Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HPV and STDs
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Our Bodies, Our Hells
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
sweetmelissa
QUOTE(_octinoxate @ Aug 16 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Melissa, how did you get the vaccine already? I called Planned Parenthood and they told me it's not available until October and then there's a wait list. Oh- Are you the one who's in a clinical trial?

Also: my insurance told me they're not planning to cover the vaccine. I think that's such bullshit. Does anyone else know if their insurance company is going to do better?

I called my DR. and asked her first. I go to a DO and she is usually on top of these things. She told me that she just got six vaccines in, so I made an appt. Then I called my insurance Co. and they told me that it is covered as long as I qualify (age etc.). So I got it. Honestly I probably would have gotten it anyway. It's something like 170.00 for each of the three shots. But I'll gladly spend 500.00 to avoid HPV and cervical cancer.
_octinoxate
Melissa, do you mind if I ask what insurance co. you have?

I'll have to call my doc and ask her if she's got any vaccines... because you're right, even paying that amount out of pocket is SO worth it. I hope I'm in time for it (already having at least one strain of HPV)...
sweetmelissa
QUOTE(_octinoxate @ Aug 17 2006, 01:05 PM) *

Melissa, do you mind if I ask what insurance co. you have?

I'll have to call my doc and ask her if she's got any vaccines... because you're right, even paying that amount out of pocket is SO worth it. I hope I'm in time for it (already having at least one strain of HPV)...

I have Blue Cross. And my Doctor explained to me that the vaccine protects against 4 strains (2 that cause warts, 2 that cause cancer) If you have been diagnosed with one, it still vaccinates against the other 3. Good luck.
kelkello
This is a bizarre question to ask (seeing as I'm new and all), but has anyone else been diagnosed with herpes? I found out I have it, and I'm a bit pissed. I'd like to hear what others have to say about it, their sex lives after diagnosis, etc. I'm feeling pretty helpless and alone.
_octinoxate
Hi kel. That's not a bizarre question at all. There are actually quite a few busties with herpes, and there was a thread about that very topic for a long time. It seems to have dropped off the list... maybe someone here with more tech savvy than I can bump it up, please?
kelkello
Thanks Oct. And here's the thing. My boyfriend gave it to me and I'm the one who feels guilty for some reason. I think it's because after getting diagnosed with herpes, they did an HIV test. I'd never had one before and was freaking out. I've always used protection before, so getting herpes did a flip in my understanding of the STD universe. I thought if I could have herpes, I could have HIV. So I sort of freaked until I got the good news yesterday (HIV free, hooray!). He informed me today how disappointed he was in me for not handling the stress of waiting for my results. He feels I've done permanent damage to our relationship by not weathering the crisis together. Meanwhile, all I was worried about was that I might have HIV and might have given it to him. That's sort of jackass, right?
_octinoxate
Kel, what a relief to know that you're not HIV positive. It sucks, though, that your boyfriend hasn't been supportive through this. At one point my (now ex-) boyfriend gave me crap about how I reacted to my HPV diagnosis and... it just sucks. I mean, I know that they have a right to their own feelings and needs, and a right to express those things to us (after all, it's a relationship so both peoples' emotions are relevant), but still. There has to be a sense of timing, and of empathy.

Have you been able/interested in reading up more on STIs since your herpes news? Basically, the reason that you can get herpes even if you're never had unprotected sex is that it's spread through simple skin contact and not through fluids (like HIV is).
kelkello
Yeah, I've been reading a ton about it. I had two different tests. One was a swabbed culture on the site. The other was a blood antibody test. The culture was positive, the blood test was negative for any herpes antibodies. Which means that it's a new infection. Which means he more than likely gave it to me since I hadn't had sex for a year before him. I also found out that 1 in 5 people have it and 80% of those don't even know it. I sure as hell didn't know it. I thought it was an ingrown hair. How many people out there have what they think is an ingrown hair and it's really herpes? My doctor doesn't want me going on permanent suppressive therapy unless I break out again. I'm pretty weirded out by the whole ordeal. I go back and forth from feeling that I can deal and feeling like no guy will ever want to have sex with herpes girl.
cloverbee
aww kel, I think of herpes as no big deal at all. I have oral herpes. I do worry a lot about HIV though. I have had unprotected oral sex and I heard you can get it that way too. I'm waiting to get a test. congrats on your results!
kelkello
Good luck! The waiting was the most terrified feeling I've ever had. I never want to have to do that again.
thereshegoes
$.02 about herpes---i know it's scary, but my bf has it, and i sleep with him pretty frequently. most people who are educated about it are ok with it as long as you all are safe. i also have two close girlfriends who have it and are both happily partnered.

now my question about the HPV vac. i was diagnosed with it once before but it has since past out of my system. does anyone know if you can still be vaccinated if you've had it? i know with the herpes vac you can't be. . .
_octinoxate
Wait, there's a herpes vaccine?? How did I have no idea about this?

