Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
rantrave88
Is there a long distance thread? Can I restart it if it is gone?
bunnyb
rantrave, I bumped the LDR thread for you in The Mating Game.

six, I think it should be "This Just In..." (can't get any clearer than that).
wombat
"This just in" sounds good. One of you start it! Pleez!! I was left talking about funerals in Celebrity Gossip! Funerals do not fit into "gossip" exactly.

rantrave88: do you mean, long distance relationships?
bunnyb
it's started, over in ATWT.
wombat
Thanks for the threads!
LoveMyPugs
We need a procrastination thread. We could call it:

I’ll do it later…the procrastination thread. What are you avoiding?
pollystyrene
I bumped the Procrastination thread in Working Girls for you LMP!
LoveMyPugs
Thanks Polly! No procrastinating on your end uh? tongue.gif
pollystyrene
I'll get around to answering you later laugh.gif
bunnyb
The BUSTie 2006 awards have commenced in Media Whores.
stargazer
i know treehugger wanted to know if there was a thread for caregivers, which made me think about other people who need support, vent, whatnot for loved ones, friends, SO, partners dealing with illness.

any suggestions? thread names suggestions?
sixelacat
The first title that came to mind was Support 'Hos (for which I'm pretty sure I should be flogged...)

*slinks away in bad pun-making shame*
LoveMyPugs
sixelacat

Support 'Hos blink.gif

laugh.gif tongue.gif

Very Funny!!! Going to think of that later and laugh...
tramplamps
Hey hey . Just saying Hi.
stargazer
omg!! i love it sixelacat!

well, if i hear no objections then i will start a new thread in the family and friends thread...

ETA: ok i started the thread with the name given by sixelacat in family and friends. i hope this helps!
nohope
Happy New Year Y'all
wombat
Geez, the "bustie awards" thread is dead in the water.

Are we not awesome this year?

hmmm.

C'mon, someone besides me, bunny, doodle and mouse!

And no n00bs or voting for yourself smile.gif !!
bunnyb
I know, it's disappointing sad.gif.

Someone has to vote for Mandolyn for best Bustie hostess/get together (someone who was there). Oh and for me and "How Depp is Your Love?" for best thread title wink.gif.
ananke
I was wondering about where I go to ask the almighty BUSTies for fashion advice?

I need help here...
bunnyb
In AbFad there's a thread called The Empress's New Clothes were people usually go to ask advice.
deschatsrouge
Is any one interested in a thread about polycystic ovarian disease (pcos)?
ananke
Ah thanks BunnyB. I looked around but missed it.
pepper
i posted this in the green thread but i don't know how many people actually read that so i'm putting it here as well. it's pretty scary but it explains so much. please watch it (it's a bit longish) and pass it along, it really needs to get out there.

Global Dimming.
wombat
Thanks pepper!
wombat
EEEE!! Who besides me has downloaded the bit torrent imp BUST mediataster!!

It's GREAT didn't even take long to download stuff -- listening to The Gossip right now!
raisingirl
Deschats, I bumped up the Bloody Grrls thread for you. Maybe that will help?
culturehandy
I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but didn't we used to have a would you rather type game? Or maybe I'm just insane. Anyways, who'd be interested in that? For example, would you rather have to be best friends with Brittney Spears or Paris Hilton? Stuff like that. Any takers?
bunnyb
I'll take; I vaguely remember something along those lines ...
girltrouble
me too. sounds fun...kinda.... eewww...britney or paris....ugh.
culturehandy
Yay! Now I just need a clever title. Hmmm, how about; Would you rather, the thread of terrible aweful choices.

Okay, so I've started the thread in Media Whores, and it's called Would you rather, the new game of horrible, aweful, no good choices.
pepper
would you rather be pamela anderson or condoleeza rice?
bunnyb
Pamela Anderson, at least she has morals however loose they may be.
wombat
At first I read that as "would you rather type?"

ha! sounds fun.
LoveMyPugs
Can someone please explain to me how the Single word association game works in Media Whores? I don’t want to interrupt by asking how to play. I thought I got it but then some of the words people post confuse me as to the idea of the game.

Challenged here blink.gif
hamburg
i wondered if you guys had a discussion here about "big love" (the series on HBO) and where i could find it.
i tried to search the "what about this" and "drug of nations" threads in the media forum, but i'm always getting error messages. am i doing something wroing or it the search function not working?

pepper
pugs, you read the last word and type the first word that comes into your head.
mornington
pugs, it is just word association - take the first post and write whatever pops into your head. I think our minds just work funny sometimes...

hanburg, it's in media whores, but it's been quiet. i've bumped it for you... with a lot of the threads in MW, you need to go down to the bottom and change "show all... in the last 30 days" to "show all threads" in the drop-down boxes.
culturehandy
I figured I'd post my querie here, b/c more BUSTies check this thread out. Is the new issue of BUST actually out now? Normally they give a date that it is coming out. And none of the retailers, who get the new issue the day it comes out, have it yet. *deep sigh* I want it now!!!!!!!!
sixelacat
culture, I got my issue in the mail a couple of days ago, haven't looked in shops lately....
culturehandy
How odd. blink.gif Well, maybe things are just a little slow. I do recall one time when I worked at a bookstore, we didn't get some stuff on time because there was a train derailment (which was pretty fun to tell customers...)
deschatsrouge
Thanks Raisin
kickitkickitkickit
I'm so happy to be here
go_kayte
I also posted this in Sapphic Sex:
I'm wondering if there's a thread (or could be one if anyone was interested) on general queer issues (not just sex as Sapphic Sex is) and coming out support, etc. I tried searching but I didn't find anything.
tesao
go_kayte: i'm pretty sure that there used to be a thread like that. i looked around for it too, and couldn't find it.

does anyone else remember?

i know that there is some way to see really old threads, but not sure how to go about that. i'd be up for another thread that talked about those issues, though. i might not post in it (i'm not here as much as i used to be or as much as i would like), but i think that it would be a great addition.

anyone else? yea or nay or know how to find threads that can't be seen?
mornington
I'm all yay. If there was a thread, it's possible it got eaten in the clean-up before the switch to the new lounge. Unless you go to "show all threads" at the bottom of the page (where it normally says "last 30 days"), that's all i can think of.

I say start it up, kayte.
go_kayte
Hmm... well I found a bisexuality thread, "Boys? Girls? Both?" so maybe I should just bump that. It's good enough for me if it's good enough for y'all. Yes I said "y'all". I'm standing by it.
starshine
Hey Kayte, I'm new here but I think bumping the old thread would be a great idea - I always love to see past discussions. And it's definitely a topic I'd be interested in. And "y'all" is a beautiful word, that I wish I could pull off in my everyday life, unfortunately, everytime I try it just doesn't go over that well (I think it has something to do with being in the great white north) so I just stick with "eh", eh laugh.gif
go_kayte
Well in that case I hope y'all go over to it and post!
culturehandy
I was once told we had a what's in a name thread, I think it would be fun to have it resurrected, just so we can see where our screen names came from.
bunnyb
I second that.

eta: how about a "what do you call your "down there"?" thread?! a Vagina Monologues thread (inspired by the coochie talk in the flamewar thread).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.