Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
kiss_the_fiddler
I'm not the holiday nut that you are, Shiny, but I'm game for a holiday thread. Cool.

fiddler
crinoline
A general holiday thread sounds very cool, I like the idea of sharing crafts/ ideas / traditions.
shinyx3
oh oh oh can i will start it in ab fab. i love! holidays!
ambientstar21
Yeah. I'm new and I'm not sure how things work in the Bust Lounge. Are there specific ares to post threads or different topics?
sixelacat
Welcome ambientstar! New threads are fairly rare, as unlike many other boards they are not used here for one single discussion but generally for an ongoing topic that can have several discussions (and re-discussions) in it. There are several forums (such as The F-Word, Media Whores, Our Bodies Our Hells), and each forum has many topic threads. If there is something specific you are looking to discuss or share, chances are there is a thread for it.

For example, if you're looking to discuss a good movie, the Reel Life thread in the Media Whores forum would be the place to go. Or, if you wanted to discuss female beauty standards in Western culture, you could pop into the Constructing/De-Constructing the Pretty Girl thread in the F-Word forum. The only reason the posts in most of our threads don't go back literally years is due to the old software this board used to use. But still, most threads do go back for a year or two, and the discussions generally make for thoughtful reading.

If you do find there's something you want to discuss and can't find an existing thread for it, this Community Forum is exactly the place to ask! smile.gif Someone will point you in the right direction, or even bump the thread to the top of the board for you to make it easy for you to find. That way, everyone gets the benefit of all the older posts on the topic as well as your new one!

I hope that makes navigating the board a little easier for you. Enjoy!
bunnyb
shiny, have you thought of a thread title yet? I thought of "Tis the Season to be a BUSTie" or something like it.

Did anyone notice in The BUSTline that the what we're talking about in the lounge bit had a quote from maimy? I realise that loungelady (or whoever looks for the quotes but for some reason I think it's her) was looking for a good Hallowe'en quote but she used one from a year ago, from a poster who has left for reasons that would imply that she wouldn't like to be publicly quoted. It is also something quite misleading to potential posters. I thought there was something quite immoral about it, but that may just be me and it's nothing more than unfortunate (and makes us miss maimy all the more).
girltrouble
OMG, sixel!
" Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974"
you are a riot!!!!
kittenb
There are two threads that I am interested in starting.

The first is a thread where we can talk about what feminism is. It seems that there is a lot of conversation, both positive and negative, about what it means to be a good/real feminist (does a feminist wear makeup, like to cook, etc. Can a feminist be anti-choice?). I want to make a space for that conversation here.

The second is a little more silly but I would like a kissing thread. Just a thread about kissing, why we like it, do we like it, that sort of thing. Since it is a little less "spicey" than some of our topics, I think it could fit into the Mating forum and not the Sex forum. This way I can read it at work. laugh.gif

Any interest in either of these? Thanks.
deschatsrouge
I would weigh in in a kissing forum. I'd dig talking about what the Missus likes and what I like. Maybe even some gross or funny kissing stories?
girlygirlgag
I would be interested in the feminist discussion.I know I don't share a lot of experiences I have had or feelings on here because so many posters dismiss others on not being "feminist" enough, etc.

In fact, I think many feminists alienate a lot of women because of that philosophy, which keeps the stereotype of "Man hating lesbian" alive.

I believe with feminism, though there are some absolutes, there is a lot left to interpretation.
pixiedust
I am with you GGG...my only concern in a thread like that is that because of the "interpretations" it would end up being a "I'm more feminist than you" pissing contest as what sometimes happens around here when someone decides that someone else did/does something unfeminist. i almost hate to define what a feminist is, because then I think you are almost putting it in a box and labeling it.
erinjane
I'm totally up for the feminist discussion. There are some interesting things happening at my university womyn's centre that I think would fit well in a discussion like that.
kittenb
Okay, I started the thread here. I hope everyone likes my witty thread title and forgives my grammatical whoopsie. rolleyes.gif
yuefie
Is anyone else interested in a thread about the show "Dexter"? It could also include discussion of the books, I suppose. And if so, what about something along the lines of Darkly Dreaming or The Dark Avenger for the title?
bunnyb
yuefie, I suggested a Dexter thread a couple of months ago but there were no takers at the time. I was thinking "Dearly Devoted to Dexter". Anyway, I'd still be up for the thread but I won't be posting for a while as want to watch season 2 all at once (or may watch half and half).
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(kittenb @ Oct 30 2007, 12:43 AM) *
Okay, I started the thread here. I hope everyone likes my witty thread title and forgives my grammatical whoopsie. rolleyes.gif

