Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
dj-bizmonkey
thanks tyger, i'll poke my head around!
tyg3r
Hi everyone,

I hope this is appropriate here. I've been a die-hard BUST subscriber since 2001 and unfortunately I have to get rid of all my 29 back issues. :( I really want them to go to a good home!

If you are interested, please check out my eBay auction item 110142566171

Alternately, if you don't have an eBay account you're welcome to reply to me privately and we'll see what we can do.

Best wishes,
Kristin
mouse
can i start a thread devoted to stupid things one does? i was using the confession thread but now that i find myself with two idiotic stories in one week i think it may merit a new thread. i'm sure i can't be the only hopeless case on these boards, right......?

anyway, the first was my stupid bath injury, and now tonight i failed at life making dinner. i put the frozen gyoza in the steamer, put the steamer in the pot, and put the pot on the lit stove. i went to wait for the water to boil, utterly forgetting that i had forgotten to add water. came back five minutes later, thought "hmmm, why do they look so dry?" and then cursed myself for being so inept. and now i am eating smoked gyoza for dinner.
pollystyrene
I was thinking it might be fun to have a Seventeen-style embarrassing story thread. I, of course, have nothing to contribute to that!! laugh.gif
crazyoldcatlady
mouse, i thought about starting something like that a while back, after i left my car windows open for a week at a long-term parking lot near Boston-Logan. i felt like such a dumbass when i came back and there was a garbage bag taped to the side. my stomach dropped for a second thinking my car was busted into...

i say start it!
sixelacat
I'll third that, mouse. I've got a few (rather like your smoked dinner story...I've SO done that one!) about myself and even a couple about my mom, who is famous for that type of thing. Do you have a good title in mind? I'm thinking something like Smart Women, Stupid (insert something clever here...I'm drawing a blank).
mouse
six, that's a good one! i can't find anything kicky to put in the blank though. smart women, stupid stories is kind of lame. i actually came up with a good name driving home from work but i can't remember it all...it did have the excellent phrase "d'oh!" in it tongue.gif

maybe "smart women, stupid moments"?

oh, and what section? friends & family? ab fad?
culturehandy
I remember pitching a say anything type thread a few years ago, never did get around to starting it. I agree! Start it!
pollystyrene
laugh.gif I was thinking something with "D'oh!" too, mouse!
stargazer
oh yeah, "D'oh" in the title sounds good.

and the feminist in me says we should make it inclusive for the men of the lounge and not keep the title restricted to women. yeah, i had to go there.

dude, i'm a total klutz. i once walked into a parking meter. i thought i was hilarious. i also fell down some stairs the other day after yoga. guess i wasn't "that" centered after all. rolleyes.gif
LustfullyPink
Is there a thread around here where we can post our writing and things? I just wrote a mildly funny poem, and I was thinking it would be fun to post.
kelkello
LustfullyPink, you might try using the blog function in your control "My Controls" panel.
pollystyrene
There was a poetry thread- something about "sad goats" in the title smile.gif but I don't remember where it was.
dj-bizmonkey
Would any of you ladies object if I started a thread about living in and around New Orleans in the Friends and Family forum (since that seems to be where all the regional stuff is). I looked around for one but couldn't find anything closely related. If there is a better place to put it or you think it's a bad idea, holla back!
Lesbajew
I'm having trouble finding a make up thread, as well as one on knitting. Does that simply go into the sewing thread?

Also, is there any sort of fiction writing thread? If so, would anyone mind me starting on? I'm not sure where is it would go...
humanist77
Lesbajew, yes the knitting goes into "the Thread Thread", and there's a makeup thread called "don't hate me because I'm beautiful"~not sure about the fiction writing thread. I think there is one in Media Whores that is a continuous story (each person adds a sentence)..

Is that thread about having the hots for a teacher still around? Was it in Working Grrls?

ETA~ah yes, the storytelling thread is called "It Was A Dark and Stormy Night"..
sixelacat
There is a Hot for Teacher part III thread in Working Grrls, but it is actually FOR teachers (and therefore on summer break, I think smile.gif ). The Crush thread is always a good place to talk about having the hots for a teacher!
humanist77
thanks, sixela, I know that now. I found the thread. And while I originally was looking for somewhere to post about my hot teacher, I also happened to have a good question pertaining to teaching in general so I don't look like such a moron now tongue.gif
sukouyant
Lesbajew, just a fly by on my way to work, but if you mean a fiction thread about writing itself, there's a thread in Working Girl's called The Writer's Block (started by moi cool.gif a lifetime ago). & the don't hate me because I'm beautiful thread that Humanist pointed you to is in the Absolutely Fabulous forum.
girltrouble
yawn. troll alert.

ignore linky here: to ignore perilous times
just hit the ignore button on the next screen.

and here is the code (minus the right "]") to post in other threads incase i, or another bustie doesn't post. it should take you to your own ignore screen and put perilous in the correct space. just hit the ignore button.

code:
[url=http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?act=usercp&CODE=ignore&uid=26402]to ignore perilous times[/url

girltrouble
yawn. troll alert.

ignore linky here: to ignore perilous times
just hit the ignore button on the next screen.

and here is the code (minus the right "]") to post in other threads incase i, or another bustie doesn't post. it should take you to your own ignore screen and put perilous in the correct space. just hit the ignore button.

code:
[url=http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?act=usercp&CODE=ignore&uid=26402]to ignore perilous times[/url

grrrlyouwant
*waves* hi steve! my local planned parenthood once again thanks you for the generous donation i just made in your name. happy.gif
pixiedust
Someone is really on top of the cleanups lately! Thanks Lounge Lady or whatever powers that be!
yummymum
Ok I have a (maybe) stupid question. How do I view the next page of threads within a topic? I keep looking all over the screen for the 1,2,3 but can't find it. I know they are there. But I usually end up just using the search function to locate a specific thread.

