Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
LoungeLady
Hey ladies: I've just put up a poll to determine whether we should maintain the status quo here and keep all new posts at the top of the threads, or change things so that we show new posts at the end of threads. There are some benefits to changing things, but I know change can be hard to take. So please vote here:
VOTE!. The Poll will be open for a week. Thanks!

Hey ladies: I've just put up a poll to determine whether we should maintain the status quo here and keep all new posts at the top of the threads, or change things so that we show new posts at the end of threads. There are some benefits to changing things, but I know change can be hard to take. So please vote here:
VOTE!. The Poll will be open for a week. Thanks!
erinjane
Okay, I'm gonna start the thread, and I'm using Zahia's name because it made me laugh. smile.gif
psychicfemme
Based on the PM's I'm getting, I think there may be some interest in a Psychic Consultation thread. This might be the kind of thing that people only want to do in private, and I'm ok with that. If there's interest, though, it could be a nice way to demonstrate the validity of this art (i.e., you could keep track of my hit rate).

So how do we measure interest? A poll of some kind?

Responsible, respectful replies only, please.
bunnyb
There already is a Psychic Consultation thread http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?showtopic=49748
doodlebug
Hey all...I shouldn't be up this late, but I am....curses...anyway, I just discovered you CAN change that "advanced member" (or whatever) stuff that goes under your user name when you post!

Go into your "My Controls," then "Edit Profile Information" and then just type in something where it says "Custom Member Title."

Thus I have regained my crown as "Queen of Everything."

(Apologies for cross-posting.)
psychicfemme
Thanks bunny. I'm not offering tarot readings though. Also, it looks like she hasn't posted a reading since mid june.
punkerplus
But I think that what you are doing would fit in there fine.
indiechick
@doodlebug: i think you can only change to a "custom member title" if you have a certain number of posts. i can't change mine and i know from another board that i had to have (i think) 300 posts.
psychicfemme
Thanks punker, but it wd be false advertising. I don't do tarot. But I would need my own virtual space for this to work I think.
bunnyb
I don't have the option either so obviously only the really "advanced" busties -those that have not been impeded in their feminist strides by dingoes- can edit their member status. Pity, I wanted to change mine to 'moving forward at a turtle's pace' rolleyes.gif .

psychicfemme, I think the threads were deleted because they were duplications of something we already had along the same lines. I don't know, I didn't see the content. We have only found out that moderators can now do this (in certain cases, I think) so that is why we are disinclined to duplicate threads and clutter the board.
msp
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Jul 26 2006, 08:27 AM) *

I don't know, I didn't see the content. We have only found out that moderators can now do this (in certain cases, I think) so that is why we are disinclined to duplicate threads and clutter the board.

There wasn't much in the way of content. I wondered if they'd be deleted... and was pleasantly surprised to see they were. Could this really be a new day in terms of board maintenance? I'm optimistic for the first time in a long while.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(psychicfemme @ Jul 26 2006, 12:25 PM) *

Thanks punker, but it wd be false advertising. I don't do tarot. But I would need my own virtual space for this to work I think.

Why don't you start your own website? Then you would have the freedom to be as condescending and rude as possible, without the moderator deleting your threads.
psychicfemme
Yes, girly, I'm in support of your "petulant whiners" thread. You go girl!
pepper
why do you stay? i can think of only one reason.
funny, didn't i ask this very question of someone else who was clearly not welcome here and just would not go away?
yes, yes indeed, i think i did.
hmm.

might i suggest that we start this tr*ll on a starvation diet as well? seems like a good idea to me. no views for threads that tr*lls start and no verbal fuel for them either. *poof*, they gone.
psychicfemme
Well, I'm certainly not staying to listen to third grader rantings from you. But I have to believe you are not representative of this board, if there truly is any substance here. Again, I'll welcome your silence if you have the self control to stick by it. A starvation diet of you will be like a thanksgiving feast. smile.gif

ps...what is with all the paranoia here anyway?

girlygirlgag
I love ignore.

blink.gif
psychicfemme
QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Jul 27 2006, 02:01 AM) *

I love ignore.

blink.gif

Heh...if only you'd actually use it...lol
pixiedust
GGG's and pepper, has it ever worked to appeal to trolls to just go away...I mean really? Yes, I know that most people who have social skills understand that you don't just Bust(pun intented) into a community and start off with rude or snarkey comments if you want to be accepted. But really their continued presence here after they have been asked to tone it down or leave that is their constitutional right and not them deliberatly trying to distrupt the community rolleyes.gif Afterall, we are unempowered and uninformed if we think feminism means we have to conform to any kind of code of conduct! Where are the militant feminists!

