Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
roseviolet
I think the post Bunny was referring to is a post she made in one of the offending threads. When that thread got deleted, Bunny's post got deleted along with it. Does that make sense?

Tree, I love the Sesame Street song! You just made my day. smile.gif
girltrouble
look, i would have left the thread there had it not been for the complaints from bunny b herself talking about how much they hated the extra threads i started to draw in femicist. now after i delete the thread she says that. it's a catch 22. should i have kept the threads? or deleted them? i deleted them because of bunny, then i shouldn't have deleted them. i don't know why i fucking bother.

damned if i do damned if i dont.

i said i quit, i'll stick to it.

no matter what i do someone's going to object, critisize, or pick.

i'm done.
roseviolet
GT, Doodle just asked for a simple clarification. You did not specifically, maliciously delete a post made by a Bustie. Those of us who were here for the clusterfuck know that & will support that. I think Doodle just wanted to make sure that was the case.

Take a deep breath! It's all gonna be okay! smile.gif
doodlebug
Thanks for explaining that, rose.

GT - I was only asking for clarification, and I got it. I said I wasn't trying to pick on anyone. I brought up the issue out of genuine concern for an issue that matters greatly to me, something you already know from our previous discussions on the mod privileges issue - how was I to understand what happened if it wasn't explained? I really didn't even want to engage at all in this discussion, but it was important enough to me to ask, so please don't make this into something that it's not.
girltrouble
i just don't want to anymore. it's more than just doodle. that's just a symptom.

steve has been bombing me with pms and the site doesn't want to stop them i've had over 700 pms in the last half hour.

no matter what i do there's something else, somebody saying something and i'm sure debbie is going to give me shit about the thread deletion regardless. i just assumed that we knew who the enemy was, but no matter what someone's got something to say, if it's altering steve's threads, i get shit, i keep threads, i get shit, i delete them i get shit, if it's not busties, it's steve, if it's not steve, it's debbie.

i don't need it.

i just don't care anymore.
damona
gt, breathe honey. breathe.

believe me, we really appreciate you doing this for us.

i forgot to say it before, but i agree with polly that the next round, the trolligtor should be anonymous. it would save on the mental wear and tear on whomever is modding.

doodlebug
Wait, where was I giving you shit, GT? If a person is given a position of trust and authority, do you not expect that person to be accountable for it, and to answer a question about the job they are doing? I'm sorry if it feels like an attack, but you must KNOW that it wasn't ever meant to be - just read my posts. I was only asking for clarification about an issue that was brought up in this thread.
girltrouble
i never said you were giving me shit, doodle. but debbie will chide me for deleting the thread. you guys aren't getting the whole picture. you only see what's on the surface here. it's just not worth it.

besides, it's irrelevant, i've already told her i quit, but even if i didn't i'm sure the thread deletion would have been the final straw. it doesn't matter.

ETA:i think i need follow bunny's lead and take some time off too. i'm a basket case (obviously).
Queen Bull
all i have to say is bleh.

united we stand, divided we fall.

hugs and relaxing vibes to all involved *everyone*

<3's
pepper
ok, i get that it's a hard job but that was a given, right? that's why it wasn't made available to us before. so now we finally get what we've wanted and then the towel gets thrown it? terrific. we can say goodbye to another trollgator period, anonymous or not.
i get it, i do, i wouldn't have applied for the post but it's still a bummer.
bunnyb
gt, if debbie gives you shit for deleting the threads then put it on me because it was me (and then others) who complained about them being created.

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear, doodle; rose is right, I made my original post about the threads in one of the threads in question and when it was deleted my post went with it. Rose had already cross-posted hers in here but I hadn't so I felt that I couldn't defend what I had written without the proof. gt didn't do it maliciously and was just deleting the thread that we objected to.

A lot of this under the surface stuff that's going on with Debbie is obviously causing upset with gt and confusion and disharmony amongst the ranks. As an aside, why on earth is the trolligator not allowed to ban a troll sending her PMs? Debbie is taking her anti-exclusionary stance too far.