Help! I'm blonde. Sorry smile.gif
girltrouble
upper left side. a couple of lines below the lounge ladies.
doodlebug
yummymum, are you not able to see the 1, 2, 3 links right above the top post? There is a second set of them at the bottom of the thread, too....
aoakley
Is there a thread for California busties? I know there used to be...I might be relocating and wanted to ask some info. Thanks!
yummymum
Yes, I see the page numbers listed above inside the thread. However, I can't see the same on the previous page where all of the threads in a particular topic are listed. Do you know what I mean? And I know that there are more threads in each topic...

girltrouble
that page doesn't have that up there. for that you need to go to the lower right hand corner above the date a couple of lines where it says "get topics for:" and select different options on how far back you want to go.
treehugger
Okay, I know I started this thread before, and it failed and went stagnant and I let it drop off the page...but now, I'm thinking it may have a chance.

How about a "women who work in male dominated careers" thread?

Because, since my previous attempt, we now have kiss the fiddler, girltrouble, rudderless, just off the top of my head...and I know Pugs is studying engineering, too, which is hardly female dominated...and I KNOW i'm missing lots of Busties.

Anyhoo, I'm just trolling for interest here...
grrrlyouwant
i'm down for a california busties thread. can we call it 'fruits, flakes, and nuts'? you know, that old joke, what do california and trail mix have in common? they're both full of fruits flakes and nuts. happy.gif
kiss_the_fiddler
QUOTE(treehugger @ Jul 13 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Okay, I know I started this thread before, and it failed and went stagnant and I let it drop off the page...but now, I'm thinking it may have a chance.

Because, since my previous attempt, we now have kiss the fiddler, girltrouble, rudderless, just off the top of my head...and I know Pugs is studying engineering, too, which is hardly female dominated...and I KNOW i'm missing lots of Busties.

I'm game. I'd love a place to bitch and moan about the fire world. The reason I'm not going out on extended fires this year is because I got sick and tired of having to kick dumb guys out of my tent. Gees, a girl needs her space, you know?
treehugger
YAY! We got one vote, at least. Anybody else interested in a "women in male dominated careers" thread??? Or anybody with objections to me trying this one again????? With a promise that if it goes stagnant, I'll (like last time) gracefully let it drop off the page?

C'mon, inquiring minds want to know!
girltrouble
well tree you know you got my vote, although i'm not around much right now...
sukouyant
i'd be interested in lurking in that thread treehugger, but i suppose that doesn't count.
candycane_girl
I'm curious about that thread TH. I'm not in any particular field yet but I just got my diploma in Advertising. I find it kind of a paradox because there are a lot of ads aimed at women right now but that certainly doesn't meant that they were created by women. And also the influence of women in that industry seems to change depending on the location. I heard a story from one of my profs that a man from some agency in London was making a speech to a huge industry group in Toronto and made a derogatory joke about women. What he didn't know was that women over here have a lot more pull and power in the industry and as a result of the comment he ended up getting fired!

kissthefidler, I've been curious about what life is like for woman firefighters ever since I started watching Rescue Me.
octobersky
EDIT: found the thread, had to fiddle with my settings - duh! wacko.gif

Does anyone know where the "Bizzaro Websites" thread went? It's not in media whores anymore and I couldn't find the second page to media whores - did those threads just drop off?

If the thread is no more would anyone object to me restarting that thread?
LoveMyPugs
QUOTE(treehugger @ Jul 13 2007, 09:41 PM) *

treehugger -

sorry...i didn't see your post on the 13th. i'm down with a new thread about working in a male dominated career. although i'm technically not working in it yet i can bitch about taking classes with mostly men. does that count?
LoveMyPugs
sorry for the double post but...

i know we have a music thread and a favorite youtube thread but i wish we had a thread that was just for muisc videos. i find so many new and old videos that i like that i want to post but i don't really know where to put them that it won't seem like i'm interrupting things. anyone have any suggestions?
culturehandy
Pugs, I like that idea! it would also be fun to crituqe the videos and ask, what the hell were you thinking. That reminds me of a show called video on trial, so funny.

Media whores seems like the appropriate place.
LoveMyPugs
anyone else up for a music video thread?

any unique names for it?
pollystyrene
Video Killed the Radio Star?
grrrlyouwant
hee! i was just coming back here to suggest that polly. laugh.gif i likes it.
LoveMyPugs
Done!!!

Video Killed the Radio Star Thread

Thanks!!
Jaymi
Hi All - this is my first post in this area. Someone suggested that this was the best place for me to talk about....

This blog I run, called The Feminist Pulse, has some debate going on at one of the posts that I'm wanting to get others involved in.

See, I do a weekly interview on there. The latest was with an author writing about feminism and men. It's sparked a lot of serious debate between two of the blog's readers and I wanted to see if I could get some other people stopping in and putting in their two cents. Here is the Specific Post, and I really appreciate anyone and everyone who adds to the conversation. smile.gif
grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him. does anybody else have our donate to planned parenthood on his behalf link, cause i couldn't find it.

[/color]
culturehandy
I have to admit that I baited him in the CBC thread. The mofo's been trying to add comments to my profile, thank goodness I've got all comments on needing approval. I've informed LL of this new degree of creepiness.
grrrlyouwant
yeah, i was wondering what the whole steve come in my mouth was doing in cbc, then i saw the asshole's posts all over the place. it was kind of funny though. laugh.gif

hey, don't we have this guy's name and some other personal information about him? cause if we have a phone number and home address, place of employment, i'm all for making that shit public and letting the harassing phone calls and letters fall where they may.
grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.
grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.