Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
mornington
"bloody girls" is still about... I discovered the health bit runs to two pages, which confuses me. I saw it the other day, though.
pollystyrene
Did the death thread (not the "death of a loved one" thread, the one about death in general) get eaten in the last thread clean-up? I wanted to talk about something, but I can't remember if it was already discussed while the thread was around, or if there'd be enough interest to start it again?
tyger
the final stage of growth? if it's gone, i say re-start away. i seem to recall it being pretty active
pollystyrene
Yeah, that's the one....it kind of died off(ha ha, didn't intend that pun!) but I thought it would be interested to talk about the company that makes gems out of your loved ones bones...was that ever talked about? I can't remember!
sixelacat
Oh, I remember that thread! Didn't auralpoison start that one? By all means, restart that puppy! I could talk about death almost as much as I can talk about food and sex! (and really, aren't they all ultimately related?)
bunnyb
yeah AP started it (sick fuck) and I don't recall gems being discussed so I'm up for it being restarted too, I was sad to see it had died but it was all to do with the growth of the lounge wink.gif .
sybarite
I'd be into an 'altered reality' thread, although I agree with all who recommend treating whatever is said in there with discretion.

We could call it 'Inebriation Schmebriation'.

I'm sober and still don't know if I spelled that right...
bunnyb
Do we have a thread where food allergies can be discussed?

eta: oh, and the tea thread went the way of the dodo. Although it didn't get much action. I'll take it to the new foody/assorted chit-chat thread in ATWT!
yuefie
You know, a food allergy thread could be a very helpful thing for those of who suffer. I think it would best in OBOH, we could share recipes, resources, vent our frustrations. I know turbojenn is quite knowledgeable on the subject, what do you think jenn?

Did the roommate thread disappear in the switch also?

bunnyb
Yuefie, I checked and the roommates thread is gone.

I wasn't sure if we had one or not, as I don't post or lurk a lot in OBOH, but an allergy thread would be quite beneficial. I've thought for a sometime that I have an intolerance to MSG and wondered if anyone had any info.
yuefie
I really do think an allergy thread would be a good addition too. In fact it has been mentioned in other threads as well. I know that damona and her little d suffer with the issue quite a bit, and she has asked for people to share recipes and ideas. And like I said before, turbojenn seems to have a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Any ideas on names? Any objections to such a thread being started?

turbojenn
I am totally in, yuefie and bunny...and I'm with you on the MSG thang, but then, many preservatalicious items give me trouble! I'm at a loss for thread titles...lemme think on that a spell....
yuefie
I am a loss for clever titles for the thread, I too will need to give it some thought. I guess whoever comes up with it gets to create it, heh.
falljackets
somebody needs to start that *altered states* thread soon... i have a feeling i might need it tomorrow night. rolleyes.gif

yuefie
I like the name sybarite suggested for it biggrin.gif

doodlebug
Looks like the gardening thread is gone...anyone interested in resurrecting it?
pollystyrene
It's gone? I was just going to post pictures if what I've grown in the past 2 months. I'd be interested! (But I don't want to be the starter!)
doodlebug
I'll start it, but I'm not taking responsibility for keeping it going!! All you green thumbs are thusly warned.

Does anyone remember what it was called?

Oh wtf, I'll just make something up....

ETA:

Okay, I've done it! Because I'm lame, I've named it Way to Grow, Girl (and Guy)!, the gardening and houseplant thread.
battygurl
I really liked lurking in the final stages of growth thread. I hope it gets restarted.

OT: Yuefie, the quote in your signature is from one of my favorite songs.
sybarite
Should the tipsy thread go in F & F?

(Although today I'm thinking wine is the urine of satan...)
yuefie
QUOTE(battygurl @ Aug 2 2006, 11:29 PM) *
OT: Yuefie, the quote in your signature is from one of my favorite songs.

OT: Me too battygurl, and it's from one of my favorite albums of all time.

I dunno where the tipsy thread should go, but I could use it right about now. I'm not drunk at this ungodly hour, but I am innebriated due to pain medication. Feeling kinda fuzzy headed too blink.gif

punkerplus
(Although today I'm thinking wine is the urine of satan...)

That made me snort a little. Mainly because I share the sentiment.
doodlebug
So...now that I've re-started the gardening thread and I know how to start threads in the new format....

Is anyone up for a resurrection (pardon the pun) of the "Are you there god? It's me, bustie" thread?

I'm thinking now that we've got the troll situation more under control, it might be safe to actually have conversations about beliefs and spirituality again.

Please let me know and I'll be happy to start it up again...
pollystyrene
I'd be up for that doodle- i never really got into the first one, but sans trolls, it could be a very interesting thread.
doodlebug
Hah! Said the only woman who supported the idea of the gardening thread, but hasn't even posted there yet!

