Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
faerietails2
Hee! It was from Mommie Dearest when Faye Dunaway starts screaming at her daughter for having her dresses on wire hangers. Best scene ever. lol
candycane_girl
Ah, I've heard of that movie. I think for some reason my mom told me about the whole wire hanger scene! I want to see it now.
edie52
Would anyone else be into a resurrection of the now loooong-defunct "Top 5" thread in Media Whores?

(For those who don't remember/weren't here- it's just a fun thread where we post top 5 lists of every kind, High Fidelity-style. But not just media stuff, also personal/random stuff.)
laniethezany

I would definitely frequent a revived Top 5 thread, edie. That was one of my faves when I was a resident BUSTie a couple of years back.

Also, not to veer wildly off topic, but "No more wire hangers!" made me think of this. When I still lived in St. Louis, one of the local gay bars had a showtunes night where they'd show videos of showtunes and everyone would sing along. They had the most messed-up but completely hilarious montage of Mommie Dearest clips set to Abba's "Mama Mia." It always made my week when they'd show it.
faerietails2
i third(?) the top 5 thread! i remember that. it was cool.

lanie, i usually despise abba, but that sounds hilarious!!
crazyoldcatlady
holy shit edie, i think we're on the same wavelength 'cos i was thinking about the exact same thread idea t'other day.... rock it out
edie52
So, it's up and running in MW... mighty cold and lonely so far...
doodlebug
I can't remember, but does anyone know if there is a thread for musicians, songwriters, etc.?
pepper
hey all. time to ignore Into Theater.

reported.
faerietails2
HardOn4Christ is back on a posting spree. Ignore: Lori L, God Loves You, and Into Theater

Report report report!
faerietails2
HardOn4Christ is back on a posting spree. Ignore: Lori L, God Loves You, and Into Theater

Report report report!
pepper
is there a musician thread? someone new was asking in the newbie thread. somehow i think there was but for the life of me i can't remember what or where.
obelix2
Hi Busties. I stormed out of here in a huff a while ago (years?!?) when the format changed. I'm back now, and I'll try to figure out how to work this new stuff. Geez, but the old version was easier and less fussy.

I'm glad to be back. See you around!
edie52
Pepper, there used to be, in Media Whores, a long time ago. I'm going to try to dig it up.

ETA: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's gone. Seems like it would be worth starting another if a few people are interested. I play guitar a bit, but I honestly don't know how much I would use the thread, though it does seem like something we "should" have.
kittenb
Welcome back obelix!
culturehandy
I noticed that we don't have a thread on the issue of euthenasia and the right to die. I'm not too sure how popular that would be, but I figured I'd see what everyone thought.
i_am_jan
culturehandy: I have always been terribly interested in euthanasia and the right to die. I'd love a discussion opened here so I can see what my peeps have to say.

Okay, I started a new thread and it was suggested it may be not a new subject....it's not necessarily about pop culture. It's about the way the media / gen-pop talks down young female celebrities. Any suggestions where it should go? I have no idea (it seemed like a new subject to me)...please advise. Thanks.
pepper
i don't know that i'd have much to contribute to a thread on the right to die. it's something to think about though.

jan, i posted that reminder note in the thread you started because i didn't recall seeing any discussion about starting it up in here. not to be a bossy britches, just to point out that this is a good place to feel out whether there is enough interest to start up a whole new thread if the topic doesn't fit anywhere else. i personally don't know where that would fit, i assume somewhere in media whores. is there a "celebrities you love to hate" thread or something like that?
pepper
actually, can someone post a PSA in the newbie thread about trolls and not starting new threads without some discussion? i can't think right now, headache coming on and kid getting fussy.

thanks!!!!!

