Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
auralpoison
The LoungeLady was lurking early this morning, perhaps she pulled it?
bunnyb
It looks as if it's gone... I searched for kittenb's recent posts (for convenience) and there's everything in the last week except for the ones made in that thread. I'm hoping that this was some time of mistake and that somebody is able to tell us what happened because deleting threads that actually have a function in the lounge is not on (god, I am such a hypocrite but y'all know what I'm meaning).
girltrouble
it's gone. i had nothing to do with it, so this is LL/debbie's doing. i haven't deleted anything, and i would never delete that thread.
bunnyb
Knew it wasn't you, gt. but definitely curiouser and curiouser...

eta: I hadn't read the last few posts in the threads but do you think somebody reported it? and yet we've never had any other -and some really fucking awful arguments- deleted. Hmmm.
girltrouble
i'm thinking it's got to be the new LL not understanding the way the lounge works. threads with arguments among busties are the catharsis that this place grows from. heh. it's our fertilizer. it's what makes our hot house flowers so spectacular.

i've emailed debbie, but i've not heard from her since i've sent her my repeated emails titled "i quit" "no, really i quit." "it's quittin' time" "f this bs, i quit" "ooooo, busties who quit for the win" and "for godsakes, have you not heard that my most fervent wish is that this pain end, in other words, hey, lady i quit!"
auralpoison
Well, I was on here helping a newb with his training wheels this morning & I know she was lurking. The last post (Thirtiesgirl's reply to KittenB, I think.) before it got yanked was the breast enhancement/body issues debate that initially raged over in the small boob thread.
girltrouble
seems so odd that that would get attention enough that she would think deleting it was a good idea?
roseviolet
Very very strange. In its odd little way, I thought that thread showed how great Busties can be. Yes, we fight sometimes, but we talk it out together & often end up closer as a result. Perhaps we should just start it up again. If it gets deleted then we can consult higher authorities. Sound good?

ETA: I think the original name was something like "Take It Outside: the thread for disagreements & derailments". Does that sound right?

bunnyb
I think you should go for it, rose; it was you who started it in the first place (try to retain the sub-heading of thread for de-railements and arguments).

eta: haha.
girltrouble
go, rose. there's definately a need for it. it's just a shame it got deleted. i was debating it earlier, but i'm still staying as far away from doing anything with the trolligator stuff as i can. i don't want to start threads, delete or edit them. honestly, right now i'm just posting and pming. nothing more.
roseviolet
Okie doke. I'll put it up.

ETA: There you go. It's up and running. Hope it's okay if I didn't add a descriptive opening post, but I think most people are smart enough to figure it out for themselves. smile.gif
LoungeLady
i'm sorry if i deleted that by mistake...i was trying to delete a troll thingy.
auralpoison
No problem! It happens!
tesao
no problem, Lounge Lady. as aural poison said, it happens.

i think that the thread you might have been trying to delete was the "bust divided" - anything begun by Femicist Nemisis is one started by steve the troll.

at least the mystery has been solved!

a hearty thanks to rose violet for starting the take it outside thread again. i recently got to figure out why another bustie and i were having issues over obama being black....communication, once again.

one of our best threads ever.
auralpoison
I would just like to say that I am evil & that nobody should EVER listen to me. Seriously. I am an ASS.
girltrouble
i dunno, aural, you've been nothing but lovely to me. i think you are super perceptive, super funny, and not even close to assy.
auralpoison
That's just cos I want to have your intarwebs babies, GT. I ripped on grandad because I grew weary of his queries. I am patient to a *POINT*..
girltrouble
wait... i want to has your intarwebz babies!

i don't think that makes you terrible. hell, i didn't even try. heh. it didn't even occur to me.

i figger sink or swim round these parts.

i always think of the newbies who lurk for so long before posting cos we can all be kinda bitchy... cept freckle, or rosev, pugs, and demona, and yuefly and... ok. you and i are the real bee-otches round here. we deserve to have each others intarweb babees, and they should eat us alive.

god i need a FUCKING DRINK.
damona
wow, i count as one of the busties who's not bitchy?? lol, cool!

and, btw, i love all y'all,especially the bee-yotches! (said with the greatest of love, of course)

i so want to see aural and gt's interwebz baybees.
girltrouble
here's the last batch:

Glitterbabies!
...from hail!!!!

sad.gif ...ok, he looks like this... sad.gif
kittenb
This might be redundant by more than a few threads in Bust, but would anyone be interested in an "Ask Bustie" advice column?
girltrouble
i like the idea, kitten, but i think you might have pointed out the problem with it.
kittenb
Yeah, I think I talked myself outof it. rolleyes.gif
vixen_within
Kitten, I feel as though that's, like, the entire Bust Lounge to begin with. I wonder if the topic was honed down to a focus it would work -

It would be pretty neat to have a thread devoted to letter-style questions and answers (is that what you mean?), but I feel like there should be a twist in there. What about a Worst Advice thread, where people post problems and others offer up the worst possible solution to the mess?

