Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
culturehandy
Okay, so we've got one vote yes. Anyone else care to weigh in on the gender thread? I'd like more consensus.
koffeewitch
Yes, yes on the gender thread....for one thing there's still so much room for debate on gender politics within the feminist community. How many years has there been a battle raging in the community over the Michigan Womyn's music Festival over including transgendered women, for example...
deschatsrouge
I would like to see a gender thread. I have opinions about culture and gender, and politics and gender.
culturehandy
Sweet!!! So, now a title for said gender thread.

My Gender is My Splendor, the politics of gender

or The Gender Politic (a take on The body Politic).

Or something Completely different, suggestions!
hcbeck
QUOTE(culturehandy @ Sep 28 2009, 06:47 PM) *

...Or something Completely different, suggestions!

A Gender Agenda

culturehandy
hcbeck, I love it!!! I'm going to start the thread in The F Word!
deschatsrouge
Just out of curiosity how many Belly Dancers are there in the lounge. Raise your hand.
girltrouble
has anybody seen the crush thread?
culturehandy
Here it is GT.
girltrouble
fanks culture. wink.gif
culturehandy
*tips le chapeau*
girltrouble
does anyone know where the to-do list thread is?
auralpoison
AbFad. Bumped it.
girltrouble
thanks aural smile.gif
koffeewitch
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Oct 1 2009, 01:41 PM) *
Just out of curiosity how many Belly Dancers are there in the lounge. Raise your hand.

I know you and I already talked about bellydancing...I also got a PM from a bellydancer named LilacGypsy (I got the impression she lives near you) and I saw atleast one more person(newbie I think) with bellydancing listed as a hobby.
hellotampon
QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Oct 1 2009, 05:41 PM) *

me
deschatsrouge
I selfishly want a Belly Dancing thread and I'm trying to asses if it would die a slow painful death. It prolly would, but I have secretly been yearning for a place to talk about costuming, troupes and their accompanying drama, etiquette, teaching technique, ect.

LilacGypsy1 does live near me, I think we might be meeting at our dancing academie's Halloween party. I thought I was all alone in the void of the sage brush steppes.
treehugger
Deschats, I tried to start a "women who work in male dominated careers" thread, and it died a slow painful death, but the busties still let me try. I say, try it and if it dies, just let it die naturally. Don't flog a dead horse.

Any other thoughts???
hcbeck
An etiquette question, for those passing by who want to weigh in:

If I see a great thought in a post, it's tempting to share it elsewhere (such as Twitter) with people outside the forum. I therefore would like to link to the original post within the topic.

Do you think it's OK for me to bring people to the forum this way.

My example is this. Would you tweet the following?
Minority cultural assimilation: Repellant alien, curiosity, fetish object, villian, trickster, neutral, friend, person http://bit.ly/Lkysa

- that links to a post by girltrouble in the 'A Gender Agenda'
auralpoison
Somehow, I do not think that would go over so well. I know this is different than say, the Frisky linking to the small bust thread in an article without so much as a nod to those concerned, but I think it still might ruffle some feathers.
girltrouble
yeah i'm with aural i'd much rather have someone post, "someone wrote something on a forum i frequent, they said, '...." i don't need the credit at the expense of the friendships and privacy. i think most busties like the lounge being a private vent/discussion/confessional. it's our little baby. i think we like it being our little secret. i think in time you might find you feel the same way. wink.gif
sybarite
I too would be against linking direct to here. To be honest even if I were to cut and paste elsewhere I would check with the comment's author first.

Thanks for checking though!
culturehandy
I agree. I'd also be concerned about what could be an influx of trolls.
pollystyrene
Yep, what happens on Bust, stays on Bust, and the first rule of Bust is....well, you know how that ends.

Since there's no real security features here, anyone could be reading this, but I don't want our existence advertised.
auralpoison
Word, I keep Bust like a fuckin' secret, this shit is in the VAULT. And to echo Syb, it's supercool that you took the time to ask!
culturehandy
hey all, I'm not one to pimp my posts, but I'm having an issue and would appreciate some feedback. The post is in the dog thread, so any input would be appreciated it. I'm highly highly bothered by the situation.

oh, and beck, thanks for pitching the idea, that is really great!!!
girltrouble
agreed. you get mass props, beck for asking first, mia boca. wub.gif
treehugger
I know I've tried starting this thread before and it died a slow death..but I'm pitching the idea again in case there are new Busties here who are interested....

anybody up for a nontraditional careers thread (working as a woman in a male dominated field)?