As far as the HPV vac goes, from what I've read you can get the vaccine even if you currently have one (or more) strains of the virus, so it certainly seems fine to get it if you've had it before and now it's gone from your system. In fact, I don't think they can even be sure who has what before giving the vaccine, because even if they administered an HPV test before giving the vac (which they don't do from what I've been told by providers), they wouldn't be able to tell which strain you have. The blood test, apparently, just says whether or not you have one of the 100+ strains of the virus (including the ones that cause common plantar's warts, or do nothing) and cannot tell you which strain you have. That's why they don't include the HPV test in the standard battery of STI tests.

I have to go get a follow-up colposcopy this month, and I'm kind of anxious about it. I had a colpo 6 months ago after my abnormal pap and HPV diagnosis, and the doc said that my cervical dysplasia wasn't bad enough to merit any further action. We would just wait and see how it looked in 6 months. Well, that's now, and my life is crazy with other health problems and a really bad breakup, and the absolute last thing I need right now is news that will freak me out. Anyone have some reassuring advice about this?

Also, I'm seriously considering going to a different doctor for this colpo. Not because I had a problem with the old doc--I absolutely LOVE her--but because of insurance issues. The procedure will be about 80% cheaper if I go to a provider at my university. But but but- is that ok to do? I mean, the procedure and the diagnosis/decisions arising from it are based on standards that would be uniform anywhere, right? So it should be perfectly fine to switch at this point, right? Am I overlooking anything?
kelkello
Question about herpes, since I'm new to the game. I'm thinking, by the way, of renaming them vagina gems so I don't feel so weird about it. Too strange? Let me know. My question is this: I had my first outbreak over two weeks ago. I've been on Valtrex ever since. I thought everything had cleared up...it looked it and felt it. I had sex for the first time and now I feel raw down there. Is that normal? Have I reopened sores? Or is it just from lack of practice after over two weeks of abstaining?
_octinoxate
Kel, I think you should name it whatever you want that takes away some of the (ridiculous) stigma of STIs for you.

I would assume that the sex irritated some leftover sores that hadn't entirely healed up yet. I've never felt raw when I've gotten play after a period of abstinence. One other possibility, though, is that you have a low-grade yeast infection. That can sure make you feel discomfort during and after sex. Still, I'd assume it's sores and just wait a little longer before going at it again. They might take longer to heal internally since it's warmer and wetter and darker there. (Anyone with first hand experience back me up on this?)
kelkello
Thanks, oct. Now I'm worried that he will break out again. I've been really depressed lately about having this disease. I know it's not the end of the world, but I don't know how it works on ME. Yes, I've done the research, but it seems every case is so individual. I'm really worried about outbreaks back and forth. It makes me weepy sometimes, and I'm afraid to talk to him about it since he already feels so guilty about giving it to me. He didn't even know he had it.
edie52
Speaking of HIV tests... I have to get one.... and I'm terrified. Clover, I also had unprotected oral sex, with someone sketchy. When I do get the test I think I'll opt to get the results in 30 minutes (which costs $60), because waiting 2 weeks would be too hard. But the thought of finding out right away also keeps me from going. I'm so scared. I want to put off knowing if it's positive. Of course if it's negative I'd like to know as soon as possible, I'll feel like I have my life back. I actually promised my roommate, who went through the same thing (and is negative), that I'd do it tomorrow. But I don't know if I can.

I haven't been feeling very healthy, which is scaring me so much. Of course, it could just be all the stress and anxiety and thinking about symptoms and sickness all of the time.

