Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: barefoot, precocious, and in the kitchen
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Absolutely Fad-ulous
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
JessieLaFemme
This is the worst thread to read when you're starving and all you have in the house is...nothing. I'd kill for a wheel of brie cheese and some crusty french bread right now.
crazyoldcatlady
official bustie foodstuffs: oreoballs, foie gras, all cheeses, topped off with a bloody mary.
auralpoison
Can I tell a funny brie story? At my first office Xmas party at my old gig, they went all out on foodstuffs. There was this wheel of brie baked in puff pastry. I had a small slice, it was delish. Later in the eve, after much, uh, herbal refreshment was enjoyed, some people hit the buffet like animals. My friend J comes back to our table with a HUGE honkin' slice of the brie. Like, enough to cause serious intestinal distress should he eat it all. So he's noshing, he takes a BIG bite of the brie, chews, then promptly spits it out screaming, "What the fuck is that?!" He'd thought it was some kind of pie or cheese cake!
pinknails
QUOTE(ketto @ Jun 29 2009, 10:06 AM) *
I love love love a simple mixed green with balsamic vinegarette and some extra virgin olive oil. The best is when you add some apples, goat cheese, and candied walnuts.

I agree. I like apples in my salads, it gives it that extra crunch. Here is a similar recipe but it uses a Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing to give it a sweet taste.

Apple-Cranberry Salad Toss

1 pkg. (10 oz.) torn mixed salad greens
2 apples, sliced
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup PLANTERS Walnut Halves, toasted
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup KRAFT Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

For the nutritional facts: Apple-Cranberry Salad Toss
auralpoison
Pinknails is a corporate shill! She is using Bust as a platform to sell Kraft products to us! This is CandMandyDandy/Starlightbright/Newyorkla, et al, all over again!
candycane_girl
Ack, what should I have for dinner? Nachos that include seasoned beef, beans, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, salsa and cheese or chicken fettuccine alfredo? I've been eating the nachos for the last two nights. I can't decide.
auralpoison
I am having the chicken with farfalle & parm, please. But only because I do not have nachos! Mmmmm . . . nachooooos.
Lilacgypsy1
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 16 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Pinknails is a corporate shill! She is using Bust as a platform to sell Kraft products to us! This is CandMandyDandy/Starlightbright/Newyorkla, et al, all over again!

This seems to become more and more common on various chat sites. It's a result of the economy--Make money from home using your computer (aka be shill for us to make it look legitimate).

I think that the moderators, Bust web/magazine owners, and their lawyers should take it for what it is ...advertising.... and send Kraft and Planters AND Pinknails a bill for their advertisement appearing on the Bust website. And KEEP doing it to them and any other person who tries the same stunt.

And do not to let Pinknails get away with the "I didn't know" routine. (Sorry Rachel doesn't tell me what brand of EVO to use nor does Bobby tell me what brand of B_B_Q sauce I need.) Brand Advertising is advertising .

candycane_girl
It's kind of sad because these people are trying to capitalize on word of mouth advertising. But word of mouth happens organically. It's when a friend of mine tells me to try some new product or when I tell my friends that we should go to a restaurant I really like. It's not some random person who comes in and specifies what brands to use as if we don't know that they're all under the Philip Morris umbrella in the first place.

I'm sure that some busties have made brand suggestions in here before but most of us aren't going to say "You have to use this brand of salad dressing or it won't turn out right!!"
auralpoison
I just get annoyed because it's the same damned person doing it over & over again. Every new persona she adopts pulls the "Im sorry i didnt no I couldnt do that. heehee!" thing. She DOES know. I verbally flayed her alive once & another time we took over her thread entirely & mocked her for six pages.

And Lilacgypsy, just so you know, we are a self-moderated board, so our main means of ridding ourselves of her is to call her out & set her to ignore. Then we wait for her to come back & start it all over again. She's not very smart/creative, so she's always easy to spot.

