Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tattoo practicalities
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
knorl05
thx ellievee! x
ellievee
here are some pictures, excuse the terrible quality (phone camera) and extreme up-close-ness, they don't really look that shitty in person.

here's the star on my knuckle, entirely stick-n-poke (w/tattoo ink)

the compass on my foot, done with a tattoo machine, it's not really crooked in real life

a little heart right below my ankle bone near my achilles tendon area, stick-n-poke w/india ink

and these (i have one on each collarbone) were done with machine, from a friend

i also have a circle-A on my thigh that i can't take a picture of at work...it's pretty wonky and i tattooed it while sitting, facing me, so when i stand, yep, it's upside-down. can you say whiskey drunk?

oh well, you only live once!
sexysandee
those are really cute... I'll post mine up when I figure out how... I want to add to them and I would love some suggestions from any of you guys.
epinephrine
My girlfriend is going in for her first tattoo on Monday. It was a really spontaneous decision, and it's a bold move for a first tattoo - she's getting a large oldschool pinup girl, completely naked (except for heels, of course - but we all know pinup girls are wearing those at birth) with a banner wrapped around her naughty bits that says "fall in lust." It's going to be on her side. I'm nervous, and I'm not even the one getting tattooed. I certainly don't have the balls to get such a bold tattoo. But I'm looking forward to having a hot tattooed girlfriend!

I think I know what my next tattoo is going to be - whenever I have the spare cash for it, that is. I want an atomic symbol about the size of an apple in plain black ink on my sternum. I have another one of a realistic heart, also in black, on my inner forearm. I love it, but I'm thinking of getting it shaded in grey so it'll look more like a black-and-white drawing than an incomplete outline. I love plain black and grey tattoos, like scientific symbols and antique anatomical drawings and woodcut prints. An antique anatomical sketch of a seahorse keeps popping up in my mind. I love octopuses, too, and I'm thinking about getting one. But where do you put an octopus?
damona
i have 2 tattoos. one is a celtic-styled sun on my upper left shoulder blade and the other is a large black and greyish-purpley butterfly on my lower back. i have plans for a full back piece, eventually. the next step is a celtic-styled moon on my right shoulder. hopefully, i'll get that part done this summer. i also want to get the autism "puzzle" ribbon tattooed somewhere, maybe my inner ankle.

epi, that sounds like an awesome tattoo that your girlfriend is getting! i wish i was brave enough to get something like that...
special k
I'm an un-inked person, but I often wonder about getting one. I'm with you Epinephrine on the anatomical and woodcut type designs.. an octopus sounds awesome, especially if you can get it done in fine detail. If you don't know it, you should check out Carl Zimmer's science tattoo webpage and drool.

http://carlzimmer.typepad.com/sciencetattoo
pixiedust
Ok..it's been a while since I've been in here. I've been planning this tatoo for over 2 years and it is suddenly going to happen very soon. I got a gift certificate to a tatoo parlor that is only good for a month so it's decision time.
What I have been thinking about getting is a fairy/tinkerbell either on my lower back or my thigh. I go back and forth about tinkerbell since she's so commercial. I've thought about getting an auburn haired fairy in either a blue or green dress. I want it sitting on a flower. If I get a lower back tat I was thinking of adding a little celtic knotwork and some roses to stretch it out across the back. Maybe put my kids intials somewhere into it. But I am afraid of the pain. E#ven the Tatoo artists wife told me last night that the thigh would be a lot less painfull. The other upside would be that I could actually see it. But I am in the middle of trying to lose some weight and I'm agraid of it distorting if I lose or gain weight in my thighs. I think lower back tatoos are the sexiest, and how much worse can it be than having an epidural shot. ( they pokes me 4 times last time! ). SO does anyone have any advice or helpful comments?
damona
pixie, having had both a lower back tat and an epidural, i'd say that the tat was overall less painful. my butterfly has a lot of detail and it took well over an hour to do, but it wasn't actually painful in most areas. there were a few spots which it made me twitch, but on the whole it was not bad. the hardest part was holding still for that long, sitting on a high stool and leaning over a table! that was more uncomfortable than the needles!

since i am a bigger girl, i won't put tats on my stomach, breasts or hips/ thighs for the simple reason of, if am paying this much for it, i don't want it to look really weird if i lose or gain weight! also, i've seen what happens to a tummy tat after pregnancy... not pretty!
pixiedust
Thanks! I needed to hear that! That was what I was wondering about. My weight fluctuates a lot. And my legs have always been heavy. I've been pulling some of the weight off lately with an exercise bike, but you never know how permanent that will be, ya know? That was why I thought the back would be better since I don't gain weight there. I really think if I can survive that epi...and I mean my back had a bruise teh size of a baseball when they were finished, I should be able to handle a tat. I am looking at getting one with a lot of color and a lot of detail.
bunnyb
yay for the gift certificate, pixie!

