Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay...where's the "Okay...well, what about THIS?" thread?
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385
moxiegirl
DIva, we often go to Melting Pot by us just for desert and wine. It makes for a delightful date.

Cripes, why is it only 3:30? Feh.
kari
I wish it were 3:30 here! Because then I could leave. It's 2:45 currently, so that's not too bad.

Welcome home, Jami! Glad you made it back safely. The divorce situation sounds very complicated, but I guess they always are. I will be hoping for the best for you! At least things will start rollin', that should help somewhat, huh?

Hi Pugs!! It's nice to have you! How much longer do you have off before the new semester starts? The Mexican pizza sounds really good to me.

Yeah, Poodles, how was Jimmy Johns? We have a Jimmy John's here, I am wondering if it is the same. Is it a chain? I haven't ever been to the one here. My lunch was lame. A can of soup & a tortilla with peanut butter & banana. Sounds good, but it was quite boring. I've also eaten a mini Oh Henry candybar. Have fun watching tv with XRB! wink.gif

Diva, how does your dining room table look? I bet it is nice to have it in there. That's funny that the giant extended the table. I know, the pharmacy thing is a lot of school. He has a bachelors degree, but he did not major in a science, so he lacks the required science & math courses. Of which there are many. blink.gif

I have gotten a decent bit done today, but I have the hardest time staying on task. I think that is the nature of sitting at a desk alllllll day. I mean seriously.
pinkpoodle
2 hours to go.

The pizza feast is tonight diva. He's bringing cookies. smile.gif

The giant expanded the table? Damn, it's already so huge. It'll be great for parties.

ETA- Yeah, kari, JJ's is a chain. It's probably the same one. I had a provolone/veggie sandwich, but now you've got me craving peanut butter!!

ETAA- Turbo, Johnny Depp is SOOO Bowie in that movie!! Kinda like Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth, 'cept without the giant codpiece.

You remind me of the babe
What babe?
The babe with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who do?
You do
Do what?
Remind me of the babe!

Hahaha!!
jami
hey. it's cold out. brrr.
diva... yep, lamex is the father. they're all great boys. I love 'em forever.
lamex has filed paperwork saying that even once the divorce is done, I can't take son out of state. so what? now we're hostages even after this? it's insane.
off now to watch a movie with son.
toodles
minx
Jami, Lamex is fucked. Did you sign that agreement, or is this just some delusional Christmas wishlist that he has sent to the courts that they are honoring? You can vacation with your children anyfuckingwhere you want--he cannot dictate that. Moving is yet another thing, but even that is contentious. According to Montana state custody laws, you must give him 30 days notice:

Moving with the Child.
A parent who intends to change residence must provide written notice to the other parent. If a parent's change in residence will significantly affect the child's contact with the other parent, notice must be served personally or given by certified mail not less than 30 days before the proposed change in residence, and must include a proposed revised residential schedule. Proof of service must be filed with the court that adopted the parenting plan. Failure of the parent who receives notice to respond to the written notice or to seek amendment of the residential schedule within the 30-day period constitutes acceptance of the proposed revised residential schedule.

-From 40-4-217 of the Montana Code.

But there isn't anything that dictates when you CAN and CANNOT vacation. Sounds like he's playing the control-freaky game. Fuck him and his rifles. How old is your youngest child? Hell, if your older sons are old enough, you might have them petition on behalf of your younger brother if they think Dad's full of shit.

Pull out your own guns, girl. And don't you DARE settle for anything less that what you deserve. That assfuck is probably thinking that you're so sick of him and his actions that you WILL give him 80% of those assets. Well, FUCK THAT. You've been playing by the rules, and he isn't and HE'S the one benefitting from his asshattery. I would gladly come out to Montana with MY lawyer and give him a right-thorough asskicking. Lemme know if you need anything, ,'kay?

Oh yeah, and if you make that stir-fry sauce, make sure you add another 1/2 of broth (at least) and thicken it up with corn starch. It was waaaaaay too salty for my taste. And take Jenn's advice and add some sherry. Good call.

The Chicago doctor emails me at least four times a day. This is driving me crazy. I went and saw the Dirty Mick last night (some of you met him at my old house). He made everything all-beddah. wink.gif It was great to see him...and I haven't since after I moved all of my shit out of exMinxman's house. Hell, it was mid-August when I last saw him.

Christ, I wonder if exMinxman's been looking on these boards at all. His profile is still up, although he was smart enough to put it on "private" so that I can't see the last time he was on. Feh.

Off to grade papers.
culturehandy
Good Morning on this mother fucking Friday!!!!

Diva, it depends on which program I get accepted to. I'll take classes in media and medical antrhopology. women's health if I get accepted into community health sciences. Did your table situation get resolved?

Hey Mox and Kari!

Poodle, how was your evening? smile.gif

Jami, how old is Eric again? What exactly does lamex expect you to do there? What a motherfucker.

Word on the advice Minx. Your ex deserves to be punched in the fucking face, then crotch. Let him see that you have a man, and a fucking doctor at that, who is persuing you.

I want to be at home. I am tired. I had a hella workout yesterday, and I just want to get a good night sleep!

Now off to work, hurrah!

kari
Good Morning! Happy Friday!

((jami)) ~~~~~ ass kicking vibes!~~~~~ Yeah, fuck lamex. What a douche. Don't give up. My stepdad tried to wear my mom out during their divorce, in hopes that she would just give him what he wanted. It made me so mad.