eta i didn't mean trolls starting threads, i meant two points in one post. geez, brain malfunction.
sixelacat
CH, I know there's a thread called "Death: the Final Stage of Growth" where we were talking about things like when, where, and how. Maybe that would be a good thread for a euthanasia discussion?
culturehandy
Six, I totally forgot about the death thread! That'd be a good place to discuss! Thanks!
i_am_jan
pepper: no, there's no "celebrities you love to hate thread" and even if there was, I'm trying to stay away from the 'hate on' talking thing and even that crowd...this is something different that does not have to do with the status quo in regard to the discussion of celebrities. If it's cool to leave it where it is, then I'll just leave it, if you really think it belongs in the pop culture thread I'll put it there, doesn't matter to me. ?
i_am_jan
pepper: thanks for everything...someone has directed me toward a feminism/pop culture thread I hadn't seen before so I put the discussion there...peace out everyone
pepper
awesome! see, i knew there had to be somewhere a convo of that sort was going on. you can't be the first one thinking about that over here!

gotta love the bust. this is one amazing place.
neurotic.nelly
i'd like to start a thread called "fuck, marry, kill" in the media thread. it should be very interactive. Example, "who would you fuck, marry, kill: angelina jolie, scarlett johanson, nicole kidman?"

my obvious answer would be:

"i'd fuck angelina jolie, kill nicole kidman, and marry scarlett johanson"

what does the loung think?

missladyj
I would NOT be interested in hearing about the fuck, kill, marry thread. It actually kind of disgusts me. sounds like a conversation drunken frat boy would be rapists have. I am not down with normalizing that shit.
bunnyb
sorry neurotic.nelly but I'm with missladyj: there is a would you rather thread in MW where a less offensive thing may fit.
i_am_jan
I'm with misslady...I'm not that desensitized
culturehandy
I bumped the would you rather thread...
pepper
uh, yeah, yuck. that's not funny or interesting to me either.
neurotic.nelly
okay, just wanted to run it by ya'll to see if there was any interest...i find it funny as hell, but hey, i know that my sense of humor is off!
knorl05
do we have a thread for general bitching about the idiocy/rudeness of society? i know we have them about work, school, friends/family, etc.... but i'm wondering if we have one (or if busties would be interested in) specifically targeting the way joe public can be a completely insensitive and inconsiderate prick? i think we really need to shine a light on the way people seem to think it's ok to lack tact, manners, or an otherwise civil attitude towards each other.

ps. on the just previously mentioned suggestion, i also vote no thankyou.
pepper
omg, i just came in here to ask where the hell the bitch-fest thread is too, i know there has to be one somewhere. i don't have a bone to pick with a particular friend, i am just POed and taking a break from literally wading through the flipping mountains of shit people have dropped off recently for what they apparently think are my underprivileged children. holy maude, how many pink stuffed animals does a 5 and a half month old need! at present she has enough to suffocate a full grown woman, never mind her tiny self. and what, WHAT is with all the polyester clothes? i wouldn't wear that, why the HELL would i put it on my BABY! hello, unfucking comfortable! scented wipes? for a little girl? RIGHT! here baby child, lemme just introduce you to the pleasures of a yeast infection. just because love you sssoooo much and i want your odourless koochy to smell like fucking fake flowers!

my god, i never knew i hated the colour pink so maude damn much! if i see one more f-ing pink item of anything I.AM.GOING.TO.PUKE!!!

i could go on and on about all the plastic junk that's shown up intended for my little boy, LOVING the fake guns and war toys btw, keep 'em coming.

AAAHHHHH!!!!

so, yeah, where does that go, eh? pft.
pepper
i used to love christmas so much. i can't believe i moved back to be closer to family at this time of year in particular. what was i thinking?
djennma2000
Hey folks!

Hope everyone's survived the holls as well as they could...got a question: I seem to have a nearly insatiable hunger for good blogs (school has a LOT of downtime between classes! dry.gif ), and my main interests include crafty things/ideas and nature (like herbs/wildcrafting/homesteading/geocaching, etc.).

Soooo--do I put a thread for "What's Your Favorite Crafty Blog?" in AbFad, or is there somewhere else that's got a "computer usage" thread or what?

Many thanks!
auralpoison
I must admit that I find it interesting that what is essentially a teenage slumber party game is so polarizing. We used to play it, although I do believe we called it "shag, shack up or shove off a cliff". I hadn't thought about it in years until the lovely ladies from Sleater-Kinney mentioned playing it on their tour bus to bide the time.

