Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
anoushh
From today's Independent:

Film magnate's wife 'threatened boycott of Cruise movies'
Reports sweep Hollywood that actor's attack on Brooke Shields is the real reason for his dismissal
By John Hiscock in Hollywood
Published: 27 August 2006

A novel theory of what lay behind the sacking of Tom Cruise by his Hollywood studio has emerged: he got up the nose of the main man's wife.

Reports are circulating that the star so angered Paula Fortunato, pictured left, wife of Sumner Redstone, boss of the studio's parent company, that she told her husband she was "boycotting Cruise's product for ever". Some film-world blogs have suggested this statement - provoked apparently by Cruise's criticisms of Brooke Shields's use of prescribed medic-ines, and coming from a 42-year-old wife to her 83-year-old husband - was enough to seal his fate.

But whether it was this, disappointing DVD revenues or the star's increasingly quirky behaviour, the fall-out from his dismissal may only just be beginning.

The decision by the Viacom boss to dispense with Cruise/ Wagner, the company owned by the star and his partner Paula Wagner, has sent a signal to both Wall Street and Hollywood that high-priced talent deals are likely to end.

Cruise and Wagner enjoyed a rich deal at Paramount that in recent times has provided them with as much as £8m a year to cover the costs of running their film company. Cruise is expected to make as much as £60m from Paramount's Mission: Impossible III, which is likely to gross around £500m. By contrast, Paramount, the movie-making arm of Viacom, will make only several million.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr Redstone also estimated that Cruise's oddball off-screen behaviour had cost the studio between £80m and £125m in box-office receipts. Cruise is devoting more of his life to Scientology and some suspect he has set his sights on becoming leader of the church. He caused controversy by insisting that a Scientology tent be installed on the set of War of the Worlds to give a form of massage from volunteer Scientology ministers to cast and crew members.

Cruise also became embroiled in a feud with Brooke Shields, who revealed she had become dependent on an anti-depressant drug following the birth of her daughter. Cruise, like all Scientologists, is opposed to prescription medication and scolded her in an interview, calling her irresponsible. Shields retorted that she doesn't take advice from someone "who believes in aliens".

Cruise's increasingly strange behaviour has become more noticeable since he sacked his long-time publicist, Pat Kingsley, last year after she tried to persuade him not to talk about Scientology when publicising a film. Cruise said of his decision to get rid of her: "I give people lots of chances and if they're not doing it at a certain point, hey, I fire them."

Nowadays he seizes every opportunity to talk at length about his faith and about what he sees as the evils of psychiatry - he calls it "an insidious cult".

However, Paramount's divorce from Cruise is by no means the first as the studios, faced with rising costs and dwindling income, cut back on star salaries and big budgets.

Studios have noted that only three of the 10 highest-grossing films of last year - War of the Worlds, Charlie and the Chocolate Factor and Mr and Mrs Smith, were star-driven. The rest were films with no big names, such as Star Wars: Episode III, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Chronicles of Narnia.In recent months, studios have shut down high-profile star vehicles because of rising costs, including the proposed Jim Carrey-Ben Stiller film Used Guys.

A novel theory of what lay behind the sacking of Tom Cruise by his Hollywood studio has emerged: he got up the nose of the main man's wife.

Reports are circulating that the star so angered Paula Fortunato, pictured left, wife of Sumner Redstone, boss of the studio's parent company, that she told her husband she was "boycotting Cruise's product for ever". Some film-world blogs have suggested this statement - provoked apparently by Cruise's criticisms of Brooke Shields's use of prescribed medic-ines, and coming from a 42-year-old wife to her 83-year-old husband - was enough to seal his fate.

But whether it was this, disappointing DVD revenues or the star's increasingly quirky behaviour, the fall-out from his dismissal may only just be beginning.

The decision by the Viacom boss to dispense with Cruise/ Wagner, the company owned by the star and his partner Paula Wagner, has sent a signal to both Wall Street and Hollywood that high-priced talent deals are likely to end.

