Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Piercings
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
culturehandy
Baffled, I would get the labia done two at a time, I have my minora done, and while it didn't hurt, the swelling caused some irritation, it may be too much for your body to handle. Plus, if your body rejects the piercings, that's a lot of money you are out, so best find out before you get them all done. It's better to realize that your body can't handle it after laying out $80.00 instead of $300.00.

Shaving is not an issue, you will have to be careful because, again the swelling, it's still doable.

VCH is the easiet piercing ever. that won't get in the way of shaving at all.

They only put hoops in labia piercings, and once healed, chain play would be very easy.

Once healed, they are all so much fun! Fun oral play, SM play, it's all fun!

Enjoy and let us know!
laniethezany

Hi everyone! I actually went and got my long-awaited nose piercing done yesterday. It's a stud with a small silver ball and I adore it. I can't believe how much it didn't hurt - just a pinch while the needle was going through. It hurts a tiny bit when I yawn or when I clean it, but other than that, it just feels like it's always been there. I'm actually going out later today to procure a digital camera so I can send pictures to all my long-distance friends, so I'll post one here, too.
erinjane
I was really surprised by how little my nose piercing hurt too. I guess I was used to the tenderness of my vertical labret. It sounds like we got the same kind of stud.
beck
congrats lanie, looking forward to seeing pictures!
mouse
so.....i've been tossing around the idea of a nipple piercing for quite some time now. any thoughts? i was at first worried about nerve damage and loss of sensation but the research i've done seems to indicate that if anything, there's more sensitivity. the one thing that freaks me out is "migration", and the fact that on many people it alters the size of the nipple.

any thoughts, those of you who have had this done? i have a lip piercing (that i never wear jewelry in anymore) and four ear piercings so it wouldn't be a first piercing, but i've heard it fucking HURTS and takes a long time to heal...
culturehandy
mouse! I have my nipple done and there is no change in the appearance of the size. There is an increased sensitivity, and I like it!

The pain, it was my experience that it did hurt, but it is a thick piece of flesh a needle is going through. Healing time was longer, but again, it is to be expected. Every body is different, and healing times also differ. Nipple piercings are sexy, I really like the look of barbells, with that said, even with the pain, I'd still do it all over again.

It just gets to be a hassle when you have to clean twice a day, but all is well now!
mouse
thanks culture! is it really bad when healing (ie painful/gross)? does it get caught on things easily? is it the kind of thing where you can't touch it for the three or so months it takes to do the primary healing...?

i'm actually ok with pain, but the FLESH part makes me faint. when i got my lip done, it hurt but i didn't care. what bothered me was the feeling of the needle going through layers of flesh...*shudder*

but the more i think about it, the more i want one. maybe i'll just go this weekend, to hell with it...

i'm thinking i just want my right done. i know these things are often symbolic, does anyone know if there's some sort of significance to whether you get one or both, or which side, etc? it probably doesn't matter, since i wasn't able to find anything just by googling, but i mean, it IS a form of communication and i don't particularly want to inadvertently end up communicating something incorrect.
ambersienna maria
hey mouse
I really think nipple piercings depend on the girl.
I got mine done, yeah it hurt more than any of my
other piercings, but i really liked them. It took a while to
heal but then they were fine for about 2 years.
my boobs grew at that point and
the piercings started getting weird and raw.
and then they started to migrate, so
i sadly had to remove them.
my bod just didn't want them anymore!
i would say go with it if you really want them
and if anything goes wrong, like in my
case, just get them taken out.
culturehandy
Mouse, the healing process was okay. As with any piercing you don't touch it withough washing your hands first. I was told not to twist the barbell as you don't know how the healing process is going on the inside.

The only thing that weided me out was when I saw a milky liquid coming out of the hole, I promptly went in and was told it was nothing and not to worry about it, that's what causes crusties. The woman who did the follow up has gone to training for piercing and is also an RN, so I wasn't worried, she also did one of my other piercings.

As for communication about which side is done, I've never heard of anything, then again, I'm oblivious to things sometimes.