I have herpes, which I actually wouldn't have admitted before being so scared of having HIV. But now I think it's totally over-stigmatized, and I'm fine with having it. I used to think about it all of the time, but now almost never. I empathize though, it definitely takes some getting used to, and outbreaks suck. As far as guys not wanting to have sex with you, remember that 1 in 5 of them have it too, and lots of the ones that don't have it will be understanding too.
cloverbee
edie, the test that comes back in 30 minutes is only accurate if you have waited the suggested 3-6 months. i took two tests last week and am awaiting the results to one. i know how hard it is to wait but if it hasn't been at least three months you may have to. what sort of symptoms are you having? i will never have unprotected oral sex again. who knew? good luck
_octinoxate
Edie and Clover, if it helps you relax at all, keep in mind that oral sex is a relatively low risk activity as far as HIV is concerned. Basically, you're only going to contract HIV when giving oral sex if you have any cuts in your mouth (say, if you go floss your teeth rigorously before giving a blowjob smile.gif ). And you'd only contract it when getting oral sex if the guy has any open cuts or sores on his mouth.

In short, to get HIV one or more dangerous fluids (semen, vaginal secretions, blood, breastmilk) must come in contact with one or more "doors" (vagina, urethra, anus, or open cut). Barring that, you're safe from HIV.

That said, you *can* easily get other, lesser STIs from unprotected oral, so those are probably the tests you should be looking into.

Hope this helps. Good luck and try not to get too anxious about the waiting (easier said than done, right?).
edie52
Thanks for that, octi. Does that still hold true if I swallowed his semen though?

My roomie also tried to assure me that I was not at high risk, also, but I keep having all kinds of symptoms. I keep thinking, could this all be coincidental? Psychosomatic? I agonize over these questions and keep coming back to the fact that the only way to know for sure if to get tested.

Clover, it has been about 6 months. The symptoms are lots of mouth/throat stuff, as well as generally feeling under the weather. I don't want to go into it too much because it scares me.

I will try to work up the courage to get tested tomorrow. Or the next day.
cloverbee
edie, the symptoms you are describing sound like a less serious STD like chlamydia or something. i feel you on the anxiety issue. i went weeks w/out sleeping well and i've agonized over it every single second. i had to see a shrink and i broke down several times to him in tears b/c of this. i swallowed the cum as well and i had open sores in my mouth at the time. i constantly check my body for symptoms all day long. i've put my life on hold b/c of this. it terrifies me. that said, i know exactly where you are right now and i would get the 30 minute test too. i did look up the risk from oral sex and if you don't have a mouth sore at the time, your chance of contracting it is estimated at 1/2500. that should make you feel better. take care.
_octinoxate
Yep, Edie, it all holds true even if you swallowed his semen. It is extremely unlikely that you contracted HIV. Extremely. Go get tested! You'll feel so much better. And do get tested for the lesser STIs as well, because you don't want those lurking around in your system. All those bacterial things are pretty simple to cure, so no need to stress about that, either.

Clover, it must be scary to have to think about HIV infection because of the open sores issue. However, it might be comforting to think of how uncommon HIV is in the US population... do you actually know that the person/people you were sexually active with was/were infected? Also, I just did some poking around on Wikipedia and found a stat (based on a medical journal article) that cites the risk of infection from "receptive oral sex" as only 1 in 10,000. (I wonder if that or your 1/2500 figure is more accurate... either way, it's slim.)

But all that said, good lord, I know how hard it can be to let the logical reasons not to worry actually sink in. Usually when I see a figure like "1 out of 1000 people have X negative consequence" I assume I'm that damn 1 person. I'd probably be crazy anxious too. Try to remember that the odds are by far in your favor--both of you. Good luck.

datagirl
Hi Guys,I'm one that is insanely stressing about HIV as well.
I gave a guy I didn't know a blow job and yes he came in my mouth.I was drunk at the time so it didn't faze me.But In in the morning I became terrified and rang an HIV info line.They said that oral sex was very low risk and that even if you do swallow,the stomach acids kill the virus.I will be getting that HIV test becuase I am a naturally paranoid person.But I know exactly what you guys are going through.I've been worried about this since it happened in February.Some days I rationalise,some nights it keeps me awake and whenever I hear anything about HIV,I complete start to freak out.My back tooth gum bleeds somtimes when I floss,but when I gave the blow job I had'nt flossed for over 24 hours.This is the sort of shit I worry about and it's the worry that I can't stand.I've had HIV tests in the past (as I said I'm very paranoid about stuff) and they were always the worry x10,but after the results come back and I'm negative,it feels like Ive been given a second chance.Here in Australia the statistics are even lower than the US about six people per 10,000 have the virus,but apparently these stats are higher than Germany.See the pointless info I picked up whilst stressing?? Hugs and thoughts to all worried busties..((())) I'm in the boat too. smile.gif
kelkello
I'm an HIV test survivor. I had to wait 4 day for my results. That was four days of relentless panic, anxiety, and uncontrollable weeping. I was so terrified of the two risky behaviors in my past. I had also just been diagnosed with herpes which made my world go upside down. I didn't know how easy it was to get herpes. I thought if I could have herpes, then it's possible I could have HIV. I did feel a lot better once I found I was negative, but my uncontrollable reaction to the test really alienated my loved ones. It's worth it to know. I wish I had known about the 30 minute test. I didn't even know that was an option. Anyone out there with living with herpes advice, I could use it. I've done tons of research, but I'm still confused and don't know how the virus will behave in my specific body.
edie52
It feels really good to talk about this (both online and IRL; for months I didn't say a peep to anyone). My roommate convinced me to go this morning, but I got really upset, so I called my ex. He came to meet me, but the clinic was packed and there was a 5 hour wait, so we're going to go back tomorrow morning at 8. I'm still incredibly worried, but just talking and laughing with him made me feel better.