/derail over

On foodie topics, the pickled green beans I made were awesome. I couldn't stop eating them. I made two pounds & poof! They were gone like that.
kittenb
I need reciepe advice. In the past I have made a yummy sauce for chicken by melting peanut butter and mixing it with balsamic vinigrette. The last time I tried it, it tasted terrible so I think I forgot something. However, since this is a self-created receipe, I have no way of knowing what it was. Can anyone think of a good receipe with peanut butter and balsamic vinigrette for chicken?
Thanks!
edie52
Hmm, I'm not sure if this is what you're after, kitten, but when I make peanut sauce it's either with rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar. We're talking Chinese-style peanut sauce, so there's also sesame oil, chili, soy sauce, etc. But maybe for something basic try peanut butter mixed with one of the vinegars I suggested.
kittenb
Oooo, apple cider viniger would be yummy! Do you recommend that I put the sauce on after the chicken in sauted or while it is sauteeing?
edie52
I'm really no expert, but, probably after, if you want it really saucy (which I would). Or you could marinate in in some and then add more after it's done cooking.
turbojenn
Definitely sauce after with peanut sauces - peanut butter tends to sieze when heated, so best to sauce it at room temp. I made an asian peanut dressing for slaw last week, which is pretty close to what I use for satay, etc - just adjust the vinegar and amount of water to get the flavor/consistency you like.
culturehandy
does anyone have a tried and tested and tasty pickle recipe??
candycane_girl
After reading aural's post in "how do you know a guy is a good one" I was just wondering if anyone knows of chocolate brands that make salted chocolate AND are available in Canada. I googled salted chocolate and most of the results seemed to be blogs talking about salted chocolate. One popular brand here is Cocoa Camino but according to their website they don't have any salted chocolate.
auralpoison
I know President's Choice makes dark chocolate covered salt caramels.

Strawberry balsalmic truffle . . . mmmmm.

This isn't a "traditional" pickling thing, but I've been making & devouring them all summer. They're supposed to keep for four weeks or so, but I can polish them off much faster!

Spicy pickled green beans

1 pound green beans, trimmed
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons mustard seeds
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes*
8 garlic cloves, chopped
8 fresh dill sprigs, chopped
4 bay leaves

* I find I like adding a squirt or two of Sriracha, too. But I likes it spicy!

1. Cook the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and cool in a bowl of ice water. Strain and set aside in a shallow baking dish.*

2. In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegars, mustard seeds, peppercorns, salt, sugar, fennel seeds, pepper flakes, garlic, dill and bay leaves over high heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute to dissolve the sugar and salt.

3. Pour the vinegar solution over the beans to cover completely. Marinate, refrigerated for at least 24 hours. The beans will keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 weeks.

* I steam 3 min, then shock in an ice bath. I also do this in a plastic freezer bag for convenience.
sybarite
Hello all, I've come in here for recipe suggestions, please. I want to cook dinner for four next week and am thinking of fillet steaks (as I can get good ones nearby and they'd be a treat) and then basing the meal around those. However, I can't for the life of me think of anything original to do with them. I tend to think less is more with something like a fillet, but I'd like to prepare something special. Any thoughts?

Just for background: I don't cook often at all (gee, could you tell?). Because I'm fairly inexperienced, when I do cook(as seen above) I tend to go for good ingredients outwards and take it from there, so at least the basics are in place. I say this so that you're all aware of my culinary ineptitude...

Oh, and salt caramels sound amazing.
pollystyrene
Like filet mignon, syb?

The first time I made them, I wasn't sure what to do either, so I posted on a foodie message board I looked at. Based on the advice I got, here's what I did (copied and pasted from that site):

First I left them out for awhile to get down to room temperature. Then put them in the oven at 300F for a few minutes, till they got a little warm. Heated up the pan on the stove (just a stainless steel skillet, since I don't have a cast iron pan.)

I salted and peppered them when they came out of the oven, then threw them in the hot pan for about 2 minutes on each side. After I seared the first side and flipped, I put some beurre maitre d'hotel [syb, I'll post that recipe below] on the seared side. When I put them back in the oven pan, I put the buttered side down and buttered the other side. Stuck them in at 350 for about 5 more minutes, then took them out to rest (covered loosely in foil.)

