Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay...where's the "Okay...well, what about THIS?" thread?
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384, 385
anna k
Hey everyone!

I'm gonna see that guy tomorrow night. We'll go out for a drink, and see how it goes.

I spent today at my internship, and tonight I'm going to the gym. I'm in the middle of The Best American Short Stories 2008, there's a lot of great stuff in there. It's also my birthday today, I'm 25. I feel really cool about it, just happy to be mature and grown and learning more stuff about life.

Aww, Doodle, that's so sweet.

My Montreal trip was really good and felt like a nice escape. I walked around a lot, drank hot chocolate in bookstores and cafes, saw a series of short films, and just chilled out in a new place. So nothing big or touristy, just casual.
erinjane
Happy quarter of a century, anna!
culturehandy
Happy happy Birfday Anna!
kari
Happy Birthday Anna!!!

Belated now, I guess. I hope you had a great day yesterday!

I saw your Montreal pics in the other thread, very nice!

Hey Doodles, how was the jam last night?

Whas up Culture? If you do win the lottery, will you share with me?

Things here are good this morning. I flirted with calling in sick, did not want to get up. But I made it. Mr K and I had a really nice anniversary dinner. First we went to this other place for a pre dinner drink. I had a delicious vodka martini. Then we went to a new Italian place here, very rustic, simple food. We had house cured salami for an appetizer, then I had homemade rigatoni carbonara. It was goooood. Pumpkin panna cotta for dessert. Plus a bottle of wine. I downed a ton of water & two Advils before bed last night, it seems to have been an effective way to avoid a headache.

I'm not really wanting to work today, I am going to have to motivate myself somehow. Hmmm.
culturehandy
Good Morning.

Hey Doodle! How's things going?

Anna, how was your birfday? How is the internship?

Hey EJ!

Kari, that sounds like a lovely anniversary!

I went out for a drive last night with PR boy, we had a nice chat. This morning took the dog out for a walk (which was nice, except she had to sniff every last thing). Today we are having a potluck at work! This office isn't so bad, I guess. In theory. Hmmph.

So, how is everyone else?

anna k
Thanks everyone!

The internship is good, it's just reading manuscripts and writing notes on what I think of them, if the authors are worth representing. I know how hard it can be to write good fiction, but some are really amateur, deriative, with flat characters, or cliched chick-lit fantasy stuff. I did read a couple of manuscripts and chapters that were really good, that I wanted to read more of. Right now I'm back at my regular job, just getting back into it after having been gone for a week.

I had talked to the guy last night through IM, but then my mom called and we ended up talking more, and the guy signed off, so he won't be coming in tonight. I hope I can catch him online again so we could hang out tomorrow night.

Sounds good, Kari!
lananans
Congratulations on three years Kari!!

ch -- I also desperately need to win the lottery. But I'm too cheap to buy a ticket. Figures.

Happy birthday anna! Your trip sounds amazing. Like something out of a movie. And your internship sounds pretty cool, I'm jealous.

So today I have to call job #1 to work out scheduling around job #2. I am afraid that they are going to be unreasonable about it (I can't explain it, I just have a really bad feeling). I would much rather work in the bookstore, where they are giving me more than eight hours a week plus those bogus on call shifts where they never actually call you in...

Also today, I am going to go on a cleaning spree! The bff gets in at 7, and I gotta be ready!! Otherwise she'll try to do the cleaning herself, she's like that. I think tonight we're going to go to an Irish Pub! I am very excited. Thinking about that calms me down about the scheduling hoo-hah.

The leaves outside my window are all different colours, still changing. It's beautiful.

doodlebug
Happy Birthday, anna!!!!

(slightly belated)

And kari - wow, has it been three years already???? Congrats!

Hi everyone else!