Cruise and Wagner enjoyed a rich deal at Paramount that in recent times has provided them with as much as £8m a year to cover the costs of running their film company. Cruise is expected to make as much as £60m from Paramount's Mission: Impossible III, which is likely to gross around £500m. By contrast, Paramount, the movie-making arm of Viacom, will make only several million.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr Redstone also estimated that Cruise's oddball off-screen behaviour had cost the studio between £80m and £125m in box-office receipts. Cruise is devoting more of his life to Scientology and some suspect he has set his sights on becoming leader of the church. He caused controversy by insisting that a Scientology tent be installed on the set of War of the Worlds to give a form of massage from volunteer Scientology ministers to cast and crew members.

Cruise also became embroiled in a feud with Brooke Shields, who revealed she had become dependent on an anti-depressant drug following the birth of her daughter. Cruise, like all Scientologists, is opposed to prescription medication and scolded her in an interview, calling her irresponsible. Shields retorted that she doesn't take advice from someone "who believes in aliens".

Cruise's increasingly strange behaviour has become more noticeable since he sacked his long-time publicist, Pat Kingsley, last year after she tried to persuade him not to talk about Scientology when publicising a film. Cruise said of his decision to get rid of her: "I give people lots of chances and if they're not doing it at a certain point, hey, I fire them."

Nowadays he seizes every opportunity to talk at length about his faith and about what he sees as the evils of psychiatry - he calls it "an insidious cult".

(WTF is with the comment about Brooke being "dependent" on meds, though. She used meds appropriately. That's not dependent. Morons.
anoushh
Oh, and one more (from Salon.com):

William H. Macy is jumping on the "Lindsay Lohan has a terrible work ethic" bandwagon. During a Thursday press junket for "Everyone's Hero," in which he stars with Lohan, Macy talked openly about Lohan's tardiness. "There is not an apology big enough in the world" to make up for making an entire film crew wait around for your arrival," said Macy, adding, "It's nothing but disrespect. And Lindsay Lohan is not the only one. A lot of actors show up late as if they're God's gift to the film. It's inexcusable, and they should have their asses kicked." (People)

I love him.
lunasol
Ya Kid K's look at the time was very current, very hiphop at the time. Baggy clothes, the leather Africa necklaces, overalls, newsboy caps, the odd vest, red/yellow/gold everything. I can't remember the name of the company, but I was guilty of sporting a few hideous faux rasta shirts.

AP, might you be talking about Cross Colors? wink.gif I myself had a Love See No Color T-shirt. No really, I did. ::blushes::

But at least there was some cnsciouness in the clothing AND preteen/teenage girls weren't required by fashion to have their asses hanging out of low cut jeans. But that's another discussion!
raisingirl
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Aug 25 2006, 06:59 PM) *

I think the reason we shit on Jane Pratt (and her magazine) so much is because she fell so hard from her first magazine, Sassy.... Anyway, that magazine was monumental in so many women's lives, including my own, and it really shaped my early adolescent years. That's why Jane (the woman and the magazine) is such a disappointment.

Nail on the head, Polly. It shaped my early years as well. (I remember being absolutely crushed that I never got to intern for them, even though I was never too keen on spending a summer in NYC.)
bustygirl
I haven't liked Jane since it began. It is not, and has never been, Sassy. Sassy was smart, hip, funny, and a breath of fresh air in a dank tunnel. Jane is more of the same fluffy crap that's out there now.

Which is why I was so fucking happy to find Bust, and through them, Bitch and Venus. To me, they're the more logical progression. Jane deserves all the complaints she gets, because the magazine rode in so high on our hopes, and then let us down quite far.
wombat
She's pretty cool, but it just seems that at a certain point something "snapped" in her head and all she could write about was how she was going to marry a stockbroker and she felt jealous of his former news anchor girlfriend

**retch!**
chachaheels
Well, I was "too old" for Sassy when Jane was running the show there, and I was too busy reading other feminist magazines to have noticed it. Sorry I missed it, though, as I've always thought Jane was pretty much a more decently (coverage only) but tastelessly dressed version of Cosmo. And who needs another Cosmo?

