Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
wombat
Pam Anderson is just tack-ugly. Shave off the eyebrows and draw in fakes, wear bright orange lipgloss WAYYYY over the lip line -- eyewww.

I don't give a hoot if she made a lot on MONEY and yammers hyprocritically about charities.

She doesn't have anything to say besides "I'm so HOT!"

and -- she's not.

I thought it was really skeevey of her to say Tommy Lee gave her hepatitis C when they broke up. He doesn't have it. Spreading a fake rumor like that shows a real mean, spiteful, deceitful and narcissistic nature. Kid Rock better watch his ass.
squidmo
The one thing about Pamela that I always found amusing is that somehow, she manages to be considered a sex symbol whilst looking like a drag queen. She is more like a parody of women; she has a Jayne Mansfield quality about her in that sense. I don't see how she is still so popular, though. Did anyone sit through an episode of Stacked?
anna k
I'm surprised people still pay attention to her. She seems so 90's and dated.

She looked so pretty in the early 90's before she wore a ton of makeup and amped up her boobs.
crazyoldcatlady
Ani DiFranco's preggers
choofums
QUOTE(wombat @ Jul 21 2006, 09:39 PM) *

I thought it was really skeevey of her to say Tommy Lee gave her hepatitis C when they broke up. He doesn't have it. Spreading a fake rumor like that shows a real mean, spiteful, deceitful and narcissistic nature. Kid Rock better watch his ass.

Well, I think it might be a good guess that if she was involved with someone who did hard drugs, and she did not.... chances are she got exposed thru him. It can take up to 30 years for HepC to start manifesting symptoms.... so say she is skeevy or not, but Iw ould not be in the least bit surprised if she were telling the truth.
quietmadness
Evidently Miss Britney and K-Fed are going to do another season of their "reality" show. Seems they're going to be RENEWING THEIR VOWS, too. After two whole years!

Ummm...
pollystyrene
Doh, catlady, you beat me to it! Yay for Ani!
amazonprincess
So happy for Ani!
punkerplus
Yay Ani! She's going to make a brilliant mum.
mermaidgirl13
Double D'oh! You beat me to it too!

It was an exciting moment when she announced it at the Conference. She is pretty soft spoken and I was glad I was right in the second row. She said "I am on a little journey into the epicenter of women's power... which is to say that I am twelve weeks pregnant" and everyone went absolutely nuts, standing up and cheering for her. Then she said, "everyone should get an applause like that for getting through their first trimester."
lucizoe
"epicenter of women's power"?

I dunno...that phrase is not sitting well with me at the moment. But yay for another potential feminist!
pagangrrl
Luci--It struck me as an odd statement for someone like her to make. If I let my eggs dry up then I can't be a powerful woman?

Meh, I'm just bitchy.
lucizoe
(pagangrrrl, I rambled a bit about it over in the childfree thread if you're interested - but, yeah, totally)
anoushh
I'm pregnant and agree that I should also have got a standing ovation for getting through the first trimester (and making it to work every day but one!). But I don't feel right about that statement, either.
mermaidgirl13
Yeah, it was weird. She rambled a lot of similar stuff before that, but that was the sentence leading up to actually announcing it.
choofums

I was skipping thru channels last night and there was a big debate over Dakota Fanning and her latest role. Evidently she portrays a 12 year old that is raped. Many of the people interviewed were concerned that children should not be exposed to such things( portraying disturbing scenes) .. even if they do seem to be mature for thier age...

Then they also showed a montage of Jodi Foster nad Brooke Shields as prostitutes... but none of the clips showed the young Linda Blair in her role as Regan in the Exorcist.... which leads me to my question... it seems ok for children to be exposed to things like the supernatural or murder scenes... but now they are making such a big deal over Dakotas Rape scene... is it because she is America's darling, or is rape just too taboo?
catsoup
Very interesting thought, Choffums. I've often questioned how a sex scene in a movie can get the movie R-rated but a ton of violence is ok. I think her being America's darling is part of the problem. She's a cute little blonde girl with big blue eyes and we wouldn't want her to be "ruined", not would we?

Just out of curiousity, what movie is Dakota Fanning in? I ask because I heard Lovely Bones (or whatev that book was called - I'm not awake yet) is being made into a movie and I hope she isn't playing the lead.
wombat
I'm a little freaked out by Tina Fey leaving SNL. At least it's for another show and not "I want to spend time with my family"

I get kinda skeeved when powerful women leave public jobs for that reason because it plays into the old idea that since women will leave to have babies anyway, don't bother to give them any power or money.

