Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The BUST Community Forum
The BUST Lounge > From the Top > Ladies Who Lounge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
prophecy_grrl
I think the last person who suggested starting the vmars thread suggested "We Used to be Friends . . . the Veronica Mars thread" or "Mars Investigations…"

Also, FYI the first episode is available online (though it airs Oct 3), so we could potentially get some discussion going right away.
candycane_girl
So it's okay if I start a new sapphic sex thread? Yes, no?
sixelacat
Absolutely, candycane girl. Go for it.
pollystyrene
I like the theme song inspired thread name.

Talk about it now? Oh, I'm waiting until next week (I've been watching all the episodes on DVD so far- I'd like to watch the first ep in real TV!) so I'll resist the urge to look. Unless people who want to talk about it put their comments in white, so you have to highlight it to read it.

If everyone's good with the theme song title, I'll start it, since Prophecy's too new.
pollystyrene
OK, I'm tired of waiting and I'm starting it.
gumby_cc
I think the last artist thread in working girls got eaten...anyone mind if i restart it?
altargrrrl
gumby, i just bumped it for you.

it only seemed like it had disappeared because the software only shows threads that have been active in the last thirty days unless you actively search for them or change the option at the bottom of the page to *show all.*

that didn't make any sense, did it?
pherber
I was waiting for someone to explain that!
I've been wondering about that mysterious vortex, old threads get sucked into. happy.gif

Gumby, mind if I join the art busties?
gumby_cc
thanks, altargrrrl, i'm still getting used to the new lounge!

pherber, join away!
altargrrrl
no problem. it took me a while to figure it out, too.

by the way, has anyone noticed that they've changed the standard tags from member and advanced member to BUSTie and hardcore BUSTie? hee! biggrin.gif
pherber
Yes! biggrin.gif
Hardcore bustie is certainly more gender correct, than "member"

What about that illness/distress thread? Did you start it already KittenB? Maybe I just can't find it. huh.gif
pollystyrene
I think Kitten's having technical difficulties starting threads (see the web site problems thread)...it doesn't really make sense, since she's posted since the new permissions rules went into effect.
bunnyb
well technically hardcore BUSTie isn't gender correct, what about hardcore BUSTer?
pherber
Thanks polly, I already replied there.

Somehow I always confuse the "BUST Line" with the "Ladies Who Lounge" rolleyes.gif

ETA: bunnyb, I was joking of course! Oh well, you were probably joking too. Sorry..
anoushh
Why can't boys be Busties too? I've never liked "buster" myself anyway.
pherber
We could call them "boysties" or "BUSTie Boys" laugh.gif
raisingirl
QUOTE(anoushh @ Sep 28 2006, 04:18 PM) *

Why can't boys be Busties too? I've never liked "buster" myself anyway.

Getting up on my old lady soapbox to say that back in the day when the Lounge was beige, the guys were BUSTies as well. Being a BUSTie is not gender-specific -- at least for me, it never was. (And I know I'm not alone in thinking this.)

I've always loathed the term BUSTer and don't know when it came into the BUSTlexicon. Must have been during one of my sabbaticals. wink.gif
bunnyb
pherber and I were joking!

although a gender specific term is useful for when there is a discussion making a distinction between them (i.e. see the kicking booty thread) although I'm happy with female and male BUSTie when a distinction has to be made.
anoushh
Raisingirl, you know I love you, right?

It's not just the two references here--it's been the last few years it's been that way--people using "BUST-er"--and I'm just saying I really hate it and think Bustie is a fine enough term.

How often do you need to make gender distinctions anyway? Not very often, and if you do, you can specify. Easy.

Otherwise it's like going back to terms like "authoress" or "poetess" or "executrix." At least to me.
raisingirl
wub.gif I love you, too, Anoushig.
bunnyb
I noticed that below raisingirl's post in the kicking bootay post it says in small type that she edited it and gives the time - is this a new feature? I've never seen it before; I edited one of my own posts to see if the message appeared but it didn't.

eta: (that wasn't intentional!) I think the younger BUSTies -in the last couple of years or so- saw "BUSTer" being used and followed suit, thinking that was the consensus, I know that's what happened in my case.
anoushh
The other board I frequent, which also using INvision--always notes if there's been an edit. I've been surprised this one doesn't, and assumed it was an option that can be chosen (or not) by the person setting up the particular board.

Odd that it might show up in some posts and not others though--never seen that before.
raisingirl
Just that one time I checked/ticked the box (I am UK-friendly, heh) that gives you the option of giving the time it was edited just because I kept fiddling with the entry. Nothing gets past you, Bunny!
bunnyb
It's cos I'm a solid poster and reader of posts wink.gif. Hehe, UK friendly indeed! I've never even noticed the box before.
anoushh
Me neither. Again, the other board doesn't give you the option--it just puts it in there. Then again, maybe no one's ever noticed it before. (Unlikely, though.)