Where's Jane Pratt now, since she's no longer heading the show at Jane? Is she editing anything else these days?
wombat
Ha! chacha, I bet we're the same age!

I'm over forty but not over fifty.

I was also "too old" for teen magazines, but I did not care. Okay, I felt a little embarassed if somebody SAW me, but I still bought Sassy and read it, because it was a cool magazine.

I had a long commute by public transit and was a "magazine-o-holic" for awhile. I couldn't read a newspaper or a book because I get motion-sickness if I read, so I needed bright colored pictures.

I would buy a whole bunch of different things, scanned the racks incessantly for new stuff, knew which news stands got the new ones first, and, even, on some occasions, would eagerly open a new magazine only to realize I had already purchased another copy of it, like, a week earlier. Yes, it was dorky of me. smile.gif

Ha! chacha, I bet we're the same age!

I'm over forty but not over fifty.

I was also "too old" for teen magazines, but I did not care. Okay, I felt a little embarassed if somebody SAW me, but I still bought Sassy and read it, because it was a cool magazine.

I had a long commute by public transit and was a "magazine-o-holic" for awhile. I couldn't read a newspaper or a book because I get motion-sickness if I read, so I needed bright colored pictures.

I would buy a whole bunch of different things, scanned the racks incessantly for new stuff, knew which news stands got the new ones first, and, even, on some occasions, would eagerly open a new magazine only to realize I had already purchased another copy of it, like, a week earlier. Yes, it was dorky of me. smile.gif

dusty
I'm also over forty but not over fifty and I bought Sassy once or twice...
mouse
okay, that's fair. i'm too young for sassy...by the time i discovered magazines, it was gone. i still think the jane petty criticism thing is out of hand, but i can understand what's behind it. was sassy really that great? i mean was it bust-quality?
pollystyrene
Definitely, and sometimes better. I think that as much as I love Bust, there I times when they're inconsistent in the way they portray feminism and the messages they send (I don't recall Sassy ever printing a cigarette ad; of course they were more of a straight-up teen magazine and Bust is more college-age/early 20's). I'm not saying they were perfect, but there was a lot less mixed messages.

I ams still kicking myself for cutting up my issues to make scrapbooks and stuff. I had a complete, pristine collection from March 1992 (the Kurt and Courtney issue.) ((Sigh))
wombat
Ya know, I might -- MIGHT -- HAVE that issue. I didn't cut it up cuz I wasn't a crazy fan of theirs. If I DO have it, I could send it to you.
thereshegoes
i think BUST in it's prime (1990's) gave Sassy a run for it's money. Keep in mind BUST, like Sassy, got bought out.
bunnyb
Charges against JonBenet confessor dropped. Yup, some of us saw that one coming.
faerietails
Ha, I saw that earlier. I knew it wasn't going to last! (And I still think her mom did it.)
lowredmoon
my brother stole and cut up all my sassy magazines when we were in high school, and i have yet to forgive him for it. i remember reading my first one after school in the library, waiting for my mom to come pick me up. i was so impressed i pulled out a subscription card. it was the only magazine i ever subscribed to...i used to wait every month for it to show up in my mailbox, and i had a huge girl-crush on christina kelly. then i remember one month it didn't show up, and the next time, it was all slick and scary, and i felt like someone had died. i feel about Jane much the same way i felt about that buy-out issue of sassy. i had such high hopes, and it just couldn't live up. i don't hate jane pratt, but i'm disappointed in what she became, and i think a lot of other women my age feel the same.

