Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
pollystyrene
Actually, it's posting under 3 names- I got oodles of comments from "MissLips", so block that one, too!

Crap, not sure how you formatted that GT, to go directly to my ignore list, so here's a link to the profile!

Remember to IGNORE POSTS and BLOCK PM'S!!

BLOCK TROLL: filibuster
BLOCK TROLL: dustbuster
crazyoldcatlady
to Quoth the GT:

*****TROLL ALERT*****
our usual shmuck troll is back. with 2 profiles. instead of putting up with his bs, click on the link below to block his posts and doctored photos. on the next pages, click on the block button at the bottom of the page. you must click both.

IN the meantime, enjoy this informative video on the complicated issue of choice
auralpoison
*****TROLL ALERT*****
our usual shmuck troll is back. with 3 profiles. instead of putting up with his bs, click on the link below to block his posts and doctored photos. on the next pages, click on the update ignored users button at the bottom of the page.*

BLOCK TROLL: misslips
auralpoison
*****TROLL ALERT*****
our usual shmuck troll is back. with 3 profiles. instead of putting up with his bs, click on the link below to block his posts and doctored photos. on the next pages, click on the update ignored users button at the bottom of the page.*

girltrouble
vixen_within
You're a genius girltrouble, thanks.

ETA & auralpoison! I'm not sure who's idea it was, but it saved me having to click on the shmuck's profile.
pollystyrene
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Jun 22 2008, 05:11 PM) *
[color=red][size=7]
*it is also a good idea to add these names to your block pm list if needed and to set your acct to require approval for comments.

Just so everyone knows, even if you set your acct to require approval for comments, they can still leave the comment, you will get a note in your mailbox for each individual message (i think maybe other people can't see them unless you approve them though) and you have to delete every single one.

I PM'ed the LoungeLady and asked if we could completely disable those features....I don't think anyone here is interested in having comments left or having friends lists. If it is a possibility to have them disabled, I don't know if it would be an individual choice for everyone or if it's all or nothing.

Is anyone actually interested in these features? If so, maybe we should take a poll. We'll see in the next couple days.

Seems like our current LL is pretty responsive.
auralpoison
Oh, it weren't my idea, that's 100% Girltrouble. I was just trying to pick up the slack while she's off livin' her life. I got nothing better to do & that guy is so annoying. $300 worth of annoying, but it's for a good cause.
girltrouble
auralpoison

*****TROLL ALERT*****

*it is also a good idea to add these names to your block pm list if needed and to set your acct to require approval for comments.

auralpoison

*****TROLL ALERT*****

pherber
Thanks AP and GT!!!

Strange, though: ML hasn't posted anything, yet. huh.gif

If anyone doesn't want to see the avatars,
until the troll is banned:

go to
my controls

then
board settings

there's the
"do you wish to view avatars"

Click: No

save all changes.

wink.gif

ETA: Duh, I got it, he used that misslips handle to bother people with PMs...
starpiste
is there a place to discuss ones spirituality (or lack of or techniques for exploring it)?
mornington
starpiste, there's too much religion in the F-word, and are you there God in F&F, but those are the only ones I can think of. Hope you find something there!
vixen_within
I got this in my BUSTline mail. I thought it worth re-posting here because I'm SO JEALOUS of Busties who live close enough to go:

BUST Magazine is celebrating 15 years of independent publishing and grrrl culture! Please join us for our 15-Year Anniversary Party, sponsored by Dr. Martens!
We can't spell BUST without U!

For more info, visit: http://www.bust.com/15yearpress/event.html
Tickets are $25. Buy tickets HERE or by phone: 212 279 4200.
*** Talent is subject to change without further notice.

xoxo,
Gorgeous Ladies of BUST aka G.L.O.B.

For all press, marketing, sponsorship, and advertising inquiries, please contact:
Maggie Tam Clark
Associate Publisher of
Advertising & Marketing
BUST Magazine & BUST.com
78 5th Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.bust.com/
maggietam@bust.com
tel. 212.675.1707 ext. 106
fax 917.386.2743
LoveMyPugs
Do we have a handbag/purse thread? I'm a bit in love with purses and just got a brand new one over the weekend and want to tell everyone about it. Help?
kittenb
As far as I know we only have the "What's in your bag" thread. I don't know that a purse thread would last forever but I would play in one for awhile. I like purses way more than shoes. Most of my true favs are thrift store purchases. Not a big fan of the current trend of all purses having lots of metal studding or buckels.
Anyway, I got a new one this weekend too. And I need to buy a new big purse for fall. So I say, start a thread!
LoveMyPugs
Is anyone else up for starting a purse thread? Any suggestions on thread names?
kittenb
How about, "Purses; even better than shoes."
tongue.gif
LoveMyPugs
That's sounds great!! Should we wait to see if more people are interested in the thread? (I'm always nervous to start a new thread.) Or just do it?
kittenb
Oh wait! Look what I found.