ETA: oh nevermind....I see you just posted there!

blink.gif
pollystyrene
I know, doodle- I followed you all over the board last night!
tesao
unfortunately, i won't be able to post in You Grow, Girl (doodle, darrrrrrrrrrrrlink, you KNOW i love puns!) because i no longer have a garden sad.gif (and i am quite worried about what is happening to the one in the states because of the horrid heat). i would, however, love to try the It's Me God spirituality thread again, now that trolls are nasties from the past.....

although i like inebriation schembriation (seems to me you spelled it right, syb!!), i automatically relate inebriate to drink, and not to other substances. we don't want to rule them out, do we???
pepper
that's the purpose of the inebriated thread though, right? alcohol induced regretable behavior. since there's already a drug thread i mean.
punkerplus
I thought the "Intoxicated" thread was more about ramblings while under the influence and I'm not sure they fit into the existing drug thread.
yuefie
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Isn't it supposed to be about either posting while intoxicated or things you did while under the influenece? inebriated - stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol). So while inebriated commonly refers to being drunk, as does intoxicated, they an both mean being under the influence of some sort of chemical.

sixelacat
A "posting while intoxicated" thread was the original suggestion, and I still think it's a good one. The DUDE thread is tips, advice, experiences w/certain substances, etc. Definitely not the same thing!
pepper
ok, notice the 500 posts? now How exactly do i change that Advanced User thing again?

inebriated thread? have we reached a consensus then? it would be for posting things done while under the influence and for posting in while same (instead of drunk dialing the ex's mother, etc). what does everyone think about that?
bunnyb
My controls, edit profile then custom title (type in whatever you want).

Can we start the inebriated/intoxicated/under the influence thread already? wink.gif

Also, any ideas yet for the title of the food allergy thread? All I can come up with is "If you can't stand the food, stay out of the kitchen" but that makes it sound as if I hate food which is definitely not the case!
sukouyant
Yay I'm glad there's a gardening thread! I need a cure for suicidal plants.

I would like to start a Sex Worker's thread to talk shop and exchange notes (not for debate) in Working Girls. It would be for anyone in or interested in massaging, dancing, sexing, chatting, modeling, domming or subbing, or what ever have you in the industry. I'd like to start it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, yeah? I just need a title.
pepper
hey, thanks!!!
pepper
Inebriated Ramblings, stupefied and otherwise stupid things you've gone and done.

it's in f and f and i confessed already. oops. what can i say? i'm a total lush.
sixelacat
bunnyb, RE food allergy thread...."When the food you love hates you"? Something Maury Povich-y like that? (I'm picturing carrots dressed like hookers right now coming out on stage to audience boos and yelling "whatevah! I'll do what I want! I'm outa control!". I should probably go to bed.)
girlygirlgag
Is there a thread where I can rant about my broken down car, lack of money, and general disdain for life right now?

I don't think I have been this strapped since college! WHERE IS ED MCMAHON WHEN I NEED HIM AND HIS BLESSIT PRIZE PATROL?
mermaidgirl13
sukou, I like your thread idea.
funnybird
Darn. the 'Birthday Busties' thread has disappeared, and it's my birthday! Boo.
bunnyb
Hope noone minds that I restarted the birthday thread in f&f
sukouyant
mermaidgirl, pepper, I'll start it when I get off work tonight. would you have any name ideas? i was just going to go with "sex workers" or maybe "sex worker's cafe" (corny as hell).
bunnyb
What about "sex is hard work"?
yuefie
QUOTE(sixelacat @ Aug 7 2006, 01:12 AM) *
bunnyb, RE food allergy thread...."When the food you love hates you"? Something Maury Povich-y like that? (I'm picturing carrots dressed like hookers right now coming out on stage to audience boos and yelling "whatevah! I'll do what I want! I'm outa control!". I should probably go to bed.)
I love it! I've been trying to come up with a clever name for days, but couldn't. So ya wanna start it? I'm still a bit creation-aphobic, but I will if need be wink.gif
sixelacat
Okay, done! Food allergy thread is up and running in OBOH....
zora
Not be like, thread police or anything, but what's up with the "what I ate" thread in AbFad? Don't we have a thread for what we ate/cooked? And what's with the Busting Trolls thread talking about food? I'm confused!
yuefie
Well, I think the "What I Ate" thread seems to be specifically for people to post and discuss what they ate, while "Barefoot" seems to still be a place to discuss food preperation and recipes. And "Busting Trolls" turned in to a place to hang out and discuss anything (and food, or chocolate right now, seems to the be the popular topic) since the new lounge format gave us the ignore function and there is not as much of a need for a place to bust the trolls. It has been discussed in that thread in a few times over. And people seem to like the simplicity of the"What I Ate" thread, seeing as it is different than a place where you share recipes.
pollystyrene
I figure the "what I ate" thread is the food-equivalent of "Sartorial Splendor: Whatcha Wearin'?" thread.
bunnyb
We're just all gluttons.
roseviolet
[licks spoonful of Nutella, reads Bunny's post, & hangs head in shame]
It's true. It's all true!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.