Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.

grrrlyouwant
steve's back trolling again as lord jesus christ. click on this handy link to ignore the asshole with delusions of deity. and as always, don't feed him.

grrrlyouwant

grrrlyouwant

grrrlyouwant

grrrlyouwant

grrrlyouwant
well steve, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down. i've got back episodes of 'rock of love' to catch up on. night, asshole.
grrrlyouwant

faerietails2
culturehandy
Reason 8,642 why we need moderators. Like some of the BUSTies who have been here a while that way we can get rid of these trolls asap.
tyg3r
Hi,

eBay removed my listing of 29 super-rare back issues of BUST at the last minute because I said I'd accept cash. Unfortunately I've been too busy to relist them until now, but they're finally up at item # 110156743566

I hope you're still interested!

Thanks!
Kristin
faerietails2
Yay! Thanks LoungeLady! smile.gif
culturehandy
Thank you Thank you Thank you LL!!!!

*runs and gives humungo hug*
grrrlyouwant
oh, thank maude! and thanks loungelady. if you wanna remove my ten bajillion watch out for the troll posts too, i'm cool with that.
girlbomb
Awww! I was all set to register as Lord Jesus Crisco.
missladyj
anyone interested in restarting the Hot For Teacher thread? I am getting to the end of summer break and I know I am gonna need to vent.
bunnyb
Is anyone up for an ice cream thread (to discuss flavours, post recipes, drool...) or should we continue to utilise busting trolls?

really, I just want to use "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream" or "what's your flava?" as thread titles wink.gif.
culturehandy
Mmm an ice cream thread.

Those are really fantastic thread titles bunny!!!!
tesao
heeee! those are good thread titles, bunnybmine! i have to admit, though, i like the idea of keeping it where it is, it is sort of bizarrely unexpected and therefore wonderful......

and technically, recipes and food talk is already being done in the barefoot and in the kitchen thread...

not sure if there should be a separate one just for ice cream.
gluelita
hi busties, i have a flavor flav to ask please. first, i would like to say that while i have not been here in ages, i am not a newbie, i am just a lostie. i used to spend quite a bit of time here (as glowlita) and i am not just some random spammer coming to bother the community. i have to write a paper and i have an 11 question survey for which i need participants. would it be possible to please post the link somewhere and ask that people respond? and where might be the best place to do that? i would like to be respectful and follow all the protocols so as not to disturb the bustie ecosystem with my little demands. i would really appreciate the assistance. thank you in advance for any guidance. smile.gif
culturehandy
Holy Crap!!!! A glowlita sighting!!!!

We have a shameless self promotion thread where you could post your questions. I believe it's in AdFab. Aside from that I'm not too sure where you could put it.
gluelita
thanks, culturehandy!
flanker_ji
Hey Everybustie, I want to discuss my thoughts on re-entering the creative process. I don't quite feel like that belongs in the Art Busties thread, since that thread is more focused on working in the art industry (which I'm no longer doing), and seems a little OT for kvetch.

So what do y'all think? Is it worth it to start a new thread, or should I post in Art Busties/Kvetch?

Thanks!
grrrl_riot
An ice cream thread sounds like a good idea.
britarchivist
Anyone have their past like 3 issues of bust and nopt want them anymore? I havent been able to afford them lately and miss em
bunnyb
Please don't tell me that's why you wanted to start a thread - to ask about old copies of BUST? rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, jury's still out on an ice cream thread ... maybe we should just utilise the threads we already have.

flanker_ji, sorry I'm not sure ... it may be something the writer's block people could use if it was a general creativity thread...

How about a thread devoted to Dexter? I was thinking of Dearly Devoted to Dexter or Darkly Devoted to Dexter (playing on the book titles)?
~pepper~
has anyone else just suffered a dingo attack? for whatever reason i can't log in and the new password i requested won't work.

oh well, this is me until i get it figured out so i can drop the ~~'s from my name

i just wanted to (i can't sleep btw) post this somewhere. it's terrific.

Beverly Whipple, Science of Orgasm

if this should go elsewhere please feel free. i'm off to try and get some sleep now.
raisingirl
Does anyone (other than myself) have any interest in restarting the Swap Me Beautiful thread in AbFad? I checked the archives and it's not there, so I'd have to create a new thread. It used to be a thread where we could post items that we wanted to trade with other Busties. I once got some Tori Amos t-shirts from Chatnoire that way (one of which I still have, believe it or not). I know some of us are very protective of our identities, so maybe if we restart it, we can have some sort of rule saying that one can reject a swap request if one isn't familiar with a particular Bustie (or just wants to say no for the sake of saying no). Whaddya think?

I don't mind talking about ice cream in the trolls thread or the barefoot thread.

