Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: let your fingers do the walking...the masturbation thread.
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Let's Talk About Sex
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
misspissed
mando, you'll find that most reputable toy distros ship very discreetly. i usually order from Blowfish.com, and they ship in plain cardboard boxes, and won't send you any mailings unless you specifically request them.

as a starter vibe, i'd suggest a bullet vibe. they are small, quiet, moderately powerful (no, you won't get the "punch" of a hitachi, but it is a good way to get used to vibes) they are also less intimidating than some of the huge, more powerful ones.

like the redhead wrote, i'd recommend getting a smaller, cheaper vibe. my first one was a $15 battery op'd one that lasted forever, and provided much fun!

here's some links:
bullet vibes
Fukuoku 9000 & a bunch of awesome lil vibes!

um, so yeah. can you tell i used to sell sex toys?
pepper
seriously miss p, the fukuoko? i have always been so curious about that little gadget but i haven't ever read anything the least bit good about it in reviews. what's the deal? if it works at all like it's supposed to i'm so buying it. i need a finger sized aid in some (ha! most) positions and nothing is small enough to manipulate down there right when i need it. hmm... *waiting on pins to hear the newz*
battygurl
Mando, Come As You Are (in Toronto) gives a noise rating for each of their vibes on their site. I've ordered from them and they are discreet, plus I like their politics.

www.comeasyouare.com
jasmith
This has nothing to do with what y'all have been talking about, my apologies:
often after I've orgasmed, I get cramps. Can anyone tell me why? They aren't bad or long-lasting, or anything. I just wonder about it.
pepper
oh, that used to happen to me too. not in a long time too, wonder what that was.
cstars124
the happens to me all the time! And not even when I'm just masturbating, like it happens after I have really good sex. what the heck is that all about?
mandolyn
jasmith, i've gotten crampy a few times. it's been a long time, and it was after a marathon lickee-session. ah, memories, like the corners of my mind ...

thank you for the suggestions and support. i knew busties would come thru for me. (no pun intended, hee.) i fee less embarrassed already!

(((red))) i will be taking you up on your kind offer, too, after i take some more time to peruse your site and the others mentioned.
sybarite
Jasmith, that used to happen to me too, and they were often quite painful. Oddly enough, I think in my case it was linked to me having digestion/bowel issues (sorry if TMI). It took me forever to figure that out, but I've been taking a probiotic and haven't had them since *knocks on wood*

Sorry for o/t.
theredhead
jasmith, that always happens to me just before my period. I'm not sure why! It probably just has something to do with uterine and muscle contractions (which both orgasms and cramps are related to). Dunno!
jasmith
Hmmmm....
Luckily, they're not that bad for me. I tend to get them whenever the orgasm is more powerful, so I guess you're right about muscle contractions..
cstars124
I get them even if the orgasm wasn't that powerful and it's not around my period. Weird...

do you guys also get like weird groin pains when you haven't gotten any in awhile? Cause if I go a few months without any sex, even if i masturbate, I get this cramp-like pain.
ashleighlauren
I'm looking to buy a new vibrator, and I think that I've picked one out. However, I was wondering if anyone here had suggestions for something that has worked really well for them. I'm looking at the Red Hots Vibrator (I found it at Babeland). Any advice?
bella_coola
Anyone else discovered the wonderfulness of water??
hummingbird
bella, i tried water, didn't work for me...
hummingbird
bella, i tried water, didn't work for me...
jasmith
Yes bella, water is wonderful :-)
bella_coola
Cheers Jas! Maybe you need to give it a little extra time hummingbird? Sometimes I think 'Hey, it's not working' but then after a few more minutes I find out that it really was working (..really really)
kitty8499
I discovered water quite by accident when I was young.I got soap in my pee hole and it was burning like crazy so I got underneath the water to wash it out and hey!!!! What is this.This feels good LOL.My first ever orgasm came from water
cstars124
ashleigh, I'm not sure if they're around everywhere, but I recently bought a "finger frog" from a sex toy party by Athena Home Novelties. And it's basically a bullet with a little frog cover and once it's turned on, the frog's tounge goes up and down REALLLLLLLLLLLLY fast. And let me tell you, it was hands down, the best $25 I have EVER spent...seriously.