Well, we did an acoustic jam at soulman's last night, and that was fun. The anarchist was there as well - he lurves the Dixie Chicks too! I stayed over, and soulman drove me to work this morning, even tho' I was already planning to walk. wub.gif

I played my new song - I only just finished it a couple of hours before the jam. We didn't get to talk much about it, as there were still others there, but he asked me if it was new (surrepititiously trying to find out if it was about him!), and thought it was beautiful. And then he played the one he'd written about me. smile.gif And then he got even more lovey-dovey than before. biggrin.gif

Now I am back processing lottery subscriptions. But at least I have this lovely corner window.
lananans
Hey doodle! and everyone else.

I had to quit the other job. They werent willing to work around my schedule. Oh well.
culturehandy
Afternoon!

Anna, that's excellent that your internship is going well so far.

lananans, the boss at the children's clothing store sounds like a douchebag.

awww Doodle, that's so sweet.

I need this day to be over. I was having a good day until some guy started to act like a prick. he was acting like a teenage girl in puberty. The huffs with the voice and I could literally hear his eyes rolling. Mofo. At least our potluck was really good.
erinjane
Kari, sounds like a nice way to spend your anniversary. smile.gif

culture, I love potlucks. Glad that went well at least.

anna, that internship sounds pretty interesting.

lananans, sucks about your jobs. Although it sounded like you knew it was coming anyway.

This ended up being a totally lax week. There was some mix-up about a staff destress day at work we had organized for Friday and it had to be canceled. Our board told us we could have Friday off but I thought we had to use vacation time. Turns out they just gave it to us. Anyway, I didn't know about it until yesterday and after working a 10 hour day it ended up that I only had 45 minutes of hours left for today, so I went and bought a keyboard for a music therapy program and my work day was finished. In all honesty, I worked really hard yesterday but Monday and Tuesday were a little lazier. I feel like I needed some down time after last week so i can get back to my regular routine on Monday.

I haven't seen the boy in too many days so I'm all giddy and excited that my weekend starts tonight.
turbojenn
EJ - I am jealous about your day off tomorrow - NICE!!

Anna - happy belated birthday!!! Sorry I missed that whilst skimming.

I have to "work" tomorrow, but its the annual Board conference, so all the important peeps will be gone, so it will be a workday in the loosest sense. I plan on a long lunch, and probably leaving early, too. I am looking forward to it. I have worked my ass off the last two weeks getting everything ready for the conference, so I'm gonna kick back.

Kari, I'm so glad you had a nice dinner last night - and Happy Anniversary!! I may take your advil + water advice tomorrow...wine and I have not been friends lately, and I know I'll have a glass or two tomorrow. We're taking friends to our usual "celebration" bistro tomorrow night - our friend Larry is defending his dissertation tomorrow, and we need to celebrate his smarty-pantsness! I'm pretty excited....can't beat good food and good friends. Aside from that, I have a giant pile of freelance work to do this weekend, so that's what I'll be up to.

Doodle - nice one on the jam + sleepover + ride to work...I'd say that's a very successful "school night." smile.gif
anna k
Tomorrow I get to hang with that guy. I hope we hit it off, I personally want to get laid and he told me last week he wanted to as well.

Aww, erinjane, that's so sweet and cute that you're pysched for your boy.

Doodle, I love reading your posts, and that there's so much positivity and happiness in your life.
culturehandy
It's Friday!!!! Woohoo!

Turbo, enjoy the quiet day tomorrow.

EJ, I am also jealous of your day.

Anna, enjoy your date tonight!

I really wish I was still in bed. at least I get to leave work early today. thank goodness!
doodlebug
Happy Friday, you moldy wet dishrag suckers!

biggrin.gif

YAY for lax workdays and partying and getting laid!

Boo on jobs that don't work!

What is everyone up to this weekend?

I am going out to dinner with soulman tonight, work tomorrow, then promised one of the girls at the store I'd go to her Hallowe'en party Saturday night. Soulman is going to see his hero, Bob Dylan, tomorrow night (3rd row!)....still can't believe he's coming to the 'Loops!
moxiegirl
I'd take a hangover for just 1 glass of a nice wine right now. Sigh...don't want a dumb kid.