Flanker, have you checked the Writer's Block? You might be interested in what we've recently been discussing...
pepper
i second the swap thread even though i never did get that woman on top tshirt. hmm, who was that even from, i forget...

eta, i fixed my log in problem, no idea what happened. the power flickered last night and my computer got shut off? who knows.
crazyoldcatlady
raisin, i'd be down. i was sorta thinkin about that the other day, 'cause i used to do nervousness.org stuff a long time ago ("mail art").
i'd be open to swappin', but i agree with you on the right to defer or not.
raisingirl
Whoo! Two of you are already interested! Fantastic. I'll wait for some more responses. I think this could be really good especially for those of us who have cute or decent clothes that we are growing out of (either because we're shrinking or expanding, your choice) and want to pass them on to someone who really wants them (and vice versa, because we want cute clothes from other Busties). Or for those of us with unique little things that belong in someone else's home, etc.

I used to love nervousness (or rather the idea of it) but I didn't participate.

Yeah, I definitely want to put in a "right to say no" clause! Because I can be a bitch, but at least I'm honest about it.
flanker_ji
Thanks rasin, I'll check out writer's block. I'd also check out a new swap me beautiful thread. I've got quite a few things I could unload...
raisingirl
Cool! I'll leave it for the weekend in case anyone else wants to chime in with ground rules, etc.; otherwise, I will start it up sometime on Tuesday (I want to make sure I have a couple of items to list to get it started).
bunnyb
Could we book swap or is it just clothes?
pepper
couldn't it just be a common swap area for anything? that would be good.

did anyone read that article i linked too? it really was terrific. should i put it somewhere else maybe?
raisingirl
Sure, why not?
pollystyrene
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Anyone know what it means when the little head and shoulders icon next to someone's screen name is orange as opposed to gray? I thought maybe it meant the person was online, but I don't think so. I'm in work-safe mode, if that helps.

I managed to screen-print it....I love Macs! So why is turbo's icon orange, but culture's and moxie's are not? According to the list, at the time I did that screen print, they were all online at the time.:
culturehandy
Maybe it has to do with online status?
pollystyrene
That's what I thought, but according to the list at the bottom of the main page, you were all on at the time I took the screen shot.
sixelacat
I think it has something to do with whether or not the person is on your friends list. I could be wrong.....
sukouyant
Hi all I have an idea for a thread to be hammered out. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a discussion thread, where every couple weeks (3? 4?) someone could link a feminist based essay for discussion. I'm not sure how we would decide who gets to post each subsequent essay. Definitely linking to since a whole essay might be too long to post in a thread. Alternatively I could easily create a blog area on one of those free journal sites where we could post and link to the essay to discuss over here. (Does anyone know if that would bring up terrible copyright issues?)
girltrouble
sukouyant, i love the idea, i think the way to decide which essay to choose next would be to vote.

and i think that sixel is right. it's friends list.
raisingirl
Tomorrow. I'll start the new Swap thread tomorrow. Too. Tired. Tonight.

The Swap thread is up and running in AbFad! Go have a looksie! Give me a little bit of time to write up descriptions of what I've got...
pollystyrene
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 3 2007, 12:54 PM) *

and i think that sixel is right. it's friends list.

I must be on their list, then, because I don't have anyone on my list.

Yay for the swap thread!
kiss_the_fiddler
Any more interest (besides treehugger) in a thread for women who work in male dominated fields? We could call it 'Just one of the guys, NOT'.

fiddler
treehugger
It's frustrating, isn't it, KTF? I tried a "We Can Do It, Rosie!" thread a couple years ago and sadly, it died after a couple months. But I'd be up for starting one up...if nobody has any objections...and we could promise the board that we would gracefully let it die if it doesn't get any action.

I do think it's got more of a chance of flying this time...there's a few more of us nontrads here now.

Any objections or interest? Pugs had expressed some interest..and I'm not sure Rudderless ever saw our proposal.

And..I think the red icon is indeed online status and has no bearing on friends lists...because some people are showing up red to me right now and we're not on each other's lists.

If you look closely at the members list at the bottom, it says these members were active "in the past fifteen minutes". So it's possible that a person could show up on that list, and not actually be online, if it were within ten or fifteen minutes.
sukouyant
As I said, I would probably lurk there, but all of my current jobs are female dominated.

GirlTrouble it looks like we're the only ones up for a reading-discussion thread - which disappoints me! Because I don't have that kind of reading circle in my life right now.

deschatsrouge
Are there any Busties from the Pacific Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho) and Southwestern Canada who would be interested in having a thread in Friends and Family? If so, what should we call it?
kittenb
sokuyant & girltrouble, I think (I could be wrong) that Bookcrossing and Good Reads both offer on-line reading groups. I know it isn't the same as a Bust group but it is something. I am in two book groups and I am working to get out of one right now so I do not wish to take on a third. However, both of my groups have been very important to me so I can't understate what they mean to me.

After once again failing in my search to find a "green" abrasive cleaner for my bathtub I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a "Going Green" thread. A place where we can share reviews on evironmentally friendly stuff; cleaning products, foods, clothes, companies, everything. Anyone?
pollystyrene
I'd be interested in a "Going Green" thread, kitten. I at least try to stay environmentally-friendly with my cleaning products, so I wouldn't mind sharing my knowledge and getting some good tips from others.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Bon Ami is environmentally-friendly. There's no chlorine in it and it's biodegradable, last I heard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.