If you can't find an Athena lady in your area, I believe if you google, "athena home novelties" or something along those lines, their website should pull up and I believe you can order online.
neographic_slut
My first orgasm was from water too. I use a vibrator sometimes but water is still my prefered method
candycane_girl
Hey ladies. I tend to lurk around this thread but I've got a question for everyone. I'm thinking of investing in a new vibrator (right now I have a knockoff of the rabbit) and I can't decide what I want. On one hand, I'm thinking about getting one of those egg shaped vibrators, just to have something that I could just put over my clit. On the other hand, I've been thinking of getting one of those G-spot stimulators because I don't think I've ever actually had a G-spot orgasm.

Does anyone have any preferences or suggestions?
pepper
cc-girl, i have the waterdancer and it rocks as a tiny vibe, not too noisy etc.

dang, the older i get the more g-spot i got! seems like i can't even get off anymore without some g stim along with the love-button. i can even do it sans button, and it used to be all about the button! i am more and more thinking about a g-spot vibe, i just can't Can Not decide what is what with that stuff. imagine wasting dough on something that just doesn't do it for ya. but trying it out is the only way to see for sure yo.
sigh, i'll just buy something el-cheapo with the right shape and then upgrade if it does the trick. wish me luck with the online shopping girls.
theredhead
candycane, maybe you could get a longer vibrator (5-6") -- that way you can use it on your clit and on your G-spot. That's the great thing about longer vibrators -- they can be used both internally and externally.

There's a great article here about how to choose a vibrator.
candycane_girl
Thanks ladies! I'm going out tomorrow to buy my new vibe. I've decided on a g-spot one because I really want to experience what that's all about. I went to the store yesterday and I did notice an extra long one. Perhaps I should go with that?
xexyz
Naughty Busties! tongue.gif tongue.gif

IPB Image
candycane_girl
LOL, I've seen that thing everywhere in the past two weeks!
CuriousKat
I need help in finding a good vibrator, I have never owned one before and I have masturbated a couple of times but I want more pleasure than my own 2 hands can give me, any advice as to where I should start? It is easier and better to buy them from an adult superstore right off the shelf or should I buy them online? How do I know what would work for me, should I buy just one or more than one? Any advice at all would be most appreciated!! smile.gif
cstars124
hey kat, personally, i went to an adult store and bought a cheap, multispeed for my first vibe...just to test it out and everything. Maybe you should start with something like that? They're usually only like $10-$15 at the most. Once you get the hang of that and you want to upgrade, you can then start looking at other vibes that come with little attatchments and stuff. It really just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

I suggest playing around with different ones, though. So you know what feels best. I hope this helps somewhat.
CuriousKat
QUOTE(cstars124 @ Aug 2 2006, 07:46 AM) *

hey kat, personally, i went to an adult store and bought a cheap, multispeed for my first vibe...just to test it out and everything. Maybe you should start with something like that? They're usually only like $10-$15 at the most. Once you get the hang of that and you want to upgrade, you can then start looking at other vibes that come with little attatchments and stuff. It really just depends on what you feel comfortable with.

I suggest playing around with different ones, though. So you know what feels best. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for the advice:) I found a couple online that I think I would like and finally broke down last night and bought 2, I just hope they get here soon, as I am home alone this week and the rents are coming on home Saturday, I plan on going to an adult store at some point in the near future, thanks again for your advice:)
CuriousKat
Problem solved, gonna return the faulty vibe and get somethin else!!:)smile.gif
dani837
QUOTE(CuriousKat @ Aug 2 2006, 10:26 AM) *

Thanks for the advice:) I found a couple online that I think I would like and finally broke down last night and bought 2, I just hope they get here soon, as I am home alone this week and the rents are coming on home Saturday, I plan on going to an adult store at some point in the near future, thanks again for your advice:)

Ahh i wanna get one too! I've never had one before!
My friend loves the rabbit, maybe I would get that one?
erinjane
The rabbit actually isn't the best choice in terms of that style of vibe because it's made of jelly and you can never clean it properly, unless you always use a condom when you use it.