ETA: i just got curious about Christina Kelly, so I googled her and I found this:
http://www.girlsinc.org/gc/page.php?id=4.2.12
I always knew I liked her.
pollystyrene
Thanks for the offer, wombat, but I think I was smart enough to not cut up that one! I think it's at my parent's house, in a plastic sleeve. It's just all the other issues that are a mess sad.gif

Very true, thereshegoes- I got on the Bust wagon a little late, like around 1999 or so, maybe the Bjork or Margaret Cho issue- that was about that time, right? It's been ages since I went back to those issues. And I definitely remember feeling like it was a suitable replacement for Sassy, but I was older, so I was past my "formative years" so as much as I enjoy it and support it, it hasn't had the affect on my life that Sassy did (this board on the other hand wub.gif you ladies-and a few gentlemen- have had a tremendous affect on me!)

I had the same thing happen, lowredmoon- a couple months went by and no issue, then that piece of shit appeared...I literally had a temper tantrum, sobbed, tore up the magazine, threw it at the wall. I wrote a long, long, long letter to the new editors, cursing their souls. mad.gif

ETA: I'm surprised gofugyourself, and none of the other "fashion police" sites, as far as I could find, went after Candice Bergen for her outfit last night on the Emmy's. I can't find a picture of it, but it was a white shirt with wide sleeves, a long aqua skirt and an awful, wide belt. The skirt was nice, but the shirt made her look about a foot wider, and the belt made it even worse- it slanted downward and just added all this weight to her midsection. It was awful.
sassygrrl
I can't believe that no one made fun of Candice's outfit either. It was awful. I'm going to try to see if I can find a photo of it.
auralpoison
Oh, sweet jebus! That's it Lunasol. Cross Colors. I finally let my freak flag fly the summer after my eighth grade year, but before that I tried to fit in. I rocked a couple of those CC shirts before that.
lunasol
Yup, Cross Colours.

Ohhhhhhhh, Sassy...It always comes back to Sassy, no?

Raisin, I had the same fantasy, interning there. I actually entered the guest editor contest when I was like 15 and didn't win. Then it was gone. *sigh*

Actually, come to think of it - when I was a teenager, one of my eight career fantasies was to be a magazine editor, but really I think I just wanted to work at Sassy.

I also remember that month of no Sassy followed by the issue from Hell. And calling my best friend, who had gotten it that day too, and we were both so pissed. And I remember that in the next issue, the EIC wrote a super-snarky response to all the angry readers basically saying "the old Sassy sucked, live with it." Bah.

ETA: and oh, yeah, i am amused at how NO ONE is suprised that Mr. Creepy didn't actually kill Jon Benet.
moxiegirl
you know, i really heart candice, and want to be her when i grow up...but holy goddess of fashion poliece, that outfit was aweful. The skirt was gorgeous, but all told, bad news.
bustygirl
Sassy was awesome. I bought almost every issue that came out, and many of them aren't cut up at all. I go back occasionally, and the reporting and stories are still fresh and clean. They were the only teen mag that tackled (in a non insulting-to-the-reader manner) racist skinheads, junkies, girls in juvenile prison, being in a band (as opposed to other mags of the eras obsession with girls simply being arm candy or rabid fans of male band members) and the curious similarities between girl gangs and sorority girls.

Every month I waited desperately for the only mag that catered to me, who I really was, and not to someone born with an empty brainpan. Only when I finally found Sassy did I fully realize just why I hated Seventeen and Cosmo so damn much.

And sadly, it's gone right back to where it started. A barren landscape with no monthly oasis for smart teen girls who want to do more with their life than be a cum receptacle for some moron boy.
dusty
i think BUST in it's prime (1990's) gave Sassy a run for it's money. Keep in mind BUST, like Sassy, got bought out.

