Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
kittenb
I don't know how popular this idea will be but I was wondering how people would feel about a thread about "In praise of being in a relationship"? Often, the "Committed" thread is more about problem solving. Sometimes I have happy randomness that have nothing to do with sex that I would like to share.
Any interest or would that just be too obnoxious?
girl_logic
Kitten, how about the "how do you know your guy is a good one" thread? although it's too bad it's just about guys.
kittenb
Thanks for pointing me there Girllogic and your point is well taken. I wish that there was a way to change thread names sometimes.
kittenb
A long time ago there was a thread exclusively for Bravo TV shows. Anyone up for ressurecting it/recreating it?
pollystyrene
I would be, but Real Housewives of NY is ending and I only watch NY and OC, and the OC version won't be on again for awhile, so I'm not sure if I'd have much to contribute right now. And Project Runway is going to Lifetime....I don't think there's any other shows I watch on Bravo.
girl_logic
Since there are two 80's threads in media whores, how would people feel about making one of them an 80's trivia thread? Anyone interested?
Persiflager
Are there any threads about cycling? If not, would anyone be interested in one? I'd suggest 'The Village Bike' biggrin.gif
prophecy_grrl
so how 'bout that Oprah thread? Polly's title suggestion works for me. Unless someone can think of a clever take on "Live your best life"
girltrouble
i'm doin' it, prophecy!

how about: look under your chair....it's oprah!
stargazer
Do it, GT! I love that name for the thread. laugh.gif
girltrouble
we used to have some strange crush threads... does anyone know where they are?
girltrouble
i don't know if anyone would be interested in a politics thread? i know we usually use the suffragette thread, but i really want to talk about the nom of sotomayor and some other things that don't quite fit....

thank you ketto! wub.gif
you're a love!
stargazer
i think someone else suggested that awhile ago. sounds good to me, gt.
girltrouble
names?

period_monster
Where did the travel thread go? I cannot seem to find it.
pollystyrene
Bumped it for you. When a thread disappears, just go to the bottom of the section and in the drop-down menu that says "From: 30 days", select "Show All".
stargazer
Do we have a thread for philosophical stuff? Sometimes, I have these thoughts in my head that I want to share with other people just to feel some reverb, dialogue, and get others insights/point of views. Like those conversations that can go on and on if I was in a bar talking with strangers. I know we have the confessions thread, but, that thread seems more for sharing comments that have a tinge of shame/guilt, things you would never say in public. Am I wrong? Unless, that is my own catholic upbringing that I associate confessions with shame/guilt.
culturehandy
Star, I don't recall ever seeing anything like that, but I was thinking of asking about a spiritual thread, not so much religion, but I've been exploring the idea of Animal totems and such, i wonder if there was a way we could combine the two? As animal totems and spirit guides could be philosophical.
crazyoldcatlady
yes! i agree, star.

i need to have an in depth conversation about my epiphany today: we are all god's robots. it's just that he used plushy stuff instead of metal. blink.gif
stargazer
There is the Religion Too Much to Handle thread for religion/spirituality. I thought there was another thread too dealing with religious/spiritual stuff.

Well, do I need just 2 people for an ok to start a thread? Can't remember. Plus, names for the thread would be good. For some reason, "Deep Thoughts by Jack Hadley" keeps running through my head. blink.gif

*sigh* I'm so glad you guys agree that it is a good discussion. Some of the random thoughts in my head just don't fit in some of the threads. I think alot of Busties are going through some existential shit right now, you know. Although, I've always been considered with the meaning/intent of behavior since I was a kid. Nerd I know.
crazyoldcatlady
For some reason, "Deep Thoughts by Jack Hadley" keeps running through my head.

LOL I love it! (but it's "Handey")

think alot of Busties are going through some existential shit right now, you know.

yeah, what is it with that? are we all on the same dimensional plane? or maybe, it's like when women hang out together, their periods sync smile.gif

i say three "yays" is a quorum.
stargazer
Cool.

Or, how 'bout we use the Ghetto Boyz "My Mind's Playin' Tricks On Me?" wink.gif

cocl, oh you slay me. smile.gif
treehugger
Wondering where I should go to post a question regarding selling my condo and how to maximize its resale? House of the Gods, General Knowledge, or Money? Or something I'm missing? Or all of the above?

And with regards to the deep thoughts thread, what about Are you There, God?
doodlebug
I think I've asked this before, but....

Is there a thread for musicians?

And, part 2, which I've NOT asked before....

If not, can I start one? Is there enough interest?
stargazer
Doodle, I swear there used to be a musician thread, but, I can't find it. I've searched through all the archives. sad.gif I don't know if there is enough musicians on this board to keep one going. At least, that's what I remember from our previous discussion about this topic.

auralpoison
Mermeg asked about a musician thread a few months ago because she'd just picked her bass back up again. I looked for it for her & it had dropped of the face of the earth, it was in Media Whores. I'd say go for it, but I don't think there are enough of us that make music to actually keep it active. I mostly strum the boom stick to piss off my neighbor's dogs.