Anyway, I am going away for a few days so it's good timing and, gt, I think you should give yourself a break too as this has blown way up.
tesao
I’m sad about this. I think that we all love the lounge. I think that we all heartily dislike (if not something very much stronger) steve and the trash that it posts here.

I’ve been here long enough to have had to put up with its’ crap for days, with all of its’ idiotic cut and pastes of religious tripe and horrific photos. I’ve literally abandoned the lounge during those times, even after the ignore function, because of the dozens and dozens of threads that it would start; the lounge disgusted me with all of that gratuitous, blatant misuse of our space.

I think that we would all love to see it leave us alone forever.

The idea of the trolligator was brought up; debbie listened to it and approved it. we (or at least i) weren’t privy to all of the details. I frankly don’t really care what they involved (what could and could not be done). What I do know is that during the long weekend, I could pop into the lounge (weekends are the easiest for me, because of my hectic work schedule – I can’t really post at work, I don’t have the time) and even though IT was there, it didn’t interfere.

Yes, there were three threads that were there to bait it. I even participated, it gave me joy to see it thwarted. No, those threads were not approved in the community forum. It was worth it to me not to have to see the trash that girl trouble had “taken out”. I got the sense that those threads were ones that IT had started and that GT had simply renamed them to get under its’ skin even more. I don’t honestly know.

I do know that we are all invested here. Whatever our differences, and there are a lot of them, we generally manage to get along. Relationships have misunderstandings and arguments. That is how they grow. If not, they stagnate and die.

I don’t think that anyone really meant to weigh a 3 day weekend free of steve the idiota against GT’s failure to ask permission to start troll baiting threads. I honestly don’t think that they equate, or that anyone meant any harm. Not GT for starting them, not anyone else (bunnyb and roseviolet come to mind but i suspect there were others I’m not remembering).

I also think that the conversation got too heated too fast – precisely because we all care so damn much about this space and this community. So we said some things in anger, or without thinking them through. It happens. We are human (even if we DO all rock the hell out of the world – which we do).

I’m not naïve enough to think that we can all hold hands and be friends. Zings have been sent out, on purpose or not. Feelings have been hurt, on purpose or not. What we need is some time to just cool down and let each other be for a while. We can’t ignore what happened. We can wait until we are more ready and/or able to discuss it from a distance, without the heat of the moment adding an element that perhaps would not have normally been there.

GT – if you are in any doubt as to how much people here appreciated what you did – go and read the props thread, dude. People noticed, and they loved you for it.

Everyone else – yah, we should all check in the community forum first before starting new threads. This isn’t the first time that a thread was started without doing that. It won’t be the last. Let’s do our best to do that in the future, and to acknowledge that sometimes the world happens way too fast for us to remember all of the rules.

My love to each and every one of you. This is a sacred space for me, and it is because of all of you. Obrigada, queridas. Vocês são simplesmente demais!
sybarite
GT, I think you did an awesome job and I personally don't blame you for wanting to quit--especially if you're getting nasty PMs. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

As for deleting threads, or not, surely getting rid of the troll's posts and pictures was far and away the most urgent issue? For me, the presence or not of random threads pales into insignificance next to the existence of those posts.
culturehandy
I can only imagine what GT is going through, the man is consistently proving he has no life but always posting, sending PM's (like 700 in an hour, that's fucked up, and psycho and creepy on so many levels). I'd be overwhelmed and want to quit to.

Where is Debbie in all of this? Why was her decision one to make the mod known. Yes we wanted a mod, yes we got what we wanted, but come on, use your head and make the person anonymous that way they wouldn't be getting harrassed and this could have been avoided. I appreciate what Debbie has done by making someone a mod, but why make it so public. If she ever came on here, especially during a trollfest then she'd see what we'd have to put up with.
pollystyrene
Yeah, I think making the mod known pretty much set this up for failure. Whether that's part of a greater conspiracy, I don't know.

I hope we can re-try this experimtent the way it should have been done to begin with.