Bust got bought out, but then it got bought back.
mouse
lowred, i just clicked on that link you posted--that's effing fantastic. it's about time. there was a time when jane was doing that--featuring plus size models without pointing out that they're plus size--but i haven't seen it in ages. i also feel like ellegirl was amazing for about two issues (the one with kelly osborne and mandy moore on the cover comes to mind....i was a couple years too old for it but i read it anyway) and then just went back to being drivel like seventeen.

also, i'd argue bustygirl's point that those magazines are just about being cumdumpsters......i think they do the opposite. i think they send all these messages about being sexy and flirty and all that bs, but then when it comes down to their sex advice sections, they think they're being all empowering by telling girls not to have sex, but instead i think they're teaching them not to love sex, and to think of it as something (STILL!) that they will "give" to a boy when they are "ready". e.g., a question like "i want to give my boyfriend a blowjob, teach me how" will be answered with "only do it if you are SURE you are ready, and remember, it isn't something you have to do" instead of "great! here's how, AND here's how to teach him to go down on you".

i mean, okay, number one this should be in a different thread and i'm sorry, and number two i think we're still years away from teen magazines with an attitude towards sex like that, but that's my two cents.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.

ALSO! i have discovered that i love supernanny. i can expound on this more if no one agrees with me, but i'm off to the "really fucking weird celebrity crushes" thread. ta!
chachaheels
Was Candice's outfit a little like that very strange gown Faye Dunaway wore in Cannes last year? I'm curious. I think a lot of the gown choices this year were...alarmingly Republican, if I can say that. You know: something Laura Bush or Phyllis Schaffley might wear. Not really stylish but quite dowdy (as in that unfortunate outfit worn by Eva Longoria, which was a white hat away from a Queen Elizabeth get up). Has anyone found a picture?

I wish I'd had a chance to get into Sassy, then, it sounds like something really amazing. I wonder why it is that advertisers are so adamant about content in the magazines they buy space in, when clearly there is a demographic of women who are so NOT INTERESTED in the mindsets they're creating in media to support the consumption of those products. It makes me think of when Ms. magazine started to sell ad space in their magazine and their featured women had to dye their normally grey hair or be shown wearing make-up before their sponsors would support them. So they kicked out all their advertisers and flew only on private subscriptions and donations...and other women's magazines started to pay attention and change their content to try and attract some of the feminist market.

Yes, it is true and I remember it: magazines like Glamour (in particular that one) actually had feminist content...as did Vogue and many other women's mags.
anna k
mouse, I agree on the sex advice columns message is "don't have sex." The message is that guys are horndogs who only want you for sex and if he doesn't wait for you he's a jerk and not worth having around. It's not bad for a teenage girl to have sex, if she knows what she's doing and is mature about it. I was immature about sex as a teen, but other girls I knew were more casual and comfortable with it. It would seem wrong to give a 13-year old girl blow job tips, but not to be so cold about it saying "If you're having doubts you're not ready." I had doubts about sex when I was ready, more for diseases/fluids than if he'd love me in the morning.

I liked Seventeen a lot in the mid-90's when it had thick issues, long stories, pieces published by good writers who would become more known later on (Lisa Miya-Jervis and Karen Good), and learned about riot grrl and punk rock through Seventeen, believe it or not.

I'm surprised that Candice was married to Louis Malle. He was into Susan Sarandon and Jeanne Moreau, so Candice seemed like an unusual choice; not continental or glamorous or strikingly beautiful. My mom called her "you know, the puppeteer's daughter."
mouse
yeah, now that i think about it i remember seventeen as having really great fiction. not nowadays, but back in the 90's, like you said. and some really great illustrations--which occasionally they still do, but mostly it's slick, pouty, bug-eyed bratz-esque vector crap.
chachaheels
The Bratz are like a disease--people look like them on purpose, for chrissakes.