Getting it caught on things, it happens, I was getting dressed and had the barbell catch on my bra, this was also a short while after it was done, and it wasn't pleasant. Now all is well.

I think you should do it!!

mouse
i got it! i got a vertical barbell on my right boobeh. it hurts right now and that's making me cranky (i tend to get cranky irrationally when my boobehs get overstimulated) but i'm pretty pumped about it and how it looks. the piercer warned me that my nipple was almost too small to get it done so i should keep my eye out for it migrating, but hopefully that won't happen.
neverending
I got my nipple pierced about 2wks ago and to tell you all the truth, it did not hurt at all and I love it. So for all the people that want to get it done, GO FOR IT!
newo_ikkin
How small is too small for nipples?

I'd really like to get mine done but I have "exquisite miniatures" and from what mouse said that could be a problem.
culturehandy
If they can pierce men, how can women's nipples be too small?

Mouse, that is really great! Just make sure you clean it well, and you shouldn't have any issues.
mouse
well, i learned that men actually tend to have more flesh to pierce, because there's no breast attached taking up room. he said mine were small, but not the smallest he'd ever done (and the smallest he'd ever done healed fine with no problems). he pierced it pretty far back just to make sure. newo, i'd go to your local piercing place and ask.

i'm REALLY happy with mine. though it feels totally weird. i kept peeking into my bra every time i went to the bathroom at work...the only person who knows is my BFF, who just got hers done as well. i was texting her the whole time (she lives on the opposite coast from me). part of me wants to tell everyone, but i'm not gonna. it would shock the hell out of 99% of my friends, i'm pretty sure, because it's not something anyone would expect of me. but that's exactly why i got it. i feel like it's symbolic for me too, as in--unless we're intimate enough for someone to see me nekkid, there are certain things about me that they are not going to find out--or, conversely, if someone is going to make the effort to see me nekkid, they are going to be surprised. and i like that.
crazyoldcatlady
mouse, i am SUPER jealous. i've been thinking about it for a long time but i am being a super pussy about it...

smile.gif
newo_ikkin
Hey mouse, I'm looking forward to having it as a secret too. My boy fears the unwanted attention I might get, but the people he's known that had them done just got them so they could show them off. Of course my closest friends are going to know but I have no desire to bring something like that up in conversation with anyone I haven't known for a long time. I'd really like to give my girls a distinguishing characteristic. All I have right now is that they're "cute". They deserve some decoration.
mouse
do it, cocl!!!! it wasn't as painful as i expected and it's over SUPERfast. it ached on and off in waves for the evening after i got it done, but today it doesn't hurt at all unless it gets brushed accidentally. seriously, it's like barely two seconds of pain and then it's over.
culturehandy
Mouse, I'm so glad your piercing was a fairly unpainful one. After I got mine done I couldn't even get dressed, the pain was horrendous.

As for my other piercings, they were a walk in the park.

Everyone is different though. wink.gif
culturehandy
Rudderless, I got my nip done in April of 2006 and I still occasionally get crusties.
erinjane
I still get crusties on my vertical labret too, and i've had it for 3 years.
sarasota
ambersienna, i'm curious if you dont mind me asking, was there much scarring or obvious marks left over after you took them out? cause i was thinking about getting mine done, but i know i would eventually take them out and i'm wondering how much it would show.
ambersienna maria
not much at all.
just imagine slightly lighter spots in color where the
piercings came in and out.

It may just really depend on the person.
how well does your body handle scarring?

sarasota
pretty well i think. it takes a while for my scars to fade, but they do end up pretty light eventually.

i also have wondered if my nipples are big enough to do it. i mean i'm a C and have fairly large areolas, but my nipples just arent that big and dont really poke out a lot. i dont know if that would matter at all or not. just to let everyone know tongue.gif *blush*
culturehandy
sarasota, I have a c cup, and not large nipples, (but also not super small). the only way to find out of something is piercable is to go over to a piercer and ask! They can do pretty much anything these days.
sarasota
ok, thanks culture smile.gif i guess the professional would be the best opinion
culturehandy
There are a lot of great piercing sites on the internet, and lots have pics, too. So explore, there's tons out there!