Doodle- I agree with Turbo, its SO wonderful to hear you happy and free and full of joy.

I'm getting the house ready for guests and my SIL's baby shower. I made 10 lbs of smashed potatoes today. i'm very proud of myself for only eating one bowlful. smile.gif

OK, back to work.
turbojenn
I was wondering what all the potatoes were for! Have fun with the fam!

I just wanna say that my ass looks F I N E in my new size 10 jeans. WOOT! It was time to give up the one pair of jeans I had that not only were making me look like Beulah Bagass, but also sport duct tape patches inside on the thigh-rub zone. smile.gif

And, our dear friend Larry is officially a PhD now! We're heading out to the most delicious place on earth (or at least our corner of it) shortly.

The lax workday was awesome. I got tons of stuff done, with no interruptions - I need days like that more often.

Have fun tonight @ dinner, doodle!

((((get laid vibes for anna))))
anna k
Hi. It was bad. No emotion, no feeling. The guy had broken up with his girlfriend recently, and it seemed like a good idea just to get laid and have meaningless fun, but there wasn't any physical chemistry. It really sucked and felt dissappointing, as I had been feeling excited during the day of the possibility of getting laid and having fun. He just wasn't into it, and I just felt like crap.

Sounds good, turbojenn!
jami
happy belated b-day, anna!!!
huzzah on the skinny good-butt-looking jeans tjenn
glad you survived the week CH
moxiegirl!!! mmmmm..smashed potatoes. butter, garlic, salt, spoon.
doodle - girl, you just make me smile
hi lana and kari and other bustiegals

today has been a quiet one. boyfriend slipped and shattered a tooth last month. dentist would not touch him - sent us to an oral surgeon. he had all four wisdom teeth extracted Wednesday. he was doing fine till he ate some soup. now he's on vicadin and is now sleeping. he'll go in to the surgeon IF he's feeling bad Monday. aargh - wanted him seen today. growl.
I am doing well, thank you.

hugs all around. ~jami out~

lananans
jami - I hope the bf gets better soon! That sounds really painful. My boyfriend has a really bad cold now and has been pretty much bedridden for the last few days, so I sympathize.

Sorry to hear it didn't go well with the boy anna.

hey turbo, moxie, ch and ej! Hope you are all enjoying a good weekend!

My bff was here for the last few days and it was great just to relax with her and go see movies/for dinner etc. My boyfriend is slowly getting better... I went out this morning to take said friend to the train station and it was so cold! I can't seem to get warm again, haha. I have a few days off now so I'm just going to use the weekend to catch up on some reading. And of course, watch all of Hockey Night in Canada tonight. (even though I am hating the new theme song and despise tsn for stealing the real one... Canadians will know what I'm talking about)

doodle -- Dylan is coming to my town too! However, I couldn't afford the tickets. Maybe next time.
culturehandy
Evening.

Doodle, did you dress up for the Hallowe'en party?

Mox, 10lbs of smashed potatoes?? That's a lot of potatoes! How did the shower go?

Turbo, woohoo on fine look ass! *snorts* beulah bagass.

Anna, sucks about the date. Someone worthy of your time will come along!

Jami, damn, that's wild about the boy.

Lananans, I have yet to hear the new hockey night song, then again, I'm not really a hockey fan. *looks around* yes, it's sacrilege I know.

I slept last night, and I think I'm going to do the same tonight. I'm tired. Work makes me tired. Oh and I did a hella hard workout.

Later kats.
turbojenn
*Rolls into thread and flops on the couch*

Oof, I have eaten too much today, but all good stuff. Went to brunch with the lovely Chicago Busties, then spent the afternoon in the kitchen, per usual. Chicken stock is made, granola bars, and an amazing apple cider-cinnamon reduction syrup to make as a glaze/sauce for a roast chicken tomorrow night. And then, I slow roasted some sweet potatoes up for dinner, sprinkled with cumin and salt. OMG, I could eat roasted sweets everyday...I love fall.