Minx, I am glad you got some *ahem* TLC from Mick!

~~~~energy vibes for CH~~~~~~ Good for you for working out so hard! You're getting buff I bet! I mean, not to imply you aren't already buff, I am sure you are.

Poodle how was your time with XRB last night?

Things here are good. No real news to report. Had a meeting at school last night, semester now officially underway. Bah. After that I just went home and chilled out with Mr K. Got to bed fairly early.

What is everyone up to this weekend? We have some errands to run tonight. Tomorrrow I plan on relaxing during the daytime. That night I am having dinner w/ a few girlfriends. Sunday.....back to work at the hospital. Starting down the home stretch.
minx
Thanks Kari, the Mick was great fun. It had been a loooooooooong time since I'd had some lovin'. And he's such a good friend that it was like going home, ya know? He's just a big, gentle gallumph...me and Minxlette just love him to pieces.

Okay, I got into a big fucking bind this morning that the Good Doctor helped me out of--he didn't FIX it, he just helped me and it ended a seriously manic panic attack. I feel a little weird getting kindness from strangers, but I guess that I should just accept the universal hand-up and get over the pride-thing.

Did I mention that I'm really glad tax season is on its way? Unca Sam should be giving me a pretty big helping hand. I'm sick of living like a fucking pauper...other than odd, rich weekends with the Good Doctor. Apparently, I was a big hit with his friends. I told him that I'm a financial disaster, but a social champion. They've been bugging him to get back into the game after his divorce 15 months ago.
pinkpoodle
Happy fucking friday you month-old-giz-stained bed sheets!!!!!

(((((jami))))) What a fuckwad. Why do people insist on using children as weapons/revenge against their exes? Poor kid, poor mama.

That sounds like a nice saturday you have ahead of you, kari. What are you ladies gonna do for din-din?

Culture, your workout talk keeps reminding me that I need to get my ass in gear. My muscles are like veal these days.

It sounds like Mick gave you a nice distraction from the ex and doctor crap, minxie. This doctor seems strange. It sounds like you're gonna have to have a talk with him.

I made some seriously badass pizza last night. I used my new air-bake pizza pan and my crust turned out perfect. XRB brought me homemade cookies and a couple gifts and then we watched TV and had portions. It's so nice to be physically close to someone after a year-plus of no romantic touch. It takes some getting used to. I certainly don't take it for granted, because it seemed to elude me for so long. I feel very lucky. The best part is that he likes me as I am. He thinks I look sexy when I walk around in my bathrobe with messy hair. Yeah, I have a really good thing going on with the boy.

minx
Dude, you got some romancing?! KILLAH! You know you totally own his ass. wink.gif What do you think was your favorite part of the evening? I am having pizza-gear envy.

The Mick just makes it happen, man. He's an awesome friend, a great HBI purveyor, we just made a lousy couple.

Yeah, I dunno Poodle. This guy is like, the NICEST man in the entire universe. Seriously, he would give me his fucking spleen. He's all talking about taking me to Scotland, Napa, New Orleans and doing all of this other shit in a couple of months, but I get this feeling like he's just really desperate to latch onto the first non-crazy interesting woman he runs into. But it's making me really uncomfortable. And I've told him that I'm not in a place where I can even invest emotionally in someone else. My heart is still over in Saint Paul, I ain't even gonna lie. But I get this feeling that he feels like if he can dazzle the poor girl with visions of sugar plums that I will eventually come over to his land.

But in his land he's twenty years older than me, good looking or no (and he is quite adorable, actually).

AND HE WON'T STOP CALLING ME!!! He's got a HUGEASS patient load, and still makes the time to email me about 4-6 times a day, and call me at least twice. Why can't he just be pleasantly/non-irritatingly doting? sad.gif
pinkpoodle
Yeah, you definitely need to have a chat with this man soon.

Sigh...the best part of the evening was the pillow talk. The pizza was damn good, too!!

minx
Oh Holiest of Holes!!!

The Great Vagina in the sky granted me a small-ish nicety! My bank just credited me for the last round of overdrafts!! WHOOT!

Poodle, isn't pillowtalk the greatest? *sighs along with you* Last night the Mick told me that I had the most beautiful eyes of anyone he's ever met, and that it made him happy to see me smiling again. I'm glad RB told you that you are hot with messed up hair in a bathrobe...girl, you'd be hott in nothing with a slice of pizza in your mitts. wink.gif
tesao
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom diaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

please pardon the memememe post in advance.

jami, minxie is a wise woman. listen to her about the child custody issues. lamex is expecting you to be weak and to roll over for whatever crap he throws at you. DON'T DO IT!!! he isn't just lame, he is a controlling asshat.

yayayayay!!! poodle, i always thought that ex RB had a thing for you. and who could blame him? hottness that you are!! (how are the furry babies adapting to the new living space?)

so much has gone down in this thread in the last few years! poodle has her own pad! divalla and the giant live together, and she has started taking classes. pk has divorced and moved. minxie has gotten through a nasty custody battle and gone into a serious relationship and come out the other side of it to speak about it wisely. the fjs have jackaroo! i've moved to africa! what else???

here is a brief run down of our christmas in the bush: it rocked!

we went to sabi sand, (a private game preserve to the west of kruger park) from the 24 - 29. he had never been on safari, and it was so great. i never get tired of seeing the animals. i could do it endlessly. we stayed at the BEST place! it's a small family run lodge that has no electricity in the
bungalows, they are lit with lamps and candles - it was very intimate and romantic. (www.nottens.com if you care to check it out) it is small, only 4 bungalows and one room in the main house. it is in an area known for leopards and we got the BEST present ever when we had our first leopard sighting on 25 december. i'd only seen one leopard in the wild before this; it was so thrilling to see them! one large male was up in a marula
tree, lying on a big branch with all 4 appendages dangling. hard to believe that they can decimate you with one slap when they are looking so catlike!

christmas eve we ate in the boma (the place of eating) with a big campfire roaring in the middle. christmas day we stopped in the middle of the bush at a small area that they had cleared of underbrush and hung with small votive candles in the trees, with kerosene lanterns strewn here and there....those, plus the fire flies flickering on and off, and the enormous full moon, was simply spectacular. MAGICAL. ahhhhhhhh.

we've already made reservations to go back there again for christmas next year. i'll probably take my sister the PENNWEE there in june/july as well, if she manages to make it here then.
jami
I want pillow talk!!!
sheesh, what a day. WIND blowing snow. must have four foot snowdrifts. lamex came, parked, left. did not plow. so I'm homebound. son walked in from the road, parked there, could not drive to the house. about a quarter of a mile.
and then my dog alerted me to something outside... the power pole snapped. live wires on the ground. not my house, but another one. power company told that it's the homeowner's (lamex's) responsiblity - have to put in a new pole, wiring, everything. at least he won't be staying here for awhile!!!
son is 16, called dad to ask him to help plow the roads. lamex said no. too much wind. what's next? it's snowing too much? sheesh.
and as to court docs, I cannot take son out of state for more than three day. lamex has a motion to keep us in this state, but judge has not heard it yet. in this state there is joint custody, NO sole custody. no spousal support. child support is based on his income, and he has hired his work to be done (he hasn't worked in a year) so support is way minimal. sucks all the way around. this is why I believe he brought us here. premeditated.
I have to wait for lamex's responce to settlement. either we settle and agree to divorce.. or not and it's on to trial. I'm actually looking forward to my witnesses coming. there are lots. suprises for him. heh.
(((busties))) love the good friends here.

turbojenn
Mornin' ladies and lore!

I'm having a nice quiet morning - its not quite as cold here today, so the dog got a nice long walk this morning. And while turbomann snoozed, I got all the floors washed, which was badly needed with all the wet shoes and dog feet wandering in everyday, and then I just tidied up a bit...the kitchen got a little messy over the holidays, and I can't take clutter for long!

Jami, I hope you get what you want in court....and I'm so glad that you are removing lamex from your life! He sounds SO toxic.

Poodle - yummy portions - YAY! AND pillowtalk?! Enjoy it all, my dear! I'm so glad that XRB is making real time in his life for you!

TES! Your safari holiday sounds so amazing...even though its hard to be away from Mr. HB, you have had some incredible experiences in your time away! We all live vicariously through you on your exotic vacays!

Turbomann and I are going to our favorite cafe for some good brunch this afternoon....Mmmmm.
culturehandy
Good Afternoon!

Kari I hope you have a great weekend!

Minx, are you going to talk to the good doctor about his calls? That is so great that your bank refunded you some cash.

Poodle, that's great that you had a good evening with XRB. Are you seeing him this weekend?

Tes, your xmas sounds absolutely amazing! I would love to go out there. If only I wasn't such a broke struggling social worker.

Hey Jami!

Turbo, enjoy your brunch!

