Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
vixen_within
That's a good idea Lily Anne.
vixen_within
New games! New games! What's a gal gotta do to start a new game around here?
missladyj
Where is the Sin Bin when you need it?

sin: Christmas cookies. delish!
auralpoison
Did we ever make a decision on restarting the Sin Bin? Because I think we should.
stargazer
i think we should too..
raisingirl
The last thing we need is a new game thread.

I give a big old HELL YEAH to restarting the Sin Bin (in ATWT, right?)...

ETA: I took the liberty to create the new Sin Bin thread and you can find it HERE.
Nettyd
Ok I'm totaly new to this! and I've read some very interesting things so far! so whats this Sin room all about blink.gif
missladyj
thanks raisin!
raisingirl
You're welcome!
girltrouble
has anyone seen the (bad) advise thread?
culturehandy
GT, I bumped it up for you, but linky is

here!
girltrouble
fank you berry much, culture...wink.gif
culturehandy
*tips hat*
culturehandy
Hey, I'm wondering what you all think about a Resolution thread. Not just for new years, either, just any any time resolution thread.

Thoughts?
Persiflager
Yeah, I'd like that - we could report back on how we're doing, and chivvy each other along.
culturehandy
Persiflager, you and I are so on the same wavelength, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!
Persiflager
Yay! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside biggrin.gif

Ooh, I've thought of lots already, can we start this thread please? Pretty please?
pollystyrene
Just a suggestion for whoever starts it- can you make the title not 2009 specific so we can keep using next year without any confusion?

Just an OCD request tongue.gif
culturehandy
It's in ATWT, and it called My Resolution.

I couldn't come up with anything more creative, so there you have it.
stargazer
hey, i couldn't find the taking up the whole damn bed--the singledom thread. blink.gif can anyone else find it? if not, can i start a new one then?

Thanks!
culturehandy
star, I bumped it up for you.
stargazer
thanks dude! biggrin.gif
auralpoison
While it is wholly unbidden, I want to make ya'll aware:

"Dear Concerned Busties and LJ'ers.....

As a follow up for Mandolyn's health: We're still waiting for additional notice from the family, but as it appears, all is ok at this point. As you can imagine, recovering from surgery is going to be a lot for Mandolyn to focus on, so we'd love to corral the energy of "what can we do?" into a concentrated effort. Conversations with friends and family have revealed that a house cleaning service would be the bees knees, as the boys already do try to do the cooking and grocery shopping. This way, while she recouperates, and as she continues with further treatment and her energy is depleated, she can still have a clean and tidy house.

In order to facilitate this, we are collecting money in a pay pal account - you may remember Chatnoire, a former Bust poster, has offered her account and handling of the financials. If you would like to donate, that can be done via a paypal deposit at rachel.hawthorn@gmail.com - please put "Mandolyn Fund" in the reference.

Additionally, cards and boxed gifts can be sent through an intermediary as well. Heven has offered to ship packages to Mandolyn from her location, and can be contacted at heven2mrgatroid@yahoo.com

I know it may feel/look like a stonewall in not giving out her home address directly, but we've not been authorized to give out Mandolyn''s personal information, so we are trying to protect and respect her privacy, while also sharing your support with her. We all know how special and wonderful Mandolyn is to all of us, and please know that this is set up as an opportunity to channel the love and support.

And remember - Check Your Boobies too!!"

"CALLING ALL BUSTIES! Let us keep Mando worry-free as possible. Her shit is currently bananas & I'd like to think we'd all do whatever we could for the likes of Mando. I know that in this economy things is tighter than a starfish's asshole & that is *air* tight. I happen to be fortunate enough to have dead folk's money, so I'ma kick down what I can, hopefully once a week. EVERY little bit helps. Forgo your lattes & shit & back a sistah up, ya'll. Skip a night of drinking with your pals or find a sucka that buys. Eat in one more time a week. Do you really need those shoes, BOGO or no? Ramen is tasty if you add a plop of butter. Take the change from your ashtray, what have you. Those jeans could go another week without washing. Woolite is cheaper than drycleaning. Five bucks here, ten bucks there. It adds the motherfuck up. And who better should it add up for? Mando is le merde.

I feel like I should copy that to the forum so everybody knows that we needs to be backin' up one of our own. Pay it fuckin' forward people. Pay it fuckin' forward if you can. If not, nobody said a little prayer & thought *can't* help."

SO FORWARDED. LET'S HELP OUT MANDO! I've already sent a meagre sum, do what you can people! Skip that Jamba Juice! Help out one of your own!
mornington
*seconds this*

AP, I heart you. I've been sans internet, worrying about Mando all week (Bunny has kept me updated), and this makes me smile.

Also - I have mando's address from a while back; if there are any EU busties who want to send stuff, I'm going to be putting a box together; pm me and I'll give you mine to post to.
roseviolet
Damn straight, AP. Thanks so much for posting this. I'm so glad that Chat and Heven are helping us do something for our dear Mando.
auralpoison
I WANT EVERYBODY TO READ THIS!

Just to post again:

"Dear Concerned Busties and LJ'ers.....

As a follow up for Mandolyn's health: We're still waiting for additional notice from the family, but as it appears, all is ok at this point. As you can imagine, recovering from surgery is going to be a lot for Mandolyn to focus on, so we'd love to corral the energy of "what can we do?" into a concentrated effort. Conversations with friends and family have revealed that a house cleaning service would be the bees knees, as the boys already do try to do the cooking and grocery shopping. This way, while she recouperates, and as she continues with further treatment and her energy is depleated, she can still have a clean and tidy house.