Maybe the trolligator account can be set up without the ability to send/receive PM's or even post. If the true purpose is only to delete the troll posts and not stoke the fire, so to speak, this is all they really need to be able to do.
roseviolet
QUOTE(tesao @ Sep 3 2008, 06:34 AM) *
I’m
I don’t think that anyone really meant to weigh a 3 day weekend free of steve the idiota against GT’s failure to ask permission to start troll baiting threads. I honestly don’t think that they equate, or that anyone meant any harm. Not GT for starting them, not anyone else (bunnyb and roseviolet come to mind but i suspect there were others I’m not remembering).

Exactly. They are two completely separate, completely different issues.

The point was that long-time Busties who know our two most basic rules started those threads & participated in them. Some of us took offense to that so we voiced our displeasure. Everything has been fixed now. So let's move on, shall we?
girltrouble
in debbie's defense, i think she has a good idea of what's going on here. i think she does know i'm a bit of a hothead. perhaps that's why she picked me perhaps not, perhaps she was just sick of my complaints and thought i should have to see first hand what the deal is since i was the squeakiest wheel. but i thought she deserves a fair shake. so i'm posting part of her email during this last weekend's shit storm:

We agreed that you would delete his posts and his threads. That's what the role of the trolligator was. Please understand that this is the first time I have trusted this kind of work to anyone outside of our office, and I definitely understood your argument about how important it was to have a mod who could get at his posts during times when our office is not open.

I think you've been doing a great job of it, and obviously everyone on the board is really grateful. But we did agree on a few things and I think it's only fair for me to expect you to keep to what was agreed on. I don't know how you have the power to edit people's posts; it isn't something that was granted you via the admin but I'll look into it.

I'm definitely not trying to defend this guy; it's really clear that he's only there to start trouble. So this has nothing to do with that. And I also don't want to sound ungrateful; I truly am very glad that you are helping out. I'm trying this for the first time, and we agreed on some ground rules. If you find his posts to be offensive, which they clearly are, please just delete them. Okay?

i'm sorry about yesturday's freak outs, but i think tes is right we all love this place, and i guess i'm a bit too close to this, because i pushed so hard for it, i want this too work more than anyone. i was hoping that if i roughed steve up, that he'd never darken our door. but that's not the case. this is going to be a long hard slog, and it's going to take a long time, and my theory of fast retaliation didn't work. i should have known better, but i made some glaring and obvious mistakes that were rather glaringly obvious. but i got a spanking, which, i earned, i might add, and now is time to work the problem until he DOES go away.
culturehandy
since Debbie is aware of what a fucking loser Steve is, I wonder if it ever crossed anyone's mind that he is editing his own posts to make it seem like you have the power to do so. He HATES the fact that you have the power to do this and will stop at nothing to ensure that this privilage is revoked.
girltrouble
yes, well i will fully admit that i have been editing his posts. y'all know me. that's completely my style. i love making him look like an ass. granted, it's not that hard, and he does do the job for you, but no, i relish fucking with steve. i live for it. i have no shame in admitting it. but the job is to delete the posts and threads he makes so i have little use for it from here on out-- if deb decides to keep trying this trolligator thing.

as for getting that privilege revoked, as the email points out, i'm not supposed to be able to do that.

....and technically...

...i can't.

wink.gif

ETA:my mail box says i've got "-128 messages." hee hee!
roseviolet
A negative number of messages? How is that possible? I wonder if we can somehow harness this power. Perhaps we could use it to create a time machine! That would kick ass!
treehugger
I have negative one message. Heh.
roseviolet
QUOTE(treehugger @ Sep 3 2008, 06:11 PM) *
I have negative one message. Heh.

That's so strange! I wonder how that happens. QSpice might have a clue because she helps run a forum that works on the same software as Bust. She hasn't been around too much lately, though. She's just been too busy.
quantumspice
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Sep 3 2008, 09:27 PM) *
That's so strange! I wonder how that happens. QSpice might have a clue because she helps run a forum that works on the same software as Bust. She hasn't been around too much lately, though. She's just been too busy.