I crashed hard last night, I was so exhausted. I went grocery shopping, took the dog to the park, then came home took a bath then went to bed. I was asleep by 8:30. How Sad. Then PR called me, and I heard from the cop. I ignored his call. he called again this morning, and I went to go see him. Heh. But, I'll save the details.

It was a gorgeous morning here as well. Took puppy to the park. I'm going to go shopping with a friend this afternoon. I think I'm going to have a quiet evening at home.

Later!!

minx
Damn...where all my bitches at? wink.gif

I'm spending yet another quiet evening at home drinking coffee and chain-smoking. CSI: New York is geared up on the DVD player, I'm having a witty repartee with someone from Craigslist, the Good Doctor called me from Breckenridge all loopy from oxygen-deprivation which actually cut the conversation short. *shwew* When I talked to him yesterday, I told him that all of the attention was driving me a little batty. He may or may not have gotten it. Dunno...I guess that this is what is referred to as wanton disinterest. When I don't want their attention, it garners it which is weirding me out.

I just hooked up my new computer monitor, courtesy of exMinxman. It's a beautiful screen. It's strange to me to have gotten something so nice. I've been referring to it as my "box of Rice-a-Roni"--my consolation prize for a tanked relationship. Minxlette will benefit from this, as well. I am giving her the old box and monitor...this is exciting her to no particular end.

I wonder what's behind door number two?

Oh wait, it's a chatty doctor. I nearly forgot. wink.gif

Anyhoo, I've been prepping food like it's going out of style. I'm marinating some flank steak in lime juice, cumin, and pepper for some fajitas tomorrow night. Tomorrow I will make a peach coffeecake for a brunch at a very old and dear friend's house. Now I'm just babbling.

So, what's everybody up to tonight?
turbojenn
Minxy, I will tell you that DRUNK is where I'm at. Dragged our pug owning friends out to Indian food, which we had to pay for because they're way too strapped for cash, and then subjected them to hot card games of Hand & Foot and Euchre....I got the drunker half of the couple as my partner all night, so we lost both games, but it was okay. I ma rip roaring drunk though...can't quite remember the last time I was up at 1am....

Minxy, the doctor needs a strong talking to about his frequency of call....and I am sure you are up to t hat challenge. And WOOT for the new monitors!! That is the very least that you deserve after the antics of exminxman.

Okay, time to pass out, me thinks.....
tesao
jenn, you are the most lucid drunky mcdrunk pants i've ever seen post in here!

poodley noodley! the XRB sitch sounds really good. you go girl!! (gotta agree with minxie here - you would be hot wearing nothing but an oven mitt and a piece o' pizza!!!)

pillow talk is wonderful, isn't it? so real.

jami, fuckwad is too GOOD of a word for lamex. do whatever it takes, and get what you deserve. especially where it concerns your children. you have rights, and he can't do a damn thing about that. get yourself a good lawyer and clean his nose for him. idiota.

culturehandy, how was your quiet evening at home? i love those. they are seriously underrated!

((((((((kari and pk and divalla and doodle and lore and grrlyouwant and the 3 jackets and YOU!!!)))))))))

it's noon o'clock-ish on sunday here. went to a friend's house last night for dinner. it was nice - and it makes me miss my really close network of friends in north cackalakey at the same time. i'm still "on my best behavior" when i go out here. the ex-pat community is so small; it's hard to know who can really be trusted. i know that sounds paranoid.

my two best friends here are an american woman and a mozambican man young enough to be my son. the woman is really cool, but recently got married to a burkinabe and now i can't do anything with just her. i miss having "girl time". the mozambican man is a conundrum, and although we really are close, it is without a doubt the weirdest relationship i have ever had. that means that it is really a doozy.

i miss mr. hotbuns.
culturehandy
Good Morning!!

Minx, the food sounds yummay!!!

Turbo, how ya feeling today???

Hey Tes!!! I enjoye my quiet evening. It was mucho nice.

I got meself some clothes yesterday and had a nice time with my friend. Then started to watch sleepy hollow in the evening and went to bed. Had some weird ass dreams. Today park time and I also want to track down a copy of Forest Gump, so I'll be heading out in a leetle while.

How has everyone's weekend been?
turbojenn
Tes, even when drunk, I really try for good spelling and grammar...the writer in me can't help it. Of course, I think it took a half hour to focus enough to write that. smile.gif

And even though I didn't go to sleep until well after 2am, I still woke up at 7am, and other than being really thirsty, and my eyeballs feeling really dried out, I was fine...so I took turbodoggie for a loooong walk since its a bizarre 50 degrees out today. And then grocery shopping and cooking. I've got chicken stock simmering now, and am going to make spicy black bean soup a bit later, some caesar dressing, and prep some stuff for dinners this week.

Other than that, we're just hanging out, relaxing today...might take a bath and nap in a bit...I love days like today.
culturehandy
Turbo, so glad you aren't hung over *hands a large glass of cool water*

It's a gorgeous day here today, it's wonderful. I've been enjoying it!

Got me a copy of Forrest Gump, and am watching same.

Next up, marinating some salmon for dinner soon.
doodlebug
Hello everyone! Hi turbo, CH, minx, tesao (*smooch*), poodle, kari, moxie, diva, jami, lore, and the oodles of Okaylanders I'm missing!

So glad I didn't have to tiptoe into the thread due to any turbohangovers! Tee hee!

This is another quickie - I'm sort of avoiding being online for pleasure these days, trying to push my "real" life swiftly back into motion. My unemployment is running out, so I've had to take the job hunt MUCH more seriously.

On the positive side, I have TWO interviews this coming week - one with that clothing store I wanted to work at, and one at the local temp agency. It's funny, I had fairly un-positive experiences in 2007, with pretty much no one responding to my oh-so-political resume. But I got out there first thing January 2, and had two positive experiences right away: the woman doing the intake at the temp agency used to be one of our practicum students at the women's centre, and the manager at the clothing store totally remembered me from the women's centre work as well as being a customer, and likes me...but it turned out my resume got lost in the pre-Christmas shuffle, so she didn't even know I'd applied! She was very happy to see me show up with resume in hand, let me tell you, and we had a very good initial conversation. biggrin.gif

I have to phone the manager of the store back on Monday to set up the formal interview, and I have my intake appointment at the temp place on Tuesday morning. If I can get these two jobs rolling, I will actually be doing the kind of work I WANT to be doing for the next little while, and fulfilling my original plan of supporting myself without committing to a more serious career direction (and life direction, etc.) till I've had 2 years away from the women's centre. Bustie vibes will be most welcome, if I'm still deserving of them even though I'm not around too much right now! tongue.gif
moxiegirl
Even Mayors get a vacation!

Happy Farkin Monday, all. We had a wonderful, family centered weekend, and I REALLY do not want to go back to work. I wish I were independently wealthy, so that we could do lazy, engaging, outrageous and relaxing family time more than just on the weekends. Feh the working world and mental stimulation from my job! To that end, my kid has a new "obsession" movie..."Lilo and Stich". I hadn't seen it before, but thought it was quite cute. We watched movies all morning yesterday (screw the 1/2 hour of TV/day...it was a dreary Sunday!), then had nice long naps, and went to the "Jungle Java" (think combo coffee house/play house for kids) and to dinner at my folks. Moxieman's parents joined for dinner, and the kidlet was amusingly confused by "2 papas? 2 grammas?"

I LOVE drunk turbo! Next time we visit, when we put kidlet to sleep in the pleasure palace, we're getting toasty, hear? smile.gif

ok, off to get dressed and start this week. Feh.
culturehandy
Gooooood morning!

~*~*~*~*~*jobbity job vibes for Doodle~*~*~*~*~*~* that is fantastic that these two people remember you and your prvious work!!!

Hey Mox! Woohoo on the lovely good weekend! I also wish I was independently wealthy, that would fan-fucking-tastic.

Soooo, here we are, it's Monday. That's all I have to say about that.

Onwards to the work day! I had a client leave me a message at 6ish this morning, I suppose I'll call her back now!

Later Gators!!

kari
Mornin' babes.

Can I be independently wealthy too? Boy would that be nice!

It seems like everyone had a good weekend. Jenn, I agree with Tes, could not have told from your post that you had been drinking. You have tipsy writing skillz.

I had a good weekend as well. Mr K and I ate Mexican food Friday night, then went to bed early. Saturday we just did some errands, Mr K went to work, and I chilled at home. I had dinner w/ some friends that night. More Mexican food! It was this new "upscale" Mexican place here. I was skeptical, but it was really good & fairly well priced. After that we went out for some drinks. Okayers, I hate to sound like a boring, married lady, but hopping from place to place trying to find the best scene is not for me. It wears me out. I think I'll leave that to the single ladies in the future. Yesterday I had my first day back at the hospital. It went well. I was adding up all the weeks and hours and came to the rude realization that I really need to be there 4 days a week. Bah. Monday PMs, Tuesday PMs, Thursday PMs and Sunday afternoons. Kill me now. It's only til the 2nd week of April though, that is what I keep telling myself.

Anyhooooo...........

Tes your Christmas sounds like it was absolutely lovely! That is really cool that you are going back next year too.