As far as herpes goes, this is so much easier said than done, but I've found that I barely ever have outbreaks if I don't think/worry about it. And when I do, they're WAY less severe. The first one was the worse by far, nothing can even touch that.
cloverbee
so i'm not the only one who has alienated my freinds and family w/ this issue? i've spent my share of sleepless nights crying over this too. and i've waited five days so far for my results. my advice: get the 30 minute test. but i couldn't wait six months to take it. it's only been 8 weeks for me. after the "incident" I started getting mouth sores and all kinds of stuff that just made me extremely paranoid. and then i would symptom-surf on the net and confirm my worst fears which fed into the cycle. i feel like i've already had so many second chances b/c i've been thru this before only it was high-risk sex. people should be educated about the risks of oral sex.
edie52
I feel the exact same way. I feel like I got a second chance because I went through it once before, after having unprotected sex repeated times with someone who slept around and whose ex used heroin. I felt so lucky to be negative then and swore I would never do anything so stupid again.

I do the sympton surfing too, and I swear I'm experiencing a number of them although I can't tell if it's just because I think about it all of the time and constant stress and anxiety=shitty immune system.

Tomorrow I'll know. Please please please let me be negative.

My thoughts go out to you all.
cloverbee
so my results are not in. i waited at the doctor's office for over an hour to get them and they're not in! i broke down crying. gawd. now i may have to wait 'til thursay. no wonder nobody ever gets tested. i'm having symptoms today too and i don't know if it's just stress or what. good luck.
kelkello
Cloverbee, I feel so bad for you! I just went through this nightmare, and it was the most horrific, nerve-wracking thing. I'd never felt so completely out of control of my own head. The one thing that got me through was really weird since I'm an agnostic...I prayed the rosary. Please don't think I'm a bible beater because I'm so far from it. But I found the chanting of the prayers to be calming. It made me think of other things. I'm not suggesting you do that, but maybe if you found a positive statement to repeat over and over when you are panicking, it might help. Lately, since I found out about the herpes and feel so badly about it, I do deep breathing exercises. I imagine the air going in is golden and fresh like in the morning. And the air going out is black and poisonous. I try to imagine the toxic crap in me leaving my body. I know this sound new agey, but it has been helping. And that's a lot coming from the number one skeptic of everything. Keep passing the open windows, cloverbee.
kelkello
By the way, does anyone here get yeast infections after herpes outbreaks? I think I am getting one, and I wonder if they are related.
edie52
Negative!

A huge weight has been lifted....

Though I still do have to wait 2 weeks to find out about all of the other STDs. I have a feeling they might call and be like "you have herpes!" because I forgot to mention it.

(((((cloverbee)))))) Hang on, girl. I was in the same boat as you, as you know, experiencing lots of symptoms that I thought led back to HIV- mouth sores, swollen glands, bleeding gums, dry mouth, and more.... it could totally be the stress causing whatever symptoms you are having. Or another STD. My doctor was really reassuring, saying that I'm low-risk and might be exaggerating my symptoms and that they did not mean that I'm HIV-positive, but of course we had to test to be sure.

For those who have the option, I recommend the 30 minute test. Well worth the $60.
_octinoxate
Yay, edie!!!! I'm happy for you.
kelkello
Woo hoo for Edie!!! I know how you feel, girl! I'm so happy for you.
candycane_girl
I haven't been in this thread for a few years.

First off, Edie, I'm glad to hear your good news.