I have a celtic knot on my lower back and the pain wasn't too bad and -unlike the epi/intense labour- you will forget about it! I remember one part being uncomfortable but it was far from unbearable. Don't worry about it! If you want it badly enough then it will be nothing wink.gif.
epinephrine
Special K, thanks for that link! I'm so happy someone else had the same idea as me. I love the idea of scientific concepts as tattoos. A tattoo, for me, should remind me who I am, and to me that means remembering that I'm just another animal, another carbon-based, genetically-coded, oxygen-sucking product of evolution. There were so many ideas on that site, and some that I'd thought about before. I really liked the P. Boisei skull - I've been thinking about getting some kind of human evolution tattoo. I also love cave art tattoos. I did a project on ancient art in high school, and I've been thinking about getting some of the paintings from the Chauvet caves in France ever since. It would look good almost anywhere on the body, too: running across the upper or lower back, circling legs, arms and ankles, arching down the side of the scalp...

pixiedust
Question: I've been looking online for tattoo ideas. I found one site where you find one you like, you pay them money and tehy send you a stencil and a color print. Unfortunetly none of them really appealed to me. I found another site which has an absolutely fabulous tattoo design that I would love. it cost $25 and all you get is a 5x7 print and a letter from the artist giving you permission to recreat teh image. how hard is it for a tattoo artist to take some thing like that and size it down and make a stencil if it doesn't come with one? My origional idea was to kind of morph several pieces of art together into somethign unique. But I am getting more and more anal abotu wanting to make sure I get some thing that is going to be really spectacular that I don't have to rely on the tattoo artists design skills. I guess what I'm really afraid of is I'll take my ideas to this guy, he'll spend a really long time working it up and I won't like it.
mornington
pixie, have you looked at this guy's design work before? and I recommend talking to him - after all, he knows you're not going to get it done if he can't come up with what you like, so take plenty of ideas and sketches in and ask him. Even take in a copy printout of the design you like.

special k - those science tattoos are so cool, now I'm rethinking what I want. I know I want a greyhound... maybe i could work something in... *ponders*
zoya
pixie - I'd say the most important thing is to really shop around for an artist who's work you like. Ask people with work you like who did it. Check out portfolios at tattoo shops. If you like the artist's style, use of color, etc, then there's a higher chance that you'll like the artwork that they come up with. As far as giving him a few things to morph together, that's what tattoo artists do all the time. My whole back is covered with wildflowers. my directive to my tattoo artist was that I wanted them to look like flowers that are painted on china. and I emailed her a whole bunch of photos of different china cups and plates I liked, for the actual flowers and just to show the vibe I wanted. My tattooist came up with the perfect art from it. We tweaked it a little but not much before she started.

A good tattoo artist will charge you a non-refundable deposit to do the drawing, that deposit is usually credited towards the cost of the tattoo. The nice thing about paying a deposit is that if you don't like the drawing, you don't have to feel obligated to go through with the tattoo. The first drawing of my tattoo was done by another artist that I thought I wanted to work with, but after seeing the drawings and trying to tweak it to my liking several times, I realized he wasn't the right guy for the job. I just told him that. in a nice way, of course, and he wasn't phased at all. Then I moved on in my research to find someone else to do it. Yes, if you decide against using the artist's work, then you forfeit your deposit, but it's better than feeling obligated, and that way it's strictly a business deal for all involved, and they totally understand.