Grammatical whoopsies are totally NOT feminist. ohmy.gif

wink.gif
kittenb
I know, I know! A good feminist always spell-checks.
girltrouble
hey.

i was reading a thread when there was a really inane, moronic comment by a troll. normally i would just put them on the ignore list, but i got to thinking.... why cant we have not admins, but atleast moderators in some of the more sensitive topics? not to really interrupt the thread or it's discussions/disputes, but simply to keep trolls from starting shit. i know the lounge lady doesn't really want to reliquish any control, and that we've been self modded since forever, i just think that some of the topics merit that much respect. busties really put themselves out there, and that doesn't seem too much to ask, since trolls are constantly butting in, saying rather offensive things.

what do y'all think?
girl! trouble
culturehandy
GT, I like it!

I, CH, hereby second the fabulous motion by the fabulous GT.
kittenb
I like the idea and will be happy to help out, but what could we do?
girltrouble
well... i was thinking of something of an online thing-- we could each send her a form letter saying what i just said, and a post in her thread with each of us a post in her thread saying that we think this is a good idea...

i don't want to overwelm her, but just make a respectful request. i really do think some of the topics, like ask me about my abortion, or the survivor's threads--- i just have so much respect for all of the busties who post there-- they are really putting themselves out there, and i think we ought to meet them half way, if no other reason than because of the support, honesty and depth they bring this site, and each other. it's such a beautiful thing...it just upsets me to see these assholes try and disrupt these very profound experiences being shared. god knows life is hard enough, but to find someone-- a group of someones who get where you've been, and get it-- that is just so beautiful, and we need to do what we can to protect and respect it.

i can think of only 4 topics that need mods, the two i've mentioned, (which, are the two most crutcial) the other possible ones are the sex work thread, and floggers. i think the mods ought to be chosen by those who frequent the threads, who have a history of being cool headed, but are there any more threads?

we also need to know how many busties would be on board for this...
grrrlyouwant
oh, i'd totally be down for a dexter thread! i've got the first season on dvd and am now downloading the second season eps as they become available. i'd love to have a thread to gush over it.
pollystyrene
I got some website addresses to opt-out of junk mail and those pre-screened credit card and car insurance offers. I filed my info and it's really easy. The Bustie Better Business Bureau thread seems to be evaporated into the ether....any ideas where to post? I don't know if it's worth re-starting that thread or not.
turbojenn
Ooooh, oooh, I want that info, polly! Post it please!!!
crazyoldcatlady
how creative.

tongue.gif
bunnyb
does anyone else think that we need a "things that make me laugh" thread? for jokes, funny moments, quotes, things on TV, bustie moments...
LoveMyPugs
bunnyb - hells yeah! there are always little things in movies that crack me the fuck up. I'd love to post some of my favorites.