I should have worked out, but I think CH did it for me, right?! smile.gif

CH, Beulah Bagass is a classic turbomomma turn-of-phrase...she and her sister have all kinds of hilarious things they frequently toss into conversations, and they just make me smile. Another favorite is when you're waffling on making a decision they'll ask you "What's it gonna be - cookies or the window?" I mean, WTF is *that* supposed to mean?! Funny stuff. Makes me miss my momma.

I'm supposed to be digging in to the giant pile of freelance stuff that has accumulated, but I'm just not feeling it. Turbomann is out for the evening, and I'm just enjoying having the house to myself - no wedding to attend, and nothing much going on. I think I'm going to veg tonight, and then I'll just be sorry for it tomorrow, but I need the time to kick back, ya know?!

Mox, I hope the shower was a grand success!
moxiegirl
Shower is today. I made the potatoes on Friday, b/c I ahd the time. We have 60 people coming, so 10 lbs should be right...one full chafing dish. I dipped 100 strawberries yesterday. Just finished loading the car.

Had my sister and my cousin-sister here last night- they're in for the shower- and our BFFs. I think my sister enjoyed playing with moxette and our BFF's boy- she always sees moxette in "gathering" settings b/c she lives so far away, that i thought it would be nice for them to spend some QT in our totally natural setting. LIke seeing a lion in the wild.

Turbo- that is AWESOME phrases...your momma rocks. Seriously. I can't wait to see you next weekend!

OK, I gotta go get in the shower.

Hope all are doing great!!!
anna k
I had a good night last night. My brother invited me to go to a jazz club with him in Harlem, and it was fantastic. The music wasn't the kind of slow elevator jazz that I can't stand, but really upbeat and strong, with a great drummer and pianist just killing it onstage. It was a small club, below street level, that soon got packed, and my brother even knew the bassist through a friend. It felt good to get out of my head, be in a different part of NYC, and just see something new. I also liked that I didn't have that uncomfortable feeling that I get in dive bars where if I don't know anyone, I feel bored standing around with a beer while people talk loudly around me and some crappy band is playing. Afterwards we watched Knocked Up, both saying how stupid and unrealistic it was, then I slept in his roommates room while their cats walked around and slept on the end of the bed. So I felt a lot better than I did Friday night.

And I'm going to see a friend's band play in a downtown NYC club in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.
culturehandy
Ugh.

Turbo, all the food sounds yumtastic!

Hey Mox!

Anna, your evening sounds like it was a really good time.

Now it is Monday. *growl*
princess_dander
Hi Ladies!

I just wanted to stop by and go hey! How is everyone?

Anna K- I hated jazz for years and had to listen to a lot of old be bop and cool bop jazz from the 30s and 40s for a music class and really enjoyed it. I now leave the house donning a beret, sunglasses and a cigarette.

stargazer
**quick flyby**

omg. turbo. why didn't you tell me about your F I N E size 10 ass on Saturday?!? congrats! i'm sure you are feeling great. smile.gif

hello okayers!

**slips out back to kvetchland**
erinjane
Heyo everyone!

Moxie, that's an insane amount of potatoes and strawberries. How did it go?

Anna, that night out with your brother sounds pretty nice. I know what you mean about that uncomfortable feeling.

I had a really nice weekend. I slept at new boy's on Friday and we stayed up till 4AM. We woke up around 10 but stayed in bed until 1 on Saturday and then had a shower and went out for "breakfast" around 2:30. After that we went for a walk in a really nice park near downtown and went exploring and found some awesome bike ramps that someone built in the monkey trails out of wooden platform. We took lots of pictures and just had fun. We got caught in a down poor but there was a really vibrant rainbow over our heads. It was a perfect afternoon. We spent the evening hanging out at my friends apartment. I liked spending two days with him but it was nice to have yesterday to do a bunch of errands and stuff like that.

I have vowed to stop procrastinating so much at work this week. Luckily the lounge seems sort of quiet today so it shouldn't distract me too much. tongue.gif
Divala
Hi, peeps!