In order to facilitate this, we are collecting money in a pay pal account - you may remember Chatnoire, a former Bust poster, has offered her account and handling of the financials. If you would like to donate, that can be done via a paypal deposit at rachel.hawthorn@gmail.com - please put "Mandolyn Fund" in the reference.

Additionally, cards and boxed gifts can be sent through an intermediary as well. Heven has offered to ship packages to Mandolyn from her location, and can be contacted at heven2mrgatroid@yahoo.com

I know it may feel/look like a stonewall in not giving out her home address directly, but we've not been authorized to give out Mandolyn''s personal information, so we are trying to protect and respect her privacy, while also sharing your support with her. We all know how special and wonderful Mandolyn is to all of us, and please know that this is set up as an opportunity to channel the love and support.

And remember - Check Your Boobies too!!"

culturehandy
Hey, totally not to take away from AP's messge, I wanted to toss around yet anouther thread idea...

Now this isn't my idea originally, but I'm going to throw it out there, I'm sorry to the bustie who tossed this out there...

Anyways, in the bizarro website thread, someone asked why don't we start an online games thread, you know post a fun game or something, so how would you all feel about that, or should games stay in the bizarro website thread?

aha, upon reading the thread, I'm going to give credit where credit is due, it was Epinephrine who pitched this.
Persiflager
Yes please! I probably wouldn't post much in there, but I'd love to pick up links to good games.
LoveMyPugs
I have a very long detailed situation I'd like to post. I'm really not sure where to post it. It's really everything that's been going on with me since July. It's got heavy religious, committed relationship, and wedding/marriage issues that will all be covered. Not sure what thread to post it in. I want bustie advice and comments. I'm thinking of typing it all out tonight when I get home. I'm really needing to share all this with you ladies. I'm absolutely prepared for hard core criticism. I just don't want to put it in the wrong place. Can you all tell me where you'd like to see this post uh...posted?

Thanks,

LoveMyPugs
kittenb
Sounds like a fit for "Committed" IMO.
auralpoison
Word. I know you switched churches, LMP & that it caused some friction with the fam & the Mr. thinkin' you gone & drank the koolaid.
LoveMyPugs
that's only a small part of it so where do you want me to tell you the details? the religion thread or the committed thread?
roseviolet
LMP, I tend to post stuff like that in Kvetch or even in OkayLand, since they're both catch-all, chatty threads full or wonderful, supportive people. Committed might be good since those of us who read that thread know a bit of your story this year, but it's hard to know for sure without knowing exactly what you need. Are you just wanting to give us an up-date (Something that I'd love to hear, btw) or are you looking for advice or are you wanting to share something you've learned? If the focus feels more religious, then I don't know what to say because all of the religion threads here seem to get a little too debate-y, if you know what I mean.
culturehandy
I'm with RV, you could post in Kvetch or okayland. Or both, really just cut and paste in the other thread so you don't have to rewrite the whole thing.
LoveMyPugs
I think I'm going to put it in Kvetch. It's an update, explanation, venting, support, critcisim all in one post. I have to go out and get a bra and pantyhose to go under my wedding dress and then I'm heading home to post. Talk to you all then.

Thanks for all your support even now,

Pugs
konphusion26
Nevermind... I found it.
girltrouble
where is the confession thread?
roseviolet
GT, is this it?
BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
LoveMyPugs
someone said that they like to make check off lists all day long and they put silly stuff on there like "brush your teeth" just so they have something to cross off. i do this as well. why don't we make a To-Do List thread. That could be fun to do and funny to read. Just a suggestion. could be fun.
kittenb
I like it. It would go well in AbFab.
culturehandy
Me too.
roseviolet
Sounds great to me, too. Do you have a name in mind, Pugs?
LoveMyPugs
Nope please offer suggestions

kittenb
"To Do; To Doing; To DONE!"
girltrouble
thanks rose, that was it. don't know why i couldn't find it.

great idea pugs!!!!! (xoxoxo)

possible titles

hunny do.
making a list, checking it twice.
and i can't resist a film reference: list-o-mania (from ken russell's 60's film lisztomania)
bustieslist (you know like craigslist)

or just "to-do"

man this is a hard one....
bunnyb
To do, or not to do... that is the question rolleyes.gif.

I like kitten's and list-o-mania and making a list, checking it twice.
gradgal
I like the idea of a list making thread. I also like kitten's suggestion for the name. My suggestion for the name would be:

'My To Do List...#1. Make a list'

...this way we can pick up on the idea of making lists and adding things just so we can feel good about taking them off rolleyes.gif
LoveMyPugs
bunnyb - that is the one i thought of but doesn't that sound more like a procrastination thread title to you? that's what I thought so I abandoned the idea.

I like the "My To Do List...#1. Make a list"

all in agreement?
bunnyb
Yeah, it doesn't quite gel as a title for a list thread.

I like gradgal's suggestion - tis funny.

Things to do:
#1. Create a list thread.
raisingirl
1. Just so you know, the Procrastination Hell thread is in Working Girls.

2. I have to say I like Bunny's suggestion of To do, or not to do... that is the question .

3. Making lists ROCKS.

4. That is all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.