Take a look at Candace Bergen in Carnal Knowledge, one of her first films--she was very beautiful, she was always tall and very slim, like a model. She's never "reminded" me of her father's looks. I thought she was still married to Malle, if they've divorced I haven't heard. So thanks for the update...
marileen
I looked it up - Candice Bergen was married to Louis Malle for fifteen years until he died of cancer in 1995 and since then she's gotten remarried to some other dude in 2000. She was very striking and glamorous when she was young (and still looks good) and also worked as a photographer/photojournalist in the 70s traveling the world and her IMDB bio describes her as "a staunch feminist." From what I've read about her, she sounds pretty neat. (I haven't seen her Emmy's outfit yet - I'll have to go find a picture to see how bad it is.)

I loved Sassy - I still remember many of the articles in it and loved reading it's point of view on so many things. It was very inspiring. I'll have to go and dig through my stuff at my parents' house to see if my copies still are around. Back in the late 80s/early 90s women's magazines in general were much better to read than they are now - more and longer articles, with less pages focused on shilling beauty products and junk in the editorial content. And good stories on serious topics were regular features in pretty much all of the women's magazines, even the fluffier ones.

Jane seems like a pale ghost of Sassy, so I have never been too interested in it. And Jane Pratt's constantly bragging self-obsessed editor's letters made me really dislike her persona. Whether it was blabbing about her nose ring and closeness to Michael Stipe years ago in what seemed like every single issue of Sassy or her more recent personal life (in the few issues of Jane I've read in the past couple of years), she comes across as an extremely annoying selfish poseur. So the snark on Jane in Bitch magazine hasn't bugged me!

And I am filled with fiendish glee at the news that Paris Hilton's cd sales have been "disappointing"!
chachaheels
I'm not sure why I'm so fixated on this (maybe it's because I've got a looming deadline and so much to produce in a shrinking time frame), but if you find that photo, please post a link!!

It's actually good that we're all remembering that women's magazines weren't always as useless and mentally insulting as they now are.
anna k
Take a look at Candace Bergen in Carnal Knowledge, one of her first films--she was very beautiful, she was always tall and very slim, like a model.

I thought she looked ordinary. She looked like my mom in the '70s, slim with long blonde hair and a freckled, sweet look.
roseviolet
The Fug Girls just put Candace up on their site. Clicky!
chachaheels
Then, Anna K, your mom was obviously beautiful!! (We are all shocked at this thought at one point, but when we look at old photos, you can see it!).

Oh, no that belt was just...someone on this board, a long time ago, called that look "Chero-honky" once. The skirt is a beautiful colour, though, just like someone else noted earlier. Poor Candice and her lack of clothing judgement.
raisingirl
QUOTE(lunasol @ Aug 29 2006, 12:25 AM) *

Ohhhhhhhh, Sassy...It always comes back to Sassy, no?

Raisin, I had the same fantasy, interning there. I actually entered the guest editor contest when I was like 15 and didn't win. Then it was gone. *sigh*

Actually, come to think of it - when I was a teenager, one of my eight career fantasies was to be a magazine editor, but really I think I just wanted to work at Sassy.

Haha! It IS true; everything comes back to Sassy! I really think it's funny how we talk about it on Bust every so often.

We have the oddest things in common, Luna: I also dreamed about being a magazine editor and/or writer, but I only wanted to work for Sassy.

Remember the contests for Sassiest Girl in America? I think they ran that contest for more than one year. I sometimes wonder where those girls are now and what they're doing with their lives.

When Sassy was around, I subconsciously had my friends categorized into Sassy friends and non-Sassy friends (I can see it now, though), the ones who read Sassy and were sassy, and those who did not and were not.

I was going through a huge alienation period when their article on alienation was published. I still vaguely remember that cartoon-y drawing of an angsty girl, too.

I made collages out of my magazines, too.

Remember when they had their summer guides and they compiled these big long lists of books to read, music to listen to, etc.? I remember it was in a little booklet format. There was good stuff on there, too, some classics in feminist literature (Jeanette Winterson comes to mind). I can't see that happening with Seventeen magazine these days where they'd actually encourage their readers to read a real book that wasn't written by a celebrity.

