Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
jemisoutrageous
Jem is saddened for Jemself
snafooey
Jem, that just made me laugh out loud - now where is that emoticon when you need it?

That letter made my eyes hurt. The worst part is that she's trying so hard to sound sophisticated and articulate when she's really just one step away from writing her own Letter of Fug Truth.

ETA: It should be noted that I have always been Lindsay's biggest defender ("Her comic timing in Mean Girls was impeccable!") but I think it's just been too much too soon. . .she can't handle it and she's been making some bad decisions all over the place. I really hope her next light comedy is more along the lines of The Devil Wears Prada (though that was kind of a letdown) and not another turkey like Just My Luck (hey, I saw it for free).
battygurl
QUOTE(jezabelle @ Aug 8 2006, 06:02 AM) *

I hoping her point was that the character couldn't be bothered to shave her armpits, because she is a junkie and was more concerned with other things. Cause my armpits are extremely hairy at the moment, and being unkempt has nothing to do with it (it's clean). I've just had no reason to remove it yet!

It just sounded like from the quote that the reason she thought her character needed underarm hair was that she was untidy and therefore needed "unkempt" underarm hair. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I love armpit hair! I haven't shaved mine in over 4 years, and I hate the idea that only people who aren't in control of their hygeine don't shave.
bunnyb
I read yesterday in goss mag that Lindsay Lohan is going to Kate Moss fot tips about how to deal with bad press!
sixelacat
I saw an interview Toni Collette gave on some late night talk show (Letterman or Leno, I don't remember) while promoting Muriel that made me instantly like her, even before I saw the movie. She was talking about how she had to gain all this weight to play the role (I think she said like 30 pounds), and she and her friends would play with her belly fat in public. Like her friends would grab it and shake it under the table at restaurants for laughs. The interviewer's attitude was just like "omg, it's fat, how horrifying" and she was all "what, it's fat, everybody's got some, have a little fun with it!". I heart Toni.
chachaheels
Well, Kate Moss would be just the perfect consultant for Lindsay Lohan. blink.gif

Judging from the horrified response to Toni Collette's fat, I'd say the interviewer was Jay Leno.
Dave would have completely understood the reasoning behind "having a little fun" with the fat.
(but Dave can do little that is wrong, in my books, so I'm biased).
snafooey
So now Lindsay wants to go to Iraq? From AP via Stereogum:

"I've been trying to go to Iraq with Hillary Clinton for so long. Hillary was trying to work it out, but it seemed too dangerous," the 20-year-old actress says in an interview in the September issue of Elle magazine, on newsstands Wednesday.

Lohan, whose screen credits include "Freaky Friday," "Mean Girls" and the upcoming "Georgia Rule," says she hoped to emulate Marilyn Monroe, who performed shows for about 100,000 troops stationed in Korea in 1954.

"It's so amazing seeing that one woman just going somewhere, this beautiful sex kitten, who's basically a pinup, which is what I've always aspired to be," Lohan tells the magazine, adding that she would prepare for her trip to Iraq by taking shooting lessons with her security guard.
chachaheels
Yeah, shooting lessons with her body guard. That's the necessity for that trip.

Joan Rivers is ridiculous, but she's not Satan. Her daughter, however, is another cloven hoofed, horned, red-suited enslaver of lost souls matter altogether.

(I also had a hard time linking the glamourous Toni Collette stage manager/Angie Bowie role with the real life Angie Bowie...who was really just depressing, and hard to imagine as the mother of Zowie or Bowie's --or Jagger's-- inspiration).

Okay. I'm just rambling now. Gotta Get Back To Work.
sidecar
I live across the street from genius grant recipient/world-famous avant garde jazz musician Ken Vandermark, and the paparazzi are crazy! If he would just stop his yappy little dogs from barking and not painted is fence in a funky yellow pattern, no one would know it was him, and they'd leave him alone.

Okay, so that's a pretty lame corollary to Lindsay Lohan, but really, if you don't want to be harassed, don't go getting coked up in a bathroom stall at Whiskey Blue every night and dance on tables with Brett Ratner until 4 am. Lots of young celebrities live in New York and LA and aren't constantly hounded by photographers and are well-known for their work ethic and do a lot of work for charities and good causes. Kristen Bell and Julia Stiles come immediately to mind.