I almost always use the quick edit feature though--it's probably not in that one.

pherber
I'm sometimes editing up to five times, especialy in the longer posts, so I'm glad not everyone can read, what an indesicive fiddle freak I am.

wink.gif

this post has been edited by pherber's evil twin 120385643 times.
erinjane
Any objection to re-starting the "taking up the whole damn bed" thread about the good side of single life? I searched for it but it didn't come up.
zora
Because I love Forum Games, I was screwing around on the BPAL Forums reading their games section. They have one called Twist My Wish. You post a wish and the next person grants it, but with a twist. It seems like a lot of fun, can we do that here?
raisingirl
Please re-restart it, Erinjane. I restarted it in the Mating Game and then it fell by the wayside.
maddy29
i just saw that today is national coming out day-anyone talking about this in a thread?
anoushh
QUOTE(maddy29 @ Oct 11 2006, 04:38 PM) *

i just saw that today is national coming out day-anyone talking about this in a thread?

I didn't know that. Sounds like a good thread idea to me--doesn't have to be confined to just one day to discuss it. I havn't seen it discussed elsewhere, but others might know of something I don't.
culturehandy
Hey BUSTies. Since I am a lazy ass, but waz just wondering if there was a halloween thread. Or even a holiday craft thread where, since it is halloween coming up, we could discuss cheap costume ideas, or for christmas cheap gift ideas, etc. Is there one, and if there is not, would y'all be intereseted in one?
falljackets
culture, there is a halloween thread. i'll bump it up for yas... wink.gif

eta: done, it's in ab-fad
culturehandy
Sweet! Thank you kindly! I am going to halloween wedding social and need to make a costume, which is good, creative, yet cheap.
bunnyb
a gift thread would be good.

which thread is it where lush products are discussed?

this thread doesn't seem to see as much action than when it was in ATWT sad.gif.
emtee
Just wondering if I should post my query about lingere in the Empress' New Clothes thread in AbFab, or if there is a more appropriate place?

pherber
QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 13 2006, 01:58 PM) *
which thread is it where lush products are discussed?
I remember, it used to be discussed in the "cuss and discussion of skin care" thread, maybe you don't like it, because it's not very active... which I think is gonna change in NO TIME, if you bring back the fab subject of L U S H !!!IPB Image

...yum.... laugh.gif

QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 13 2006, 01:58 PM) *
this thread doesn't seem to see as much action than when it was in ATWT sad.gif.
I so regret that! dry.gif

I also have the impression, that greeting the newbies is the equivalent of taking the trash out!
"No! No! It's not my turn this week again!"

Or maybe it's just not a cool thing to do?
Why can hardly anyone be arsed with it? huh.gif

I mean we don't wanna leave it to the t**** to do that, do we? mellow.gif
anoushh
I think Lush products are discussed all over the place! But skin care would be as good a place as any. smile.gif

mandolyn
along the same lines as a gift thread, would anyone be interested in a thread for links/sites that feature charity-based products - like the breast cancer site? i want to make my xmas shopping count a little more this year. maybe we can combine the two?
bunnyb
yeah what does the girl who has everything buy? things that can help others. I came across a build a school pack, the proceeds of which go towards building a school in Africa and the receiver can watch the process online, I'm buying that for the boy's sis. I also came across a funky gift site in the UK that will only amuse and tickle rather than build a better world. I may buy tickled pink (breast cancer care) pjs for female friends.
falljackets
bunny, please do share that site! i would love to get something like that for SIL's wifey (the school pack)
bunnyb
Aw sorry fj but the school pack was actually in a gift shop, I haven't come across it online. I'm probably going to buy the gift tomorrow as I'll be in the area so I'll check for a website on the pack for you.
doodlebug
So....this just came to me....how do people feel about a "Make a Wish" thread? Just a thread where we can post a wish, like a wishing well....since bustie vibes are so powerful, why not bustie wishes?
bunnyb
sweet idea, wish upon a BUSTie? wink.gif
doodlebug
Cool name idea!

I wonder how long I should wait before I start the thread? Seems like people don't use this thread like they used to....
pherber
Oh dawwgg, I have such a ridiculous problem:
On the BPAL's homepage, there was always such an excellent collection of links. Well, this page has been under construction for far too long, now. How insane is it, that I can't seem to survive without these links?
They were obviously all related to black arts, subcultures and paganism, and even included pagan search engines...
So, does anyone have any ideas, on how to get around this? Maybe I should X-post this in the pagan thread?
Is there a place, where websites are discussed/recommended... (not the "bizarro" ones of course! tongue.gif )
I think the girlwideweb is a little bit confusing (or overwhelming)
...and I badly need some stuff for my altar! sad.gif
pixiedust
Argh! I just noticed that our profiles are searchable by google again!
doodlebug
Ok, I dunnit!

When You Wish Upon the Lounge...a virtual wishing well for busties!
pepper
someone just sent me this, it looks good.

find an end to internet child abuse
http://www.lightamillioncandles.com
pherber
Doodle, that's really, really nice! smile.gif

Pepper, thanks for sharing that! wink.gif *lights a candle, and spreads the word*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.