~~~~job vibes for Doodle~~~~~ Woot for getting some positive responses back so quickly!!! I will be sending positive job energy your way!

Hi Moxie! Hi CH! Hi poodle!

How about a good things Monday??
1. I got a check from my MIL this weekend. They spend the same amount for Christmas on everyone, to the penny. What is wierd is they don't set their budget beforehand, but they wait to see who's gift is the most high priced, then everyone else gets a check to take them to that amount. I find it odd, but would be lying if I said it wasn't nice. I got $318 surplus this year. Excellent!
2. I only have 3 days of work this week. Mr K and I leave for our Mexico vacation on Thursday! I CANNOT WAIT!
3. The weather is now unseasonably warm here. It is going to be close to 70 today. Not sure that means something good for the environment, but I am glad to have some warmer temps.
4. I ran outside yesterday & it was not too hard. I think the bootcamp classes I've been taking are paying off.
pinkpoodle
Hi everyone!!

I would've never guessed that turbo was drunk, either!! You're so cute, turbo.

Kari, I know what you mean about hopping around to new scenes and so on. I'm too lazy and cheap to keep up with that stuff these days...and I'm single!! Congrats on the extra fundage, by the way!!

Tes, your X-mas vacay sounds sooooo rad!! That is very cool that you got to see a leopard. I love how leopards drape themselves over tree branches with their big paws hanging down. So cute. They're pretty vicious hunters.

A new computer monitor sounds like a great "settlement," minx!