I tell you, RV, you have the touch of calling my name right around the time I'm lurking tongue.gif

Negative messages happen because:
1) old forum software. Not terribly surprising we're using 2.2.2, but 2.3.5 is the most recent one, and IIRC, they fixed the negative messages already

2) someone sent a message, tracked it, and then deleted it. Just visit your in box, and it should re-set to 0.
girltrouble
if you have a bunch of pms that you haven't opened, but you delete a bunch you get negative a negative message count, rosey.

hey pee-poles!

as you know, we are currently dealing with a poor no life shmuck troll named steve. he posts under the name "femicist nemesis" you can tell how pathetic he is because he can't even spell feminist. do me a personal solid--do not go into his threads. he just cuts and pastes bible verses and fake abortion pix because he's not smart enough to actually post his own words. i will try to delete his posts in a timely manner, but if you see his threads, ignore them. trust me, it makes things easier for everyone. while i deal with him, y'all can enjoy things round our lovely paradise. k?.

just block and ignore him by going here: ignore steve/femicist link.

thanks,
~gt
girlygirlgag
Can't you just ban him? Does he have more than one ISP?

I ignore him. He don't bug me none.
kittenb
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 4 2008, 04:33 AM) *

hey pee-poles!

as you know, we are currently dealing with a poor no life shmuck troll named steve. he posts under the name "femicist nemesis" you can tell how pathetic he is because he can't even spell feminist. do me a personal solid--do not go into his threads. he just cuts and pastes bible verses and fake abortion pix because he's not smart enough to actually post his own words. i will try to delete his posts in a timely manner, but if you see his threads, ignore them. trust me, it makes things easier for everyone. while i deal with him, y'all can enjoy things round our lovely paradise. k?.

just block and ignore him by going here: ignore steve/femicist link.
thanks,
~gt

auralpoison
I would again like to publicly apologize to BunnyB. I seriously thought you were talking to me & not GT & I am so sorry that I was such an off the hook cooze to you. Seriously. You're a fave Bustie of mine & I shouldn't have acted the cunt. I bow before you in your infinite glory & can't wait til you grace us with your awesomeness again.

It is through you people that I TRULY become a better person, even if that person is half-ass at best. I'm hoping to at least be a whole butt cheek.
roseviolet
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 5 2008, 02:38 AM) *
I bow before you in your infinite glory & can't wait til you grace us with your awesomeness again.

Just so you know, the reason why BunnyB has not been posting for the last few days is because she's away on a trip. She'll be back soon. smile.gif
girlygirlgag
Hey ladies,

I know it's been awhile since I have been around these parts, but I am here, for the time being.

I think we all need to take a BIG BUSTIE DEEP BREATH. This troll is baiting the hell out of you GT and you are giving him exactly what he wants. I know he is annoying and his posts are troubling, but I have to walk by ass hats like him every morning. I have a choice when I walk by, I can let their misinformation, misogyny, sexism and plain foolishness entrap me into their culture of sickness, or I can ignore them, keep fighting the good fight, and carry on in peace and harmony.

I know that you don't want newbies to get caught up in fighting with this idiot, but y'all set the example and this war is pretty bloody right now. I urge you all to walk away, stop leaving nasty messages on his profile, stop freaking the fuck out about him, and just pick up your ball and walk away.

It isn't easy, but it is so worth it. He eats your hate like love. Ignore him and he will lose his power.
zoya
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 5 2008, 01:38 AM) *
I'm hoping to at least be a whole butt cheek.

christ, AP, you never cease to remind me why I love you.... xo
girltrouble
Hey ladies,

I know it's been awhile since I have been around these parts, but I am here, for the time being.

I think we all need to take a BIG BUSTIE DEEP BREATH. This troll is baiting the hell out of you GT and you are giving him exactly what he wants. I know he is annoying and his posts are troubling, but I have to walk by ass hats like him every morning. I have a choice when I walk by, I can let their misinformation, misogyny, sexism and plain foolishness entrap me into their culture of sickness, or I can ignore them, keep fighting the good fight, and carry on in peace and harmony.