**ducking out as rotting food comes flying at me****
psychicfemme
Actually, it seems like gg, pepper, and pixie are the problem children of this board. Any newbie should watch out lest they step afoul of these highly sensitive and particular young ladies. They don't seem to mind listening in and then stepping in on other people's conversations and giving us all an ample helping of their vicarious outrage. And they don't seem to "get" the fact that the person who they think should have been outraged actually was fine with it. I guess it must take their mind off their own issues to run around overreacting to the conversations of others. It seems like they're not sure where they stop and another person begins.

You know, you ladies are the best argument for the glass ceiling that I've ever seen. How could personalities and exquisite sensitivities such as yours ever survive in anything other than a "special" environment. And why should you ever be welcomed into a position of power? Just wondering.
girlygirlgag
It is funny, if this woman was psychic, you think she would know to buzz off already.
doodlebug
Please just stop, everyone. Just use the "ignore" function and move on, I beg of you. I have. But this nastiness is as bad as the trolls, because I can't just put my busties on "ignore"...or rather, I don't want to have to go there...

Thanks everyone.
opheliathemuse
Very happy to see you too, Tesao!!!

Doodle, I love your Queen of Everything ;)
auralpoison
I wonder how many posts I need to change that darned advanced thingy? I'm coming up on five hundred since the last dingo...
pixiedust
AP...I was able to change mine at just over 900...500 sounds like a likely number. I expected it to be 1000.
maryjo
Darn, I may not be on bust so much as I used to be, but I wish I knew how many posts I *really* had... darn dingoes cut three years off me! smile.gif
ginger_kitty
Excellent point Doodlebug. Ignore really is the stress free way to enjoy the Lounge.
roseviolet
I feel your pain, MaryJo. I've been here for more than 5 years & I think you've been here even longer than that, right? Seems unfair that some hungry dingos have kept us from enjoying a little customizing tool. Wonder if that can be fixed by the moderators.
pepper
oh girls, i implemented the ignore function this am before i left for work and come back to find that i don't have to read any obnoxiousness at all. how lovely is that eh? all the things that i don't like about this new format are totally obliterated by that one simple thing. i had quite enough with the imposter, i'm so happy to just keep adding peeps to mah no-go list. it's terrif!
goddesses of the new lounge, all hail thee.

so, is it the number of posts that allows that change, anyone figure it out?
too bad you can't get rid of the olives too. that's silly, that is.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(maryjo @ Jul 26 2006, 08:59 PM) *

Darn, I may not be on bust so much as I used to be, but I wish I knew how many posts I *really* had... darn dingoes cut three years off me! smile.gif

I have under 100, I started BUSTING in 2002! mad.gif NOT FAIR! **because I have a really good title, besides "advanced member".....yawnsville**

pixiedust
I didn't really care so much about the advanced member title, but certain people really seemed to be getting thier panties in a twist about it, so I changed mine. It's morphed a few times throughout the day. I think I like the way I have it now...since of course, Doodle claimed "Queen of everything". Considering I have nearly 1000 posts since the end of November, I'd be really curious to see what my real count should be. Especially if you tack on my previous names.
pepper
shoot, i'm up to over 400 since mid-april (last name change). i don't wanna know how many posts i've made over the years. that's like knowing exactly how many bottles of wine i've consumed. uh, please, no one tell me!
maryjo
RV, I think you've been here longer than I have - I'm about four and a half years, I believe.

I don't mind about the customising tool, I just like the idea of having everyone's real bust history visible...
treehugger
Well, I guess I have a ways to go before I can customize mine...and I have a snappy one too!!!

I was eaten by the dingoes in November I guess...I had sort of been on hiatus and so I didn't realize it till March.

I've actually been here since like September or so of last year. But I didn't post a lot before March. I'm glad I did it that way because I understood the board rules.

Takes way too many Atta Girls to erase one Oh Shit. cool.gif
raisingirl
Ahh, I love this customization feature! I'm going to have to restrain myself from constantly changing it from one Tori lyric to the next, ha ha!

Honestly, I'm glad this doesn't tell me how many posts I've made since 1998. I'd be ashamed at all the ridiculous stuff I've posted over the years (or not, as in the case of the years that I wasn't here).