Happy belated birfday, Anna! That jazz club sounds pretty cool. I go out with my brother sometimes, too - it's kinda fun just to hang out. We used to see a lot of concerts together.

Have fun at the shower, Moxie!

Hi, Jami! It's good to see you around a bit more often lately. I hope your guy gets to feeling better soon. The giant had his wisdom teeth removed earlier in the year and had a pretty rough time of it. Hope the vicaden helps!

Hi, Jenn! Congrats on the size 10 ass! That's my goal... eventually.

Hi, EJ, Remorra, CH, and everyone else!

Life's been life around here. I'm into making truffles again, but I'm pissed off because my usual chocolate supplier went out of business (don't know why - it's where my mom used to go when I was little, they were around for 20+ years), and I had to order all my chocolate online from some place in Michigan. They screwed up my order, so now I can't start 2/3 of my flavors (20) until they send me the correct stuff, which will set me back at least a week. Grrr.

I was supposed to see Sam over the weekend, but that never happened. He went to some Democrat party with my dad, so my brother never made it down to the city with him. Oh, well. I miss my little guy. I was going to teach him to make truffles.

We've been sick at my house for the last week. I'm finally over my cold, but the giant's in the middle of his. I took half the week off last week because of it.

Poodle says hi. We went out for brunch awhile back and saw "Religulous," which we loved. It's hilarious, but a little scary, too. Makes me glad to be an atheist. We're going to get together on election night to watch the returns come in.

We've also signed a new lease at our house for 9 months, so we for certain won't need to move until we buy a house of our own next fall. They'll extend it after the 9 months while we look to buy. Hooray!

princess_dander
Wow Diva, you are buying a house? That's awesome!

I want to make truffles.

I have to clean an do laundry, but I have little desire to.
Divala
Yep, my boyfriend and I are going to be moving to the suburbs by this time next year. I feel so... old. Then we'll get married and start breeding. Oy.

Dude, truffles are so easy to make. Yeah, I mold mine and make them look all pretty and do them in 30 different flavors with 4 different kinds of chocolate, but that's because I've made a business of it, but if you've got chocolate and cream, it's really all you need. Just go 2:1 (chocolate to cream ratio), boil the cream, dump it over the chocolate, stir until it's all incorporated, add some flavorings if you're fancy, then chill it and roll into balls. Chill the balls in the fridge or freezer until they're not gooey on the ouside. Melt some more chocolate and dip the balls in, and that's it.

What've you been up to? Are you still in school, or all finished with it? Are you still in Chicago?
minx
Boo.

*tee-hee*
culturehandy
Morning.

Hi Princess Dander!

Diva, that is excellent news about the lease and home buying! That's really too bad about your chocolate supplier going under.

Hey Minx!

It's a shade chilly here. Winter is coming. Me no likey.
kari
Gooooooood Morning!

Seems that everyone is doing well in here! Nice!

Diva, your truffles are DElicious! I'll vouch for that. Sorry to hear about having to use the new chocolate supplier. That's a bummer. That's really exciting that you & the giant will be house hunting this year! Woot Woot!

Moxie, I admire you for having the restraint to eat only one bowl of the smashed potatoes. I would have not been able to resist. I looooove potatoes, in any form, but especially smashed or mashed. Yum.

Jami, your poor guy smashed a tooth? How did that happen? Ouch. ~~~~~healing vibes~~~~

Hey anna! Glad you had a good time with your bro, sorry about the lousy date on Friday. Poo. Hey, at least you went! That's a lot better than not getting out there.

Hey Jenn! GOOD FOR YOU on the 10s!! Sweet!!

Hey stargazer and princess dander!

Hey CH! What's up with you biatch? It's gotten cold here too. I had to give in & turn the heat on last night. I put it off as long as possible. I like to have a good month or 2 without AC or heat, but it was time.

Hey doodles! How was your weekend with soulman?

Erinjane, your day with new boy sounds like it was really lovely. I'm so happy for you both.