And I guess the title would be less inflamatory to shoe lovers. cool.gif
dj-bizmonkey
is there an 'oops i really screwed up so now what?' type of thread? i need some objective advice on a random, stupid thing i did, but i doesn't quite fit in any thread i can find. it isn't pertaining to any personal relationships or work or anything i can categorize. it's a lie a told my landlord. oops. help?
girltrouble
is it me or is the community forum slowly fading?

i don't know of any thread, biz, i suppose this could grow into the this-doesn't-fall-into-other-categories-thread.
ask away, if you still need to.

i as gonna see if anyone would mind if i started a art admiring busties thread where we can talk about visual artists we like and link them. i don't think that really works for art busties, soooooo.....
kittenb
Why do you think it is fading?
vesta
Hellooo! First off, not sure if this is the best place to post this question but wasn't sure where else to go. Second, can I just say that I am SUPER stoked about the Anniversary party on the 12th! Just wanted to pose a quick question to anyone who knows the public transporation system in Manhattan/Brroklyn fairly well: I'm going to be coming in from Jersey for the big event and just wanted to know if there was a realtively quick way for me to get there using Public trans. Thanks!
girltrouble
vesta you might want to try the nyc busties thread here.

hopefully someone who lives in the city can help you.

and kitten, i guess i'm just used to the way the community used to operate-- people would post here more often, and there would be more discussion of thread ideas. even if it was to say a thread wasn't needed, i guess.
stargazer
gt, it seems like we are being more responsible to use the threads we already have instead of creating a whole bunch of new ones.
girltrouble
oh i'm not complaining, star, i'm just noting. that's all.
missladyj
since Amc broadcast the whole first season of Madmen I am now a fan and can't wait till the new season starts. anyone interested in a thread to discuss this show? I am thinking something called MAD women who love mad men
vesta
thank you, girltrouble!
candycane_girl
ahhhh, wtf just happened to the layout? And why is my typing in pink?!
girltrouble
don't panic candycane, they are just doing a redesign on the site.
info here.
amazonprincess
I just got engaged, there's a wedding thread someplace around here right?
candycane_girl
gt, I don't like it at alllllllll!

amazonprincess, there is a thread in absolutely fadulous called the day to remember thread or something.
girltrouble
wedding thread here.

and i'm sorry candy. i can't do anything about it. it might be fun. give it some time...
tesao
background weirdness.

i don't really understand why. pink leopard print is all i ever need.

i hear you, girl trouble, about the convos that used to be here in the forum. they could get pretty intense. sometimes this was where is was all happening in terms of the community.

i suspect that the current discussion in the troll thread would have taken place here, in the forum, previously.

that said, i'm going on record to say that i don't miss the yearly drama of "we are old school and others are not and never the twain shall meet". sort of makes one wonder if we were really all that different or if there was an "axis of evil" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then causing disruption.

i'm sort of clueless about that, but it's an interesting potential twist.
girltrouble
yeah. i do miss that. cos we all have threads that turn into our little enclaves now, and this used to be the place where everybody would come. and you'd hear about other threads that you didn't know about, or whatever. i'm not stuck on it, by any means, but there was a sense of community, eventually. i forgot about the oldschool thing, i guess cos it didn't really concern me. and i like the n00bs, they bring the new energy in. but yeah. i liked that this was the thread everybody read, every body contributed to, and really figured things out in.

oh and tes... it's always so good to see you 'round.
((((((tes)))))
thirtiesgirl
QUOTE(missladyj @ Jul 24 2008, 09:52 AM) *
since Amc broadcast the whole first season of Madmen I am now a fan and can't wait till the new season starts. anyone interested in a thread to discuss this show? I am thinking something called MAD women who love mad men

Sorry, I just read this. But I'm a *big* Mad Men fan (although I haven't seen all the season 1 eps yet, but many). I can't watch the show without my ears steaming just a little. And sometimes a whole hell of a lot. Not about the show, per se, but about the times the show depicts. And some of the styles are to die for, imho. I think the show is worthy of discussion. Anyone else?
girltrouble
well i like the show, so it's ok with me. i'll contribute. i've been meaning to get mr. trouble hooked on the show, the season starter tomorrow might be the vehicle-- if it doesn't come one when the venture bros. is on. venture bros is sublime!
stargazer
i actually like the new background. unsure.gif
candycane_girl
The background is starting to grow on me. It still weirds me out that when I type it's in pink but once it's posted it's black. And I'm also finding some of the threads confusing: some are bold and underlined while others aren't and even after I check them the martini glass remains full. Okay, that sounded weird but I'm sure you know what I mean!
LoungeLady
The schizophrenic background alarms me a little bit. But it's also fun and unpredictable, and hey, I like to live on the edge. *refreshrefreshrefresh*

~LLLysa
roseviolet
I'll contribute to a Mad Men thread, too!
lilacwine13
I'd be interested in a Mad Men thread as well, even though I might not contribute too much.
CandyMandyDandy
Is it good to post about Danica Patrick's show on the MotoDanica Site? its a really funny spoof on all the day time talk shows...
auralpoison
Bit late fer askin' now, innit? You already dedicated a whole thread to it.
girltrouble
i think what aural means to say is, no.

not that i think you're actually reading anything but your own posts, candy, but read this thread. see how consensus was found with the mad men thread? that's how we create threads round these parts.

go around making threads for no good reason, and... well your first thread is what happened. keep that up and round here your name will be mudd. best to take things slow, read the threads you post in, and not start any new threads. if you're looking for a topic ask in here first.

that is why you have to at least post 10 times before you can make a thread. it's not an arbitrary speed bump, it's there for a reason.

missladyj
So mad men is a go! Yee haw!
CandyMandyDandy
I guess i missed the part where i had to ask here before i can post my own thread and since i messed up i thought I'd ask here just to fix my mistake...but i do read other posts and what ever interests me and i have knowledge about it i post on it...I also have a question...what are your guys' accents from...im sure its from the states just a little bit harder to understand cuz im use to no accents smile.gif
girltrouble
candy, you have to think of the lounge as a group of conversations. people don't usually jump in and talk about anything, try to relate to the others in the thread. pick up on what they are saying, and try to add to the conversation. speaking for speaking sake doesn't get you too far round here. even if you disagree, contribute to the thread. don't just blurt in, don't just interject and walk off.

as for my accent,
i have a thoroughly western twang. infact i sound like a miner from an old west movie. if you read my posts out loud doing the twangiest, cowboy accent, that is probably exactly what i sound like irl. ask aural. i sound like i just fell off of a horse (head first).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.