Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
tesao
(Query from sybarite (posted in problems with the lounge - wrong thread) reposting here as bustie duty! - tes)

I would like to resurrect the 'don't hate me because I'm beautiful' thread, as I have a beauty related query. There's a newish product thread but I think the old thread got enough use to justify its resurrection.
sybarite
Cheers tes. Bunnyb found the earlier thread so no worries.
hellotampon
QUOTE(dayglowpink @ Mar 3 2008, 04:14 AM) *
I'm interested in seeing if there's any anyone who would be into a thread in Working Girls for people who work in healthcare/social work/human services/etc. I found a couple of threads from several years ago, so I'm not sure if there are enough busties in the field to keep something going, but I would love to have a place to vent. I'm a psych nurse, by the way. If anyone is interested, please let me know!

I wish I'd seen this earlier. I like the idea.
erinjane
Could that thread include also working with people in the non-profit field? I might be getting a job as a child counselling coordinator (not a counsellor, just coordinator) but I'm not sure if that would fall in the same vein.
kittenb
There used to be a not-for-profit thread. Had a really witty title that I can't remember. I would be up to seeing it resurrected and I think that most health care issues would fall under that category.

sexysandee
I would love to see a Latina thread and a book club thread... we could pick a book a month wink.gif
auralpoison
I bumped the "BoC" thread in F&F for you, Sexysandee. That's where our stories, issues, etc with being a PoC get posted. And I suppose the "Looks like we have a reader", thread might be a good place to talk about starting a book club. A lot of Busties are already in book clubs IRL & may be too busy for another, so it may not be worth starting a whole thread for.
knorl05
so i find that i feel i derail a lot of threads.. or that i kill some sort of flow that was taking place. could just be my hypersensitivity or paranoia..............but it got me thinking of the perfect thread to throw random thoughts out. one that is completely non-descript and has no purpose or topic whatsoever. something like random randomness? not very clever i realize. is there anything like that or would my fellow busties be opposed to it?
obelix2
I haven't noticed any derailments; I see them as clarifications of minor points. I'm nitpicky, so I love those discussions. Unfortunatel, I think I'd never use that thread because, um, I'd be afraid to derail whatever derailment was going on already.

Does anybody know where the insomnia thread is? Something like "So tired, can't sleep...Insomnia". I know, it's only 10 PM, but I feel it coming on, and I wanted to rant there. I'm probably just blind. I swear I saw it a few weeks ago.

ETA: um, yeah. There it is. *Doing my Roseanne Rosannadanna impersonation* "Never mind"
knorl05
thanks obe. i was just having a day. i think i was moreso looking for the freedom to say whatever, whenever without the confines or guidelines of a thread topic. there actually is a thread in the ladies who lounge called "take it outside", which is specifically for derailments and disagreements. wink.gif maybe i'll pop in there when i'm feeling particularly random.
bunnyb
knorl, the Take It Outside thread is not for randomness but a thread to take arguments to when another thread is being derailed by them and where you can go to solely work out issues with another poster, rather than detract from the actual discussion taking place. I'm not sure if I fully see your point: threads have confines and guidelines because they are about a specific topic i.e. you wouldn't go into the movie thread and discuss bread (convoluted art and Canada maybe wink.gif) Do you mean that you would like a thread where you can make non sequitur, random, comments and observations? That could work; it could be a random thought of the day thread.
culturehandy
There is the bleh bleh bleh thread in Smells like Teen Spirit. It's all about whatever you feel like saying.
knorl05
yez yez bunnyb i realize the purpose of having thread topics wink.gif and i guess what i meant is that sometimes certain threads inspire different thoughts that i'd like to share but dont want to derail (stuff that is really not necessary to the ongoing conversation, just like an afterthought) - so i was hoping the take it outside thread would cover a wider spectrum than just disagreements.. but if not, is cool.

"Do you mean that you would like a thread where you can make non sequitur, random, comments and observations?" i could dig it but i dont know how far that would go, considering i think (in hindsight) the pointlessness of it may fall flat here. as though, the contrived nature of a random thought thread could defeat the randomness. eh..?

culturehandy: thanks for the suggestion..
neurotic.nelly
deleted
pepper
hey, does anyone know the name of this?

you know when you are having a discussion with someone and you have opposing views and one person takes the arguement to the absolute extreme in order to make a midline pov seems way far out there?

now that is a super crappy description of what i'm after but maybe it'll ring a bell for someone.

thanks!
falljackets
pepper, the only thing that springs to mind is hyperbole, but i'm not sure if that's what you're looking for...
pepper
good answer but not quite the thing. there's a name for this, it's where someone derails an arguement by going to the extreme, like you end up argueing about how ridiculous that point is rather than the real topic. darn it, it's driving me crazy!
mr_falljackets
Sounds like you're referring to a "straw man" argumentative fallacy. Or a reductive fallacy.