So this is a long way of explaing why I think that you should start with the artist you want to use, and have them draw something up.

however, if you really love this design and you know it's what you want, go for it. it doesn't matter that there isn't a stencil. That's what tattoo artists do at their shops. Draw art, photocopy it onto stencils, put it on your body, and tattoo away. Even if it did come with a stencil, I'd be willing to bet that the artist who works on you would make their own stencil from it anyway.
pixiedust
Thanks Zoya and Mornington! That helps! This is just such a big deal because it's going to be one and only tattoo. Here's a picture of the one I am thinking of buying the rights too: Pixie tattoo
It's going to be on my lower back and eventually I might add some celtic knotwork on the sides and incorporate my kids names or initials.
My origional idea was a fairy sitting on a rose. I was going to morph several Amy Brown fairy pictures together until i found this. And Mr. Pixie likes it better too.
pixiedust
How long does it usually take to get a tattoo like the one I linked in the last post? I finally got the artwork in the mail today so i'll be taking it to my tattooer tomorrow to have him do the stencil. I am soo excited!
femikneesm
QUOTE(epinephrine @ Apr 11 2008, 11:15 AM) *
My girlfriend is going in for her first tattoo on Monday. It was a really spontaneous decision, and it's a bold move for a first tattoo - she's getting a large oldschool pinup girl, completely naked (except for heels, of course - but we all know pinup girls are wearing those at birth) with a banner wrapped around her naughty bits that says "fall in lust." It's going to be on her side. I'm nervous, and I'm not even the one getting tattooed. I certainly don't have the balls to get such a bold tattoo. But I'm looking forward to having a hot tattooed girlfriend!

I think I know what my next tattoo is going to be - whenever I have the spare cash for it, that is. I want an atomic symbol about the size of an apple in plain black ink on my sternum. I have another one of a realistic heart, also in black, on my inner forearm. I love it, but I'm thinking of getting it shaded in grey so it'll look more like a black-and-white drawing than an incomplete outline. I love plain black and grey tattoos, like scientific symbols and antique anatomical drawings and woodcut prints. An antique anatomical sketch of a seahorse keeps popping up in my mind. I love octopuses, too, and I'm thinking about getting one. But where do you put an octopus?

Wow, what a brave move for a first tat! How does it look?

I also prefer the black and gray shaded tats, I've never been one for coloured designs. I think an atomic symbol would be very cool. If you were going to get an octopus, you could do from shoulder to forearm? Or on your back, starting at your shoulder blade?

I am seriously thinking that my next one will be a pin up girl...Perhaps something like this on my side....
Phone Pin Up

That would be my fourth and a bit of a departure. I have a celtic design on my arm, a witch on my stomach and a tribal looking design on my back, designed by my sister...Not sure if a pin up girl would look too out of place...hmmm...decisions, decisions...
pixiedust
Wow...I can't even imagien getting one on my side. I had my outline done today and I noticed that the further she got away from my spine, the more it hurt. Th eoutline took 2 hours, but it is pretty awesome! It ended up taking up half my back. Here's a pic
roseviolet
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done. smile.gif
gogosgirl
quick question, oh knowledgeable busties -- anyone here have a tattoo along their ribcage? I want one (really just a stripe down my side) and am having trouble finding an artist who will do it. because of the pain/flinch potential, I guess? any recommendations of how to talk an artist in to it, or how to prep myself, etc? thanks
pixiedust
It's really just a matter of finding the right tattooist. The first one I went to said my fairy wouldn't look good at the size I got it. Boy was he wrong! I will say since my wings spread almost all the way over to the rib cage it really was quite painful in that area, and there was a few times when my flesh twitched from the nerves being effected and there was nothing I could do mentally or physically to prevent it. If you are at all ticklish, it's probably going to be really hard.
gogosgirl
no tickle issues, so I'll just keep talking to artists until I find a good one who will agree to take my money...thanks!
vegdumpling
QUOTE(msgoofball @ May 5 2006, 03:51 PM) *
i am thinking about placing my next tat (which will be a 2" by 2"(at largest) design on my abdomen just inside the hip...anyone had any work done there and what was the pain level like?