~*~*~*~job vibes for doodle~*~*~*~

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, mox!! 2 papas and 2 grammas?! I love seeing kids' reactions when you explain family logistics to them. My nephew didn't believe me when I told him that grandpa was actually his dad's dad. "Nuh-uh, auntie ab!!! You lie!!"

Hi jami and culture!! Hi to anyone I'm missing!!

I'm liking kari's good things MONDAY idea.
1. Had delicious leftover homemade pad thai for lunch today
2. Office meddler stayed home sick so I don't have to deal with her craziness
3. Not a whole lot of pressing work
4. Poodle Palace is relatively clean and laundry is done
kari
Hey poodles!

It sounds like you are having a good day. I want some of your pad thai! YUM! I had a bean burrito for lunch. Not bad, but kinda boring since all I had to put in it were refried beans and verde sauce. No cheese, no sour cream. Boo hoo.

That is sweet that the meddler is out today.

I wish my house was clean. It is not. Lots of dog hair everywhere. Laundry is done & that's something, right?
pinkpoodle
The pad thai turned out absolutely perfect. I used a recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant cookbook. It almost tastes better as leftovers!! Asian food is sorta like that, I guess.

I spent yesterday dealing with cat hair, kari. Vacuuming doesn't do the trick, so I take a damp rag and wipe it across the area rug and couch. It basically balls up the hair into little clumps that are easy to collect and throw out. Kinda gross, but effective.

I just returned from a Target shopping spree. Wee!! When the office meddler's not here, I get to screw around a lot more. I might leave a little early today, too.
kari
Hey poodle, whatever works. I have an ongoing battle with pet hair. Since I got that new vacuum, I've been winning more, but damn those dogs shed a lot!

If it is not too much trouble, would you post your pad thai recipe? I have yet to find a good one.

Well, I'm off to the hospital. Wish me luck.
Divala
Hi, peeps!

Sorry I've been a little AWOL lately. I've been pretty busy here at work, and I'm really not into spending time on the computer when I'm home.

I want some of Poodle's pad thai, too! I'm pretty picky about mine. I get kind of pissed off if it's all oily without having enough flavor, and I had a bad streak of those last year. If I'm going to injest white pasta and oil, I at least want to taste it!

Kari, you still have until April to go? Oy. That's a whole 4 months from now. And 4 days a week? I can't even make myself go to the gym that often for a lousy half hour. I hope you find something really good when you get done with it all. Congrats on your check, too!

Our dining room table situation has not improved. It's still 8 feet long and huge and it doesn't look like the giant's going to put it back the way it was anytime soon. Grr!

I want to get my taxes filed as quickly as possible so I can get an extra little bump of cash. I might try to save it either for a wedding in a few years, or my business, or a house fund, but I'll probably blow it on a vacation to see BFF.

I am so jealous of Tes' safari Xmas, and I don't even like the outdoors! That would be so awesome to see those kinds of animals just hanging out doing their own thing in their own house.

Jenn, you're a very good drunk poster. I think I only caught one typo.

Minx, good luck with the doctor. He sounds really sweet, but 4 calls a day is too much. The giant used to be like that until I freaked out on him. Now we just email a couple times and call once before he leaves work. Anyway, since the doctor is in Chicago, is there really any chance anyway of you getting together?

Hi, Moxie, Doodle, and CH!

I want to take a Target spree, too. I made the giant come with me to IKEA yesterday because it'd been awhile and I actually enjoy wandering around that store. I also made these really, really awesome cookies the other day. They're choco chip oatmeal with some shredded coconut and chopped walnuts and they're AMAZING, easily the best cookies I've ever made.

Not a whole lot else has been going on. I shipped off my BFF's Xmas presents since I made the giant sit with me and make a mix CD for her husband last night, then bought my last gift for gay boyfriend tomorrow. We're going to have a little date so he can take me out for my birfday. I now declare the holidays OVER. I've got a pretty good week coming up: gay boyfriend taking me out tomorrow night, another friend and I getting together for coffee on Thursday if I don't go up to see Sam for his birfday. (The kid's turning 5 and I disagree. I want him to stay little forever.) I even get to leave early that day for a dental appointment, which I welcome over work.

I think there's a dust machine at work, but the machine is invisible. Everywhere I look, I see dust floating around, and I think I have some in my throat.

pinkpoodle
Here it is!!

2 quarts water
3/4 pound mung bean sprouts (12 oz.)
6 ounces rice noodles (1/4-in wide)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (pretty spicey)
2 cups grated carrots
4 large eggs - lightly beaten w/ a pinch of salt
1 cup chopped scallions
2/3 cup chopped peanuts

Sauce:
3 tablespoons catsup
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce or soy sauce (I used s.s.)

In a covered pot, bring the water to a rolling boil. Blanch the bean sprouts by placing them in a strainer or small colander and dipping it for 30 seconds. Drain well. When the water returns to a boil, stir in the rice noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain and rinse under cold water. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, catsup, brown sugar and fish/soy sauce. Prepare the remaining ingredients and have them handy. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, swirl them in the oil for a minute, and stir in the grated carrots. Stir fry for one minute. Push the carrots to the sides to make a hollow in the center. Pour the beaten eggs in and quickly scramble them. When the eggs have just set, pour in the sauce mixture and stir everything together. Add the drained rice noodles and blanched bean sprouts and toss to distribute evenly (keep heat very low). Remove from heat, stir in the peanuts and scallions, and serve at once.

Next time I make this, I'm probably gonna use a little less lime juice and a little more soy sauce. I might also back down the red pepper a smidge, because it was on the spicy side.

ETA - Crosspost!! Hi diva!!

Okay, I'm outta here. Ciao!
turbojenn
Hey ya'll! What a crazy monday - it was 66 degrees here today, and now we're getting quite the thunderstorm and lightning show over the lake....in January! This kind of weather disturbs me just a little. I totally wanted to ride my bike to work today, but it was rainy this morning - boo.

I did go to spin class tonight, which was much needed after a frustrating day at work. And now I have that lovely loose, post-workout feeling. Nice. I'm not getting too down on myself for the extra tummy weight I'm carrying right now, because this year I've been as in-shape as I have ever been, and everytime I go to spin class, I can feel how strong I am, when I look around the room and everyone else is dying, and I'm doing just fine...feels good.

