Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
quietmadness
Newsflash: Miss Oprah wants everybody to know she's "not gay."

Ummmm...okay?! Where did THAT come from?

She says her relationship with Gayle is so close, "it feels other-worldly in nature. Like it was guided by a hand unseen..." dry.gif

Ok, thanks for letting everyone know how "close" you and Miss Gayle are, Oprah. I just really needed to know that for personal fulfillment today.

What the fuck ever.
yuefie
Crazy In Fug, heh!

sandydarling
I read that Dave Navaro already has another girlfriend - some socialite. What the...heck, I'll say, is a socialite doing with Dave Navaro?!?
auralpoison
Um, slumming it? The guy has an impossibly fucked up background. Besides the whole rockstar junkie thing, he watched his mom & his aunt get murdered right in front of him as a teen. I've always thought he was one of those 'he needs me' types.

Good manners, though. Saw him on a small stage once & my friend had made him this really cool wallet chain & put stuff in it. During the break between songs he came up & thanked her for it & gave her a hug.
wombat
re Navarro:

I like the genuinely non-privileged creators. Some privleged/connected folks are cool too (ben stiller for one) but if you have to really work for it you're less likely to do bullshit, whereas some mediocrities can have careers in our faces for years because they have no obstacles. Hello Julianna Hatfield and "woofus" wainwright, I'm talking to YOU

-- maybe if Dave and Carmen were apart more, they'd still be together!! LOL
turbojenn
I'm sad for dave and carmen...I really liked them together, and I became hopelessly hooked on their MTV show, which I liked because it showed them as thoughtful, caring people, with a kinky streak, and I like that. And lets face it, Dave is hott.....
crazyoldcatlady
i think dave nav is hot...

...however, i fear that his bisexuality was just a rest stop on the way to Gaytown.
chani
oh wombat, dissing rufus?!! You ready to take this to the flamewar thread?!!!
auralpoison
QUOTE(wombat @ Jul 18 2006, 04:41 PM) *

re Navarro:

I like the genuinely non-privileged creators. Some privleged/connected folks are cool too (ben stiller for one) but if you have to really work for it you're less likely to do bullshit, whereas some mediocrities can have careers in our faces for years because they have no obstacles. Hello Julianna Hatfield and "woofus" wainwright, I'm talking to YOU

-- maybe if Dave and Carmen were apart more, they'd still be together!! LOL

I could give an aerial fornication about the monied/non-monied backgrounds of artists. I don't find either more or less genuine. Money can make things easier, but it doesn't mean that Dave wouldn't still be a fucked up little monkey had the shooting taken place in a Beverly Hills mansion. I was talking about personal tragedy & the unfortunate choices he's made over the years when I used the phrase 'slumming it'. For all I know she may be in recovery, too. I've known enough junkie/alcoholic musicians (Whether born rich or poor.) & in my experience they are often people with a *lot* of baggage. He may be a recovering addict, but if Dave's head was on straight in any way he'd have never done that *awful* stint with the RHCP or any other variety crap projects he's been involved with since the dissolution.

Somebody once told me that in Chinese medicine, anger resides in the liver & addicts often silence their anger with substance abuse.

He shore is purdy, though. Rocks the guyliner like no other.
turbojenn
mmmm.....makes me all warm and tingly inside thinking of those dark eyes so expertly lined....mmmmm...
pollystyrene
Re: Oprah and Gayle King- no matter what your opinion of Oprah is, I think it's sad that she has to come out (no pun intended!) and make a statement like that- it's like, well duh, you're best friends. Of course you spend lots of time together and talk on the phone a lot. Why do people, usually men, assume that if you spend a lot of time with another woman, you're automatically lesbians? I'm sure it has to do with the fact that Oprah's not married and doesn't seem to intend on getting married- well then she must be a lesbian.
doodlebug
This is a slightly old story, but did anyone read this bit where creepy old Michael Douglas chastises younger men for using cosmetics and being otherwise unmasculine? (Said the man who was recently photographed with oozing plastic surgery scars.)

Now, on a completely unrelated note wink.gif , who would like to take part in my informal poll? I'm calling it: "Who would you rather fuck? Michael Douglas or Eddie Izzard?"

sixelacat
Erm, my vote's a bit obvious on that one.... biggrin.gif
lilacwine13
*delurks*

Definitely Eddie, with a little Dave Navarro and Johnny Depp as a pirate thrown in for good measure. wink.gif
Michael Douglas is just too old and creepy for me.

*relurks*
sandydarling
Wombat, who are Julianna Hatfield's parents? I never knew she was 2nd generation anything, but she never impressed me. Nice hair, but that's about it.