What are you going to name it?

faerietails2
*yawn*

Hi steve.
MoonDancer
I'm obviously new to this, but I think mons would be a good idea as well. Especially for the threads you mentioned as well as the sex work thread. I don't know about the floggers I haven't checked out that thread yet. And as for the junk-mail opt-out, I would love to get that Polly. As well as the things that makes me laugh thread. Sometimes a girl/women needs a good laugh. And the post for lipstick with lead in it I think should be posted somewhere and kept prominent.
LoveMyPugs
the irritating thing is that you can't ignore the motherfucker's avatar. where is LL?
bunnyb
I'm not sure what to call the funny things thread... I'll have a think about it but if anyone has any suggestions then please hellp a girl out.
kittenb
smile.gif

smile.gif
culturehandy
Why we need mods. I know LL is super busy and all. That's why we need the mods. So she doesn't get 8,000 reports. We'd only remove these offensive posts.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Can't we have the power to at least remove the posts? Banning users would be the decision of LL!
MoonDancer
You know this is getting very ridiculous. I agree with CH. biggrin.gif
ginger_kitty
Yawn, pics of fake aborted babies. Don't these crazies have thier own anti-abortion board where they can plot world domination, share photoshoping realistic dead baby tips, or whatever on?

Off to add a name to my ignore list....
raisingirl
I repeat for the umpteenth time: We need mods.

And yet again: I will volunteer to be a mod.

I'm getting sick of this shit and how none of us have any power to do anything substantial about it.
kittenb
Terrance: Shut your f**king face uncle f**ka
You're a cock sucking ass licking uncle f**ka
You're an uncle f**ka, yes its true
Nobody f**ks uncles quite like you

Phillip: Shut your f**king face uncle f**ka
You're the one that f**ked your uncle, uncle f**ka
You dont eat or sleep or mow the lawn,
You just f**k your uncle all day long

(farting noises)
Terrance: Hmm!
(farting noises)
(laughing)
(farting noises)
[Uncle F**ka lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

Policeman: What's going on here?
(farting noises)
F**ker f**ker uncle f**ka uncle f**ka f**ka f**ka f**ka
People: OOOoooooooooooooh
T & P: Shut your f**king face uncle f**ka (Terrance: uncle f**ka)

T & P: You're a boner biting bastard uncle f**ka
Terrance: You're an uncle f**ka I must say
Phillip:Well you f**ked your uncle yesterday
Everyone: (laughing)
Uncle f**ka... thats you
Everyone: U-N-C-L-E f**k you Uncle
F**kaaaaaa.....

Phillip:Suck my balls
yuefie

yuefie
Man I love the ignore function! wub.gif

treehugger
Hey Pugs, you CAN ignore his avatar. Unfortunately you have to ignore ALL avatars. You can go here to change your settings to make avatars invisible, for the time being.

Probably worth it right now, we can bring the avatars back once the stink is removed from the Lounge.
culturehandy
Raisin, I agree.

I'd also like to know what thee point of the report button is if nothing is being done about the posts? Further, I've seen LL in here, how hard is it to do something? Give me a freakin' break. If she's too busy, then appoint some of us. It's not like we are going to do things at random. If two people have a disagreement, it's not like the mod is going to go and delete their profile or the posts. In case like douchemag mcgee (who, if I may add, I really think gets a raging hardon at the sight of what he posts) something needs to be done. I've reported so many posts, and still shit fuck all is being done.

I have a plan. I think that we should all report every last post to LL. I mean every single one of us. He's got 73 posts so far, so if there are 100 members who report the posts, she's going to be inundated with messages. Also, perhaps if Scary was taken care of when first reported we wouldn't have found ourselves in such a predictament in the first place.

Yuef. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
pepper
yuefie OMG i never, ever use this but ROFLMAO!
practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian, oh snap!

hey girls, i think there's a guilty pleasures thread around here somewhere. anyone know where i can find it?
faerietails2
"I think that we should all report every last post to LL." That's precisely what I did with that nonstop spamming in the CBC thread.

I saw that lesbian witchcraft one on a bumper sticker once. I should've bought it! And that "Too bad I wasn't pro-choice" one cracked me up!! laugh.gif

My personal favorite:
dj-bizmonkey
hey, i want to report this freakazoid, how do i do it?

you can get that lesbian/witchcraft bumper sticker at www.northernsun.com, it's bascially random kitsch for liberals. i heart it. it's where i got my 'evolution is just a theory-- kind of like gravity' and 'what if the hokey-pokey IS what it's all about?' stickers. i also have 'militant agnostic: i don't know and you don't either,' but i'm too chicken to put it on my car. i'm afraid being in the bible belt, i might get my windows busted out.
culturehandy
To report a post, there is a little report button right under the user info (avi, location, number of posts).
dj-bizmonkey
thanks culture! i have a hard time seeing things that are right in front of my face!
culturehandy
No problem!

