the CBRs would've caused me problems (mainly migration), and I'm glad they're out.
So, did y'all have a way of keeping the knee-poles from getting too dry? I use sea-salt soaks and Satin soap to clean mine, and they're already starting to dry out a little.
dj-bizmonkey, 25 isn't too old at all. I don't think anyone is too old for something if they really want it. If you want it, go for it!
culturehandy
jsmith, use a glycerin based soap. The salt is okay. I also slept with a bra on until they were healed. Do NOT use anything alcohol based (like sea breeze, rubbing alcohol, or peroxide on them).
jsmith
Ah, thank you! Is there a brand name I can look for?
beck
dj i don't think 25 is too old either - i first had mine done at 18 but had to take it out when i worked in france (they were super-conservative). i got it re-done when i was about 23 and switched a year or 2 ago to a ring instead of a little stud. I'm 27 now and just got my tragus done. I think I'm done with piercings for the time being but only because I'm running out of things i want done. I like nipples a lot but am trying to get pregnant and think new nipple piercings + breast feeding is probably not a good plan (although have heard lots of people with established piercings that had no trouble), so i might wait for those. i'd say go for it!
beck
PS pugs i love the jewelry on that site!
culturehandy
jamith, neutrogena makes a good glycerin based soap. You can go with anything so long as it's unscented. Don't twist them either, at least that's the advice i got.

The soap really helps, and you can always toss some episom salts in the bath once a week.
dj-bizmonkey
thanks ladies! i think i may have to take the plunge. i live next door to a piercing/tatoo parlour and it is beckoning to me. here's my next question: do i have to get a hoop when i first get it pierced? i really just want a tiny stud, but i've heard those are more prone to infection when you first get it done. any thoughts?
jsmith
Thanks culturehandy, the gals are already feeling better. So's my face happy.gif
culturehandy
DJ, I'd go with what a piercer recommends first, you can always change the jewellery once you are healed up.

Jsmith, not a problem, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
beck
when i had it done first time i switched right away to a tiny stud. it was fine but i did find it closed up very quickly (like less than a day) when i had to take it out for work. might be that a thicker one would stay open a bit longer if you plan on taking it out sometimes.
candycane_girl
dj, I have a nose ring and when I was first pierced the guy said that a ring does tend to heal better than a stud (which was great cause I wanted a ring anyway). I had to wash it and rotate it twice a day and there was a bit of gunk at first so I think the fact that it was a ring just made it easier to clean.
erinjane
DJ, I was recently pierced with a stud which gave me zero problems with cleaning. I haven't had any problems cleaning it. I just use a q-tip inside my nose at the base of the stud, and another one outside the nose. This is what my stud looks like:
http://www.mspiercing.com/Product/Sterling...-disk-3482.aspx
thatgirlkelly
anyone out there with a clit hood piercing who has given birth? did you have the ring removed before delivery? I've had my piercing for 15 plus years and haven't really conisdered whether it should be taken out in this situation.
culturehandy
generally when you go in for any surgery, you have to remove all piercings. I had a friend who gave birth, she has her labia done and she had to take it out.

I imagine you'll have to get it taken out. I have a barbell and no babies, so i'm not too sure.
dj-bizmonkey
thanks y'all! oooo, i really like your stud erinjane! i have heard that a ring is easier to clean, but then i have also heard from people with no problems from the stud. i'm going to check out a couple of different places to see prices and also get some feedback from the piercers. also, i'm going to wait until after the holidays. i'm meeting my boyfriend's family for the first time (gulp) and even though i don't think they'd mind a facial piercing, i'd be very abashed if it were oozing goo over the thanksgiving table.

thanks for the encouragment!
beck
just had another thought on the nose piercing - if you are prone to fiddling with stuff (hehe) a stud would be cleaner as you're less likely to touch it and get it infected. when i switched to a ring it got sore a couple of times from me twisting it round so the ball on the ring was in the right place (sorry that's a bit garbled but basically the ring would shift and i would adjust so the ball thingy wasn't in my nose). hope that makes sense and happy piercing!
lapis
QUOTE(thatgirlkelly @ Nov 13 2007, 10:56 PM) *
anyone out there with a clit hood piercing who has given birth? did you have the ring removed before delivery? I've had my piercing for 15 plus years and haven't really conisdered whether it should be taken out in this situation.

