Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
dusty
One of our local radio stations runs an ad campaign that goes along the lines of "Drink all you want, just don't drive". Yikes. There is so much damage you can do when you get really, really drunk, and really, if you drink enough, you are more likely to lose your judgment about drinking and driving. I don't know what the answer is.

So ya, I think we can hold Mel to his anti-semitic remarks.
yuefie
Oh my, you are right bunny! I missed some others too, I was just going off the top of my head but yeah, Matt Stone is tops on that list.

(S)Mel Gibson has irked me for a loooong time. A very close friend of mine is related to one of the executive producers for "What Women Want" and she visited the set and met some of the cast and crew. She said word was he is a complete jerk and a chauvinist too. Eh, no big suprise there.

girlygirlgag
QUOTE(yuefie @ Aug 2 2006, 07:24 PM) *

Oh my, you are right bunny! I missed some others too, I was just going off the top of my head but yeah, Matt Stone is tops on that list.

(S)Mel Gibson has irked me for a loooong time. A very close friend of mine is related to one of the executive producers for "What Women Want" and she visited the set and met some of the cast and crew. She said word was he is a complete jerk and a chauvinist too. Eh, no big suprise there.

Next thing you know, peope are going to say that Lance Bass is gay! wink.gif laugh.gif
yuefie
QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Aug 2 2006, 12:28 PM) *
Next thing you know, peope are going to say that Lance Bass is gay! wink.gif laugh.gif

Bwahahahahaa! GGG, you crack my shit up!

bunnyb
Easily done! You can't make a full list of those who could show Mr Gibson who really own Hollywood wink.gif .

Why is it that big, bankable, male stars of the '80s who have maintained a career and still make movies (gibson, cruise, douglas...) are all huge a***holes?

My impression of the cancellation of Holocaust documentary Gibson was doing was that it was not because he was doing a denial of the Holocaust (a'la his father as there's no way he could get away with that before this) but something run of the mill/not too supportive that he thought would save his career after Passion and stop the critics from thinking he was an anti-semite. Yup, that's why they pulled it - cos that was not going to wash with the industry or the public any more.
girlygirlgag
I think Mel lost all his human compassion after he castrated his mullet. His mullet possessed all of his regard for other living beings, kind fo like Samson, but intstead of losing strength, Mel lost all his common sense and human qualities.
yuefie
QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Aug 2 2006, 12:42 PM) *
I think Mel lost all his human compassion after he castrated his mullet. His mullet possessed all of his regard for other living beings, kind fo like Samson, but intstead of losing strength, Mel lost all his common sense and human qualities.
That is one of the most fabulous theories I've ever heard. Evar.

jezabelle
Elisabeth Hasselback is an idiot! I don't begrudge anyone from their personal opinions, but to get so upset when someone doesn't agree with yours. Or thinks your opinion is unrealistic, is ridiculous. Thats SUPPOSED to be the type of show they're on. She calls it being passionate, I call it being a control freak!
check out the two videos...
http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/tv_news/...ut_20060802.php
-and
http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/tv_news/...ng_20060802.php
snafooey
She basically shoots her own argument in the foot - if it's really about saving a life then that life should be no less important (according to her original logic) whether it was conceived in a loving, happy union or in a situation where rape was involved. I think the whole "We'll make a special allowance in cases of rape or incest but only those cases" stance is what reveals the fallacy in the entire pro-life argument; basically, if you've been raped, you have our sympathy, but otherwise you're just a big slut. It's not about the potential life at all.
yuefie
Hmm, does she feel more passionately about her "being right" or keeping her job?

snafooey
What counts as "passion" from Elisabeth would totally be dismissed as frothing-at-the-mouth militant feminism if it came from the other side.
yuefie
Amen to that, snaf.

girlygirlgag
What the hell are her credentials to speak publicly about anything besides being a reality TV star and married to a jock?