Sounds like a round of good weekend was had by all...I know what you mean about not wanting to go back to work on Monday after a relaxing weekend. My nephie tells us we *have* to see Ratatouille, as that is his new obsession, so I guess I should probably do that...5 year olds wouldn't lie about such serious matters. smile.gif

Kari, the next few months will go by fast - and then you'll be DONE!! Keep it focused on the end, when you'll be using your skills in a job that will be well suited to all that you've learned. And in the meantime - WOOT for Mexican vacay!

Diva, I'm sorry the table sitch has not improved...that would drive me batty too. I'm a bit of a neat freak. And I do share your love of Target - I don't like to shop much, but I can wander around target and the money just flies out of my wallet.

Poodle, your pad thai sounds excellent - I might have to make somma that this weekend.
minx
Yeah, I dunno...he's really starting to get on my nerves, and I feel badly because of it. He calls me every day and tells me how much he misses me and blahblahblah. He's totally nice, but c'mon...we've known each other for about three weeks!! I've only visited him once, and never made any allusions to having feelings towards him. In fact, I made it clear that I was pretty much emotionally unavailable. How fucking odd...

66 degrees?! Holy crap. Oh, and Minxlette will attest to the Ratatouille. She says it's splenderific.

I like the pad thai recipe, Pood. I'll have to give that one a swing.
moxiegirl
hey...turbo, there is a requerst for baby product reccomendations over in hip-momma land...and I can't remember the name of the kick-ass washcloth lady...can you either pop over there and drop names or let me know? I should have bookedmarked her site.

Ok, off to read. ETA...if I weren't so damned impatient, i could have noticed that there were only two posts. Dummy me. I blame cold meds.

Yeah, the cold-to-beat-all-colds has finally caught u with me. Can't even stay home today. At least it won't be snowing on my bidwalk.

Minx, is Ratatouille a movie a 2yr old could watch and get a kick out of? We are WAYYYYYY into both Monsters, Inc. (since halloween), Shrek (since Thanksgiving...although gratefully, that's at gramma and papas) and recently, Lilo and Stich. Also at the g-parents, Lady and the Tramp (which makes me swoon still!). Anyway, I like movies more than TV for her, as at least she's getting some idea of narrative.

Ok, off to a fucking long day where i have to interact with way to many people.
culturehandy
Goooood Morning!!!

Kari, that's a great Monday you had!! How was the hospital yesterday?

Poodle, you are a lucky lady to have the meddler away. That reminds me of the race horse the Krusty The Klown and Better Middler owner, they named it Kruddler. Anyways... Pad Thai sounds amazing! I'm for sure going to try it!

Diva, where are you going with gay boyfriend today? Ughh dentist. I wanna go to Target! course there isn't one here, I'd have to head due south.

Turbo, that is great that you are feeling stronger and feeling good. You *still* haven't told us what's going on with the new job dealy??? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!! That's some pretty wild weather you're having, I saw something on the news about the storms in the midwest and the tornados and so forth. Eeeck!

Minx, had the good doctor backed off at all since you talked to him? You said that he was calling many times a day, has that dropped down to once a day now? Many men are stupid. Splenderific. Darn cute.

~*~*~*~*~*healing vibes for mox~*~*~*~* hope you feel better soon.

Yesterday was quiet around the office, did next to nothing, I have loads of filing to do, which I should probably get on. Today i have to drop my work phone off for repairs and return two shirts I bought, decided I don't want them. Took hound to the park yesterday, it was gorgeous here again! Then did of a short workout because my mom wanted to play scrabble.

Now here I am, must eat brekkie now.

Later!

jami
Moxiegirl.... have you seen 'Baby's Day Out'??? I absolutely love that movie. The boys moved on, but I still love it. I have a special love for 'Monsters Inc'. My oldest son dyed his hair and it looked just like Sully! laugh.gif

I think I may be catching something. so tired all the time. and the back of the throat is swollen. talking like fozzie bear.

lamex has been especially horrible lately. had to call the sheriff's dept even.

((Busties))

pinkpoodle
Hi everyone!!!

~*~*~*~anti-sick vibes for jami and mox~*~*~*~

What happened with lamex, jami?

Well, the results are in and I've gained 5 lbs. over the holiday season!! Oh well, could be worse. What irritates me is that it all seems to have accumulated underneath my chin. It's worth it though, because I had some seriously good eats last month. Nothin' else to report today, really. I had pad thai for lunch again and the office meddler went home sick, so I have another day of freedom.

Wow, 4 calls a day from the doc?! Shit, I get annoyed if someone calls me 4 times a week.

Good for you for keeping up the workouts, turbo. I'm slowly being inspired by you guys. I know I'll feel better once I start working out again, but it's still difficult to get back on the wagon.

I might need to watch Ratatouille. I like rats. I dislike computer animation, though. I like my animation rough. Heh. wink.gif

Divala
Hi, peeps!

Today's a gloomy Tuesday. Blah. I can't wait to hear the results from the New Hampshire primary come in tonight, though. Unfortunately, there's a good chance I'll be with gay boyfriend's Rethug boyfriend, so that will kind of wreck it. At least there will be 3 of us Democrats against his 1 Republican.

I've been wanting to see Ratatuille, too. Sam really liked it, and now I want to see it so we can talk about it together. I initially wanted to take him to it, but that didn't happen. Now I'm just waiting on the giant's family to lend it to me. Or maybe I should just go out and rent the damn thing. I've also got Cars on our DVR to watch. We had a free Encore preview weekend, so I taped a bunch of stuff.

I'm getting used to the dining room table being huge and in the way. I haven't banged my leg on it yet in the middle of the night, so it's not so awful yet. But once I do bang my leg on it, it's going back the way it was.

CH, you've become my workout inspiration. I've decided to recommit to working out, since I have more than 20 minutes a day now, so I've been maximizing them. I probably don't do nearly as much as you, but at least I'm being consistent and feeling my muscles again.

No idea yet where we're going for my birfday dinner. Gay boyfriend called awhile ago with some suggestions, but since his boyfriend is going and the giant is invited, that's going to really limit where we go. I made the giant go out for Thai food last Monday and I don't think I could get away with it again so soon. We just went out for burgers on Sunday, he hates seafood and any kind of ethnic food. Add to that that gay boyfriend's boyfriend has some odd hatred for all things cheese, and we're left with some pretty boring choices.

