Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
pepper
Thanks for the bump girls! I posted it over there even though it's a bit messy in that thread. What can I say though, I love that ignore function so it don't bother me none if it don't bother you! wink.gif
damona
hey, what happened to all the threads in LTAS? there are only 3 in there right now! i'm having a slight issue and was hoping to chat about it with some of you smart and wonderful ladies. anybody?
auralpoison
I went ahead & bumped the gen sex thread & the anal thread just for kicks.

When threads have been inactive for more than thirty days, they drop off the main page of a forum. To find them, go into the forum & scroll to the box on the bottom of the page. There will be four individual boxes, Order: Last Post, Z-A, From 30 Days, etc. Select From 30 Days & a drop down window will open giving you the option of how far you'd like to go back in the display. Select Show All, hit go & you'll see all of the threads in a given forum.
damona
thanks, ap smile.gif i was actually just coming back here to say that never mind, i'd figured out how to find what i was looking for. i fear that i just wrote a novella, however... oh well.
pepper
Does anyone happen to have a link to a study showing the percentage of women vs men who are sexually abused? I'm having a frustrating discussion with a know-it-all young man.

I'm not too lazy to look myself, I just have dial up and am sad at finding things on the internets. Thanks!
auralpoison
Dunno if this helps, from wiki: In North America, for example, approximately 15% to 25% of women and 5% to 15% of men were sexually abused when they were children.

Where the ever-living backwater boonie hell do you live that you're still on dial-up, Pepper?
pepper
It's so sad, I could just freaking CRY! I live in one of the only hold-outs to DS, no freaking kidding! And get this, I can't even get that wireless cellphone related stick because my house is Too Close to the tower! We miss the signal due to some sort of umbrella effect, AARRGGG!!! and a satalite is $400 bucks to install. And no cable internet out here at all. WAH!
It's a major factor in wanting to move, let me tell you. Can I really give up teh fenced in backyard and being 4 blocks from the beach because I want a faster internet connection though? I'm more than a little tempted...
auralpoison
I CRY FOR YOU! ((((((Pepper & no cable internet)))))

I would lose my shit. Seriously. LOSE. MY. SHIT. Between work & my day to day, I'd be fubar without the speed of cable.
pepper
It's fucking up my attempts to have a website and maybe get my crafty shit online too, every little thing takes an hour. Never mind the mental malady of being stuck in the boons with barely any outside adult contact beyond my lame dead slow internet connection. I don't know how I'm not losing my shit, honestly. Thanks for the sympathy, it really is crap.
pepper
Oh, and all of little man's webkinz have died too. He blames me. sad.gif
auralpoison
Oh, trust me, I can empathize completely with the intarwebs being a connection to the outside world. I have almost nothing in common with the people here in my little corner of the sticks & don't do much socializing, which is really hard for me. Honestly, I don't even really much like the few people here that I consider myself friendly with. It's depressing. Seriously, if I couldn't reach out & poke my friends back home & the Bgirls online? Shit would have gotten drastic by now.
pepper
It's amazing who you'll make friends with when no one else is around to choose from. Not that they aren't lovely people in their own right but I've got a group of friends with whom I share next to nothing aside from same aged children. In "real life" we wouldn't even be acquaintances, these women and I. But I guess this is my new real life. Until I move back to civilization anyhow.
pepper
I don't know where to put this, I only know that it;s effing fabulous and must be shared with you.

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/09/03/clowns-kicked-kkk-asses/
missladyj
thanks for the link pepper that was hilarious. You could always repost it in the white privledge thread if it is still around these parts. If I had my shit together I would post a link, but alas. my shit is not together. Need more coffee.
auralpoison
I bumped the white privilege thread just in case.
pepper
Oops, I just stuck it in the news thread. I don't know where anything is anymore. Kind of like being at home actually, can't find a thing in here either tongue.gif laugh.gif
sukouyant
Would anyone be interested in a thread about aging? Both personal observations about our changing bodies and minds, and societal views of it?

Choosing to use products vs not using them - or not being able to afford them and using homemade stuff. Teenagehood versus Adulthood and Senior years, different types of ageism, sagging, looking at our grandparents, or our kids.

Just a clearing house for different thoughts and feelings and practical body/mind tips about it.
stargazer
Hi suko! I think we've used the Vintage Bustie thread to talk about aging issues. I bumped up the thread for you.

Hope this helps!
sukouyant
Thanks for bumping that one!
pepper
Where is the option to delete an account? I've looked and looked but no luck. It's got to be here somewhere though, doesn't it?
auralpoison
Nope. The only people that can delete an acct are TPTB. They deactivate the account, but any posts you've made will remain.
sukouyant
I think you would have to contact admin/mod. Keep in mind you would lose all control of your old posts, you won't be able to delete any of them in the future if privacy is an issue.