Don't jump on me though, I do understand that it is both difficult and very important to raise a child. And, most likely, Tina Fey is compromising by having her own small show instead of being in a pressure cooker like SNL where she worked long hours and the power politics were intense.

I'm happy for anyone who can care about their children and also keep the rest of their life going...
You deserve kudos for sure.
kittenb
I didn't get the impression that Tina Fey is leaving for a small show. Isn't it going to be a prime time NBC comedy?
themasochistmuse
Sorry if my reply to choofums is a bit late... but I fully agree.

I understand a rape scene is a very delicate thing, but so is murder! And yet kids now are pretty sterilized with sights of murder on the news, movies, and in their video games... I'm not saying to censor everything either... but it seems they like to pick what gets an R-rating differently than they should.
Like The Exorcist, which is a perfect example... why didnt they say something about a little girl playing THAT role? It deals heavily with the supernatural and demons, I mean- you have to explain to them the meaning of it so they can grasp their role correctly, right? I'm not sure I'd enjoy hearing that people can become possesed... at least at such an early age. O_o Talk about paranoia! haha.
kittenb
I would like to see Dakota Fanning as the lead in The Lovely Bones. I love that book.

A month or so ago I found the weirdest conversation on www.imbd.com regarding how that rape/murder scene should be done. It was kind of disturbing.
auralpoison
Supposedly George Michael has once again been caught bein' cruisy, not with an under cover cop, but with some nearly sixty year old civilian. It "wasn't full sex, but it was fantastic."
jezabelle
I wonder whats wrong with him, this has happened how many times now? I thought he said he was happy, and wasn't he supposed to be getting married to his life partner? Or have I missed something? (which is quite possible)
snafooey
As far as I know, Yog (we go way back, so I can call him by his childhood nickname wink.gif ) is happily involved in a longterm open relationship.
jezabelle
So he's not getting married? Did he mention he was in an open relationship when he was on Oprah, thats where I thought I heard he was getting married. I wonder what his partner thinks of all of this, the drugs and the random sex - it's actually kind of sad!
choofums

the movie they are all up in arms over is called Hounddog.. starring Dakota Fanning.

snafooey
I didn't see the Oprah episode. I know (according to, uh, Behind the Music unsure.gif ) that his partner took the first incident (how many have there been - is this the second or the third he's been arrested?) in stride. By now he probably just wishes he'd be more discreet. If it's an open relationship (and you can get married and still be in an open relationship), they probably have the rules worked out and it's possible that anonymous sex may even be preferable to various regular partners (as far as not establishing commitments outside the primary relationship).
pollystyrene
The Lovely Bones entry on imdb says Dakota Fanning is still rumored to play Susie. I don't know how I feel about that. Based on "Heavenly Creatures" I trust Peter Jackson to direct it....and I don't have anyone else in mind to play Susie (or any other characters, really) but I just don't know about Dakota Fanning. She seems like a nice kid, maybe just a little too self-aware or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.
anoushh
I hope she doesn't. I too don't know why--it just doesn't feel right. That said, I'm not so sure I'm in favor of making a movie of the book (which I loved.)

I was always rather fond of the actor Mako, who has died.
carnescarnes
Nooo! I liked Mako on MASH.
vesicapisces
I thought the character in The Lovely Bones was older, like 15? In any case, can't imagine cutesy DF playing the part.
girlygirlgag
I am sad about tina Fey leaving SNL, Rachel Dratch, too. But they are not leaving for a "little show", it is a prime time sitcom, Tina wrote. I am happy the two ladies will be together, but I have to say that tina Fey and Amy Poehler are my favorite weekend update team.

Tracy Morgan is going to beon her new show too, and I adore him!
snafooey
From what I've heard, SNL is a total pressure cooker and their hours are insane (you typically work all night leading up to broadcast and then just spend the next couple of days recovering - a "lazy Sunday" of waking up in the late afternoon and catching a movie, for example, is probably an easier lifestyle to accomodate if you're twentysomething and/or childless). Moving to a new show will still be a ton of work and a huge time investment, but it'll probably be less taxing and possibly more prestigious, depending on its success.
jezabelle
According to D-listed George and his man have spilt...
http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/07/but-it...ture-kenny.html
snafooey
Yeah, I'm guessing George getting caught in yet another compromising situation doesn't really help matters - whatever the nature of their relationship was, having your partner busted by the media probably doesn't exactly strengthen a partnership. But I still think what happened is more of a symptom of the problem than the root cause. I doubt it was an issue of him cheating on him so much as this current public shaming was probably the last straw.
sixelacat
Somehow, I doubt George is terribly embarrassed by this latest. Annoyed, perhaps, by the media attention and not being able to cruise without being harrassed. I'm surprised that Kenny would break up with him over it, though. I mean, they've been together 10 years. I would think Kenny would know him well enough to know he likes to cruise. I know George likes to cruise for anonymous sex, for Pete's sake! And I really shouldn't know that much about anyone I'm not personally aquainted with tongue.gif .