Sorry for thread derailment.

You know, I still hate Chloe Sevigny or however her name is spelled, even if she does have a Sassy connection by way of that coveted internship. HORRENDOUS fashion sense.
lucymygal
more weird TomKat news

Suripoop
lowredmoon
i always wanted to be a sassy intern too, and to work on the reader-produced issue.

i remember reading about gardner's theory of intelligence (it was titled something like "Proof You're Smart!)in sassy, i think it was the same year we studied it in my gifted & talented class, and i felt so cool because i'd heard of it before. that's something i liked about sassy--they respected my intelligence, and i actually learned stuff from them.

i haven't read a teen magazine in a long time, but i doubt any of them could ever measure up.
yuefie
I'm all for the Candice love, she's a classy lady. And hey, what other actress can say her character (Murphy Brown) pushed the envelope and so many buttons so well that *she* came under attack by the effing VP of the USA? But yeah, that outfit is atrocious. Go Fug Yourself finally caught up with Candice and her outfit o' fug.
periander
I remember seeing a picture of Candice when I was quite young and thinking she was so beautiful. It was in a mag and she was quite young herself. She just looked so sure of herself.
girlygirlgag
I really wanted to intern for Sassy, too. Does anyone else remember when Chloe Seveigny was an intern there and they used to do modeling shoots with her?

I loved Cute Band Alert and It Happened To Me.

Ahhh, being a teenager in the early 90's. *sigh*

My old boss and friend I used to work with brought a stack of old Sassy mags to our break room, there were like 30. I started to remember them all, I think I read every issue at least twenty times.

I have never read Jane.
chachaheels
I saw some of those fashion shoots they did of Chloe here, on this site, not long ago. She didn't know what the hell to put on back then, either (elastics around shoes that are just too big? Yet Andre Leon Talley says her instincts are amazing?). God bless the Fug Ladies for calling her out on that.

(But really I'm just in love with them for making that "I just bought a wagon wheel coffee table" remark about Candice Bergen's outfit yesterday).
bunnyb
what's the gossip site (I'm sure it was mornington who posted a link to it a while back but can't find it in archives) that had an ongoing fascination for Jake G and were posting mundane pics of him e.g. going for coffee and sitting down with coffee with funny captions?

on imdb I saw an upper body pic of candice and it didn't look too bad but sweet bejesus that's a chronically bad get-up. Love her too, especially in guest parts on satc and in Boston Legal.
ambercherry
bunnyb, i believe it's the gilded moose - i don't know how to link to it, but i think it's just thegildedmoose.com

or something like that.

it's this: http://thegildedmoose.blogspot.com/

okay, i hope that link works...
bunnyb
thank you! I knew it had weird name.

breaking news: jake stepped off curb. hee.

bustarimes
This site is soooo much better and sooo much funnier: Jake Watch http://www.jakegyllenhaalwatch.blogspot.com
lowredmoon
i read candice's autobiography (friends of the library book sales are awesome). she did a lot of interesting things, and knew a lot of fascinating people. i think she may have dated dennis hopper, but she refused to name the person she was talking about, so that's just my conjecture. i'd actually recommend it, it's called Knock Wood, which i found totally hilarious.
lowredmoon
for all the Sassy fans, i was looking at a website for a publisher i'm applying to, and i found this:

http://www.holtzbrinckpublishers.com/FSG/s...BookKey=3244523
mandolyn
Shields Says Cruise Has Apologized

hmmm, damage control much? (for the studio divorce?)

can playdates between offspring be far behind?
anoushh
Yeah, I notice he's not said publically that he's apologised.

Slimy little weasel.
(no offense meant to weasels, of course, who really deserve better than to be compared to that moron.)
jemisoutrageous
Not to mention the fact that it gets announced at the beginning of a long weekend. He is a weasel and a douchebag.
doodlebug
(O/T - LRM, is your sig quote from Cat's Eye?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.