I am struck that both Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan got famous, fast and young, and perhaps chose furthering their careers over finishing their education (it's not clear if Brit finished high school; if she did, it was by correspondence). I'm not saying that everyone must go to college or anything like that ... but I can't help but think their whole "Look at me y'all! But stop bothering me while I walk barefoot into public bathrooms/dance naked on tables" schtick is somewhat influenced by that.
roseviolet
Sometimes I wonder how much of this is arranged by agents & PR people. Certain people out there think that there's no such thing as bad publicity. And afterall, a lot of these young celebrities are actually paid to attend these parties ... and their representatives get a cut of what they make. Hmmmm.
jezabelle
QUOTE(roseviolet @ Aug 9 2006, 03:50 PM) *

Sometimes I wonder how much of this is arranged by agents & PR people. Certain people out there think that there's no such thing as bad publicity. And afterall, a lot of these young celebrities are actually paid to attend these parties ... and their representatives get a cut of what they make. Hmmmm.

I swear Paris Hilton MUST have that mentality, for most of the things she's done. I'd be completely ashamed of myself if I was her. But nope, she thinks she's the blonde icon of the decade - that made $200 million last year!
mouse
okay, does anyone believe this b.s.???
Divala
I watched a thing on VH1, on of those "It's Great To Be..." shows about Paris Hilton. I guess most of the time when she goes to a club, it's because somebody paid her. Some stupid sap even named a club after her and has her on some giant retainer (2 million a month?) for her to make an appearance there twice a month and even bought her her own car to drive there in.

Makes me really glad I watched that scene in House of Wax when she gets killed. I needed that.
snafooey
Ah, but that's what they're counting on, Divala - I even saw the tagline, "Watch Paris Hilton Die!"

ETA: Frances Bean Cobain in Elle
cstars124
Did anyone see the episode of "South Park" where one of Paris Hilton's stores were opening up in South Park and it was called "Stupid Spoiled Whore?"

I loved that.
msp
QUOTE(sidecar @ Aug 9 2006, 11:34 AM) *

Lots of young celebrities live in New York and LA and aren't constantly hounded by photographers and are well-known for their work ethic and do a lot of work for charities and good causes. Kristen Bell and Julia Stiles come immediately to mind.

See also, Natalie Portman. (Love her.) And somehow I imagine that these young women don't spend every night sitting at home with a good book, either. They manage to be famous, professional, educated, and still have a grand old time. There does seem to be a middle ground.
anna k
Claire Danes, Natalie Portman, Anna Paquin and Julia Stiles all attended top schools while working and graduated. They may have had more leniency with making movies and doing their studies, but they were all students and still acting. Those are the more successful ones. Some other less popular child actors attended top schools (Danica McKellar was a math major, Fred Savage and Reese Witherspoon went to Stanford, Miyam Bialik was a physics major at UCLA) or choose interesting career paths apart from being a star (Shaun Cassidy became a TV producer instead of coasting on his teen-idol stardom, Peter Billensley - Ralphie from A Christmas Story - is a successful movie producer and works with Jon Favreau a lot). Sometimes former child actors can be seen as failures if they aren't successful in acting as adults or go into different careers, but a lot of them turn out normal and ordinary, apart from the sensationalized trouble stories of a selected few, who had problems that were accerlerated by their fame.
chachaheels
Yes but those young women have intellect as a gift. I don't think that could apply to Paris Hilton, though I don't want to slag her as being "brainless". It's obvious Paris Hilton has an intelligence for profiting from the lowest common denominator--she knows what sells, what attracts attention, and how that attention can be used to create celebrity, and from that, lots of income. So many people are titillated by money, status, looks, and sex: she's figured out, extremely effectively, how to attract and keep attention by using all these tools. And she's made a fortune doing it. She's like a study in pop culture and economics at the same time. And I think she was knowledgeable enough to know that was how she would have to do it--she doesn't have the brains to study physics, or languages, or philosophy, or any demanding and rigorous intellectual discipline, and she clearly has no patience for university (at this point). Also, she was able to pull this off because of the wealth she has access to: if Paris had come from some silly suburb in some little midwestern town, and mommy and daddy were well off but not multinationally, generationally wealthy, we'd never have heard of her.