I know that you don't want newbies to get caught up in fighting with this idiot, but y'all set the example and this war is pretty bloody right now. I urge you all to walk away, stop leaving nasty messages on his profile, stop freaking the fuck out about him, and just pick up your ball and walk away.

It isn't easy, but it is so worth it. He eats your hate like love. Ignore him and he will lose his power.

ugh. G3 i love you, but i don't understand why once we bury the dead horse, somebody's gotta fucking dig it up, and start fucking beating it all over again. why? look, i do the job the way i see fit, i don't need another fucking cook in the kitchen telling me to use less salt. one thing i've always detested is someone looking over my shoulder. i've said this before, i've been here for years, where everyone ignored him and gave him no attention, guess what? he's still FUCKING HERE. give me a little credit here. i do have a plan, if doesn't work, i will change tactics. but let me do the job. if you want the f'ing job, email debbie and if she wants to give it to you, you can have it no fight from me, k?

but till then, can we just agree, i've got this sucky job, i'm doing the best i can, i do things my way, and when you get this job from fucking hell, you can follow your little heart's desire, ok?
girlygirlgag
That's the shitty thing about GT, he is never going to leave. NEVER EVER. I have been here for 6 years and he has been here longer than I have.

However, when he is ignored, he doesn't post five hundred posts in a row.

I think you are doing a fine job, my only advice is to roll your eyes and sweep, without egging him on at all. He loves it and you are too good for his shit.

You know I love you right? Who's my chicklet? My bun-bun?
girltrouble
honestly, i didn't ask for your advise, i've got plenty of advise, if you haven't noticed. fuck dood, i just had this fucking conversation 3 fucking days ago. read the fucking thread fercrissakes. obviously you don't think i'm doing a good job otherwise you wouldn't have f'ing posted. jesus, even when i do things differently i still have someone telling me i'm not doing it right. fuck. if i had known this was the shit i'd get for trying to help, i would have kept my big mouth shut. do you think i haven't been told anything you've said already? do you think i'm still doing what i did over the fucking weekend? jesus h christ crucified on popsicle sticks, g, what the fuck do you think you're adding here? how do you think THIS fucking helps shit? tell me?

girlygirlgag
Well, you becoming hostile with someone who is trying to be your friend, certainly is not helping.

Sorry I said anything. I saw someone who I liked letting some asshat with a keyboard get under their skin.
So, I thought I would say something that may ease your nerves.

Looks like I was wrong.

Anyhoo, sorry to bother and I will be going now.
girltrouble
i know.

do you think his shit is new to me? i've been here longer than you have. i get it.

but you aren't the first person to tell me that. i've heard every one tell me the exact same thing, not just one person, but i had plenty of busties jumping on my ass for everything i've tried. you haven't been around but i busted my ass to try and get a trollgator to delete his shit so we wouldn't have to wait a week for the lounge lady to delete his horse shit. i didn't want the job because i know i'm too hair trigger. in spite of that debbie gave me the shitty job, and well, i get everybody telling me how to do a job i didn't want in the first place.

fuck, g, i'm just doing the best i can.

so i change up tactics, and you critisize me for the exact same thing everybody else did.read the thread, g, i've had several people point out the exact same thing you have, we figured it out, talked it out i aplogized, and here you come, digging up that same dead horse. all you had to do was read the thread.

i get it. i do.

but i don't take these things well. i am trying so hard, so hard. i only have the best intentions, and if you've ever tried to do the right thing, and you put your heart into it, if you've ever tried to be a better person than you are and to have someone critisize what you are doing, it hurts.

it really hurts. fuck, i am trying soooo fucking hard, here. i am trying so hard to be good. i love you all so much but i can't do it. i can't it just feels like my heart is getting broken and i am trying so damn hard. do you know that last fight had me in tears? this one has me in tears, i love you ggg, i love the lounge. i just wanted to help and it feels like i've just made things worse, just like everthing else i just fuck it up.

i am so not the person to do this job. i take it all so to heart, i hurt way too easily.

i'm sorry ggg, i didn't mean to hurt you or anyone else here. i just can't take critisism on this. i'm not some tough nugget that can take pointers from people i like. i'm too fragile. my heart is always on my sleeve.