Of course, it's not like we have any real idea what goes on their relationship, but still....
snafooey
That's what I mean - the public scrutiny is probably wearing them down (I'm sure it's much worse in the UK than it is in North America) more than George's actual cruising. But yeah, no one really knows what goes on between two people. I've never been involved in a non-monogamous (as far as I know) relationship, but I can't imagine that I'd be too pleased if my partner's exploits were all over the news no matter what kind of arrangement we had.
anna k
I was skipping thru channels last night and there was a big debate over Dakota Fanning and her latest role. Evidently she portrays a 12 year old that is raped. Many of the people interviewed were concerned that children should not be exposed to such things( portraying disturbing scenes) .. even if they do seem to be mature for thier age...

I had thought the same of watching Bastard Out of Carolina. Even though the rape/violent scenes were choreographed, it still creeped me out to see a man thrusting on top of a little girl. Jena Malone was about 11 at the time, and did a fantastic job for being so young and new to movies.

Natalie Portman too. For being only 11, she had a lot of style and panache for playing a street urchin, and I was surprised by how mature she seemed playing that part.

It's a reality and I don't mind if it's depicted in movies, but not at the expense of the child actors to be "shocking" or to get a kid nude to freak out the audience while tilitating people at the same time.

And is Dakota Fanning the only child actress in Hollywood? I know she's the most bankable, but that girl must be worn out.

I used to confuse her with Skye McCole Bartusiak. They are both small blonde girls and played a lot of girls in trouble/young versions of adult characters/children of stars. They seemed pretty interchangeable. Now Dakota's huge and I can't remember the last thing Skye was in.
funjules
Well, it's about.damn.time:

http://www.nbc4i.com/entertainment/9577902/detail.html

Not that it's anyone's business or anything, but it must be a huge relief for him not to have to deny who he is anymore. Good for him.

Though I do think the sub headline should have read "World Says 'Gee, Really? You Don't Say!'" laugh.gif
sixelacat
Apt when George Michael is also in the news, because it's about as surprising as when he came out. I think the general reaction was like "really? So you're saying the earth goes around the sun, then....who knew?!"

Of course, some people around my parts will no doubt be surprised, as they were with George. But these are the folks who still persist in thinking Liberace was just stylish laugh.gif ....
anna k
I was surprised that people thought George was straight in the '80s, more around the Faith era. My dad said he thought he was straight. George even dated the female makeup artist featured in the I Want Your Sex video for awhile.

I don't care who Lance Bass prefers. He creeps me out.
auralpoison
Gee, Lance. Did he really think we didn't know? There were pics of his boyfriend sharing the same pair of cheesy jeans with him.
dusty
Heh heh. I remember when Elton John got married the first time...
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 26 2006, 06:22 PM) *

Gee, Lance. Did he really think we didn't know? There were pics of his boyfriend sharing the same pair of cheesy jeans with him.

Seriously, now they will be reporting that the Earth is round.
vesicapisces
GGG, good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.
jezabelle
Apparently the Kenny and George wedding is back on...LOL!!!
http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/07/wedding-is-back-on.html
sixelacat
Now, that's more like what I expected from them. Except, a million quid?! Now that's an asshole remark! Kenny does look a bit annoyed, and George is just looking haggard....
bunnyb
Baby Shiloh has already been turned into waxwork! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5219448.stm) whereas baby Suri IS a wax sculpture or invisible or non-existent.
jezabelle
I think those looks so creepy! The whole Suri situation is just strange! Isn't/wasn't she supposed to be nursing? What was the baby eating, 'cause she was always out and about all the time. Unless she pumped or is pumping galore. I nursed 4 kids, and let me tell you they were practically attached to me for the first 3 months. And why would you shelter your child so much, can you imagine the kid "making strange" all her life. It's all so weird, but what do we expect from Tom Cruise and Scientology. I definitely don't understand how anyone can follow it, give money to it, etc.?!!
karianne
I read in US magazine that that actress who is in the King of Queens...what is her name....I can't remember...anyhow, she says that she has seen baby Suri. Hmmm. Interesting.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.