Not that I celebrate her or anything; I just think when a man does this kind of stuff (like, say, P.T. Barnum did many decades before Paris came along) they're usually lauded and considered pretty bright (even though, like P.T., they were pretty slimy, exploitive, idiotic and contemptuous punks).
faerietails
Coming Soon: First Photos of Tom Cruise's Baby?

I love how it's Tom Cruise's baby, not Katie's. Er, sorry, I mean "Kate." She's a woman, you know.

I wonder who's kid it is in those photos.
chachaheels
Well, it ishis baby. He paid for it and everything!
anoushh
Robin Williams in rehab....
chachaheels
And he managed to do it without slagging his racial scapegoat of choice, and without driving drunk! Yay, Robin!

But I can't forgive him for the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel mentioned in that article.
girlygirlgag
Well, think about Nicky Hilton, she studied fashion design, hasz several lines, parties from time to time, yet does not have the bad rap that Paris has. I think because she was blessed with somewhat of a brain. Though Paris doesn't complain about the pap., she uses them .

I think LL is hypocrite and has ben babied too much by mama.
hellotampon
"And he managed to do it without slagging his racial scapegoat of choice" laugh.gif laugh.gif
anoushh
The "found himself drinking again" comment annoyed me. I hope that's the spokesperson's attitude more than RW's, b/c that kind of attitude isn't going to help him in his recovery.
roseviolet
Agreed on the "found himself drinking" thing. It makes it sound as though he awoke from a blackout and said, "Oh my! Where am I?! And what is this empty bottle of gin doing in my hand?!"
vesicapisces
RV, I had the same response: "Wha...? Where did this beer come from?"
anoushh
"Oh well--guess I'll have to drink it, then."
pollystyrene
Funny column about Suri Cruise
punkerplus
Oh. My. God. Lindsay Lohan to set up tattoo parlour
Owl_Gang_Girl
Lohan branded tattoos for the LA elite .... *PUKE*
Maybe people would stop commenting if you got some help with your eating disorder Ms Lohan!?
Xxx.
cstars124
When will she just GO away?!?

Btw, what language is her tattoo supposed to be in? La Belle Vita isn't italian, or at least the italian I took for 4 years.
snafooey
If she wants partners, she should hook up with some cosmetic surgeons specializing in laser tattoo removal. Can you imagine branding yourself with a Team Lohan tattoo?

chachaheels
Yes, but, isn't Lindsay Lohan a bit of a drunk cocaine addict with an eating disorder, functional illiteracy in at least 2 languages, and an unhealthy, lingering streak of irresponsibility? Why would anyone go and get some nasty ink injected repeatedly under their skin by a business associated with this kind of person as its owner?

Seems to me like that "image" association would tank this business plan right off the bat.
Also, and this might seem really unnecessary, but it's not: is there a NEED for another tattoo parlour somewhere in LA? There does not seem to be a shortage.

And why, oh why, does any media source feel we all need to know about it? As gossip, this is pretty piss poor.
jezabelle
QUOTE(cstars124 @ Aug 11 2006, 01:13 PM) *

When will she just GO away?!?
Btw, what language is her tattoo supposed to be in? La Belle Vita isn't italian, or at least the italian I took for 4 years.

Isn't that Fretalian? You know, the language she made up rolleyes.gif
chachaheels
Everytime someone speaks Fretalian, the baby Jesus cries.
msp
New Britney home video that makes me want to cry a little...
cstars124
Couple of things about that video...

number one: This couldn't have been recent, cause she's not pregnant. I think it's back in the "Chaotic" days, cause Kevin mentions something about putting together clips of her burping. It looks very chaotic-esque to me.

secondly, I don't know if she really acts like that, or if she was PRETENDING to be on some sort of drug, but I don't thing anyone could really be that annoying.