I just liked when rock'n'roll was dirty and 'society' stayed far away. I guess I'm longing for a time that I never even experienced because it's been this way since the Beatles and the Stones started schmoozing socailites in the the sixties. Oh well...

Finally, I hate to be a negative nelly, but I don't like this new format. I can't tell what I'm doing when I post, and the whole look is confusing. Of course, I fear most change, so I'm sorry if others don't agree.

zoya
oh good lord, Eddie could fuck me three ways to sunday and it would not be enough. Preferrably if he was in make up and 4 inch stilettoes.

roseviolet
Yet another vote for Eddie here. Even without the makeup, his personality is sooooooo much more attractive. But he can keep the eyeliner on, as far as I'm concerned.

Pamela Anderson is going to marry Kid Rock. Eeeeeeeeeeewww!!!!
plynn
Anyone voting for Michael Douglas goes straight to my ignore list!

(just kidding, bustlets, but ewwwwwwwww. I've loathed Michael Douglas for going on 20 years now. He's always been gross)
mornington
eddie eddie eddie eddie. However he's dressed.

on the oprah thing, doesn't she live with her long-term boyfriend?
beckster
"arial fornication." Still grinning over that one, Aural!

Oh - and Eddie all the way.
jemisoutrageous
http://www.rathergood.com/hedgehogs/
crazyoldcatlady
wow. i need to get out more. i love when the right guy wears guyliner yet i've never heard that term before... must work that into daily convo somehow...
battygurl
Good poll doodle. I vote for Eddie.
doodlebug
So....let me see. Including my vote, it's now running like this:

Fuckability:
Eddie Izzard - 8 votes
Michael Douglas - 0 votes

Take that, Michael Douglas, with your boring anti-boys-in-makeup schtick.
amazonprincess
Make that 9 for Eddie. Michael Douglas=creepy

ps
like the rathergood
edna
god, Eddie, of course.

Pamela Anderson looks so creepy in recent photos that, I dunno, Kid Rock seems perfect for her.
periander
Ok not to be all about Michael Douglas as he truly is heinous now but I used to love him in his "Jewel of the Nile" days. I watch that movie over and over when I was 12.
bunnyb
And Romancing the Stone! I never fancied him but I loved the films. The Del Monte man look was a bit off-putting.

Where for at thou mandolyn? Are you avoiding this debate cos you know you're going to lose? mwah ;-)

If I really had to it would be Eddie, old Michael Douglas skeeves me out.
choofums

MD and EI are both pretty much out of the question for my tastes.

I would rather pass on both.

falljackets
jem, you just made me get caught laughing uncontrollably at my desk from that rathergood link. holy shit, i was afraid i was going to have to show it to my client to explain why i was laughing, but thankfully he just shook his head and kept going.

spam-purse. priceless.

i used to be in love with MD back in the romancing the stone days. but i agree, he's a hag now. if it came down to it, i'd def choose eddie, but i think he might be a mite too hyper for me. i think he'd be more fun to just hang out and toke and drink with while making fun of passersby.
sixelacat
There's a funny bit on the Circle DVD's extras where Eddie's obviously stoned and cracking himself up talking rubbish and just giggling his tits off.... laugh.gif
sybarite
MD in Basic Instinct wearing a v-neck sweater with nothing underneath, trying to dance with Sharon Stone... ew. Can't get past that image I'm afraid.
quietmadness
I'm sorry, Y'all. But I'm one of those loathesome creatures that finds the Douglas men attractive.

*waits patiently while tapping toes for the wrath of the Busty girls*

As for Miss Oprah, she still lives with Stedman.

I just don't understand it. It's like it just came out of nowhere, and then, "BAM! I'm not gay! I'm not gay!"

Maybe if I just had the statement(s) that brought that onslaught about...

I mean, I could give a shit whether someone's gay or not. But to walk around exclaiming whether you are or not just seems, ummm...wrong?!
carnescarnes
QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jul 20 2006, 03:19 PM) *

As for Miss Oprah, she still lives with Stedman.

I just don't understand it. It's like it just came out of nowhere, and then, "BAM! I'm not gay! I'm not gay!"

Maybe if I just had the statement(s) that brought that onslaught about...

I mean, I could give a shit whether someone's gay or not. But to walk around exclaiming whether you are or not just seems, ummm...wrong?!

One of the tabloids has a picture of Oprah and Gayle on the cover this week, proclaiming "Gayle moves in with Oprah! Stedman humiliated!" (I can't remember which one but I saw it on the newsstand yesterday.) I'm gonna guess that's the reason for the announcement.