Seriously. It's like if I started a talk show and focused on physics, my opinions on it, which is, it is too hard, forget about physics, let's focus on clay and jewelry!
raisingirl
Once again, word to the Snaf! wub.gif Oh gosh, I just love how the sage Barbara chastized bratty Elisabeth about getting all riled up -- but then she had to ruin it in the second clip because it's like they give baby Elisabeth free reign to say whatever the flip she wants because she's the young person whose passion they love. At least Barbara is a fuckin' professional who keeps her opinions to herself. And does anyone ever get the sense that they make special allowances for the young & dumb little girl -- oh, isn't she cute the way she gets all worked up about life beginning at conception! You're right, if she were on the other side, on OUR FEMINIST SIDE, she wouldn't even be on the show. Give me a break.

Why the hell didn't Lisa Loeb say more?

I hate "The View" anyway.
cranberrigirl
I too, can't stand the View But- the best part of the clip was Joy's face while Elizabeth is spatting off. And hi Lisa Loeb for being a singer- yet very calm and collected when speaking.

I watch The View from time to time like a car wreck I can't turn away from, and Elizabeth is always having emotional outbreaks about anything like this, especiallly about marriage and god also.

I barely remember when she was cute on Survior with the farmer. Now she makes me want to stick forks in my eyes.
ginger_kitty
I loathe the View!!!!

*bangs head on desk*

I think it's for women that enjoy the Lifetime network when they feel like catching up on current events. Although I didn't like watching Barbra Walters tip toe around the issues in that clip, I felt like ignorant Elizabeth was completely out of line. And WTF was the audience clapping about? What points were clap worthy in that discussion? Joy should leave the show she is too good for that.

Lisa Loeb is adorable!!! I wish she would have spoken up more!

*crosses fingers and prays the View will be canceled!!!*
snafooey
I think the audience was clapping for Barbara? I'm not sure.

I never watch that show other than the clips that appear online, but I'm considering writing them a letter asking them why exactly they thought E.H. would be a good replacement for Lisa Ling (I remember her from the brief period when I did watch the show - it used to be on here at 3 in the morning for some reason and I'd stumble upon it when my schedule was particularly out of whack). Is it some kind of liberal conspiracy to expose the Stepford conservative agenda? I have no idea. But yeah, Raisingirl is right - Elisabeth's feminist counterpart (better-spoken, though, I hope) would never be allowed on a show like that. Yeah, you've got Joy Behar, but she's funny and non-threatening, not "fiery."
choofums
Lisa Loeb is adorable... how could she speak up... that bitch would not let ANYONE get ina word edgewise.... she needs a good toothkickin.
raisingirl
QUOTE(snafooey @ Aug 2 2006, 10:10 PM) *

Is it some kind of liberal conspiracy to expose the Stepford conservative agenda?

RIGHT?! Oh, I think Lisa Ling left The View to move onward and upward to a better opportunity, some National Geographic travel-type show. Wow, that's a metaphor right there, isn't it? Leaving the Stepford circle of women on a living room-type of TV set for the great wilderness of National Geographic stuff all around the world. Yeah, Lisa Ling was too good (too smart, too challenging) for The View.

Come to think of it, Joy is too good/too smart for The View, too. It's like she's slummin' it, career-wise, by being on that show. She could do so much better and I, too, think she is playing herself down with the funny and non-threatening stance.
jezabelle
"Mel From hunk to drunk"
http://usmagazine.com/2006/600/melgibson/morph.php
cstars124
Plan B has saved my ass a bunch of times. I'm not so irresponsible as to not use protection when having sex, however i'm not responsible enough to become a mother at 20-21 years old. So, if I need to hop on down to my local planned parenthood and pick up a little pill to prevent that from happening when the condom just so happens to break, I'm gonna do it. Fuck that Hassleback woman.

And it really makes me scared to think that there are people who want the goverment to control what we do with our bodies.
jezabelle
The way I see it, when the "church" and government start to pay for medical costs, food, clothing AND daycare until the child is 18. Then MAYBE they should be able to make other suggestions regarding our bodies and pregnancies, but never the control they think they should have!
misspissed
right on, jezabelle.
tempest
I just watched the first View clip, and other than Elisabeth pouting like preschooler when Barbara calmly admonished her, what struck me in the most WTF? sense was her tangent about "people who want the government to let them do what they want, but still want universal healthcare."

If anything, being informed about my reproductive choices is a part of being informed of various medical options for conditions and wanting those options to be made available to anyone who needs them, not just people who have insurance or the resources to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars. Or, in this case, who can get to a pharmacy that won't obstruct a prescription.