Things here are good. Had a nice weekend. Saw a movie, saw a show, went to a wedding, primed my bedroom walls. I went to a conference yesterday for work, so I didn't have to go to the office, which was much appreciated. I needed a little breather. Working at home today. I might try to paint the bedroom later in the day. Dreading it. But looking forward to the outcome. Had a new tile guy come over on Sunday to give me estimates. Need my kitchen backsplash tiled, tile in the upstairs bedroom fixed (or removed, which is what the guy recommended), and a couple other things. Not using the first tile guy since he fucked up my kitchen floor. Grrrrrr. New tile guy recommended buying sanded caulk & just filling in the problem grout spots with that. Not the optimal situation, but a whole lot better than tearing everything up and starting over.
kari
Gooooooood Morning!

Diva, your truffles are DElicious! I'll vouch for that. Sorry to hear about having to use the new chocolate supplier. That's a bummer. That's really exciting that you & the giant will be house hunting this year! Woot Woot!

Moxie, I admire you for having the restraint to eat only one bowl of the smashed potatoes. I would have not been able to resist. I looooove potatoes, in any form, but especially smashed or mashed. Yum.

Jami, your poor guy smashed a tooth? How did that happen? Ouch. ~~~~~healing vibes~~~~

Hey anna! Glad you had a good time with your bro, sorry about the lousy date on Friday. Poo. Hey, at least you went! That's a lot better than not getting out there.

Hey CH! What's up with you biatch? It's gotten cold here too. I had to give in & turn the heat on last night. I put it off as long as possible. I like to have a good month or 2 without AC or heat, but it was time.

Erinjane, your day with new boy sounds like it was really lovely. I'm so happy for you both.

Things here are good. Had a nice weekend. Saw a movie, saw a show, went to a wedding, primed my bedroom walls. I went to a conference yesterday for work, so I didn't have to go to the office, which was much appreciated. I needed a little breather. Working at home today. I might try to paint the bedroom later in the day. Dreading it. But looking forward to the outcome. Had a new tile guy come over on Sunday to give me estimates. Need my kitchen backsplash tiled, tile in the upstairs bedroom fixed (or removed, which is what the guy recommended), and a couple other things. Not using the first tile guy since he fucked up my kitchen floor. Grrrrrr. New tile guy recommended buying sanded caulk & just filling in the problem grout spots with that. Not the optimal situation, but a whole lot better than tearing everything up and starting over.
kari
Gooooooood Morning!

turbojenn
Woo-hoo! Kari' post is so nice, she posted it thrice! smile.gif

Kari, that sounds like a most impressive day of working from home, if you have have a tile guy visit, and maybe even do a little painting!

I've had a pretty decent day - I had my performance review this morning, and whatever skillz my bosses lack (substantial), they do love me, and gave me an embarrassingly warm, fuzzy review....certainly a nice change from ex-psycho boss, but I really do hate sitting there being the center of attention, listening to them ooze about me, and then have to talk about myself. Yuck. But, I got a decent raise (for a NPO), so that's a nice thing...will help take a bit of the edge off the 27% increase in my property taxes. oy. blink.gif

Minxy!!!! Come baaaaaack! Tell us all about your and minxlette's Halloweenie plans!

I get to have the whole moxieclan come stay with me for Halloween!! EEEeeeeeeeee! Doesn't get better than that!

Princess Dander! We meeece you!

Well, I'm still digging out from under the giant freelance pile, so I'd best get to it.

ETA: Obama just announced an election night event in Grant Park which I can see from my office. Tix are already gone. Booooo!! I wanna go! *pouts*
kari
Oof! Sorry about the triple post! Not sure what happened there. I hoped you enjoyed reading it three times!

Congrats on the raise, Jenn! A 27% hike in property taxes? Yikes! Is that from an increase in the rate or your home's value going up?

culturehandy
Good Morning.

Hey Kari!

Turbo, congrats on the raise but shitty about the increase in property tax.