Meanwhile I made some broccoli and used part of the leftover butter over that. I deglazed the pan with some red wine and garlic, threw in some more of the butter mixture into that.

Next time, I might make it a little less lemony, although it did taste surprisingly good- I wouldn't have thought lemon and that steak would have worked that well. The meat was perfectly rare/medium-rare. I think the thermometer said 130 or so when I took them out of the oven. I don't know how well that means they were cooked, but they didn't seem anywhere near medium to me. We like them nearly bloody, so it was perfect.

beurre maitre d'hotel (aka Compound Butter), from this site.

1/2 cup of Butter
1 tbsp Parsley (minced)
1 tsp fresh Lemon juice
Zest [I think this a subjective amount]
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper

This was enough for two filets with a little extra to deglaze the pan and put on the broccoli- you'll want to double it if you're cooking for four. I think I poured the deglaze over the steaks when they came out of the oven.

Basically, get your butter soft and the lemon should be at room temperature. Put it all in a food processor until it's all combined (or thoroughly mix it by hand). I thought it was a little too lemony for the steaks, but it was okay on the broccoli. The comments on that site have some good information in them, too.
auralpoison
Being from beef country, the people I have over for a good steak are PICKY as hell about how it's done. I'd get beaten to death if I even *thought* about putting out A1 or anything like that. I've found that this simple marinade really enhances the flavor of a good piece of meat & won't get the cattlemen all up in a tizzy!

4 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/3 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/3 teaspoons yellow mustard
4 teaspoons soy sauce
pepper

Toss ingredients into a bag with meat & let sit at least six hours/overnight.

Since it's still MAD hot here, I usually do these on the grill, but your could do them in a pan or broiler, too.

ETA: A Bustie posted this elsewhere, it sounds tasty, too!

Pan-Fried Sirloin Steak With Simple Chianti (Zinfandel) Butter Sauce and Olive Oil Mash: (Adapted from Jamie Oliver's recipe in Cook With Jamie).

For the Mashed Potatoes:

14 oz. potatoes, peeled and halved
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive oil
A small handful of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
A knob of butter
For the Rest:

2 x 7 oz Sirloin Steaks, 1-inch thick, fat scored
Olive Oil
2 knobs of butter
2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
A few sprigs of Thyme
1 large wineglass of Chianti/Zinfandel that you've been drinking
A few sprigs of watercress
Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1. Put the potatoes into a large pan of salted water, bring to a boil and simmer until soft and tender. Drain them in a colander and allow them to sit for 4 minutes to steam away any excess moisture. Return the potatoes to the pan and mash them up, stirring in a large glug of olive oil, the Parmesan and butter. Taste, season, and then transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place over a pot of simmering water to keep warm.

2. Heat a heavy frying pan, large enough to cook both the steaks at once without them touching. Season your steaks and brush them with olive oil. Using a pair of tongs, hold the steaks fatty-edge down in the frying pan to render and color the fat. When the fat is golden, fry the steaks for 8 minutes in total for medium-rare, turning them every minute. Remove from the pan to rest.

3.Turn the heat down and add a knob of butter to the pan. Fry your shallots and thyme for 4 minutes, then add the wine and reduce by half. Pour in the resting juices from the meat, add the 2 remaining knobs of butter and take the pan off the heat. Stir around to emulsify and make a really simple red wine sauce. Taste, season and serve with your steak and lovely olive oil mashed potatoes with a scattering of watercress and a drizzle of good olive oil.

Simple Sauteed Spinach:

We had some left-over spinach in the refrigerator and decided to put it to good use. This is one of the easiest side vegetable dishes to make.