Sigh. What a faux-celebrity idiot.

And jezabelle, you hit the nail on the head.

chachaheels
QUOTE(tempest @ Aug 3 2006, 10:25 PM) *

I just watched the first View clip, and other than Elisabeth pouting like preschooler when Barbara calmly admonished her, what struck me in the most WTF? sense was her tangent about "people who want the government to let them do what they want, but still want universal healthcare."

Oh, I see: universal health care, that I pay into via my taxes, means I must trade my rights to determine for myself my own fertility becuase the government some how "owns" me because it can use my money to pay my MD whenever I need care?

I did not care for Barbara Walters and her starfuckery before, but you have to wonder why it is she'd let herself be associated with someone this dumb. On her TV show. And pay her to be there.

Then again, didn't ABC pay John Stossel to do 20/20 as a host? I guess I shouldn't expect a lot of brain power on that network.
sidecar
her tangent about "people who want the government to let them do what they want, but still want universal healthcare."

By that token, I pay for my healthcare. My employer covers some of the cost (and when we were on my husband's insurance, we paid 100 percent of my premiums in addition to copays) but largely, it is my money that is going to my healthcare. Shouldn't, by that logic, I be able to get what I want medically?

Her whole argument is a giant strawman. I feel retroactively bad for thinking she was cute on Survivor.

Although ... I will say this: I wonder if some of the conservatism isn't an act to get her more attention. Not that I want to excuse her freakout or the fact that she spouts this nonsense, but there's something about her "I'm a put-upon conservative" act that rings false to me.
jezabelle
QUOTE(sidecar @ Aug 4 2006, 12:34 AM) *

Although ... I will say this: I wonder if some of the conservatism isn't an act to get her more attention. Not that I want to excuse her freakout or the fact that she spouts this nonsense, but there's something about her "I'm a put-upon conservative" act that rings false to me.

She is a Republican Robot, it's almost like her views have been programmed into her! She appeared more crazy than passionate, because I don't think she had true feelings behind her statements besides trying to be "right"
snafooey
I just e-mailed both Barbara and Elisabeth - mostly just cutting and pasting what I wrote here, but adding that I would welcome a thoughtful, intelligent and articulate conservative voice because Hasselbeck doesn't seem to have one. Apparently they read their e-mail everyday so I shouldn't be surprised if "you see something in your inbox" or if my name is mentioned on the air - whoo hoo! tongue.gif They're on hiatus for a month or something anyway, according to ABC - then they bring in Rosie. I'd actually watch that.
dusty
Ya, 'cause everyone knows we have compulsory sterilization programs here in Canada, because of the universal health care thing. Not. dry.gif
raisingirl
Snaf, if they do end up reading your letter on the air, you better put it up on You Tube (or someone around here who's technically inclined)! That would be awesome.

And in the interest of the train wreck phenomenon, it will be interesting to see if Rosie stirs shit up on the show. I like her even though she has poor judgment/taste when it comes to musicals. ohmy.gif
aquagirl3
Gaaah! I have felt so left out because my username wasn't working. I had to get a new one.

Mel certainly has taken a turn for the worse. And he looks like such a gross, skeevy old man in those partying pictures with the girls. yuck. To think I used to luuuuuv him. He is SO the right-wing guy that pretends to be all moralistic with his 40 year marriage and 17 kids and has been sleeping with a succession of 19 year olds for years. Or at the very least, is a sexually-harassing asshole. But I am 99.99% sure he cheats on his wife constantly. (**Sue me for slander? You'll never find me!**)
jezabelle
I don't think I like Rosie much, and it has nothing to do with her personal choices. I just found her to be really annoying on her show, and in any appearance I've seen her in before and after. although I'm sure she has a side of her thats for when the cameras aren't on, and maybe I'd appreciate that side of her more. But from what I've seen so far, I don't think she'd be my pick as a friend. I really hope she adds some much needed variety to "the View", without coming across as being too pushy with her opinion. I think she should be firm, but not force it down everyones throat! We have Dr. Phil for that type of advice and opinion! Is his show still on?
cstars124
I don't know if Dr. Phil's show is still on. But i know he's doing the match.com thing now. Like telling singles how they need to change their life to find a significant other. Lame.