I know that smittenkittenonline has at least three alternatives to the rabbit made of safe material so you can at least find out what those ones are called, and there was another website that listed other ones and how to choose a vibe made of safe materials but I can't think of what it's called. If I can find it I'll post it.
humanist77
Yay! I ordered my first toy! I got it from A Woman's Touch, it is the Isadora 3. I searched through a lot of the good women-friendly online sex toy stores, and A Woman's Touch definitely has the biggest selection, descriptions and advice-and though I don't think they don't outwardly say it, they seem to certainly have a feminist perspective. There are lots of great articles as well. I know theredhead works for them, so you can send them my regards!
humanist77
So..I did some research last night (measuring the boy), and then I called A Woman's Touch this morning and changed my order. I'm quite happy with his size and wanted something similar so..I upgraded to..Juanita! I joyfully underestimated him wink.gif
pepper
you Bitch! 7.5X2? joyfully underestimated eh? maude-damn!

*sulking from lack of available-right-this-minute cock*
katiebelle2882
HA HA pepper. funny funny.
auralpoison
QUOTE(erinjane @ Aug 21 2006, 08:43 AM) *

The rabbit actually isn't the best choice in terms of that style of vibe because it's made of jelly and you can never clean it properly, unless you always use a condom when you use it.

I know that smittenkittenonline has at least three alternatives to the rabbit made of safe material so you can at least find out what those ones are called, and there was another website that listed other ones and how to choose a vibe made of safe materials but I can't think of what it's called. If I can find it I'll post it.

The original is made of vinyl & not so great unless you're dedicated to condoms. They've released a newer model made out of elastomer. It's only slightly porous & cannot be disinfected (Which to me isn't really a HUGE issue. I've never felt the need to Lysol HB's dick before I let him stick it in me.), but can be easily cleaned with soap & water. Elastomer is phthalate-free, hypoallergenic, soft, and durable. Babeland.com has a full listing of what's made of what. There are toys made of TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) that are non-porous as well.
mermaidgirl13
ErinJane, what do you mean "safe" material - just easier to clean or also less likely to cause an allergic reaction?

Kat, defintiely buy something cheap just to check it out. I spent $9.99 on my first vibe. I didn't like it much but at least it helped me figure out what styles not to buy in the future. That was a long time ago and I haven't used a vibe in years and years.

I ordered a rabbit vibe recently. It got here on Tuesday and I tried it right away. A few minutes into it, just when I thought, "yeah, okay, I can see how this will work out nicely..." the rabbit head vibrating part stopped working!!! (The other undulating part still worked, but that didn't do much for me so who cares?) So disappointed, but what's weird is that I think I had a reaction to it because I was very yeasty for the next two days (not a full-on infection, or even itchy, but I noticed a discharge). That's why I asked about the materials, ErinJane.
erinjane
I believe all the products are hypoallergenic. I actually just got this little booklet at the Womens centre i work at so Ill post the info in it when I get to work on Monday.
auralpoison
My two fave vibes cost under twenty bucks American. A Slimline vibe is a first good investment. Kat, if the Rabbit is a Caddy, then a Slimline is a Toyota. Cheap & efficient.

Guide to sex toy materials:

http://www.babeland.com/shoppingadvice/old-sextoymaterials/

By "safe" I think Erinjane means cleanliness & hypoallergenic-ness. Both jelly & vinyl are porous materials & cannot be sterilized. Like I said, I'm not to freaked out by nonsterilized toys, my drawers aren't sterilized, but I let them touch my ginch on a regular basis. The elastomer Rabbit is only slightly porous, easily cleaned (Not sterilized.), & hypoallergenic. Shouldn't give you the yeasties at all.