I should probably call and tell the giant he's invited.

(((((((Jami)))))))) Sorry lamex is back at it again. You know how neanderthals have to throw their weight around to get attention.

Hi, Minx, Moxie, Jenn, and everyone else!

There's nothing much going on over here today, just getting a lot of work cleared off my desk so I can do some real work. I'm dying of thirst, too. I think it's time for a Starfucks run.
pinkpoodle
What?!! The gay boyfriend doesn't like cheese?!! Cheese is one of the greatest human accomplishments of all time!!
doodlebug
WOOT!! WOOT!! WOOT!!

I *KNEW* bustie vibes were the most powerful in the world!

I aced all my computer tests at the temp agency (except Excel, which I SUCK in - although I still scored 63%, which is amazing considering I've never used it!), and I got offered work right away, three weeks with a huge insurance place, starting on January 18! WOOT!!! (Just in time to make rent, too...phew!)

Now I just have to ace my interview with the clothing store on Thursday morning.

WOOT! Thank you all for the vibes! I'm happy dancing right now!
culturehandy
Good Afternoon!

~*~*~*~*~*healing vibes for jami~*~*~*~* and thanks for the package Jami!!!

Diva, jami sent me some of your truffles, and holy fuck!!! They were so good, i shared some with coworkers, and one said it was like she had an orgasm as soon as she ate it! My hat goes off, they were amazing!!! My inspiration was Poodle!

Poodle, WOOT on another day of freedom!!! YAY!!!! I agree on the cheese deal, amazing!!! I don't know what I would do without cheese!

Congratulations Doodle!!!!! That is so great about teh job!!!! *throws glitter and rolls joint for ya*

Soooooo, it looks like a Hurricane went through this office, looks like a bloody bomb exploded!!! I supposed i should do something about this.

Later!!

Divala
It's actually my friend's boyfriend that has something against cheese. I just don't understand it. Cheese is one of the greatest joys in life. It makes the world go 'round. It's great by itself, it's great on stuff, cooked, uncooked, even the processed stuff isn't half bad. That boy's a bit of a kook, I've always said. You just can't trust a gay Republican.

CH, I'm glad you liked them. I guess you can send chocolate across borders - who'da thunk it? What kinds did you have?

Congrats, Doodle! Have you ever worked for a temp agency before?

I finally got my coffee and cheese/fruit lunch and feel so much better. My throat felt like the Sahara before.

I'm kind of peeved at the giant right now. I called him awhile ago to see if he wanted to come along for dinner, since gay boyfriend is bringing his guy, and he was all miserable. I hate when he gets like this and won't talk, then it makes me all sad and depressed and have a lousy day, like I called him and wrecked his whole day for him by giving him somewhere to go tonight. I just can't deal with him like this, so I pretty much hung up on him. The boy needs to learn to talk about things and not let them get to him so much. I can't wait until he's done with his ex-wife's alimony and doesn't have to worry so much about money and never having any. What 49-year-old woman who really could work if she wanted to will screw her ex-husband that she was only married to for 3 1/2 years? I used to work with a legally blind woman years ago at my old job. Yeah, she could have easily stayed home and collected Social Security, but she came to work every single day, same as anyone else, with a seeing eye dog and did her job. If she can do it, I don't know why the giant's ex can't get a job working at home on her computer. She's always on it anyway, she may as well try to support herself a little. But, yeah, the giant still needs to buck up and quit letting shit affect him like it does. It really brings me down.
pinkpoodle
So are you gonna go without him, then?

Congrats on the temp work, doodle!

Hi culture!

I was vegan for about a year back in college, and you really get used to not having dairy. Still, I liked cheese at the time, even if I didn't eat it. Not liking cheese is like not liking butterflies or puppies or sunny beaches---insane!!

I just had one of those choco-chip cookie icecream sandwich thingers....mmmm....
Divala
No, the giant is still coming with. I talked to him an hour ago and he's gotten himself together. I really think it is just work getting to him because he has to stay late, which is pretty rare. At least he gets overtime for it. But still, if he were all mad about work, you'd think he'd talk about it. It's when he gets depressed about finances that he goes silent.

I don't think I could ever get used to going without dairy. It's such an integral part of my diet, even if it does give me GI problems sometimes. My body is selectively lactose intolerant.

The Gay Republican doesn't like any color besides beige, either, so we already know how weird he is. The only bits of color in his house are earth tone-ish and the only artwork came from Costco. And he calls himself gay!

Just a few more minutes before I can go home. I've worked my ass off today, so I feel justified in spending my last 15 minutes screwing around.
minx
QUOTE(Divala @ Jan 8 2008, 05:04 PM) *
The Gay Republican doesn't like any color besides beige, either, so we already know how weird he is. The only bits of color in his house are earth tone-ish and the only artwork came from Costco. And he calls himself gay!

Okay, this makes me about scream with laughter. laugh.gif Diva, Minxlette just loves her purse; thank you again so much!

Poodle, I'm totally jealous of your cookie/icecream/thingamajigger. They used to sell Oakhouse brand ones after school in the commons. The cookie would get perfectly soft and a wee bit squishy on the ends. YUM!

So, everybody that's doing exercise and shit is getting me motivated and back on track. I've done a few diet modifications (nothing severe), and will be back on the yoga starting tomorrow. Yeah for Friends!!

The Good Doctor has definitely calmed down his interactions (one email, one phonecall per day), but even that is driving me a little nutters. I have to nip this one in the bud. He doesn't seem like the kind of human that would enjoy a "once-in-awhile" kind of thing, and I don't want to string him along. The vibe isn't there.

Now, the Craigslist man is interesting on a few levels. I can't even fucking believe that I responded to a Craigslist personal, but whatever...it was cute. He's big, bald, active, is a headhunter, and has a really nice voice. It looks like we are going to have coffee together on Sunday somewhere. At first it kind of freaked me out, because the initial information I got from him sounded EXACTLY like exMinxman. I guess we'll just wait and see if there are any sparks. Right now, I could go for a dim flicker, nice company, and a friend. smile.gif

Oh yes, and be jealous, for I am serving my world-famous homemade mac 'n' cheese with broccoli and turkey. Oh yeah!