I always liked Rosie though. I'm not sure why. Even with the weird haircut that everyone gave her crap for. I felt like if I didn't have parents and no relatives to take me in, I would have wanted Rosie to be my legal caretaker. She's funny and we're both all about the musicals, (except seussical cause i'm not sure what that was all about).
girlygirlgag
Did you see the made for tv movie Riding The Bus With My Sister,, where Rosie played a developmentally disbaled adult? Yikes. It was a little over the top!!! I know it is bad, but I could not take her seriously and I kept laughing!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420128/
greenbean
I wrote ElisaBARF too!
Heres my letter:

"Sweetie, get a clue. Sex is not just for making babies. Some people enjoy it for recreation, and sometimes there are consequences. A responsible adult will not bring a baby into the world that is not wanted. I had to use Plan B before, and I don't regret it for a second. It was to PREVENT a potential pregnancy,..I wasn't already pregnant,.. if I was, Plan B wouldn't have worked. Wouldn't you rather I PREVENT a pregnancy as opposed to aborting a fetus?"
zora
Dr Phil said on fuckin, Jay Leno, that's it, that he supports Mel Gibson and that "You can't fault someone for what they say when they are under the influence of alcohol."
And then the audience clapped.
jezabelle
QUOTE(zora @ Aug 4 2006, 04:34 PM) *

Dr Phil said on fuckin, Jay Leno, that's it, that he supports Mel Gibson and that "You can't fault someone for what they say when they are under the influence of alcohol."
And then the audience clapped.

Are you serious? Joan Rivers was on Canada Am this morning, and apparently her daughter lives in Mel Gibson's area and has for awhile. She goes on to say thats it's been a known fact that Mel Gibson is anti-semetic, and he doesn't hide it either. He apparently has a car with a license plate cover that says "honk for Hitler" and another that says "I support the gas chamber" or something like that, if not exact these are very close to what she said! Now I can't say I LOVE Joan Rivers either, but she did not seem to be exaggerating about this!
anoushh
I don't think even Mel would be that publically stupid. At least a minder or agent or someone would crack down on that.

I HATE that stupid "Dr" Phil. He is just getting his jollies in the guise of "helping" people by being cruel to them.

But that think about not being responsible when you drink--WTF?????
girlygirlgag
Joan Rivers is a comedian, comments like that are her schtick. Not even the leader of White Aryan Resistance, Tom Metzger would be as stupid to put that on his license plate.
mouse
man, this thread is getting so upsetting! where is the bad plastic surgery and the breakup-make-ups? *whine*
aquagirl3
Seriously, mouse. Anti-semitism and reproductive rights are shanghai-ing the Celebrity gossip thread and making me think too much! Let's get back to Paris Hilton saying she has sworn off casual sex for a year (but she's back with Stavros, so of course they're madly in love and it's not "casual").

**disclaimer**attempt at humour; aquagirl enjoys both Mouse's comment and all the Mel/Elizapuke chat.
mouse
thx for the disclaimer, aqua--i don't mean that i don't want to think about things, it was rather more of a
"wow, this world is pretty depressing" comment. and i hardly think that mel and elizabeth said anything thought-provoking---none of us here have been inspired to reconsider our views on the jewish community or the availability of plan b. it's more of a sort of hopelessness and outrage.
vesicapisces
OK, so nosey/behind-the-times me wants to know what Mel said. All I'm hearing is "anti-semitic tirade" and today on Yahoo News it says that the sheriff's dept. won't release the tape until/unless it becomes public record (as a result of a trial, which they said probably won't happen.) So what'd he say, what'd he say?

And on a different note: Elvis Presley's "beloved" teddy bear was supposed to be put on display in a museum in the UK, but a guard dog apparently got jealous of the attention the bear was getting from his handler and after hours he GUTTED and RIPPED THE HEAD OFF of the bear.

That one made me laugh like a fool.
punkerplus
The teddy thing is the truth. Made slightly more funny (IMHO) by the fact the bear was worth £40,000. For a teddy bear.