i have one where hip meets top of leg, near although not precisely the same spot. it hurt less on the outside and more the inside but overall not bad at all. my ankle/calf/foot was way worse.
vegdumpling
QUOTE(pixiedust @ Apr 16 2008, 01:00 PM) *
Ok..it's been a while since I've been in here. I've been planning this tatoo for over 2 years and it is suddenly going to happen very soon. I got a gift certificate to a tatoo parlor that is only good for a month so it's decision time.
What I have been thinking about getting is a fairy/tinkerbell either on my lower back or my thigh. I go back and forth about tinkerbell since she's so commercial. I've thought about getting an auburn haired fairy in either a blue or green dress. I want it sitting on a flower. If I get a lower back tat I was thinking of adding a little celtic knotwork and some roses to stretch it out across the back. Maybe put my kids intials somewhere into it. But I am afraid of the pain. E#ven the Tatoo artists wife told me last night that the thigh would be a lot less painfull. The other upside would be that I could actually see it. But I am in the middle of trying to lose some weight and I'm agraid of it distorting if I lose or gain weight in my thighs. I think lower back tatoos are the sexiest, and how much worse can it be than having an epidural shot. ( they pokes me 4 times last time! ). SO does anyone have any advice or helpful comments?

i've been told that the ankle is supposed to hurt like hell and i could handle it just fine. according to my tat artist, women are significantly better at handling pain, so i wouldn't really worry about the pain factor. it seems much more important that you love it's placement and design because the pain will fade.

sorry but i don't have any advice about distortion.
vegdumpling
QUOTE(gogosgirl @ May 29 2008, 04:31 PM) *
quick question, oh knowledgeable busties -- anyone here have a tattoo along their ribcage? I want one (really just a stripe down my side) and am having trouble finding an artist who will do it. because of the pain/flinch potential, I guess? any recommendations of how to talk an artist in to it, or how to prep myself, etc? thanks

i do not have one but my boyfriend does, he has six lines of poetry that cover his entire side and he want to add more. he didn't seem to have any extra trouble getting it done but it was not done quickly, there was a lot of back and forth communication btw them. perhaps, after finding an artist that you are really into take time telling them your vision so they will be very clear that you are absolutely sure.
gogosgirl
thank you, vegdumpling! you're full of good info today! smile.gif
queencutie
QUOTE(vegdumpling @ May 29 2008, 07:27 PM) *
i've been told that the ankle is supposed to hurt like hell and i could handle it just fine. according to my tat artist, women are significantly better at handling pain, so i wouldn't really worry about the pain factor. it seems much more important that you love it's placement and design because the pain will fade.

sorry but i don't have any advice about distortion.

You are so right.....my ankle tat surprised me in the fact that it didn't hurt as much as everyone was saying it would...also consider your tolerance to pain
LilPinkElectricChair
I just got my first tattoo. It's a portrait of Oscar Wilde on my shoulder blade. It took three hours. I love it, but the strangest thing was that during it the pain wasn't from the needles but because of the way it hurt nerve endings on me my leg was twitching uncontrollably.
thirtiesgirl
I have a small tatt on my inner left ankle and a bigger one on my upper right arm. The ankle tatt hurt far more than the arm tatt, mostly because it's very close to my ankle bone where there are lots of nerves. I need to get the ankle tatt worked on some more, but I've been hesitating for years because I still remember the incredible pain.

Here's a pic of my arm tatt, a Zuni Indian bear fetish with some planets & stars around it. I'd like to get some more work done around it, maybe some art deco type clouds or something (something very simple and graphic), but I haven't found the right person to go to yet.

rubberdollz
My friend and I got matching tattoos on our feet a few years back and I have to say that was THE most painful tattoo I've had yet.

I've read some of the previous posts and I always find it odd when tattoo artists don't want to tattoo in certain areas. If that is the area you want tattooed then it is up to you to make the decision. Say that you do flinch and he f*s the tattoo up, then that is your fault because you knew it could have happened. Although I've never heard of anyone flinching when they got the rib cage tattooed. Actually a friend of mine just had a sparrow tattooed on hers and she said it was nothing. I've got my stomach tattooed and never flinched when that happened so I think it is all based on your tolerance.

Hopefully you find an artist who is more open and willing to work with you on what you want done. You are the paying customer so I just don't get why they are turning you down?
LilPinkElectricChair
I work as a receptionist at a tattoo shop and i would have to say that there are certain places our artists just won't tattoo. One of our guys refuses to do inner lip because they often fade away entirely and he also won't do the bottom of the feet because many do fade away as well. As the artist he doesn't want people to get tattoos that won't be exactly what they want. That said one of the other artists will do lip or feet anytime. I think it's the artists decision and sometimes they have particulars about the way the things they want to work on, just like any other artist outside of the tattoo world.
rubberdollz
QUOTE(LilPinkElectricChair @ Jul 20 2008, 05:31 PM) *
I work as a receptionist at a tattoo shop and i would have to say that there are certain places our artists just won't tattoo. One of our guys refuses to do inner lip because they often fade away entirely and he also won't do the bottom of the feet because many do fade away as well. As the artist he doesn't want people to get tattoos that won't be exactly what they want. That said one of the other artists will do lip or feet anytime. I think it's the artists decision and sometimes they have particulars about the way the things they want to work on, just like any other artist outside of the tattoo world.