*tips hat*
faerietails2
It's about freakin' time! Much as I love throwing a kiss to all of you, being placed in front of a dead baby on shithead's avatar is not cool. Not. cool. But I didn't want to give him the pleasure of me venting in his presence. Bastard.

So I would like to join the chorus on the mod thing. And volunteer, if necessary.
bunnyb
QUOTE(raisingirl @ Nov 6 2007, 01:36 AM) *
I repeat for the umpteenth time: We need mods.

And yet again: I will volunteer to be a mod.

I'm getting sick of this shit and how none of us have any power to do anything substantial about it.

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 6 2007, 01:42 PM) *
Raisin, I agree.

I'd also like to know what thee point of the report button is if nothing is being done about the posts? Further, I've seen LL in here, how hard is it to do something? Give me a freakin' break. If she's too busy, then appoint some of us. It's not like we are going to do things at random. If two people have a disagreement, it's not like the mod is going to go and delete their profile or the posts. In case like douchemag mcgee (who, if I may add, I really think gets a raging hardon at the sight of what he posts) something needs to be done. I've reported so many posts, and still shit fuck all is being done.

I have a plan. I think that we should all report every last post to LL. I mean every single one of us. He's got 73 posts so far, so if there are 100 members who report the posts, she's going to be inundated with messages. Also, perhaps if Scary was taken care of when first reported we wouldn't have found ourselves in such a predictament in the first place.

further to this (and cross-posted from BUSTing Trolls): I'm so tired of LoungeLady not listening to, ignoring or not taking on board our concerns; many of us have been voicing our discontent regarding rampaging trolls for a very long time as well as the number of posts being increased before a newbie can start a thread. I think we should start a petition or poll (probably the latter is best so we/she can view objections too as only fair) to see how many people are behind having mods, increasing post number before new threads, and any other improvements we can think of (like being unable to view the avatar of an ignored user and not receiving/having to improve their comments).

What do others think? Obviously the trolls/mods thing takes precedence just now and I think across the board and not just in the safe haven threads girltrouble mentioned (granted that was before Steve re-surfaced). Nobody likes to see the shit we have been seeing in the last few days and it's upset some of the newbies and annoyed/antagonised/persecuted (faerietails) the rest of us. At first I wasn't bothered as we've seen it all before and there's the ignore function but after two days of the shit and then loungelady deleting his profile and only some of the posts so we actually have to view his shit in the remainder, it grows rather wearying.
girltrouble
you know i agree. and really, can she be that afraid that we'd delete steve's posts? what is the deal? is she that much of a control freak? i don't mean to be insulting, but this occurs so frequently, and everyone knows steves tactics, you really do have to ask why LL is so anti mod. obviously, politely asking is not expressing our disgust with this situation. so i side with CH-- report every troll post. perhaps an overload will make her understand.

it would be one thing if the lounge was new, but it's not. and we know how to talk to people who's pov differs from our own, provided it is voiced in a civil manner, there is a long history of us resolving some of the most bombastic arguments, and i have been in a few, but that is so different than the type of horseshit we are discussing now. i too have had a gut full of waiting days to have these posts to be dealt with, with ip adresses unblocked after more than a dozen obnoxious, inflamitory troll attacks. i honestly don't understand why steve's adress wasn't blocked YEARS AGO. it smacks of carelessness, and i for one find it incredibly insulting that we still have to deal with his crap.

there is no reason that we shouldn't have 2 or 3 mods who do nothing but delete troll posts. we are adult enough to do that much, and i find it ironic, to say the least that an organization supposedly based on feminist empowerment, is so completely terrified of giving a sliver of it's control to it's participants.

shame, bust, shame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.