Sheesh, I don't get the celebrity obsession things *realises irony as she posts in a celebrity gossip thread*
aquagirl3
Oh, my god that is so funny. I can't wait to see what Jon Stewart does with it. Wait a second! He will leave it for Stephen! Stephen hates bears! This is fabulous! That dog will be one of the HEROES, or perhaps he will get a TIP OF THE HAT.

(Apologies to non-Colbert-fans)
snafooey
Vesica, he said "Fucking Jews" and that ""The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." He also called the female officer "Sugartits."

I dunno. When I'm piss drunk (which apparently he was not, though he'd had too much to drive) I tend to hug a lot of people and make "raise the roof" hand gestures while saying, "Look everyone, I'm making a pizza!" rolleyes.gif I'm not especially proud of that behaviour, but if those kind of sentiments are what alcohol reveals of his character, I'm not about to write it off so easily.
mouse
the saying "in vino veritas" has been around for thousands of years, and is one of my favorites ("in wine there is truth"). alchohol doesn't make you something you're not--it makes you something you wouldn't be if you were paying attention and bothering to censor yourself as necessary.

eta: snafooey, you sound like an adorable drunk tongue.gif
marileen
Vesica - TMZ.com gives quotes and a pretty good summary of what Mel said - I think it also links to copies of the police report they got.

I just read that on Scarborough Country that they got one of the producers to drink until he reached Mel's blood alcohol level to see what would happen in a very unscientific study. He said something along the lines of, "Yep, I'm buzzed but I'm still really glad Hitler's dead!"

And I'm with you Snaf - Mel really can't blame booze for the tirade - drunk people tend to tell lies more along the lines of: "I love you," "You're my best friend!" or "I can kick your ass" not anti-semitic or racist stuff. Mel saying he "owns Malibu" and is going to "f---" the deputy who arrested him? Yep, that sounds like typical angry drunk talk. The rest of what he said just shows he's a sexist anti-semitic creep.

The View women are such idiots - especially Elisabarf but even Barbara. They were discussing Plan B like it is an abortifacient when it is a form of birth control that helps PREVENT pregnancy, etc etc. I wish they wouldn't even talk about these kinds of issues in the first place if they aren't going to become informed on medical facts first and have reference material in front of them so they don't inadvertently tell lies to viewers. I really hope when Rosie O'Donnell comes on the show that she stirs everybody up and raises hell. Those women all need to be more up on their talking point before they open their mouths.

And so I add some fluffier gossip here, this is from Page 6, under the headline, "Like, A Nitwit":

Paris Hilton wants the world to know she doesn't sleep around. "I've only done it with, like, a couple of boyfriends," she tells British GQ. "People think I sleep with everyone, but I'm not like that. I like kissing, but that's all I do. I'm not having sex for a year, I've decided. I'll kiss but nothing else." The hotel heir-head also showed off her knowledge of global issues when asked if she dug British Prime Minister Tony Blair. "Who's Tony Blair?" she mused. "Oh, yeah . . . he's like your president? I don't know what he looks like."

snafooey
Thanks, Mouse - my friends would make "raise the roof" hand gestures for years when they saw me after that one. wink.gif

And to add to Marileen's fluffy gossip, on a lighter (but still creepy) celebrity note, Britney to team up with Charlie Sheen!

From imdb.com:

Spears Keen To Work with Sheen

Pregnant pop star Britney Spears is desperate to go into business with Wall Street star Charlie Sheen after falling in love with his range of kid's clothing. Sheen launched his hugely successful Sheen Kidz line in April with business partner Michael Berens and the range is now sold in more than 125 stores. A source tells US Ok! magazine, "Brit's people approached Sheen Kidz out of the blue. She'd seen his clothing and really liked it. She wants to start her own children's clothing line and she thought Sheen Kidz would be able to help get things off the ground." The Two And A Half Men star is reportedly open to expanding his business with the pop star. The source adds, "Charlie believes it would be fun to work with Britney." The singer, whose son Sean Preston will celebrate his first birthday September 14, is due to deliver her second around the same time.
crazyoldcatlady
to derail back to rosie and the view: i never particularly cared for her (show was banal and pandering), once she came into her own i'm appreciating her for the crazy bitch that she is. can't wait to see her start shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.