I don't have much going on. Quiet around here.
anna k
I'm taking a day off from my internship today. I signed on to work three days a week, but with working four days a week at my regular job, I was feeling burnt out at waking up early every morning to commute from Queens to Manhattan, and just felt tired. Today I want to listen to music and practice my writing, writing about anything, as I've felt uncreative and more into work and daily activities than being a creative writer. I wrote my boss, saying that I'd like to use Wednesday as my day off between the internship and my museum job, so I can relax and feel calm and not tired from commuting and working a lot.

Kari, definetly. Even if the experience was bad, it felt good getting a little.

Aww, erinjane, that sounds so perfect and sweet. I'm glad you two found each other.

I worked out for three hours last night, doing a dance class (as a treat, we danced to Thriller, and the teacher told me I did a good job), a hard weight routine, and a yoga/Pilates class. I usually do the three classes on Tuesday out of an adrenaline high, being challenged, and because I go to the gym about 3 nights a week, and like to get a lot out of it.
doodlebug
Hiya, quick drive by.....life is a bit topsy-turvy right now!

The anarchist's wife left him, took the kids, and it's uglier than you can even imagine. We spent all last night on the phone. He's just a wreck, and I'm kind of a wreck for him.

But I'm already kind of a wreck, as soulman pushed me into telling him how I feel, and now he's freaking out and wants to slow things down.

But I have another fabu new song....maybe my best ever.

Gotta go, at work.....
turbojenn
(((((anarchist fam)))))) Gah, that is awful, doodle. I'm sorry your friend is going through this, and that its such a mess.

Kari - the assfucking property tax increase is par for the course living in Chicago. My property taxes are up 300% from when we bought our place 6 years ago...the increases aren't tied to reality in any way at all, its just whatever the corrupt alderman and county president want to do. My property value has actually dropped $30K over last year. Gah. But, I will pay the fucking tax as long as I can afford it, because to me, the suburbs are the 7th circle of hell, and I will not go there. smile.gif

Holy workouts, Anna! I've been a major slacker since bike season ended. Just resting a bit, plus freelancing way too much. Next week I'll have to get back to it, post dogsitting/houseguests/halloweenie fun. smile.gif

lorewolf
Heeeey aaaaalll!!! smile.gif

I'm just tossing out a quick post to let you know that I got to and from Honolulu well enough. It was a good visit overall, which I will have to get into more detail about later, but my cousin (the groom) still isn't talking to his Mother (my Aunt). Yeah, big drama. There's also more drama from Goaty's workplace. I have to crash really soon, though.

Love to the BUSTies! wub.gif and I'll catch up on archives later, I promise!
kari
Good Morning!

Jenn, damn! A 300% increase in tax since you moved in? boooooooo.

Hey doodle! I'm sorry about the stuff with soulman. Slowing down ain't the end of the world though, I suppose. I'm really sorry for your anarchist friend. How terrible. sad.gif

Hey LORE!! I had no idea you went to Hawaii! Lucky duck! A wedding then? How was it? Full of family drama it sounds like. dry.gif I hope things at Goaty's work are ok. ~~~~~~~vibes~~~~~~

Hey anna!! Three hours of workout? You are on fire, girl! HOW fun that you guys danced to Thriller as a special Halloween treat! Nice.

Not much doin' here today. I just stayed in last night, cooked & read. Today is quiet at work, lots of people are out for various reasons. I'm leaving work a little early to get my hairs cut. Am meeting some friends later for Indian food. Mm Mm. Looking forward to that.
culturehandy
Morning!

anna, that's a great workout!

Doodle, ohdear, that's awful. (((anarchist)))

Hey Turbo!

Lore, enjoy Hawaii!

Hey Kari! Oooh a hair cut, then indian! Yummers!

I've got nothing.
princess_dander
Turbo- I missed you and everyone! Sorry about the property tax increase. that sucks giant donkey balls from hell!