yes a vch--just gave birth. I took it out for the labor and then left it out for almost 2 weeks cause I just forgot about it The piercer was pretty surprised it stayed open that long. I would recommend you keep it at a 12g during pregnancy so that you could go to a 14g after birth. It would have been closed if I had not had the larger barbell to begin with. And though I could have gone back to the 12, the stretching really hurt. So I'll size up in a few weeks. Also you might want to put in longer jewelry to account for engorgement during pregnancy just in case. I'd take it out for the delivery just to be on the safe side--even though I had her at home.
lapis
QUOTE(dj-bizmonkey @ Nov 15 2007, 02:50 PM) *
thanks y'all! oooo, i really like your stud erinjane! i have heard that a ring is easier to clean, but then i have also heard from people with no problems from the stud. i'm going to check out a couple of different places to see prices and also get some feedback from the piercers. also, i'm going to wait until after the holidays. i'm meeting my boyfriend's family for the first time (gulp) and even though i don't think they'd mind a facial piercing, i'd be very abashed if it were oozing goo over the thanksgiving table.

thanks for the encouragment!

had it pierced with a stud and a ring (10 yrs apart) and found the ring easier to clean cause the stud can bet tricky on the inside of the nose, but maybe it depends on your anatomy. And you might wait til after flu season if you get sick a lot...
dj-bizmonkey
yeah beck, i do fidget a lot and i think i'm totally sold on having a stud and not a ring. though we'll wait and see what the most credible piercer says. thanks for the advice lapis! i've been missing you!
lapis
dj,
good luck. sorry to be so absent. things been kind of busy in electric babyland...
laniethezany

Hey everyone,

I've been perusing this thread because I'm finally going to take the plunge and get my nose pierced shortly after Christmas. I had been wanting to do it for a long time (I'm 34) but never got around to it, then I went and decided to become a lawyer and figured I couldn't. But I work at Legal Aid so I don't have to follow the same boring corporate mold as a lot of attorneys, and my boss has given me the go-ahead to pierce away.

I've gotten some good preliminary info here, but if anyone has additional advice I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty much limited to a small stud to start with since I can't wear anything too big to court.
beck
QUOTE(laniethezany @ Nov 19 2007, 12:57 AM) *

Hey everyone,

I've been perusing this thread because I'm finally going to take the plunge and get my nose pierced shortly after Christmas. I had been wanting to do it for a long time (I'm 34) but never got around to it, then I went and decided to become a lawyer and figured I couldn't. But I work at Legal Aid so I don't have to follow the same boring corporate mold as a lot of attorneys, and my boss has given me the go-ahead to pierce away.

I've gotten some good preliminary info here, but if anyone has additional advice I'd love to hear it. I'm pretty much limited to a small stud to start with since I can't wear anything too big to court.

my tip would be to get a straight stud and bend it into a right angle - easier to get in and clean that the fancy twisty ones. I have a pretty straight kind of job but have got away with my piercing so far...I'm not sure if it's because they would be nervous to raise it or genuinely don't mind. I like to think I give the organisation some kudos for differing visibly from the middle-aged, male, grey suit norm!
sarasota
they actually make this new kind of jewelry for nose rings that most higher-end shops should carry, it is a two piece stud that is basically one piece with a ball on the end and a hollow tube that goes through the piercing (the ball is on the inside of your nose) and then on the outside is a piece that looks kind of like a small pin, except on the head of the pin you can have a jewel or something, and this fits inside of the tube and snaps into place. they are really neat because it is a lot more comfortable than the regular screw shaped ones, and you can have multiple pin shaped pieces so you can change what the stud on the outside looks like really easily without having to take out the whole piece of jewelry. This website has a picture so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

QUOTE(laniethezany @ Nov 18 2007, 07:57 PM) *

Hey everyone,

sugarsweet100
I got my nose pierced when I was seventeen, and I love it! I had it pierced with a stud at first, that they custom-fit to my nose (which is better than a standard stud), and I kept that in for about eight months with no problems at all; then I realized that EVERYONE had a stud and I wanted to be more rock n' roll so I changed it to a ring, and after that I got a little bump on it for about three weeks. I did the hot compresses and pretty much just left it alone (don't take it out!) and eventually it disappeared and I haven't had any problems with it since then smile.gif

My only advice for piercing is that if you get a small infection, wait a few weeks and let it heal itself, because if you take it out, the infection can just grow over itself and never heal! Just clean it thoroughly and ask your piercer for advice smile.gif

Happy piercing!
baffledsheep
hi all, i've been thinking of getting my pussy pierced for a while now, i find it a huge turn on and am even having dreams about it! Ideally I think i'd like several - the clit hood and then maybe two or three in each side of my labia minora. question is, does this sound mad? i mean, i wouldn't want someone to go down there and think i just had knickers full of metal but i just love the idea of being sooo pierced! The other thing is, that despite having thought about it for ages, i really don't know a huge deal about it. I'd really like some chain play and i'm not sure how this is compatible. Also, do you think a piercer would do them all at once or do you think it's better to get them separately? i'm also concerned they get totally in the way of shaving - i like to have a completely bare pussy and wouldn't want to compromise this at all! I have a few other piercings so i think i'd be fine with the pain etc. any thoughts welcome!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.