And surprise suprise, Pammy makes yet another questionable love life choice... though I do have to think that Kid Rock couldn't possibly be worse than Tommy Lee.
moxiegirl
actually, i kind of dig kid rock, in a homeboy sort of way. i guess he reminds me of the kind of folks i went to grade-high school with. Really similar communities, his hometown and mine- although on opposite sides of the "D." Pam and Kid Rock just strike me as the 2 people who would get together even if they weren't famous...just slightly slutty Pammy and slightly greasy Bobby. I wonder if I'll see them together around town soon...we used to when they were together last...
vesicapisces
QUOTE(moxiegirl @ Jul 20 2006, 12:56 PM) *

actually, i kind of dig kid rock
Gotta admit, although I don't care for his music, he does seem like he might be kinda fun to hang with. Also, thanks to THS, I know that he really does enjoy "yodeling in the valley", as it were, and you gotta like a guy who enthusiastically goes down. wink.gif
doodlebug
jeebus, sixel and FJ...now I really want to smoke a doob with Eddie Izzard. Damn.

Didn't Michael Douglas once make some comments once about how awful feminism and feminists are?
celimene
Kid Rock was actually really funny in his role playing himself as a guest star on Fat Actress.

I don't think I would do Eddie OR Michael.

Has anybody seen the trailer for a new show with Skeet Ulrich on CBS this fall called Jericho? It looks really cool and I think he is super hot - a young B version of Johnny Depp.

Also, I'm so excited Weeds is coming back for season 2 on showtime starting August 10th!
anoushh
I have nothing original in the way of gossip to consider, but the last time Michael Douglas didn't totally gross me out (as in, make me want to scrub myself with a wire brush after just looking at a picture of him) was when he was in The China Syndrome.

I'd do Eddie Izzard in a second. I don't know why it's so pronounced, but whenever I see him I get all hot and bothered. And smokers really turn me right off (I keep imagining how they smell) and even the sight of him smoking doesn't totally put me off. I'd vastly prefer with at least a bit of makeup, but I wouldn't be turning him away if he wasn't in drag.

So I get Eddie Izzard if I ever have the chance, and the mister gets Felicity Huffman. That's our deal.
ginger_kitty
Okay I am not at all attracted to Kid Rock, but I did seem a special with him hanging out w/ Jesse James which made him seem really laid back and down to earth. So I think I could definately hang out w/him. But not Pam A. she is yucky.

And I heart Eddie Izzard. I adore witty, intelligent men!
edna
Kid Rock's guitar player is an old friend of one of my ex-bfs. Third-hand report has always been that he's actually a pretty good guy. But he just looks a little too ewww to me.
turbojenn
My mom taught Kid Rock in HS for about 6 months...she was doing a behavior disorder classroom at the time. She classified him as a real shit, who has a good heart but doesn't want anyone to see it. Oh, and a budding alcoholic. Her real problems were with the parents who were too busy to ever show up to teacher conferences and educational planning meetings.
girlygirlgag
I know I am going to sound weird, but there is somethign about Pam A that I really like. She seems to not give a crap about what people think about her and stands up for her beliefs. And boobs.
moxiegirl
ggg- i kind of agree...i'm not any kind of protofeminist, and I do think Pam is one pretty cool chick- even with the fako books and big hair. Hell, those things are part of her job, right?
vesicapisces
Fucking Naomi Campbell got arrested again, this time for causing a disturbance at an ex-boyfriend's home (she apparently wanted to get some of her stuff back from him.) Damn, is someone going to finally sentence her to some anger management classes or something? ohmy.gif
karianne
Geez, someone does need to crack the whip on Naomi. Get a grip, woman.
lucizoe
Someone needs to steal her stash. Woman is acting tweaked out of her mind.
sybarite
I saw Eddie Izzard do a Q + A session at a film festival once. He was funny, charismatic and a little tiddly.
ritahayworth
I'd choose Eddie, because it would be not choosing crreeeeeeppppyyyyy Michael Douglas. Just thinking of the sweater and the dancing makes me a wee bit nauseous.

And Dave Navarro is totally my shameful celebrity crush. I'm mortified, I'm ashamed, but I love him and his eyeliner, and I'm actually saddened about him and Carmen.

mouse
count me in as another pro-pammie. i like bitch magazine most of the time (hell, my work is in the latest issue) but their "jane petty criticism corner" always pissed me the fuck off because it was so hypocritical. nine times out of ten the complaint would be "so jane has pamela anderson on the cover again......so jane has another column about pamela anderson.......so jane blah blah blah blah pamela anderson". as if there's something so antifeminist about a woman who stands up for the choices she's made, is raising two kids on her own with her personally earned money, doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of her, and is a visible spokesperson for both peta and hepatitis. sure, pammie doesn't have her masters, but does that make her any less strong?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.