1 lb Spinach leaves
Olive Oil
1-2 garlic clove(s), diced
A splash of Shao Xing Cooking wine or Rice Vinegar
1. Heat the oil in a saute pan until smoking
2. Saute the garlic in the oil until cooked
3. Throw the spinach leaves in the pan in batches until wilted
4. Season with salt and pepper and splash in the Shao Xing wine to taste. Take off the heat and enjoy immediately!
kittenb
I've twice tried to make a pumpkin soup and disliked the results both times. I'm wondering if butternut squash soup would taste better. Does anyone have a good recipe for a butternut squash soup?
candycane_girl
I know this is really vague but does anyone have any suggestions for a delicious but healthy meal? I know that by tomorrow night I am going to be extremely tempted to just order Chinese food but I desperately need to eat something healthy. I made pasta on Sunday night and just finished it off tonight! I'd like to think it wasn't too unhealthy because I added lots of peas and mushrooms to the sauce.
flanker_ji
Ccg, I just had the most delicious and healthy dinner I made for the first time tonight out of Real Simple (this month's issue has a whole month's worth of dinner recipies, and they all seem to be pretty healthy). It was Tilapia fillets pan-grilled in olive oil, with sea salt and pepper sprinkled on top that sat on a bed of olive oil-satueed red bell pepper strips and green onions (I used 1 bell pepper and 1 onion stalk for a generous single serving). I added a bunch of chopped flat-leaf parsley and some pitted halved green olives to the veggies to cook for the last minute or two, as well as salt & pepper. Then everything got a squeeze of lime juice. Really delicious and filling!
candycane_girl
Ooh, that sounds good! I've seen that magazine, Real Simple, but I've never picked up an issue before.
pollystyrene
Real Simple is a little too domestic for me, but they do have good recipes and good ideas for household stuff. Some of my favorite cooking magazines are Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country and Everyday Food. Great ideas in all of them.
candycane_girl
I went to the website for the mag and was actually a bit shocked at some of their "healthy recipes". One of them had 23 grams of fat per serving. Another recipe, although not in the healthy section, had 48 grams of fat per serving. I think that's around what a woman's total intake should be for the day and that was just in one meal!

Anyway, sorry to derail cause I know this isn't the weight loss thread. It's just frustrating trying to find healthy recipes.
auralpoison
Well, I suppose it all comes down to your definition of "healthy", CCG. Over the years we've been told so many different things, it's hard to know what is healthy & what isn't. Low fat, low carb, whatever. Most of your "low fat" products in the market are jacked up with sodium & sugar to replace the flavor that full fat imparts. And "low carb" products are full of chemicals. Pfffbt.

I'm ten years older than you & my metabolism has started to slow down a bit, so there are things I stay away from. I don't consider pasta "healthy" even if it's whole grain/high fiber because it goes straight to my ass. Same with taters & beans & white rice & white breads & such. I eat those things in pretty strict moderation. If I REALLY have a yen for pasta, I will use one part whole grain pasta to two parts veg & one part protein. Otherwise I use spaghetti squash & I use zuchs to make a "lasagne" that is pretty passable. When I want chili, I use black soys instead of black beans & I swear nobody can tell the difference. I eat brown rice & rye/sourdough/whole grain breads on occasion.

This all came from a book Chacha rec'd that I read that made a lot of sense to me, but at the moment I don't recall what it was titled. Because of it, I eat a lean protein diet with lots of leafy greens & vegetables (I do a lot fo "by color" eating veg-wise. The more vibrant something is the more visually appealing & tasty.) & because I don't eat a lot of starches, I let myself have a little more fat. Fat is a big part of what makes food taste good & fills us up. I frequently use coconut oil & unpastuerized full fat dairy in my cooking. I eat a lot of fish, too. I've learned how to make fish from a can tasty & how to take the "frozen" taste out of fish. And I'm an AVID label reader, too, so I know what I'm getting nutritionally.

Our dinner tonight will be steamed salmon & asparagus with a dill cream sauce & mixed green salad with lemon vinagrette. Salmon is a pretty fatty fish, but the brain/heart like those omega 3s. I use yogurt in the sauce instead of sour cream & half the serving while upping the spices a little. I'm taking care of his health, too.

Possible weekend menu:

Grilled steak, grilled corn on the cob, salad
Beef stir fry with fresh mixed veg & a little steamed brown rice
Tilapia based cioppino with sourdough croutons
Grilled chicken sausage & steamed cabbage
Salmon salad niçoise
Shrimp & veggie kabobs with a little brown rice & a salad
Veggie frittata
Tunisian coddled eggs
Grilled tilapia with white wine, tomaters & capers & a salad
Greek chicken with Greek salad
Spaghetti squash in a light truffle oil infused mushroom cream sauce, steamed broccoli with garlic & a salad

The only *truly* bad thing I'm making is going home with him: red potato salad with walnuts & bleu cheese.