"Only a handful of Busties are musicians, I think Doodle is the only regular Bustie that performs frequently. I know somebody around here is a singer, but I cannot think of who; I play bass, but am not much of one for talking about it." - 04/19/09, me
Persiflager
Singer here! Frequent performer but infrequent poster.
doodlebug
Well, that's not gonna be any fun if I'm in there talking to myself. *sulks* wink.gif

Any closet musicians out there? Step forward!
bustygirl
I'm a singer, although I don't know if you were referring to me. I sing in a rock band called Devil Baby Freakshow, and I'm currently branching out into an acoustic version of the band called Blaqheart Soul Revue. I want to do old school country mixed with old school soul, with a little 60's girl groups and piano bar thrown in for good measure.

I've been singing since I was little, and I love it.

It's part of the reason I'm not here very often any more. With the kid, the business, the hubby and the band, I don't have a lot of free time. wink.gif
girl_logic
I play violin and I'm trying to learn acoustic guitar. (though, by 'trying' i mean my guitar is languishing in its case in the corner of my room). I'm up for a thread where people could talk about the techniques involved with their instruments (or voicework) which I'm always curious about, challenges of finding compatible people to play & jam with, local gigs, stage fright, memorization methods, practice schedules or lack of, finding time..the agony the ecstasy etc. I think you should start one doodle.
girl_logic
Oh while I'm here, I'm going to re-pitch an idea: since we have two 80's nostalgia threads in media whores, what do people think of re-purposing one of them into an 80's quiz game? Is anyone into that?

Also I've been researching websites in prep for opening my own online shop - and I've seen many delicious independent stores that I think other people here would think are neat too -where would be a good place to post about them with links? The "Have I Got Deal For You" thread? Even though that's about sales and discounts.. A thread in Ab-Fab? A new thread about very cool online stores?
stargazer
Eh, I think we already have enough threads in the Ab Fab thread. You could always post those links in the appropriate thread such as shoes, clothing, kitchenware. I also think you should just use the 80s nostalgia thread for the 80s quizzes. There are too many dead threads in the Media Whores section.
girl_logic
QUOTE(stargazer @ Jul 12 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Eh, I think we already have enough threads in the Ab Fab thread. You could always post those links in the appropriate thread such as shoes, clothing, kitchenware.

Hm I don't know if that would work - sometimes it's just the concept that's remarkable, not the product in particular - like this woman and her shop - she takes vintage tins and uses them to package her homemade line of beauty products. It's just such a creative idea and kind of inspiring and totally tempting.

I think I might try the Creatively self employed thread in Working girls. Could be the right place - or maybe the Self-Promo thread in Ab Fab. I dunno.

I also think you should just use the 80s nostalgia thread for the 80s quizzes. There are too many dead threads in the Media Whores section.

Right, that's what I was suggesting, I just don't know if anyone else would be into it or not.
stargazer
QUOTE(girl_logic @ Jul 12 2009, 09:22 AM) *
Hm I don't know if that would work - sometimes it's just the concept that's remarkable, not the product in particular - like this woman and her shop - she takes vintage tins and uses them to package her homemade line of beauty products. It's just such a creative idea and kind of inspiring and totally tempting.

It seems like we blanket all things beauty, whether it be concept, question, comment, or excitement about a link on the Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful thread.

The DIY and self employed threads I usually took for busties wanting to hawk their wares, kinda pre-etsy.

With the 80s quiz thing, just post it in the 80s nostalgia thread and see what happens. Either it flys or it doesn't.
girl_logic
eh I'm not too comfortable barging into threads I don't participate in with one offs, might seem like spam, but duly noted.
girltrouble
it's perfectly acceptable for one offs unless it's a more sensitive thread, logic. just so you know.

has anyone seen the "day in haiku thread?"
girl_logic
But they'll all laugh at me! tongue.gif
The Haiku thread is here girltrouble, bumped and at'cher service.
girltrouble
nah. we won't laugh. unless you know, you make a funny.

thanks gl.
candycane_girl
Hello ladies. I'm having an issue and originally I was going to post about it in the crush thread. But I feel like this situation has gone from crush to "this guy is starting to make me feel uncomfortable". Any suggestions as to where I can discuss it?
stargazer
I bumped the general relationship/dating advice thread for you, cc. The only place I could think of.
girltrouble
did we ever have a "words i hate/words i love" thread?

i'm hating fanny, and loving taciturn right now.
stargazer
you would know better than any of us. would the pet peeves thread work for the use of fanny? btw, who do you know IRL who uses that word?? blink.gif
culturehandy
I do recall that the confessions thread had a long discussion about words we hated. or was it the peeves thread. It was one of them.
auralpoison
Corn Cob. Totes Corn Cob. wink.gif
doodlebug
Ok, seeing how there is a little positive interest, I will start a musicians thread by the weekend.

Any title suggestions?

I love that Mary Chapin Carpenter/Wynonna song...."Girls with Guitars"......
girltrouble
grrrr. aural, you are so f'ing evil.
candycane_girl
I'm just wondering, in regards to my recent posts in the dating advice thread, should we start a harassment thread? Like maybe a support thread with advice and info about what to do, a place for busties to talk about their own experiences in the past and people like me who are going through it for the first time. I just felt kind of weird posting about a shitty situation in a thread that's supposed to about dating.
auralpoison
What about using the pre-existing bullying thread? It was initially started about schoolyard bullies, but I do know it branched out into being harassed by a neighbor.

ETA: We also had a lengthy conversation about it in the Mating Game thread about guys saying dumb things, I think.
kittenb
That can also fit into "Survivor's Space."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.