Oh I find what you said to be totally understandable because yes it is the tattooists name going on that artwork and if it turns out like shit and you run around telling people who did it then they will look bad. It just sucks for those of us who want to get tattoos on those odd places and want to take the risk.

My old tattooist hated when I wanted to get my fingers tattooed and really wanted to refuse me but luckily I'd been going to him for years so he did it. I took the risk and knew what they could end up looking like.

So yeah it just all depends on the artist and what they are willing to do.
LauraLynn
Hi everyone. Newbie here, just wanted to jump in and say hello. I have a total of 20 tattoos, if you count my full backpiece as only one tattoo. If you like, you can look at them on my geocities page, www.geocities.com/tatt00edgoddess . No spam or anything like that, just tattoo pics. I love looking at others' ink....just love tattoos in general. biggrin.gif

Hope everyone has a great day!
themeiu
I have two tattoos now, a paintbrush style horse on my back and a phoenix on my wrist. I love them both, but I really do have the bug now. It doesn't help that I keep watching Miami Ink. I used to be against color due to the fading potential, but they have really advanced their techniques and the kinds of shading and detail that you can get with color is amazing.
I think I know what I want for my next tattoo: Haku from Spirited Away in the dragon form from my left hip diagonal across my back to under my armpit. I've been trying to find something that would look good in this region for a while and I think I'm happy with this idea. But I'm trying to wait. Got my first one 4 years ago and my second 2 years ago. Time for another one??
sareybelle
I just have this one so far... it's loosely based on the centerpiece of a secret altar built in a rented garage from 1950 -1964 by an artist named James Hampton. I used to go look at it at lunch every day at the Museum of American Art. I thought this would be a time saver. Got a bird instead of angel wings because I am a musician. It's right between my bosoms.... the words appear right above the throne, the top middle of the image. I may or may not get more, but that's what spoke to me first.

themeiu
sareybelle,
You bird is beautiful. It looks like it has lots of nice detail. And that's a great quote.
sareybelle
Thanks! I should also add the the artist who did it is a woman, which for some reason meant a lot to me. In the future, I don't think I'll care whether it's a man or a woman, but for the first one I preferred a lady. A lot of the guys who work at the shop were standing around wincing, claiming that it was a particularly painful spot, but we just rolled our eyes. She said something about how men have no threshold for pain and I agree! However I think the fact that mine was mostly short lines probably helped a lot.

As for the sentiment, thanks again. Some people have said I should have gotten the lettering done backwards, so I can see it in the mirror every day. I've just gotten really good at reading it backwards though... smile.gif
LauraLynn
QUOTE(sareybelle @ Jul 23 2008, 04:55 PM) *
Thanks! I should also add the the artist who did it is a woman, which for some reason meant a lot to me. In the future, I don't think I'll care whether it's a man or a woman, but for the first one I preferred a lady. A lot of the guys who work at the shop were standing around wincing, claiming that it was a particularly painful spot, but we just rolled our eyes. She said something about how men have no threshold for pain and I agree! However I think the fact that mine was mostly short lines probably helped a lot.

As for the sentiment, thanks again. Some people have said I should have gotten the lettering done backwards, so I can see it in the mirror every day. I've just gotten really good at reading it backwards though... smile.gif

Beautiful tattoo. :-) Congratulations.
CandyMandyDandy
I don't really like tattoos on a woman i don't think it looks nice i don't know that's just my opinion...and with guys i think there's a limit...too many is a turn off for me
auralpoison
I've been trying to come up with some kind of memorial tattoo for my gran. I know she probably wouldn't approve, but for some reason I feel the time is right for me to get one.
ananke
Since the news has come down that I won't be getting pregnant in the next six months, I've decided to get my next tattoo. I'm thinking text (as well as finishing off another one) - I hated text tattoos when I was younger, but now I really dig them. I've got two ideas:

I have heard the languages of apocalypse and now I shall embrace the silence

OR

...because I prayed
this word:
I want

Th first is from a Gaiman comic, the second is a Sappho fragment. I'm really leaning towards the sappho one, I just don't know where.
Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(LauraLynn @ Jul 20 2008, 10:50 PM) *
Hi everyone. Newbie here, just wanted to jump in and say hello. I have a total of 20 tattoos, if you count my full backpiece as only one tattoo. If you like, you can look at them on my geocities page, www.geocities.com/tatt00edgoddess . No spam or anything like that, just tattoo pics. I love looking at others' ink....just love tattoos in general. biggrin.gif

that really is an amazing backpiece, i love the colour! you must get compliments all the time...
Owl_Gang_Girl
My best friend and I have been discussing getting buddy tattoos for such a long time and finally decided on a Moomins theme so 2 days ago we went to a tattoo shop in town that works on a "first come, first served" basis but sadly there were already 6 people ahead of us. I managed to get an appointment that day but my friend will have to wait since he left to work (on an oil rig) for 2 weeks the very next day. To cut a long and pointless story short I LOVE MY NEW TATTOO! Classy as I am I got it on my big ol' bum cheek and I think it looks cute as big shiny button! Sorry for the quality of the shitty webcam pic.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/gir...wls/asstat2.jpg
snow white
hey busties

i want just two tattoos, i have the placement and design of both. they're both relatively small, no use of color. just basic. is it appropiate to ask to have both tattoos done at once, b/c i personally don't want to have to go back for something i already know i want... i just don't know if the tattoo artist would look at me like i'm an idiot for asking for both tats in one day.

p.s. cuuuute tat owl gang girl!
zoya
snow white -

the answer is, the tattoo artist will not look at you like an idiot for wanting two tattoos in one sitting. The only thing is - how big are they? ie: how much time will they take? A tattoo artist will block out the time for you, and if you want two, they'll try to block out enough time for both, if they have the time... however... you say they're "relatively" small. Even relatively small tattoos can take awhile - you say there is no colour, but even if they're black, if there is shading, that can take awhile, and between the two, depending on size, it could take an hour or two. SO... the question is, can YOU take it that long? Just something to think about if these are your first tattoos. I have 1/2 my back covered with tattoo work, and am working on it being a whole cohesive backpiece - I've found that the longest I can go in one sitting is about 5 hours. I know some people who can go 8 hours, no problem. I know some people who are covered with tattoos, but can only do about 3 hours max at a time. it just varies with your body. So just something to think about. Since Tattoo artists charge by the hour, it's not going to cost you any more if you do get them done in two sittings, it's just more what can you handle?
Queen Bull
hello busties!

question. when you get tattoos on the front of your hips, liek right on the hip bone, or across your low belly, and then years down the road get pregnant and have a little bundle'o'joy, do the tattoos disfigure from all the stretch and growth?

<3's
Christine Nectarine
QUOTE(Queen Bull @ Aug 15 2008, 06:38 PM) *
question. when you get tattoos on the front of your hips, liek right on the hip bone, or across your low belly, and then years down the road get pregnant and have a little bundle'o'joy, do the tattoos disfigure from all the stretch and growth?

You won't know until it happens. every woman's body will be affected differently, i've seen tats be ok, and also be stretched out after pregnancy. i don't have any on my belly for that reason, although after having the wee one, my stomach is tight, and it's my bum and boobs that have the stretch marks. go figure.
tesao
owl gang girl! your tattoo is one of the Moomin characters!! how COOL is that??? i know that busties are way cool, but you just took it one step farther. i LOVE It!!!
Owl_Gang_Girl
Oh tesao you're making me blush! Thanks also to snow white.
My friend Lou is hoping to join our moomin gang and get Snuffkin on her big gorgeous rump when she returns for uni in September. So exciting! Seems I'm a trend setter.
Moonpieluv
Hey all!! I'm embroidering a pin up girl tea towel for a friend's birthday. I was wondering if anyone has a cute, vintage-y pin up sassy saying that I can incorporate?
Like "soft and sweet" or "naughty but nice"
I'm searching for something more original, and haven't found one yet that satisfies me.

The reason I posted in this thread is because I want it to have a tattoo like quality to it.

Ideas?

thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.