lastly and most importantly, i played that clip while I was at work, totally not realizing how loud it would be, especially when she burps, and a couple of people thought it was me.
chachaheels
What Britney needs is a 2 or 3 year time out in a quiet place like the French countryside. She can have nannies for her babies, and (god, at least some) lessons in elocution and deportment. She can see how the rest of the world might structure a life, accessorize, or put together an outfit which does not create laughter for any occasion. She can divorce Kevin, who is boring beyond the point of redemption, as well as the human embodiment of the concept of uselessness (and I know they wouldn't let him into the country, because he insists on wearing socks with sandals). She can learn something about "le sang froid" and grow into the ability to stop pandering to Media Jackasses...perhaps grow as a musician, if that's possible...and just, you know, take it easy and lay low for a while. Eat some good french food and watch how they handle the wine thing overthere. She can learn the language so she'd never be caught with a tattoo announcing "La Belle Vita". She can live without media attention while she finally gets her shit together before it's too late. Why aren't her "people" out arranging this for her? They can repackage her as the American Catherine Deneuve: chic, low key, no more likely to be found in the toilet at the Esso in her bare feet than she would be making embarassingly telling TV reality shows on networks that would show anything to sell commercial time.

And that video has already been denounced as an outtake from "Chaotic". I don't know how I know and I'm actually shocked a little, but there you are.
mouse
word, chacha. let's start up a collection.
punkerplus
To me it looks like shes either drunk or stoned, but more likely drunk.

I think being made famous (in part at least) for your virginity is enough to make anyone go a little wacko - see also: Jessica Simpson and her creepy creepy dad.

And as for L.Lo's tattoo parlour, I can't imagine why any self-respecting human would go to hers for ink, when there are loads of genuinly brilliant artists out there, which would probably charge less.
roseviolet
I can imagine the type of person who might go to LL's tattoo shop. What I can't imagine is the type of tattoo artist who would want to work at LL's tattoo shop!
cstars124
I was thinking the same thing, RV! And my first thought was, "I'll bet the artists would get paid a butt load of money to work there". And then I started thinking, "Well, maybe not because how long would the parlor actually stay open?" Because as punkerplus mentioned, I highly doubt people would go to HER parlor when theres other talented artists elsewhere. And then my third and final thought was, "Can you imagine being the tattoo artist who goes to look for jobs once her shop closes and having Lindsay Lohan's Tattoo Parlor listed on your resume?"

Yea...neither can I.
hellotampon
But what about all those people who got butterfly tattoos on their lower bcks a few years ago? They might go to Lindsey's shop.
roseviolet
I think a Bustie knows a tattoo artist who put a tatt of a crushed butterfly on the bottom of his foot because he was so sick of them. Love it!
ginger_kitty
LL tattoo shop??? *head hits keyboard* Refuses to discuss subject again........

Great idea, instead of eating healthy and excercizing... develop a eating disorder but look a bit thicker by layering!! She is just fucking brillant....What ever happened to that promising young actress that seemed so have so much potential in Mean Girls?
bustygirl
LL's shop COULD be a way to keep the idiots away from the rest of us. Sort of like a decoy.

So if you go out to get inked and see a line of wannabe thugs and sorority girls in the waiting room, run. run away.
lilacwine13
Hee, I like the idea of a decoy tattoo shop.

Rose, I think that might be me, but maybe someone else knows another tattoo artist with the same design, or has been to Idaho (or a tattoo convention) and met the same artist I did. I love it too.
jemisoutrageous
Speaking of ridiculous starlettes and thier tats, sometimes, when I am in bed at night and noctural rest is elusive, I will remember Britney Spears got a tattoo written in Hebrew-BACKWARDS-and I giggle and giggle myself to sleep.

Jews don't believe in tattos ya dumb bitch. And it was backwards! Ahahaahaahaahhaha!!!!
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(jemisoutrageous @ Aug 12 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Speaking of ridiculous starlettes and thier tats, sometimes, when I am in bed at night and noctural rest is elusive, I will remember Britney Spears got a tattoo written in Hebrew-BACKWARDS-and I giggle and giggle myself to sleep.

Jews don't believe in tattos ya dumb bitch. And it was backwards! Ahahaahaahaahhaha!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I did not know that!

Um, did anyone catch the clip of Flava of Love when the girl pooped on the floor?

As someone with major digestive and poop problems, you CAN'T hold it!?!?!?! There is a bathroom RIGHT THERE!?!?! laugh.gif

Seriously.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.