That being said, I'ma have to vote the nay-no as well. I dunno how many useless games threads that have been created to an at first frenzied fervor, only to piddle into board-clogging nothingness.

And I think the "She's Crafty" thread in AbFad could suit your needs perfectly, Djennma. Post your crafty site query there & I'm sure you'll get a response.

ETA: I Am Jan, there is indeed a thread called "Celebrities That Need to Fade into Obscurity", in Media Whores that deals with the "hate-on" philosophy. I think your topic went best in the thread where you took it.
tesao
hi, pepper! (happy birthday!)

i think that your bitch fest could be happening in the Cob Up My Ass thread in the F-Word. check it out.

(have to agree with you, though, on the polyester crap and the war toys. some people clearly have less than 2 functional neurons)
pepper
hey girl, thanks for the directions. my bday was ridiculously good fun, thanks for noticing!
pepper
girls, is there actually some way to get the mods to reinstate the bust general intro somewhere? seems to me that lots of posters, new and old, are starting up new threads with zero discussion first. i know i'm a bit of a neat freak but i really like the way this forum runs and i would love it to stay as easy to navigate as it is. i participate in another forum that uses this format and it's a free-for-all of posting any and every thought that pops into anyone's head. it sucks trying to find anything there, the discussions are a tangled mess and i hate it.
ok, end rant.
is there a way to get that intro posted somewhere, to show up as a "hello" when people join? anything?
hellotampon
I thought there was a thread in AbFad about decorating and household stuff... did it fall off the bottom? I'm not sure I even want to post in it, but I definitely wanted to read it.
sexysandee
QUOTE(pepper @ Jan 16 2008, 11:40 AM) *
girls, is there actually some way to get the mods to reinstate the bust general intro somewhere? seems to me that lots of posters, new and old, are starting up new threads with zero discussion first. i know i'm a bit of a neat freak but i really like the way this forum runs and i would love it to stay as easy to navigate as it is. i participate in another forum that uses this format and it's a free-for-all of posting any and every thought that pops into anyone's head. it sucks trying to find anything there, the discussions are a tangled mess and i hate it.
ok, end rant.

I'm sorry, I didn't know... I won't do it again
crazyoldcatlady
don't sweat it, sexysandee. don't let that stop you from posting in normal threads, either.

but yeah, pepper, the whole "pop up" intro when you first form an account does sound like a good idea....
pepper
QUOTE(sexysandee @ Jan 18 2008, 12:38 PM) *
I'm sorry, I didn't know... I won't do it again

hey you, this isn't about YOU, it just keeps happening. we used to have such a nice little intro on the old site, sigh, it's a shame it never got transferred over. i do copy and paste the "hi, hello" psa intro in the newbie thread but i don't want to be the only one or i feel like busty mama duck, not exactly my chosen role in life kwim?
thenewrussia
Ladies please don't be upset. Relax and live your life to the fullest!
konphusion26
Didnt know where to inquire, but is there by chance a Christian thread around here? Although I'm enjoying discussions with the ladies in the Too Much Religion thread. I just wanted to know if there is such a thread for folks like me smile.gif Let me know.
treehugger
Hellotampon, it was House of the Gods, and I bumped it for you. smile.gif
_octinoxate
hi ladies. is/was there anywhere in the lounge to discuss therapy/counseling? thanks!
mornington
octinoxate, there is the depression thread, and a couple of ocd/anxiety-specific threads, but as far as I can see, nothing specifically about therapy. maybe the gen. health thread would come up with some answers?

konfusion, there isn't a specifically christian thread (because we have had troll trouble in the past and these things attract him) but you've already found the "too much religion" thread, and there's one in F&F called "are you there god, it's me bustie". Personally, I've really enjoyed reading the discussions in the tmr thread - it's great to have someone so open to talking about thier (christian) religious beliefs
deschatsrouge
Where would be a good place to discuss issues related to being transgendered and Gender Identity Disphoria or knowing people with those issues?
crazyoldcatlady
where's the "top5 list" thread? i have some ranking i need to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.