I've done all the prep work, so these thing will be pretty fast except for the heating of the grill. And what man doesn't get off on handling the grill?
ketto
I would also check out Jenn's blog. http://thewholekitchen.blogspot.com.

I went cooking crazy a couple of weeks ago and made about 6 or 7 recipes from her blog and they were deeeeeeelicious.
flanker_ji
'Aural, was it Eat Fat, Lose Fat? I read the book too, and I think the principles of it make a lot of sense for my body too, so my definition of healthy is similar to yours.

I didn't mean to make it sound like Real Simple's recipies were the ultimate source for healthy recipes, just that the one dinner recipie I tried turned out great, and scanning the other recipies, it seemed like there was a good ratio of protein, vegetables, and starches in each dinner/throughout a given week.
candycane_girl
flanker, I totally understand but I just found the recipes in their healthy section to still be high fat.

I don't believe in any pre-packaged low fat foods, aural, but I do believe that it's possible to cook low fat by cooking in a certain way (ie. cutting all the fat off of chicken), including more vegetables, etc. I don't believe in an extremely low fat diet but I think that 23 g for just one meal is a bit excessive.
auralpoison
Oh, I would agree totally, CCG. 23g in one sitting . . . that's a bit much unless you're going for a fatty meal.

I also am not down with the pre-packaged foods. I freeze my scratch stocks in ice cube trays. I buy my edamame/out of season veg frozen or black soys in a can & the odd condiment (How the fuck would I make fish sauce?), but that's about it. But I have the luxury of the time/money to spend on mostly fresh things.

Yes, Flanker, that was the book! It just makes so much sense compared to the no fat, upped sodium/sugar/crap regime that has been going on for so long.

I try really hard to have a good balance of things on the whole. But if I do decide that I have a yen for carbonara with my spaghetti squash, I plan accordingly for the days around it being stingy on the fat to make up for that creamy delicious fatty goodness. Like, I got talked into a special game hen recipe tonight that calls for the skin to be on & that it be broiled with bacon & served with an apricot/port sauce. Fatty, tasty, crispy love. He's gonna pay for it at lunch today & breakfast tomorrow!
ketto
Another great book (by the same author(s)?) is "Nourishing Traditions". I use it all the time, particularly for sauces, spreads, salad dressings, mayo, ketchup, etc.
candycane_girl
Hi ladies. I decided that I want to try making some really simple veggie tacos. I figured that I would use refried beans as the main filling and then add lettuce, shredded cheese and salsa. Any suggestions to what else might make it tasty? Also, is there a way to warm up tortillas so that they don't get hard? I've tried microwaving and that's just bad.
deschatsrouge
have you thought about adding fresh chilli? Fresh coriander/cilantro? Adding authentic Mexican cheeses are good too. To heat up tortilla I put them in a warm un-oiled skillet (stainless or cast iron works best) you have to watch them because they warm up fast if the skillet is hot.
summerbabe
I just wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them up in the oven. Veggie tacos sound yum, you could think about adding sliced black olives, guacamole, sour cream, rice, or green onions. Now I'm hungry!
koffeewitch
I add grilled fresh veggies, peppers and onions. Homemade salsa from our garden produce when I'm lucky. Heat the tortilla, wrap up the goodies then lightly toast the outside of the tortilla shell in a hot pan. Yum Yum. Margaritas, anyone?
candycane_girl
Mmm, green onions are a definite yes, especially since I can also add them to egg salad. For egg salad I'm thinking of something simple, just mayo, paprika and green onions.