ETA:i'm done. i quit. i don't care if she leaves me the mod on bust for 1000 years, i'm not deleting another thing. everyone seems to be of the mind that the lounge was better before, and i know my life was better before so i'm done. steve can post to his hearts content, and i'm not deleting anything. this job has done nothing but fuck up my life. i've been hoping to get you to post for a long time ggg, and i fucked that up too. i get my feelings hurt/get in fights with other busties every three days. it's not worth it to me. it's just not.
pepper
hey, here is a little latch hook rug porn to cheer you guys up. it made me smile anyhow!
culturehandy
Boobies!
auralpoison
All kinds of boobies! Big ones, little ones! Boobies!

I <3 you, too, Zoya!
missladyj
Now is the time for us to come together as busties and focus on what's really important. You know put all the bullshit aside and turn our attention to more pressing matters.

Like WHEN CAN I START A THREAD ABOUT 90210???!!!!?????

seriously. I just watched the first episode and I am so excited I may plotz myself. It's got Brenda, it's got Kelly, it's got horrible outfits just like the original!!!

so who's in?

I'd be remiss if I didn't add

PENIS!!!
culturehandy
*steps up to the mic*

ahem.

Boobies are lovely.
All varieties are nice.
I love them always.

that is all.
kittenb
You know, bobbies is such a fun, bubbly word. We need to choose something similar for penis. The word just doesn't sound right when used with boobies.

Boobies and cock?
Boobies and dicks? No, absolutley not.
Boobies and wee-wees?
pepper
willies! wee willy winkeys!
kittenb
Boobies and winkies.

I like that.
bunnyb
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 5 2008, 08:38 AM) *
I would again like to publicly apologize to BunnyB. I seriously thought you were talking to me & not GT & I am so sorry that I was such an off the hook cooze to you. Seriously. You're a fave Bustie of mine & I shouldn't have acted the cunt. I bow before you in your infinite glory & can't wait til you grace us with your awesomeness again.

It is through you people that I TRULY become a better person, even if that person is half-ass at best. I'm hoping to at least be a whole butt cheek.

I'm gracing you with my awesomeness again, sweetpea wink.gif.

gt, we've moved past it but I just want to say publicly that I am sorry for criticising and, in turn, making you cry; it was never my intent.

neurotic.nelly
*Boobies!!!*
girltrouble
gt, we've moved past it but I just want to say publicly that I am sorry for criticising and, in turn, making you cry; it was never my intent.
thank you, bunny, i'm sorry too. i shouldn't have flown off the handle. i know you meant no harm. everybody's heart was in the right place, i'm not very good with critisizm or complements. i think we all care about this place so much, that we all miss the forrest for the trees.

you wanna hear something funny? i was looking thru posts in the mod voting thread and some people's posts were down right precient. i kind of wish i'd gone thru that before i started. i think i would have been better prepared.

what's more, bewbies.
missladyj
yes yes yes. boobehs, wee wees, courageous bustie apologies and love

but am I the only loser who is interested in a 90210 thread?
90210 anyone?
Bueller , Bueller?
auralpoison
*crickets*

Um, I think for mow you may just want to stick with Television Drug of the Nation for now, MLJ. I wouldn't have even have known it had started already if I hadn't checked out the Onion this week.
kittenb
Am I missing it or has the "Take It Outside" thread dissapeared? I could have sworn it was in Ladies Who Lounge just yesterday.
tesao
kitten b, i can't find it either. and it was just here this morning. it's been getting a lot of traffic lately.

i looked in some of the other fora but couldn't find it in them, either. anybody out there know anything?

curiouser and curiouser.

miss lady j: i agree with aural poison.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.