Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
pixiedust
seeing as how we are not a group of automachanics,I seriously doubt you will get much support for that type of thread. Especially given your affection from the forum.
tyger
hummingbird, i think we used to have a thread kinda like that in friends and family. not just about career, but finding what we wanted in our lives in general (or i could be fabricating memories, who knows)

either way, i'd be interested, and i think there would be tons of interest, especially if it was broadened to include finding ourselves in general, not just jobs.
bunnyb
and he goes and starts one anyway... why go to the pretense of playing by our rules and then act like an effin troll anyway?
ginger_kitty
Okay so numbnuts really shouldn't have started a an automotive thread. I get my fill of car talk, through conversations with my Mr. And I am still pretty new around here as I have only been posting for a few months so maybe I am out of line. But starting a thread to spite a troll doesn't help matters. Is there no way to control the thread waste madness?
margot
Ho ho! I thought that was quite funny. I shouldn't worry. Maybe if/when we get a new forum soon, we can all start over. Imagine! All that space....
pepper
thanks margot, i got a kick out of it. it was more for laughs than for spite, i'm really much more motivated by a sense of fun than anything else. and since i haven't started a thread of my own in about two years who cares if i use up my turn on something silly eh? we need a good laugh 'round here right now anyhow.
bunnyb
everyone's opinions are going to differ cos we're so pissed off at the influx of bullshit just now but pepper is right when she says that we need a good laugh and her thread will provide it for some (including me! it's either that or the meds are chilling me out.)

pepper, I keep meaning to ask - is the new handle after pepper from the musical Annie? I keep thinking of her when reading your posts!
pepper
nope, but i love that so let's just say that it is. i have crazy curly hair so an annie reference is okey doke with me.
i just ran out of creative juice with the name making up. that is the LAST time i let a boyfriend use my computer, he just knew every where i went and what i was called and what i posted and everything. it still makes me all nervous and vulnerable feeling thinking about it. who knows who's reading and recognizing me? ugh, i just gotta not care or i'll clam up for good. yikes.
tyger
numbnuts, we used to have a car thread. if it's not still here, it's because it died, and it was more about 'what the heck is wrong with my car?' than talking *about* cars. you asked in here, someone told you there probably wouldn't be interest, and usually we wait for at least two to three votes of approval unless it's something that is obviously able of generating enough interest (like, say, as an offshoot from another thread). you started a thread anyway. nobody seems to have wanted the thread other than you. maybe you don't understand, but when someone comes in here and acts like a troll, we rarely see them as anything else. there will always be suspicion there, and you aren't really helping your reputation.

i have to say, i like the car and sporting threads. they're sort of in the same line of thought as the flamewar thread was, in my opinion. i think they're good for a laugh if you're having a bad day, or need to let off some frivolous girly steam. plus, guyliner and hair sticking in lipgloss are hotbutton issues of the year, are they not? :P
ginger_kitty
Allright maybe I was quick to condemn it as thread waste, I have to admit...I was giggling a little at the guyliner discussion. I apologize for shaking my finger at you, pepper.
opheliathemuse
oh, indeed, tyger ;P
pepper
hee, you said "hotbutton" ha ha.
no appologies necessary, i think finger shaking is sexy. i'm getting a good laugh girls, the reprimand for shanghai=ing the car thread is the best, hoo ha!
tyger
i have to say, nobody gets to complain about extraneous threads if they post in them after an original 'this would fit better here, check out the community forum, blahdiblahdiblah'. honestly, i don't care, but don't complain about threads you keep bumping to the top, people
(this isn't meant to have tone or be mean or anything, honestly. it's just that this happens every once in a while that people complain about threads existing while posting in them, which keeps them alive longer than necessary)
treehugger
Is there a thread for busties who are trying to learn a musical instrument? I got myself a djembe and a book and am trying to work my way through the lessons but it'd be great to get some tips if there's any Busties here who know how to play the djembe. :-)

Thanx.

turbojenn
Calling all Media Whores! Any interest in a thread to discuss the new season of Deadwood on HBO coming up? I'm hopeless on clever thread titles, but I'll start thinking about it....
lucizoe
Could everyone please stop feeding the little hobgoblin? Pretty please? Please? He'll leave if you refuse to acknowledge him, even with innocuous little "cha-ching!" posts...(full disclosure - which I am guilty of, when he initially started in again, but it's getting old now)...that still gives him something to interact with...just ignore, please??? Sugar and all that??
alligator
Turbojenn...

"Deadwords?"
lucizoe
okay, there's a really creepy stalker troll in mating game who has now started an entire thread devoted to talking about one women who has posted maybe 5 times on bust, and not in the last week or so...can we all just ignore it?

(I know this is totally futile...but it would be awesome if no one would respond to it)

can y'all tell I'm on a tr*ll smackdown kick today? :-)
pepper
oh, if only i read your request first. at least i editted out what i said. what a creepy fucker, that poor girl. i hope, if she's still around, that she knows we're on her side. blah.
ginger_kitty
EEEEE! I checked him out, we should definately avoid that stalker guy. And I feel awful for whoever he is stalking. What a total invasion of privacy.
lucizoe
(I must say, AP is owning him in the "boys are dumb" thread)

eta-pepper, you totally don't have to listen to me...I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon soon enough, at least if he sticks around. Too.damn.tempting.
pepper
mostly i wanted to give him a little smack down for her sake. it's awful to be invaded in your safe girly space like that.
tyger
i sent the girl a little pm saying everyone here is on here side, and she should stick around, enven incognito and nobody knew it was her, and how to make it so her email didn't appear in her profile.

i know it was maybe not my place, but i just wanted her to know that it can be a safe place here, and that her stalker boy was gonna get verbal smackdown for being so creepy.
gardnerella
That guy is almost 40. Puh-leaze, grow up already.

why, oh why do newbie trolls ALWAYS leave so much information on their profile for me to find? i think i've finally become bored of it.
roseviolet
Tyger, I sent her a PM saying basically the same thing. I'm glad you did, too, just so she has further proof that she has support around here. :-)

Is it my imagination is his screen name "The Fucked Up Ex"?
pollystyrene
My first thought was "why would FedEx be spamming here?"

