Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
bunnyb
Not that I recall but I like something along of the happy hour thread for a title... do I have a second?
stargazer
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 15 2008, 07:46 PM) *
so it's looking like "the wetlands." for our thread.

wetlands. hee. that sounds like it should go in the sex thread. but, i'm just a little dirty minded. i like the name, gt.
pepper
i like welcome to the wetlands or some such with a happy hour subtitle.
girltrouble
lol.... looks like the title for the pnw thread has been swiped by the tipsy tipplers/drinky crow crowd....

i like it as a name for the drankin' thread too..... hmmmm.
deschatsrouge
See, I'm not hot on the title "Wetlands" because I live in the middle of the middle of the Bonneville flood scab lands/desert. It is by no means wet here.

But, I can't complain, as I have no alternative title suggestions.
yuefie
The Happy Hour is good. Or Last Call. They both sound good to me.
girltrouble
instead of "north by northwest", why not "west by northwest?" it covers bc and idaho, ore and wa.
deschatsrouge
I like West by Northwest.
girltrouble
ok... why don't we explore "west" titles, since that seems to be the common thread.

like:
red rock west
west side story
once upon a time in the west
Wild Wild West
How the West Was Won
Call of the West
West Point
Radio West
pacific or bust!
Code of the West
guns west!
west or bust!
Go West, Young bust! (or some variation)
Out West
true west
they rode west!
cattle queen! the dames of the west!
Mae West

whatever we chose i think it needs a..... "! "
sybarite
Into the West?

/hijacking of thread idea for geographically remote area to myself...
treehugger
Not my geographical area, but I like "wild wild west" and also "west side story".

Okay, I'm butting out now. smile.gif

For the alkie thread, I like "last call".
tesao
for the alcoholic drink thread, why don't we just call it "Vodka is a Bustie"

and then say something about the what the thread will talk about - high balls, cocktails, martinis, wine and spirits?
bunnyb
I was thinking "Welcome to the Happy Hour" or "Hallelujah for Happy Hour" or something but I am attached to "Vodka is a Bustie" (a classic AP quote?) and her latest "We aren't alcoholics, we don't go to meetings!" (paraphrasing slightly).
tesao
hmmm. i seem to remember that AP doesn't like to have her fab words messed with; maybe we should ask her if it is ok to call the thread that? i think that AP rocks!
treehugger
Yes, we should ask her first.
auralpoison
The only word usage that upset me was turning "executive cock" into a complete & total redundancy by adding a "+". It did not need to be "New & Improved!".

As the bar term goes, U call it! Just know I will expect a $25 comped tab at least once. And I like top shelf!
deschatsrouge
QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 17 2008, 08:48 PM) *
ok... why don't we explore "west" titles, since that seems to be the common thread.

like:
red rock west
west side story
once upon a time in the west
Wild Wild West
How the West Was Won
Call of the West
West Point
Radio West
pacific or bust!
Code of the West
guns west!
west or bust!
Go West, Young bust! (or some variation)
Out West
true west
they rode west!
cattle queen! the dames of the west!
Mae West

whatever we chose i think it needs a..... "! "

I like "Go West Young Busties!", "Wild West Busties", and "Pacific or Bust!"
pepper
hey girls, i don't know where to post this. i wanted to know how you can tell if olive oil is good quality or not. all the labels of course say extra virgin yadda yadda but how do you know for sure? and where should i be asking this? thanks!
girltrouble
the best place for that would probably be the bust general knowledge base.

60 minutes did a whole thing on how there was a whole bunch of fake extra virgin olive oils on the market because you can charge lots for it. my suggestion is to go to a specialty ethnic grocery store, and talk to an employee.

hey, i kinda got my hands full here, so if you guys see femicist's posts please continue to post warnings, and links to block him.

here is the code to make into links

http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?act=u...e&uid=28911

thanks,
gt
pollystyrene
You might get more answers in the barefoot thread, too.

ETA: Go girltrouble! Whoo whoo!
pepper
thanks guys, and thanks for that terrific clean up! wow, that was fast.
neurotic.nelly
hey, what happened to the "how do you know a guy is a good one thread" or "wonderful things our dates have said to us thread"? my bf just said something that i need to post!
doodlebug
I would vote for "North by Northwest" (which I think does encompass the US States in question) or "Go West, Young Busties"....I don't consider myself Pacific, though, even tho' I'm in BC. I guess I always consider Pacific to be right along the coast, I'm more inland and up over the mountains. Ditto the wetlands....I live in the grasslands!

auralpoison
Ya'll drunkards too hungover to pick a name for the hooch thread?

