Co-op America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982.
Our mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
We work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.
What Makes Co-op America Unique
* We focus on economic strategies—economic action to solve social and environmental problems.
* We mobilize people in their economic roles—as consumers, investors, workers, business leaders.
* We empower people to take personal and collective action
* We work on issues of social justice and environmental responsibility. We see these issues as completely linked in the quest for a sustainable world. It’s what we mean when we say “green.”
* We work to stop abusive practices and to create healthy, just and sustainable practices.
Learn more about our work »http://www.coopamerica.org/about/whatwedo/ourprograms.cfm