I have a question. Last week I had sex and now I feel as though the area just above my clitoris is a bit itchy/burny. I got out the good old hand mirror and tried to have a look at it. I thought it looked a bit red as well. The first time I looked I thought I saw a bump but I looked again today and I didn't see one. What the heck is this?
cloverbee
Edie, congrats! I got the same news yesterday, thank god. So now we should start our campaign to educate women on the dangers of oral sex, no??? Are you down??
_octinoxate
Yay, clover!!!! What a relief, huh!

Candy, sorry but I have no ideas or advice on that one. My vagina still absolutely mystifies me sometimes. The only thing I can tell you is to not panic and assume the worst, which is my usual mode of dealing with that stuff...but still check it out with a doc. I once had some itch/burn issues which gave rise to a bunch of irritated pink bumps, and freaked out thinking it must be some terrible herpes/warts hybrid, and it turned out to be a simple infection, probably not even sexually transmitted, easily cured with a cream. (I can't tell you names of the condition or treatment b/c it all happened in a country whose language I didn't speak well enough to grasp all the details!) Good luck with that. And hey, let us know when you find out what it is, pretty please? For future reference.
edie52
Yay, clover! It's a great feeling, ain't it? I started crying and laughing at the same time.

Though I might still have something (have to wait 2 weeks for those results). My doc said my tonsils did look red so he took throat cultures, and after some research I found out that it could be orally transmitted syphillis, gonnorhea, OR chlamydia. If that's the case I'll definitely be letting my friends know that I got something from oral sex, cuz I know most of us don't think it's a big deal.

The worst thing is that I thought I was pretty educated (being a feminist living in an urban area, etc..), but I wasn't. That's almost as scary as being totally ignorant. So I want to get involved in this community organization that does peer-to-peer sex ed (especially since sex ed has been cut out of Quebec's education system). I also signed up to volunteer at the AIDS walk next weekend.
kelkello
Yay for Cloverbee! What a relief. Edie, I'm right there with you on feeling like I was so educated. After my herpes diagnosis, I realized I knew absolutely nothing. I've read two books so far, and I'm looking for more. If I have to live with this for the rest of my life, I better understand it.
_octinoxate
Edie, I think it's awesome that you're turning this frightening experience around and changing it to something constructive. That group sounds neat, and much needed!
cloverbee
so edie, my throat has been wierd too and now i'm wondering. i no longer have tonsils but i still have some redness and a little irritation sometimes there. i need to get checked. i never heard of oral std's until very very recently and i'm pissed that there isn't more education out there. i briefly considered suing cosmo and all these other mags that tell you how and when to go down on guys and never even mention using condoms. it's very misleading. they make it seem like it's no big deal and somehow it's safe. it's not safe at all.
kelkello
Cloverbee, I know what you mean about being pissed at Cosmo and all those magazines that tout these sexual maneuvers and never talk about safety. I watch Sex and the City all the time, and I think to myself, in real life, they'd all have sexually transmitted diseases. Samantha alone would be a walking time bomb. I know it's fiction, but there really is very litte responsibility demonstrated in American media about sex. I'm all for sexual freedom, but there needs to be education. I'm a teacher, and it makes me sick that any school that gets federal funds can only teach abstinence as birth control and STD control. There is going to be an alarming rise in teen pregnancy and teen STDs in the next few years, I can guarantee it. I know for a fact that many of my eighth graders already engage in sex and think oral sex is no big deal. Just this spring a 14 year came to me fearing she was pregnant. She'd been having sex since she was 12. So, the government seems to want to make abortion illegal and prevent kids from learning how to prevent it. They can't have it both ways. *RANT*
cloverbee
kel, that is exactly how i feel. it's irresponsible for the gov't to not educate the people. and you know these kids don't get the education at home or from the media so where the heck are they suppoed to get it? from the doctor who diagnoses their STD I suppose. Does the gov't not know about HIV? because the kids should be educated on how to prevent it. I wish the media would depict way more condom use. I have seen movies where the characters used dental dams and condoms for oral and that's originally how I learned that oral sex was dangerous but you don't see enough of it. and it should be in an educational format, not entertainment in my opinion.
_octinoxate
"Cloverbee, I know what you mean about being pissed at Cosmo and all those magazines that tout these sexual maneuvers and never talk about safety."