I didn't get a rabbit for years & years because they were made of vinyl. I like my elastomer model, though. I was unimpressed my first few times with it, but once I figured out the right angle... whoo. I can see stars without even turning the rabbit bit on. Interestingly, I like the rabbit's nose better than the fluttering ears.

tatiana
Safe also refers to toxic/carcinogenic. Some materials, like jelly, not only break down and leave bits behind, but they can also off-gas chemicals called phthalates (sp?) which are carcinogenic and have been banned from kiddie toys (but not adult toys because we don't talk about those mad.gif ).
humanist77
Okay so..the dildo was a little bit too big. maybe by like a quarter inch. I could get about 2/3 of it inside, but the rest is just too wide. It is definitely more than 2 inches. And it hurt like hell. But I wanted to get rest of it in there because it didn't feel like I was getting enough lengthwise.

So what do I do with a dildo that's too big for me? It's not like I can send it back..and I couldn't even think of reselling it (even though it is made of silicone, and boiling it would completely sterilize it...{any takers? It's a BARELY used, $65 silicone dildo!})..I've certainly learned a hard lesson about purchasing the first sex toy, which is to maybe first try something inexpensive, just to test for size, and then move up in price/quality. No really-is there anywhere in the world I can resell this thing?

tatiana
I don't suppose you can shave a quarter inch off? I mean, if it's a lost cause otherwise . . . unsure.gif

Aren't they supposed to measure it at its widest point? Maybe you can make a case for false advertising and get them to refund your money? Or is it the size they said it was . . . I vaguely remember clicking on that link and it saying 2" but maybe I'm mistaken (I'm too lazy to go back and do it now biggrin.gif )
onyva
Humanist -- maybe you already posted why you were shopping online, but I'd definitely 100% recommend shopping in person. I use the websites for my favourite stores obsessively, but always go in person to actually buy. There've been a LOT of toys I've liked online but didn't buy once I had a chance to see them, smell them, and hold them.
pepper
do NOT shave any off. that's a major no-no.
save it to use as a theatrical prop?
sorry 'bout your bad luck, that's sucky. i have a few toys that i never use either, one i bought specifically for a boy and was so pissed (not at him, that i'd dropped the bucks) when he said, "whoa, way too big for me...". i keep it around for nostalgia's sake though.
auralpoison
I'd probably stick on a shelf somewhere where it wouldn't be noticed right off the bat. I once left a pink acrylic thing on the coffee table after I'd washed it & my friend came over. I went to get him a beer & when I came back he was on the sofa holding it in his hands & looking it over curiously. He asked what it was. I told him to think about it & he'd figure it out. Took him several minutes, but eventually the light bulb went off. He wasn't too bright that one.
humanist77
Thanks for the responses, everyone!

It cerainly is bigger than 2 inches around the last inch or so. It's almost 2.4 inches in diameter. I think maybe they just hold a ruler up to the widest point and measure, when it's much more accurate to divide the circumference by 3.14, which is what I did. Oh well. They were really awesome to me when I called to place the order, and their site and selection is great, so I'm not going to get on their case.

How come it can't be shaved, pepper? It's solid silicone~

I hope it will come in handy in some way, some day..
tatiana
Maybe tell the site anyway so they can fix their specs so that no one else has the same problem? If no one ever says anything . . . well, you end up with 2"=2.4" (men's math smile.gif ).

On a slightly related topic, I got my order from venusenvy.ca and they have both good prices and good service. I'm happy with them (though not all of my choices, but that's my own fault not theirs) in case anyone was considering them. They seem to be the cheapest of the three canadian online retailers metnioned around here.

pepper
silicon is pretty resiliant but breaking the surface ruins it. once it starts to crack or split, it's garbage. it's poured into a mold, not carved into it's shape. i'd still call them and tell them what's happening with you and your new toy. they might have a solution for you, you never know.
lunasol
I think maybe they just hold a ruler up to the widest point and measure, when it's much more accurate to divide the circumference by 3.14, which is what I did. Oh well.

Hee, that is freaking adorable! tongue.gif

I bought the waterproof rabbit from Toys in Babeland foreverago and it never worked. Frustrating! I keep forgetting to call or email, and now I'm thinking it may be too late.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.