I think "Vodka is a Bustie" came from MLJ's interpretation of my "Are you there vodka? It's me, Bustie". Chelsea Handler ripped me off, yo.

This from an old post of mine, I thought I would suggest it: "Some girls are sugar & spice, some girls are vodka & ice!"

How 'bout, "Booze: Not just for breakfast anymore!"
girltrouble
ooooooh! i like that last one. it's shiny! purrrrrty!
stargazer
AP, well, i guess we were too drunk to care. all of those titles rawk to me. I think it should be Vodka is a Bustie.
girltrouble
if you guys see femicist's posts please continue to post warnings, and links to block him. just because i'm working on the case doesn't mean y'all can't help.

thanks,
gt
bunnyb
It's done and here.
kittenb
hey pee-poles!

as you know, we are currently dealing with a poor no life shmuck troll named steve. he posts under the name "femicist nemesis" you can tell how pathetic he is because he can't even spell feminist. do me a personal solid--do not go into his threads. he just cuts and pastes bible verses and fake abortion pix because he's not smart enough to actually post his own words. i will try to delete his posts in a timely manner, but if you see his threads, ignore them. trust me, it makes things easier for everyone. while i deal with him, y'all can enjoy things round our lovely paradise. k?.

just block and ignore him by going here: ignore steve/femicist link.
thanks,
~gt

Sigh...

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Sep 19 2008, 05:42 PM) *
if you guys see femicist's posts please continue to post warnings, and links to block him. just because i'm working on the case doesn't mean y'all can't help.

thanks,
gt

kittenb

Posted b/c I am tired of simply reposting GirlTrouble's wise words. I am feeling whimsical today.
girltrouble
i pm'd you kitten. thank you so much for the help. unfortunately i think it just egged him on. so , once again i am admitting i was wrong, he's best ignored. everybody just go about your business and i'll deal with steve. thanks,

gt.
vixen_within
Kitten....bwahaha!
pepper
Domo kun
kittenb
No criticism but what happened to the old Newbies Thread? Was it just too comtaminated to save?

Never mind. I saw the explaination.
girltrouble
ignore steve / femicist nemesis here.
tesao
ooooooooooooo! much love to the mod squad! hmm, linc, pete and what was the girl's name? i want to say amy, but i think that's wrong. anyone else know/remember?
auralpoison
Peggy Lipton was Julie.
vixen_within
heh, I always forget domo's monster origins until I see a clip like that.

Is there a favourite quotes thread? I thought I saw one around once, but can't find it. I'm in the mood for some inspiration.
kittenb
Who is up for a Pushing Daisies thread? I think we should call it, "Don't Mess With The Pie Ho's."
pepper
what does this mean exactly?
http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?showtopic=55683&hl=

pollystyrene
It means that a certain amount of time has to pass between posts. It's to avoid the posting sprees that asshat goes on, where he posts dozens of posts in a minute. It's probably only 30 seconds or so, so if you're a legitimate bustie, you're probably not posting anything closer together than that. It's basically a little speedbump for him, just to make it that much more of a hassle.
culturehandy
Wow. You mean the admins are finally doing something about this?

*looks around*

I'm scared. We've been asking about this for how long?? What's going on??
crinoline
I looooove Pushing Daisies, so I vote yes!
pepper
amazing. i still hope that they'll bump up the number of posts you have to make before you can start threads to 50 though. ten is not enough.
girltrouble
i dunno. i'm still a little bit in the loop, and debbie has been much more active and pro active about things in the lounge of late. i'm usually the first to complain, but i think deb deserves a lot of credit round here.

but i think the 50 post rule is a good one. always have. it just saves us lots of headaches.

auralpoison
Definitely word to Debbie for making a few positive changes around here.

The fifty post rule is a GOOD one. Lest we have more newbs fall to the fate of poor CandyMandyDandy.
dj-bizmonkey
this has nothing to do with anything, i just dropped off the face of the bust-earth and i wanted to come back and say HI to everyone. life was too crazy with traveling, school and multiple hurricane evacuations. but now that things are settled i will be wandering the hallowed halls of bust once more.

so anyway, *gesticulates wildly* hi everyone!
culturehandy
Woohoo DJ!!!!

I was just thinking about you today and I was going ot wander into the MIA bustie thread, and here you are!
pepper
man, where is the inadvertant inappropriateness thread? why can't i find these darn things when i go looking?!
stargazer
um, i think the trolls thread was accidentially deleted with the recent cleanup. blink.gif

is there a way to clear the Lounge of trolls without erasing beloved threads? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.