Edit: Hah I had this window open so long before I posted, that GT answered first without me seeing.
girltrouble
i like vixen's idea of a bad advise/game thread, like ask a rather mundane question, and get a ridiculous answer, like:
dear bustie,
how can i tell my right shoe from my left?
-shoeless in seattle

dear SIS,
i find that returning them to the store is a good policy. it should be easy to tell right from left in well designed shoes, otherwise they are wrong. so take them back to the store and ask them which is which.

i think that'd be hilarious. and busties are a riot. i say yea to that...
vixen_within
Yeah! The bad advice thread. I have real problems too and sometimes the worst possible advice takes down my blinders & puts the best solution in sight, in a funny way.

Like,
"We just broke up. Should I call him/her?"

"No, you need time to heal. Arrange for all your friends to call him/her instead! Perhaps you can win him/her back - everyone loves to be lavished with attention. Make them call in the early mornings and past midnight, just so you know he'll/she'll be at home to take the calls!"
girltrouble
omg.... vixen. i about peed myself. i vote double yes.
vixen_within
I do my best..
deschatsrouge
Has anyone seen Pherber? She has been scarce for a while. I miss her.
treehugger
I miss Pherber toooo!!

OMG. I love the idea of the "bad advice" thread. Media Whores????
vixen_within
Two votes so far. Is it a go then? I was thinking even Family & Friends. What about a thread title?
pepper
bad advice sounds funny. i would probably only read it myself but that's because i am too lazy to type much these days.
girltrouble
"like bad medicine...the bad advice thread?"

"but you told me to! the bad advice...

say wa....

dear bustie, what should we name this thread?
tesao
just a spoonful.....of bad advice?

love the idea! busties are so smart and funny, it should be great!
auralpoison
"It seemed like a good idea at the time . . . the BAD advice thread."

OMG! A bad advice thread! AWESOME!

I have a gf that got broken up with FOREVER ago that will *still* spend a lonely Saturday afternoon calling five or six of us, hoping just one of us will tell her to call him. Um, nope.
bunnyb
"If I wanted your bad advice ... I'd ask for it!"?
girltrouble
i vote that one bun! that's a riot!
stargazer
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Sep 13 2008, 06:14 AM) *
"If I wanted your bad advice ... I'd ask for it!"?

i like the title and the thread. yipee!
vixen_within
I do too! I started it in Friends & Family with Bunny's thread title
pepper
you started it twice. ha.
pepper
my mistake. three times.

if you start it again (not that i am a stickler for this) you might want to capitalize the "I'd".
girltrouble
i dunno. i'm starting to think it should have something to the effect that it's an intentionally bad advise thread. i can already see people posting and replying with ernest answers. and we've got the rest of the lounge for that.

perhaps the subtitle should be, "your source for intentionally horrible advice..."

tesao
eeps! am i responsible for an ernest answer?

i don't think ANY of the advice in there was serious (except for staying away from the cat that gives hysterectomies).......

this all makes me think of oscar wilde.....
bunnyb
It's okay, never mind.
vixen_within
QUOTE(pepper @ Sep 14 2008, 12:05 AM) *
my mistake. three times.

if you start it again (not that i am a stickler for this) you might want to capitalize the "I'd".

I actually tried to edit it (hence the 1st duplicate) to read with a capital "I'd" and an all caps BAD, but it wouldn't let me, it just duplicated the original one. Then I had this other window open with another edited copy (and I'm not even a virgo) and my PC did this weird thing. That was my sign to log out and give up. I was hoping the threads would disappear before everyone found out I'm an idiot ohmy.gif

(thank you GT)

Edit: Yeah GT I think that would be a good subtitle too.
bunnyb
vixen, don't worry about it - creating threads can be quite glitchy (I HATE how the subtitle comes after a comma when you're in the thread (across the top), usually when there's an apostrophe just before!)

So, I know vodka is a bustie and the majority of busties enjoy their grog although we're not alcoholics because alcoholics go to meetings laugh.gif but how keen are we to discuss it? I think a thread (different from inebriated ramblings) where we could discuss/recommend nice bottles of wine we've found, bars we've drunk in, cocktails we've imbibed would be cool... what do you think?
pepper
hee hee vixen, i'm just poking funatchoo!
yuefie
Bun, I love the idea of a cocktails/wine thread. Oooh, imagine the recipes and ideas we can all share and swap.

And seeing "Vodka is a BUSTie" makes me miss sixelacat. *le sigh*
girltrouble
so pac nw +bc busites.... most of the other names have been vetoed, so it's looking like "the wetlands." for our thread.

....unless someone's got something better....?

and oh....sad.gif where is our sixla?
candycane_girl
Didn't there used to be a happy hour thread all about posting cocktail recipes and whatnot? I think it was in AbFad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.