I've got a bunch of issues lately and I'd really like a place to bounce them around.

ETA: I put it in the work sucks thread.
zoya
tree - I remember that thread and I think that I may have actually been one of the only people to post in it (I think??) I work in a male dominated field, also, and there are definitely things that would be great to vent about with other gals who do the same. BUT... I don't know if there are enough of us here to make that work..?? (which is a bummer!)
rogue
I just have a general question, I guess....is there any difference between the "Starfucker" thread and the "Celebrities who should let me screw them" thread in the Media Whores forum? I've looked through both and not that I can tell but...I can't tell! laugh.gif

When I was posted here under a different moniker a few years back we used the Starfucker thread (which I love the name of!) so now I'm all confuzzled about everything. I was just thinking about two very hot celebs I would like to mention and don't want to bring up dead threads, although both were used this year.
culturehandy
Rogue, they're both the same. take your pick.
rogue
Oh, CH. You're always so informative and reliable. I love it.

Thanks! =)
crazyoldcatlady
I just have a general question, I guess....is there any difference between the "Starfucker" thread and the "Celebrities who should let me screw them" thread in the Media Whores forum? I've looked through both and not that I can tell but...I can't tell!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, that's a mybad. i saw the celeb thread, and the last post was 2006, and then i thought, "that can't be right", and proceeded to my express my need to teabag kevin smith.
culturehandy
*tips hat*

Ahh COCL, no worries, I still heart you.
deschatsrouge
I'd like to proudly announce that the Busties of the Sage Brush Steppes had their first IRL meet up. It was myself, Lilacgypsy, and Mrs. Rouge. We all converged at an Idaho Falls Halloween party and tore it up!
humanist77
clean up in aisle 5.
kittenb
I feel like it has been awhile since we have had a troll fight. rolleyes.gif
girltrouble
humanist, cat lady. you crack me up! wub.gif
girltrouble
girltrouble
anyone who wants the code for my signature, pm me and i will send it to you.
girltrouble
girltrouble
koffeewitch
This is a big step for me but I think I may need a place to vent my daily growing frustration *rage* with the Obama administration. I don't want to co-opt the Corn Cob thread with all my hissy fits. Can anyone suggest a good outlet for this sort of thing? It goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond just women's issues; I feel like he just went on ahead and bent on over for Big Business to give us a group fuck in the ass. Good looking out, Barak. Suggestions for spewing my nastiness?
culturehandy
There is a politics thread i can bump for you.
candycane_girl
Is anyone interested in an express yourself with song lyrics thread? Do we already have one? I thought it would be a fun and interesting way to let people open up about how they are feeling. They don't have to post the full lyrics of the song, even just a line is fine. Let me know what y'all think!
crazyoldcatlady
cc_g, i don't know how much play it would get, but half the time i'm thinking of lyrics in my head the fit the scene wink.gif)
koffeewitch
What does everyone think of a breastfeeding thread? Reasons I want to start one: I've noticed many other Busties do/have breastfed AND have continued BFing into the toddler years. There is still a huge cultural stigma against BFing past 6 months even though both the American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Org. recommend a MINIMUM of 1year and 2years, respectively. Also, I don't want to terrify the pregnant women (in the Pregnancy thread) with posts about babies clamping down on your nipple while they turn their heads around to see behind them and sssstttrrreettttcchhing your nipple way way out and then letting loose so it "snaps" back into place. Prob. the most important reason is that BFing is very challenging the first 2 weeks and most new Mommies give up because they have no one to support them or answer questions.
Thoughts and suggestions??
kittenb
While I ambivilant on starting a thread just for breast-feeding, if one of your goals is to change cultural stigmas about it it seems that the pregnancy thread would be the perfect place for it. I'd be suprised if it has never been discussed before.
koffeewitch
I guess (re: the Pregnancy thread) I don't want to feel like I am shoving my preference for breastfeeding down anybody's throat. The other problem is I don't think a lot of non-preg/trying to get preg women read the Pregnancy thread so if someone posted a question about breastfeeding those of us who do breastfeed would be unlikely to see it or respond. Of course, there IS the Hip MAma thread...I posted the question in there to see if the regular readers would be into a BF thread or prefer to post in Hip Mama.
ketto
I'm interested in the topic, but I don't know if a whole thread devoted just to breastfeeding would last. Could you post it in the pregnancy thread as well and see what kind of traffic develops? I don't think you'll scare any pregnant women with posting about the realities of how hard it can be, in fact I think it would be better to have an open conversation about it in that thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.