Or maybe it's here.
pepper
YAY! that's exactly it. thanks for assisting while i have the mama brain, you two are just jems.
crinoline
So what ever happened to the tiny girls thread? I just had an exasperating shopping trip, and I wanted to vent to other petite Busties, but I couldn't find the thread. Is it still around? Are there even any tiny Busties still around?
auralpoison
I bumped it for ya, Crino. OBOH.
crinoline
Thanks aural!
auralpoison
No problem, Crin. I may be an asshole, but I am a helpful asshole!
vixen_within
Is there an Ebay thread around? If not I'd like to start an auction thread sometime....pointing to nice stuff on ebay (hot items that don't fit you but might suit someone else) or just weird stuff, or where anyone who's selling interesting items can post too.

Where would be a good place to start that (I'm thinking Ab.Fab.)? Would anyone else be interested?
obelix2
Vixen - here it is: http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?showt...705&hl=ebay

It' Saturday, and I don't seem to have the energy to make that a pretty link.

cheers!
vixen_within
Excellent, thank you Obelix
hellotampon
Didn't we have an unemployment thread? Or just a general slacker thread?

The elderly woman I was taking care of passed away, and I can't get a job since I'm going away for the summer in 5 weeks. So I have no income and 50 extra hours a week to myself. I know it's stupid but I feel guilty or something.
pherber
Oh darn, is the Lounge on Valium? Everything's taking ages to load.

I bumped it for you HT!

Just noticed you actually started the thread. tongue.gif
pherber
pfff...
pherber
ahem...
pherber
FFS! dry.gif
damona
there might be a better place to ask this, but i figure you'll forgive me.

how do some of you have cute lil sayings under yr pics? like where it says "bustie" or "hardcore bustie" on some but like, ap's says "big fat b*tch" ?? is that a priveledge thing like you have to have so many posts to put something there? or am i missing something?
pherber
Yes. After a gazillion posts, or so.

I'll be there soon, by accident and I'll be having "The Queen of the Doubleposts" as a saying.. rolleyes.gif
culturehandy
you can change it anytime!

Click on My Controls, then go to Edit Profile Information, then you're good to go.
pherber
Oops!

Thanks CH.
damona
*wails* but hooooow? i'm a techno-idiot... i've tried everything in the edit profile section and it's still the saaaaame... laugh.gif hi, i'm a dork, how are you?
pherber
But you alreay did!
You've got damona under your picture, too, maybe you confused it with your display name thing? huh.gif

ETA: I just tried it myself, no clue whatsoever! What's this thing called?
It's not the signature, or personal statement... huh.gif
kittenb
Click MY CONTROLs ~~~~~EDIT PROFILE PANEL~~~~~CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE.

How that helps! smile.gif
sixelacat
You do have to have 500 posts first, though.
pepper
QUOTE(pherber @ May 10 2008, 04:16 PM) *
Just noticed you actually started the thread. tongue.gif

those are totally inaccurate. when the lounge changed over to this format the last poster on each thread was named as the thread starter. i know i didn't start the ones it says i did!
damona
yeah, it says that i started the childless by choice and the dog threads. which just cracked me up like nobody's business since i have kids and no dogs!

pherber, i have no clue how/why it says damona under my pic. i'm so confused!

kitten, i shall go try that and report back, sir! tongue.gif

ETA: ha! i did it!
kittenb
QUOTE(pepper @ May 10 2008, 09:27 PM) *
those are totally inaccurate. when the lounge changed over to this format the last poster on each thread was named as the thread starter. i know i didn't start the ones it says i did!

Yeah I am sad that I lost credit for starting the sci-fi thread. Although MissLadyJ resurrected it. biggrin.gif
girltrouble
what say we have a politics thread?

i am probably the most obsessive political junky on bust, but i certainly hope not. but there is a lot of really interesting/hopeful/scary stuff going on, and it doesn't quite fit in the sufferagette thread, and the news thread serves a different function, it would be a place to track how some of these storys link together. i am thinking specifically about how the scott mcleland story links to the justice department scandal, and a man freshly out of jail... there are a lot of parts to this, and i am soooooo tired of the whole hillary/obama bs...

oooooooooh! i could just hi-jack the "Is A Vote For Hilary Clinton A Vote For The George Bush And Dick Cheney Neoconservative Agenda? " thread.... *giggles*
kittenb
I have a finacial question. Is there a good thread for that?
sixelacat
Bumped the Money thread in Working Girls for you....
hellotampon
Is there a thread where I can vent about my boyfriend's family?
zoya
hellotampon - there used to be a thread about families in Friends and Family and I swear there was one about in laws (and families of significant others) but I can't find it to bump... sorry.

Does anyone mind if I resurrect the "growing up girl" thread? I really miss that thread. I found it in the archives, but wanted to check in before I posted and bumped it up.

pollystyrene
There's the general "family problems" in F & F, here.
kittenb
Go for it zoya!
girltrouble

*****TROLL ALERT*****

our usual shmuck troll is back. with 2 profiles. instead of putting up with his bs, click on the link below to block his posts and doctored photos. on the next pages, click on the block button at the bottom of the page. you must click both.

BLOCK TROLL: filibuster
BLOCK TROLL: dustbuster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.