Honestly, I sometimes even wonder about the Bust lounge... does it seem to anybody else like the *sexually* transmitted disease thread should maybe go in the *sex* lounge? Don't get me wrong, I love the content and character and opportunities of the lounge, but... it just seems like we have that same separation between the "fun" aspects of sex and the darker ones.
cloverbee
totally. it's a scary world out there and i'm not just being paranoid or a "downer" or whatever. the next person i choose to have sex w/ will be tested beforehand. i now have a policy. sex is not fun and games like a lot of people think. maybe it was in the '60's but it's not anymore. sad but true.
johanna
What's up everyone?

I've got an HPV question for you. I contracted the warts version last summer with my last boyfriend. (I knew he had it and everything. Some of you may even remember seeing me post here, looking for advice before I slept with him).

Anyway, we are not together for a few months now, and I haven't been with anyone else. The thing is, I thought I would only want committed, serious relationships, but now I feel a lot more laid back and I wouldn't mind a friend with benefits. Obviously, these kinds of people are the least likely to be cool with STDs!

So, my question is, if it's been a year since my last outbreak and there was only one, and I have had normal paps, is this thing passed? I've heard people say after 2 years you can stop worrying and informing your partners, but what are the stats on 1 year? I've also read that women tend to get one outbreak, and often no more. So far it looks like I'm in that group. So do I still have it after the outbreak? Could I still transmit HPV to a partner?

What do you gals normally do in this situation? And do you get turned down when you tell guys you have HPV?

Thanks in advance!

Jo
bella coola
Hey Jo! I've done a lot of research, and am POed that the medical field doesn't do more research about it. But I've heard from a number of sources (including the nurse that diagnosed me) that they figure that the system either:

- represses the virus completely (only comes up when the immune system is severely comprimised) or
- clears the virus from the body

The studies talked about doing a DNA test for HPV and finding it absent after a patient was known to be infected, so either of those would have happened.

Anyway - they say that it can do whatever it does (repress or clear) anywhere from six months to two years - I think it means that it can happen as quick as six months, but may take as long as two years (that window being the general rule). So after a year it sounds like you should be fine smile.gif

Ethics probably suggest that you tell any partners all of that - that you have had an outbreak, but the chances of them contracting it are mighty slim.
maddy29
word octin- good question, why is this thread in here, not in the sex thread. I want to refer everyone here over to the "general sex thread", and I want everyone in that thread to come over and read this thread. STD's are real, and anyone can get one. Sex is fun, but it has consequences, sadly.

So happy for the peeps that got their negative results-whew!

the good news is that clamydia, gonohrea and syphillis (ok i suck at spelling!) are cureable, right? They are pretty common and I think they go away with treatment. The scary ones, to me, are HPV (although I think tha'ts mostly because of the stigma around it) and HIV (which scares the shit outta me since I work in HIV research and get to read/code interviews about people living with HIV and it sucks)

I agree that you should tell any partners about your outbreak. Really, most if not all of us have some form of fun warty virus in our bodies (cold sores, herpes, genital warts, whatever). But you CAN pass it on, even if you aren't having an outbreak. AND, it can spread even if you use a condom, because it passes flesh to flesh, you don't have to exhcange bodily fluids...

although, you said your pap was fine, so does that mean that it's just gone? hmmmmm, no wonder we're all confused!
johanna
Bella - thanks for the great news.
*runs out and sleeps with whole town*

I agree, I think I should tell my partners, but if I can let them know that the chances of them contracting it are very minute, then that makes both of us much happier smile.gif

I think after 2 years, I'd stop telling people though!
bella coola
Happy to help you be happy, Jo! Have fun - and for cripes sake be careful! Ha
~Chanel~
Hello ladies!! I am a newby to bust and I am amazed by all the support all the members have for each other, especially considering these are not easy topics to talk about. I am currerenly undergoing major psychological stress due to some uncertain behavior going on down south. I've noticed that every so often I have some irritation on the fold between the labia minora and majora that looks a little raw but it goes away within two to three days, sometimes in a day. And I've noticed it usually occurs after I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend or when I wear thongs that are not cotton. But the major reason that I am concerned is because I know that I have oral HSV1 and I know that it can be transmitted to the genital area. I haven't experienced the symptoms on my vagina that I do when I get a cold sore but I've read that HSV1 doesn't usually behave in the same manner in the genital area because it's not in it's preferred location so I'm freaked out!! I've read that most people don't even know they have it because they affiliate it with something else. I hope one of you can help me out with personal experiences with genital herpes!![s][/s]
kelkello
Hey Chanel,

I PM'd you. I hope it helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.