I would like to try using authentic Mexican cheeses, just not this weekend because I don't want to have to go all the way to the one authentic Mexican grocery store in this city.
auralpoison
You could always go fajita style & do up some sliced peppers & onions or other veg.
candycane_girl
Mmm, this all sounds good. I'm just trying to keep it simple cause I know I'm going to be tired tonight. I'm also thinking of maybe doing nachos instead of tacos. Mmmm melty cheese.
ketto
Mmmm....sounds yummy. I'm so excited because paperboy and I moved in to our own place on Sunday and I have my very own kitchen! And the stove is new and the kitchen is big and bright. I'm already in it constantly. I made us a delicious risotto a few nights ago. Today I'm making peanut sauce for some salad rolls when we have friends over tomorrow. I'm so ridiculously excited about my very own kitchen.
candycane_girl
lol, ketto that is totally understandable! I got a new stove almost two weeks ago but I haven't used it much because the old stove is still here right in the middle of my kitchen! Luckily it is finally getting taken away tomorrow. I can't wait to have the space back.
koffeewitch
I am so jealous of your big, bright kitchen, ketto. I have a tiny, dark little hole to work in. And I have one rectangular room to function as living room/dining room. I like to cook and bake from scratch...but my cooking has gone to hell and my baking has become near non-existant in this tiny hovel we live in. sad.gif
auralpoison
I have NO counter space. None. Even after tossing most of the decorative crap, no space.
koffeewitch
That sucks ass, AP. I have VERY little and it makes me crazy. I guess you get to prepare food on your table, on the stove top in the area between the burners (my favorite) or over the kitchen sink. My next place better have a functional kitchen godamnit!
candycane_girl
That sucks, AP. I have a small amount of counter space but it's because I have the following things on my counter: microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven and dish drainer. I wonder if I should just put the coffee maker away because I never use it. But my cabinet space is a bit limited.
turbojenn
I totally know how the "no counterspace" thing goes, AP. My first city apartment had exactly 12" of counterspace in the kitchen. Sucked bigtime. We helped solve the issue by covering a piece of particle board in a thick piece of plastic and stapled it down. I'd put that on the stove to have some prep space, and could set it over the sink while I was actually cooking, and move ingredients to the pan with a board scraper - it actually worked pretty well, and it was easy enough to wipe down the board with a sponge after cooking.

When we moved into our condo 7 years ago, I was SO thrilled to have lots of counter space (even if it was 1960's gold sparkly laminate). And now that we've remodeled the kitchen to my exact specifications - it's heaven. I'm a lucky girl.
ketto
I should clarify that "big bright kitchen" is still an apartment kitchen, so really not that big. But it is bright. Most apartments I saw had no kitchen windows and the lighting was dim and yellow. We have two kitchen windows and two big bright ceiling lights which make the room feel very pleasant. It's sort of a galley kitchen but it's decently wide. We had enough room at one end to fit a bar table pushed into a corner so we can eat in there. I'm going to post pictures once it's all finished being decorated. Sadly, I also have almost no counter space. There's only one section of counter that's about 1.5-2 feet long. I put a waist high plain wooden bookshelf in the kitchen and when we need more space I put the cutting boards on that. It's where I'm keeping the blender and food processor too. Since it's just two of us, it hasn't been a big issue so far.

I really am totally loving having the kitchen though. We had a few friends over on Saturday and half way through the evening I decided I wanted salsa, so I threw a few ingredients in the food processor and it was done in 5 minutes. I also made some bacon wrapped water chestnuts. Mmm...I'm drooling just thinking about them.
auralpoison
My kitchen is a good size & is airy & light, but my house is old. My less than six feet of counter space has cabinets over it & is set at a back breaking level. There is a sort of breakfast nook area where I crammed a vintage table in to do prep work that's not so bad, but I wind up doing prep in the living room on the coffee table. I'm a consummate multi-tasker, I find it easier to concentrate on things like watching tv if I'm doing something else. This coffee table was thrashed when I got here, so I don't care about the nicks it's incurred from a few imprecise knife movements.
koffeewitch
I LOVE old houses; and I love the old cabinetry from when everybody use to can things. I love the big, deep sinks that a lot of old houses still have. Give me a house from the 1930s or (better yet) even older.

My tiny kitchen is about 5 paces long and 2 paces wide. I could not even fit a double mattress on the floor if that gives you any idea. And dark...I have to carry my baked goods all the way into the living room to check the color with any degree of accuracy. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.