And yeah, ((((Busties)))), please, another reminder to not bait the tr*lls. Put them on ignore and let them die of starvation. It always seems like summer is tr*ll season.
psychicfemme
Hi Everyone!

I'm offering psychic consultation to anyone seriously interested in it. I have found that serious inquiries are usually quite personal, so I think sending me a PM would be the best way to proceed. If you wish to post my reading or comments about it to the larger group later on, that will be your choice, and it's fine with me. I reserve the right not to respond if I sense that your request is not genuine, or in the proper spirit. I'm looking forward to being of service. smile.gif

psychicfemme
girlygirlgag
A psychis consult from one of the nastiest, wretched trolls on the internet! WHERE DO WE SIGN UP!! rolleyes.gif
psychicfemme
Girly, in your case I'd recommend a psychiatric consult smile.gif
doodlebug
Oh for fuck's sake.

Please. Everyone involved. Take it to the Troll thread or the Flamewar thread, and OUT of the regular threads.

What was the point of asking for an "ignore" feature if this shit is still going to go on?
voodoo_princess
QUOTE(doodlebug @ Jul 28 2006, 01:33 AM) *

Oh for fuck's sake.

Please. Everyone involved. Take it to the Troll thread or the Flamewar thread, and OUT of the regular threads.

What was the point of asking for an "ignore" feature if this shit is still going to go on?

Amen and Amen!
I've actually started "ignoring" BUSTIES who are becoming far more trite and snitty than the accused "trolls" and I've noticed that my reading experiences are becoming so much more pleasant for it........
As for those BUSTIES who are doing an awsome job of being interesting, intelligent, amazing women....... thank you thank you! I get so much awsome information here from all of you!
zora
what about a drunk post thread? You knwpo how you get drunk somethims and have a lot on your mind and you want to talk avbout it? Mayve a thread here for it?

i'm drunk now by the way, and I have severe thoughts on shortening speech on the internet like lol and btw and brb. fuck.
pepper
really? you're a little drunk zora? hmm, i hadn't noticed At All *snicker*.

drunk thread, best idea i've heard in days. perhaps it will stop me from emailing my x's with naughty propositions in the sodden wee hours. it has to have the BEST name though. let's see what we can come up with...
girlygirlgag
Is anybody discussing Andrea Yates anywhere on this forum?
roseviolet
Doodle, I cannot voice how very strongly I agree with you. Personally, I'd rather the bitchiness not even move to another thread. I say to just take it to PM or stop it. Stop it completely. Don't allow such negativity to poision the Lounge.

And remember ... the FlameWar Thread is really for fake arguments ... not real ones. wink.gif

The idea of a drunk thread sounds hilarious! Usually I make my drunk posts in Kvetch, but a whole thread devoted to it would be fab!
zora
What happend with Andrea Yates? Something new?
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(zora @ Jul 28 2006, 06:43 PM) *

What happend with Andrea Yates? Something new?

Her life in prison sentence was overturned the other day. I have a lot of people around me screaming, "KILL THE BITCH!" which bums me out.
erinjane
She was actually found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Yates, 42, will now be committed to a state mental hospital, with periodic hearings before a judge to determine whether she should be released. An earlier jury had found her guilty of murder, but the verdict was overturned on appeal.

I was happy. I always thought that's what should have happened to her.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...&id=4401721
pixiedust
I personally don't think she should ever get out of the mental hospital. The kind of insanity that would allow you to do that...it just doesn't seem the type that goes away. If I were someone close to her, I would always worry that she would snap again and hurt someone else. Sure, let her go to a hospital rather than prison so she can get the help she needs, but I still think she should be accountable in some way. I've worked with people with mental health problems before, once you have a pychotic break like that, you are twice as likely to have one again, even with medication.
bunnyb
I read the article as I didn't know who you were talking about although recognised the details. That is so sad; how that poor woman must be feeling - to lose your children is hard enough but to have it on your own hands...

pixie, it was supposedly postpartum psychosis so maybe she won't have another pshychotic break. She seems to have been exaggerated into a Medea-like figure but she was ill and IMO not responsible for her actions.
pollystyrene
If I had 5 kids and my husband never changed a diaper, I'd be ready to kill, kill, kill too. Too bad she went after the kids.
girlygirlgag
She and her husband were advised not to have anymore children, because after the birth of her last son, she suffered post partum psychosis, but her husband insisted on having one more. The baby was about 5 or 6 months old when she snapped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.