Mouse, how's the piercing treating you?
mouse
culture, it's at the itchy stage, and it's all i can do not to scratch it...but it's worth it. i'm quite pleased.
Megnog
I've had quite a few piercings but I took most of them out... not by choice though (except bellybutton, I chose to take it out). I have my tragus pierced, had an industrial, and snug...also my nose twice. I'm here to offer some advice if you guys ae thinking about getting something on your ears especially (tragus, industrial, and snug are all on the ear), because I've been through it all!! The snug is really cute and fairly unique if you're looking ofr something different (mine got really infected though and my ear actually grew over the jewelry, SOOOOO painful to get a longer bar put in!).

Also, I had my nose twice, the first time was done at the beach and the piercer was actually talking about the alcohol he had consumed earlier, haha! Anyways, he ended up piercing it with a 16 gauge instead of an 18.. It had trouble healing. I took it out and then got it done again but with a hoop, and had to take that out for my sister's wedding. ANYWAYS, the second time was much more painful than the first... I'm thinking about getting it again, but I wonder if it will be way more painful than both times? Just curious if anyone has experienced getting it done 3 times with scar tissue and everything. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

If anyone wants to get a tragus piercing, TRUST ME.. get a barbell, not a ring. I got mine done with a ring 3 years ago, and I had a lot of problems. Bloody keloids, painful all the time.. when I put in the strait barbell it was finally able to heal. Just some advice.
beck
i second that - i love my tragus bar and it's easier to keep clean/harder to fiddle with than a ring. i had a couple of bumps but no pain or discomfort. i had my nose done twice - it hurt more second time but i think that was more because the first time was with a gun (it was about ten years ago). when i had it done again, they were able to follow the original hole. could you switch sides?
Megnog
a gun, ouch!!! They scare me a bit. I could switch sides, but I'm drawn to my left side for some reason.

QUOTE(beck @ Jan 23 2008, 07:13 AM) *
i second that - i love my tragus bar and it's easier to keep clean/harder to fiddle with than a ring. i had a couple of bumps but no pain or discomfort. i had my nose done twice - it hurt more second time but i think that was more because the first time was with a gun (it was about ten years ago). when i had it done again, they were able to follow the original hole. could you switch sides?

culturehandy
I'd be very hesitant of any place that uses a gun. You can't clean them completely. In fact, I'd run screaming from a place that still uses piercing guns.

Needles may hurt more, but it's safer inthe long run.

a woman I know has ner nipple pierced with a gun many moons ago. OUCH!
mouse
technically guns aren't approved for ANYTHING other than earlobes. be careful!

speaking of piercing disasters, i had one yesterday. somehow my piercing got irritated--i'm not sure how, maybe i bumped myself on the side of my desk is the only thing i can think of--and it started to swell. i kept checking it, and it seemed ok, so i went to work with the intention of going to get it looked at that evening. come the end of the day, i couldn't even SEE the bottom barbell! the skin had entirely closed over it!! GROSSS! so i freaked out and went to the piercer and he calmed me down and put a longer bar in. everything seems to be fine now, but FREAKY! my boobeh eats metal!
culturehandy
Mouse how's your boobie today?

I remember I got my barbell caught on the cup of my bra whilst getting dressed one morning, I had to sit down the pain was so much. GAAAA!
newo_ikkin
I've chosen a piercer and date to get my nipples done... I'm so excited! He says size isn't an issue (I was worried about them being too small) and that I'd probably be better off with barbells, which makes me super happy because I think they'd look better on me than hoops. Anyway, I'm wicked excited!!
Megnog
QUOTE(mouse @ Jan 24 2008, 09:18 PM) *
technically guns aren't approved for ANYTHING other than earlobes. be careful!

speaking of piercing disasters, i had one yesterday. somehow my piercing got irritated--i'm not sure how, maybe i bumped myself on the side of my desk is the only thing i can think of--and it started to swell. i kept checking it, and it seemed ok, so i went to work with the intention of going to get it looked at that evening. come the end of the day, i couldn't even SEE the bottom barbell! the skin had entirely closed over it!! GROSSS! so i freaked out and went to the piercer and he calmed me down and put a longer bar in. everything seems to be fine now, but FREAKY! my boobeh eats metal!