Poor thing- whoever you are, we're ignoring the a-hole (with or without an ignore button) and please stick around!
pepper
i have no idea where to post this so it's going here.
my friend just emailed it to me and i'm watching it with my little sis. it's about an hour long but really, really good and inspirational. really good.

thanks for pm-ing her. way more direct than my thinking to tell that ugly mo-fo off.
doodlebug
tyger and rose, you did the right thing, so don't sweat it.

I'm also pretty sure if someone writes to Debbie, she would ban him for stalking a member of the Lounge.

I must apologize for posting in the 2 threads, but I felt a strong need to post the definition of stalking. I'll stop now.
doodlebug
I'm sorry, I did it again. I'll really stop now.
battygurl
You gals are awesome. I love how we take care of each other here.
voodoo_princess
Has anyone else had trouble getting onto the BUST site? This is the first time in 2 days that I have been able to get in here and it's only because I got a PM and got in through a link in my email. I can't get in through my Fave's link and I can't get in by actually typing in the site addy..... I get this message that the site is down or I just get that dumb internet explorer page..... is it just me?
sybarite
No, voodoo, it's not just you. I couldn't get in during the weekend and had problems last week too. I posted about it in The Bust Line as an fyi to admin.
pollystyrene
I can get in, but it's really slow and the page doesn't fully load- the menu bar along the top with links to other area of the site just appears as broken jpgs and the banner ads don't load (not complaining about that!)
lucizoe
okay, okay, hypocrite warning....I couldn't help it!

doodle, you rock
pixiedust
I heart auralpoison, doodlebug, lucizoe and all the troll thrashing Busties! I truely feel for that poor girl. Why do people not realize that online stalking is wrong? The excuse that it is posted on a public domain does not wash with me! The street i walk down everyday is a public domain, that does not give you a right to sit on the corner with a pair of binoculars and watch me shake my thang down the street!
voodoo_princess
Ok this is getting nuts! The ONLY way I can get into ANYTHING at BUST is to go into an old PM message in my yahoo email and click the link to respond and then click "Show Topics" and cheat my way in the back door!..... it's a pain, but I guess it's better than no BUST at all! Hope this is fixed soon. Oh, and I don't get the adverts at the top of my page anymore either..... I'm ok with that tho.....
turbojenn
I just throw this link into my favorites, and I've not had any recent issues...http://www.lounge.bust.com/discus/
grrrlyouwant
the fuck, you all have been able to get in for the last two days? this is the first time since sunday night that i've gotten anything other than 'sorry, this site is not available' when trying to enter from the main bust page (cause i'm not on my computer with the lounge conveniently bookmarked). what gives?
voodoo_princess
doodlebug - I saw your post regarding "stalking" and wanted to comment that I actually did some research into the whole "cyber stalking" thing when SK showed back up with a vengence and was wondering if you also think he is a "stalker", en mass, so to speak? I think he is and his target is a group instead of just an individual, even though he specifically "went after" certain people, and still does. I know this is a public forum, but stalking IS stalking right? Public or private shouldn't matter....
Thanks for posting that info!
tyger
i have lounge.bust.com/discus/ set as my homepage and haven't had any problems with it at all in the last week. i'm using mozilla firefox, but that shouldn't have any effect, should it?
voodoo_princess
I don't know.... I had BUST under my Favorites and it has always worked but even so, when I tried to actually type in the site addy I got this grey screen with a word bubble saying the site was temporarily out of service, or something like that..... weirdness.....
doodlebug
I have the Lounge as a direct link also. You can bookmark the main Lounge page and it will take you right there. I've also had a few problems with the links at the top. I wonder if they are working on the promised Lounge upgrade?

Oh, and...oops, I did it again. Thanks for the support, everyone.

voodoo, I think I would classify what SK is doing as cyberstalking and cyberbullying. His intent is clearly no longer to "convert" anyone (if that ever was his intent), but rather, to take up space in the Lounge - silencing people and intimidating others into leaving (or not joining) due to the lack of safety caused by his presence, his targetting of outspoken feminists, and the ongoing conflict he creates. Similar to members of hate groups, he seems to believe universal order or divine ordination has entitled him to behave in this way towards other human beings.
sybarite
I use mozilla too, on both home and work computers; it's never been a problem before. And I usually go through google and *usually* don't have problems... so I have no idea what's up.
voodoo_princess
thanks doodlebug.... I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he's a stalker in the legal sense..... he's not just a nuisance, he's a criminal.....
auralpoison
I'm sorry, Busties. I tried to resist it, but I couldn't. I just had to tear him apart. This is a *safe* place for most of us to get our yayas out & I want it to stay that way. You don't fuck with a Bustie on my watch & expect to get away with it.

I pm'd her, too. I'm glad many of us felt the need to rally.
pollystyrene
I'm using Firefox, but I'm on my desktop, not my laptop- not sure if the laptop is still having issues with this site, though.
zora
Do we have a fashion thread? Like a place where we can talk about clothes, where to buy good or cool clothes, etc? Is there any interest?
miss_jane
Ugh that troll reminds me of my exe.

Anyway, is there a thread about music festivals?
miss_jane
Double post.

The thetans made me do it.
auralpoison
Zora, I think that there are a few things like that over in AbFad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.