Diva- Yeah still in school. That's what happens when you change majors more than you change your hairstyle. I decided to go with my gut and passions and study music and maaaybe music therapy if I still have the knack to help people which I don't right now. Can you say burnt out?

Hi Doodle!!!! *smothers Doodle with hugs and kisses* Love Love Love! Hi! How are you? Are you writing songs? Is this a new thing or were you a rockstar this whole time and I never knew? I'm writing songs too! I so wanna hear your stuff!

Culturehandy- you have the best icons evah! I have been cracking up whenever I see the dancing penis banana.

Sorry kids if I seem loopy, I just downed some coffee and had a cigarette and now I am all speedy. Yipes! I'm organizing my place all at once, not getting anywhere with it, throwing out my bed, doing my resume and trying not to lose it. I need some calming bustie vibeage. I believe in the magic of the bustie vibe.

lorewolf
Hey again, and more, quickie-fondness! smile.gif

Funny that song-writing was brought up, because when looking through my wallet, I found a snippet of a song I must have drunkenly sketched. It was an intentionally cheezy song. It included the lyrics,
"Nothing will shield you from the blasts of MY love!"
"Ba bamm bamm ba bam, ba BA ba bamm bamm..."
It was called No Protection, and it was about a pushy lame guy.

I SHALL catch up, guys!
But it'll have to be later. I gotta sleep.
doodlebug
Ok, this is a quick one - god, things have been crazy! Anyway, I can't stay on long - just got home from the store, gonna wolf down some dinner and get to bed so I can get up early enough to don my Johnny Cash outfit for the lotteries job....

princess dander, holy crap! Lovely to see you!!!! I've missed you! Yes, I'm writing songs - I've got 18 of 'em now, plus some unfinished ones. There are some in the archives of this thread, I think, although frankly, my newer ones are better. wink.gif What kind of stuff are you writing?

And a quick hello to turbo, kari, CH, lore, diva, anna, and everyone else!

Yeah, the soulman thing - I don't know, things feel so up in the air. I never tried to push the whole thing into something it wasn't ready to become, but he called the question, and now it's all.......whatever it is. I've actually been pretty upset about how the whole conversation went down, but there it is. We'll see.

Anyway, here are a couple piccies! These are from the breast cancer research fundraiser/bra clinic we had at the store:

Me (left) 'n' the girls

Me 'n' the girls 2

The Team, and much pink

(Candice, in the middle in the 1st two pics, is the girl my song is named after!)

ETA: Oh yeah, I've got it on good authority that they're probably going to offer me a promotion at the store. And I don't want it. ACK!
pookiepiegurl
Hi guys,

Sorry to be off topic, but I just want to let you all know about an event in NYC tonight on Halloween:

Presenting the 1st ever "SARAH PALIN EXPERIMENT and PAGEANT." Let's see how many Sarah Palin's will fit in UNION SQUARE!

UNION SQUARE (14th Street and University - north side of street)
October 31, 2008. 10pm

Part picnic. Part meet-n-greet. Instruments encouraged. And bring the rest of the Palin-gang if you can! Bristol! Todd! Trig! See and be seen. Stop by after the parade!!

*If you know ANYONE going as Sarah Palin - PASS THIS ALONG TO THEM!!*

And be sure to check out the I'm Going to be Sarah Palin for Halloween page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=36001677129
culturehandy
Happy Hallowe'en all you Sarah Palin supporters! (oooh, that is mean, hee).

Hey Princess_Dander! hee, thanks. When I came across the avi, I just thought, this is IT! Woo!

Heya Lore!

Doodle, you all are purty.

Well, I have my first ever gay wedding to attend to this morning. and it's also my first ever Hallowe'en wedding. So, I'm excited. The added bonus; it gets me out of the office! YAY!

Tonight is the reception, so I'll do candy patrol for a while, then be on my merry way. We don't get that many kids these days, so I think this year I'm going to stock up on bargain candy and stash it away in my closet. And you now that xmas (the evil, evil word) is now on it's way.

How is everyone else?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.