Ooooh no. she said she had it done with a gun about 10 years ago, not recently.
Megnog
This should be named the "nipple peircings" group..... am I the only one who isn't interested?
elizabethan
Does anyone out there know of someone who makes custom piercing jewelery? I have a lame early '90s ear piercing that has sentimental value so I want to keep it but no rings or big barbells. I want a sort of flat ended very short gold barball for it--with discs not balls on the ends. Ideas? I am in Boston but am happy to internet.

thanks much!
culturehandy
Elizabethan, I betcha any jeweler could do it for you. Try an independent place. I know a few people who've had things redone.
newo_ikkin
I got my nipples done yesterday!! They look awesome. =)
Pain has been minimal. They throbbed for about 2 minutes afterwards, and other than that, it hurts when I get cold. lol
I'm so happy I did it!
culturehandy
I remember when I got my nipple done, I had something cold to drink and it made my nipple and said piercing cold. It was the strangest sensation ever!
newo_ikkin
It's getting itchy... that means its healing, right?
culturehandy
you bet!!

also, if you notice that a opalescent fluid is leaking, don't worry, this is normal! I freaked the first time I saw that.
mouse
yep!

my piercer also told me that having a heat pack or electric blanket over the piercing will stimulate healing. i didn't do that and mine seems to be healing fine, but if you wanna go all out, it can't hurt!
newo_ikkin
My 6 week mark is coming up... I'm not going to go nuts on different jewelry and will probably even wait a few extra weeks to change them out, but do you guys know of any good websites or stores for body jewelry? [By good I mean quality and decent price.]
erinjane
I don't know about the quality, but this place is always super cheap. I get my retainers from there for when I play sports. They always attach a little 10% off card when they mail you stuff too.
starpiste
nevermind. I got overexcited and prematurely posted.
mouse
http://cbs5.com/local/nipple.rings.flight.2.686288.html

yikes! anyone ever had issues with this? i flew a round-trip in february and didn't have any problems, but now i'm freaked out. obviously this woman's experience is unusual (and most likely unconstitutional and harassment and hopefully tsa'll get their asses kicked with a big lawsuit) but can they really set off metal detectors?? i never had any trouble with my lip ring, and then i've had the ring i had in my lip in my ear for the past 4 years or so and it never set anything off.

i'm paranoid now, though. NOT something i want people to know about. yeesh.
newo_ikkin
I have more metal in my jaw than I do the rest of my body. I actually had someone "wand" my face to see if anything registered, and it didn't. Anyway, I've been through airports several times since surgery and never had a problem. I can't believe they're still so sensitive about all of that stuff... honestly I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I guess it's a good thing I can't afford to go on vacation?

ps. my apologies as this should probably go in the inebriated ramblings topic
LoveMyPugs
mine feel so strange when i get cold and they get hard. plus they get really hard. My friends who know are always like, "Wow!! Are you cold?" The fridge and the first step outside in the morning are always interesting.

My dog snaged mine once with her nail. Woke me up out of a dead sleep in pain. It didn't last long but boy was I awake.

I didn't change out my hoops until seven months after having them pierced. The hoops sucked. The bars are much, much more comfortable.

Still get some crusties on mine but no more of the fluide that CH was talking about. First time I saw that I was kinda freaked out.

I had a dream the other night that they were bleeding. I got up and checked them but it was just a dream. Strange uh?
newo_ikkin
Help!! My piercings are 6 weeks old and I haven't had any problems with them... yet. I've just discovered what looks like a giant pimple on the outer side of my left nipple. There's no pain or tenderness, even with pressure. It's basically a big whitehead and there's a little extra of the normal discharge stuff around it.

Please tell me this is normal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.