P.S. My birthday is on Thursday, so don't forget the mimosas!
turbojenn
Hola everyone!

Lots going on in here today! *swipes somma minxy's fab mac n cheese*

I went sans dairy for most of the last five years - I really shouldn't eat any of it, but I have fallen deeply off the wagon. But, I do the goat yogurt with granola for brekkie, and I buy hard sheep/goat cheeses for grating, and mostly those are okay for me. Cows are bad news for my gut - except when I can get the organic, grass-fed raw dairy products at the farmer's market in the summer - that's some good shit.

Diva, I hope you have fun tonight, in spite of the giant's glumness...Turbomann can be an emotional bottler and non-talker too, so I know your frustration well. He's a bit better about it now, but its taken many years to draw him out.

Poodle, I'm with you in the 5lb holiday gift weight - and like you, I regret none of it! I've ditched wheat again finally, and that usually does the trick for me.

CH - nothing will be happening with the potential job for awhile, and I'm okay with that. I'm being patient to wait for the right thing to come along this time, and if this one doesn't work out, I think I'm going to chill out for awhile at this job...I'm pretty wiped from the last 8 months of learning a new job, new office politics, asshole bosses, and the thought of coasting for awhile and gathering my energy is fairly appealing too.

I did finally get a white noise machine for my cube, as well as a salt lamp (to absorb negative energy), and those things are really helping me drown out the toxic environment, concentrate better. So we'll see what happens at the job - no biggie.

Minxy, I'm glad you're handing the sitch with the chicago guy - that sounds WAY too intense for a new new thing....but coffee with the Craigslist guy sounds intriguing too...but then, I think I have a positive halo effect for all things Craigslist - cod I love surfing that site!

Mox, the awesome wash/burpclothes are from Snugglegrade.com - in fact, I just ordered two gift sets of them, as one friend just had her baby yesterday, and another is due tomorrow! Babies everywhere!

WOOOOOT!!! For jobby jobs for Doodle! And of course you're going to ROCK the interview tomorrow - you already know their shop well, and that's a huge recommendation in your favor!

((((((feel betta mox))))))
pinkpoodle
I think every human is lactose intolerant to a certain extent. It probably depends on a person's age, the type of dairy, and interactions with the rest of the diet.

That's great that you met a potentially cool mate on craigslist, minx!! Although, Craigslist scares me a little after that incident with the girl who was raped after responding to the nanny ad. This guy's probably fine, but I can't help but be protective. There are scary people everywhere, I guess. Don't listen to me.

A white noise machine sounds like a good idea for the office, turbo. What is a salt lamp? I forgot to mention that we're officially moving our office to a tower a couple blocks away from our current place. I guess it's a nicer place and the views are better, but it's not as close to Target, which sucks for me. I'm also gonna miss being able to run downstairs to Barnes and Noble for a few minutes here and there if I need a break. Ah well. It's a neutral move for me.

Alright bustiers, I need my beauty sleep. See y'all tomorrow!!
pollystyrene
LeBoy's nephew is allergic to milk; not lactose-intolerant, he's allergic to milk. LeSister said their doctor told them that people who are lactose-intolerant are actually the normal ones- people who can still process dairy products as adults have a biological irregularity that allows them to do so.

Whatever, I'm just glad I can still eat cheese! tongue.gif

Pinkpoodle, I'm facing the same problem- my job is right next to Walgreen's and one of us is over there everyday getting stuff. We're moving in a couple of months, so no more Walgreen's.

*Cautious good luck* to you, minx. So far, I've had good experiences with craigslist; I've never used it for dating, but buying/selling stuff, but I'm always a little leary.

So impressed to hear there are little kids out there who are into Ratatouille! LeBoy and I love that movie (we gave each other this as our mutual Hanukkah present! He's a cookie jar if you can't tell) but it's by far their least little kid-friendly movie. I should expect such advanced taste from minxlette, though! smile.gif Turbo, you definitely have to see it! It totally promotes the Slow Food lifestyle!

((hugs to all the okayers!!))
doodlebug
Hello again everyone! Whew, I must have really worked myself up for that intake this morning, 'cause I crashed at 4 PM and didn't wake up till 10!

Thanks all for the kudos and congrats!

I'm not lactose intolerant, but I'm potato intolerant, which makes me really, really sad. wink.gif My mom is severely lactose-intolerant, can't really have any milk unless she plans to stay home near a bathroom all day. That sounds horrible, but on top of that, with the kidney disease, she can't have any soy products, so she's pretty much down to a few really expensive cheeses and rice milk.

diva - I've never worked for a temp agency before, so this is all new to me! I started volunteering at the women's centre when I was 25 - to get some office experience so I could get an office job! Now I'm kind of eager to find out what else is out there, and I think temping might be a great way to do that. BTW, your comment on the Gay Republican's decor totally made me laugh out loud, too!

turbo - you totally scared me when you noted my job interview was tomorrow! (It's Thursday.) I had to scramble for a calendar to make sure I didn't lose a day! wink.gif What on earth is a salt lamp?

minx - I will take the fact that your birthday is on my job interview day as THE most positive sign ever that I will get the job!

CH - I will happily take that gift joint! wink.gif Can't wait till some money is rolling in so I can buy some of my own again....

Hi also poodle and polly!

I'm reading this mystery novel that takes place in the Twin Cities (by Ellen Hart), so I keep thinking of our TC busties, wondering if they've been to this place or that place! It's kind of cool!

I got a phone call out of the blue today from a really cool friend I haven't seen in a couple of years. (She's the woman I aspire to be as I get older - totally independent, free-spirited, and open to life.) She plays the djembe and happens to be desperately looking for creative outlets to escape the political world (she's a fairly prominent local childcare advocate), so I'm going to add her to our jamming circle - she is 63, so we are definitely going to be the weirdest band ever!!

BTW, I've been following the U.S. Primaries....what do y'all think of how it's going? I was kind of shocked Huckabee (!!!) took the first one, but I'm awfully glad Giuliani is going down in flames. The Clinton/Obama race is shaping up verrrrry interestingly....I don't have a preference there, but I'm kind of hoping if Hillary wins, she stands up at the podium and shouts, "Iron THIS, motherfuckers!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.