You're not going anywhere are you Pepper?
pepper
But, you can't edit or delete old posts NOW.
I'm noticing this with a few online forums, there isn't a way to delete your own account at ALL. Seems very odd to me that.

And yes, I am doing a bit of cyberspace clean up right now. I spend too much time online so along with cancelling my internet connection at home I'm thinking about deleting a few accounts. I'd at least like the option to do so myself which seems reasonable to me but apparently I'm wrong about that huh.gif .

Oh, and I did send a message to the modsquad but I'm under the impression that we don't actually have an active admin here to do such a thing.
sukouyant
I'm surprised to learn that about old posts, I didn't realize there was a time window.
auralpoison
Pre-Great Bustie Exodus (We are coming up on a year soon!), you could edit as far back as you liked. Post-GBE, first it recorded when you edited, then you couldn't edit at all, then you had ten minutes to edit, now you have a forty-eight hour window. They giveth, they taketh away.

And somebody will eventually get back to you, Pepper. It took some time, but Zora, Lovemypugs, & Musicfit all managed to get their memberships deactivated by TPTB. But your Bustie carbon footprint shall remain evermore. Mwahahahahaha!
sukouyant
laugh.gif Aural, your way of putting things always makes me laugh out loud
stargazer
It will be sad to see you leave, Pepper. sad.gif
koffeewitch
Agreed. It WILL be sad to see pepper leave.

Hey guys, just curious. What's up with the "ducks, taliban, everything" thread? I guess I don't get it.
auralpoison
Toto is an old, old Bustie. Basically, he's the only Bustie that has his own thread where he posts a lot of old jokes/hoary anecdotes & such; back in the day it was basically him & Venetia playing around. He left the Lounge for a long time, but has since returned. We had a bit of drama, but whatevs. He keeps to himself for the most part.
koffeewitch
M'kay. Thanks for clearing it up..it was the keeping to himself/ non-community oriented thing I mostly didn't get.
auralpoison
Yeah, that non-community oriented thing was kinda part of the dust up & shit got kinda hectic for a minute there. He views his thread as an 'anything goes, dowhatchalike' Lounge escape hatch of sorts. Whatever. Long as he keeps his dick out my Post Toasties, we cool.
auralpoison
Pepper, she is no more.

ETA: Perhaps I spoke to soon, it appears she rejoined Saturday evening.
auralpoison
Ugh. "New" Pepper sucks.

So, it's been a year since the GBE? How's everybody doin'?
Persiflager
Well! But missing the chatter sad.gif .
kittenb
I miss Kvetch Up but I've never been as active in the cyber-bunker community. But I am always happy to see Busties on FB and to dash in here.
ketto
I miss the okayer's thread. sad.gif
auralpoison
I wasn't ever much of a Kvetchie or an Okayer, there was just too much stuff for me to remember! But I do miss everything else. Back in the day it used to take a couple of hours sometimes to keep up with all of the action.

There was a little old troll talk today on FB. It put me in mind of some trolls of yore. Psychicfemme. Lunatic, RaHoWa mongering, white-buddy-throat-slitting Hummingbird. Numbnuts & his love of CBT. Funk. Ah, the trolls we have known.
missladyj
am I wrong or was there at one point a resolutions thread? I am starting to think about the goals I want to accomplish this year. at the top of my list is not punching people I work with in the neck even thought they often deserve it.
missladyj
found it!!
enfermera
oh, good, someone new to block rolleyes.gif
Redlotuspetal68
Introducing:

www.sexsceneserotica.blogspot.com

I am redlotuspetal68. I love BUST mag, and I buy it as often as I can. I love the girl community, that you don't censor women by allowing every perspective, and I am thrilled to post here.

Anyone ever done a Spicy Party? I haven't, so I would be interested in learning more about it.

Thanks,

xxxooo
puppykitty
Hihi!

I used to be a regular around here (I was an avid Okayer), but I haven't been around in quite some time.

The Lounge system seems different. I can't figure out how to see all the threads. When I click on, say, Media Whores, it only shows a few of them. I have to assume that there are many more threads than what is shown.

Also, would there happen to be a thread about substance abuse issues? I know there used to be one about how great drinking and drugs were (heh. I used to dig that one), but is there one for those of us who had to give it up?

Thanks guys! I look forward to reconnecting with my old Bustie pals, and getting to know some new ones!
pollystyrene
Hey PK! I replied to you in Okay, but about the threads you see- when you're in a board (Media Whores, Friends & Family, etc.) if you go down to the bottom, there's a drop-down menu that says "From: 30 Days"- click that and hit "Show All". Then you can see everything.
megh
I need some karmaloop code for my new game it is very important to us. karmaloop code . I hope all the game code are available here and it is the best coding system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.