Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
pollystyrene
Wow, she'll have JAILbait written all over her....sorry, bad joke. I can't imagine what a girl raised by Britney Spears will turn out like...hopefully she'll learn from her mother's mistakes!
mandolyn
jesus. that's almost as bad as the cousins who named their girls laura and laura lynn. then again, they also named their dogs, honey one, honey two, etc. creativity is not their forte.
i kid you not. it's a much-loved family gossip topic ... hee!

all best wishes for marsha! i love hearing about older moms, cuz the pendulum seems to have swung and now it's fashionable to tsk-tsk them for putting their eggs on hold in favor of careers yada yada yada.
snafooey
I hope it's just a rumour (I got it from a link to thesuperficial.com via nerve.com). She can't be that clueless. . .can she?

And I'll grudgingly admit that Suri is cute (I checked out the whole layout afterward). . .but I still think that's a weird photo (and a wig).
moxiegirl
aside from purchasing the VF mag, is there somewhere online where one can see the whole spread? If not, i guess i'll have to make a line to the rite-aid with le bebe tonight. Suri's cute, for sure...but i think moxette is cuter. (hehe).

How's your thinking on DH "dealing" with uber-thin Bree being played by pregnant Marcia? I'd love to see Bree accidentially knocked up by the sex-a-holic ex-boyfriend!
anna k
Apparently Britney is planning to name her daughter (to be delivered via C-section on Sept. 14, same as Sean Preston) "Jailynn" after her parents and sister - Jamie, Lynn, and Jamie Lynn.

And Jamie-Lynn was already named after her parents. Jailynn sounds too trashy.
jezabelle
QUOTE(moxiegirl @ Sep 7 2006, 05:38 PM) *

aside from purchasing the VF mag, is there somewhere online where one can see the whole spread? If not, i guess i'll have to make a line to the rite-aid with le bebe tonight. Suri's cute, for sure...but i think moxette is cuter. (hehe).

I hope this works...
http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/09/last-s...-i-promise.html
yuefie
Yeah, way to go Brit. Put JAIL in your daughters name. Sheesh, eeeediot!
moxiegirl
ok, she is a cutie pie. You know (as we sit here observing), that kid looks happy, thriving and curious about her surroundings. Isn't that all a 4 or 5 month old should be?
punkerplus
I apologise for being sooooooo 5 minutes ago but I've been in spain for the last week so cut me some slack.

Has anyone seen those computer generated faces which are made up of the average of a thousand people's faces? They are incredibly beautiful and cherubic and creepy to the extreme. That is what I thought of the first time I saw the Suri photos.

And I still don't think she is part TC.
chachaheels
Yeah, I think she's adorable but oddly featured--specifically, strange hair. Otherwise, she's very cute, a little chubby, seems happy (with no teeth?) and seems to be the product of Katie and a nice looking man who is not Tom Cruise.

He looks happy in those photos, and I know they're just photos, but I truly hope he is. Crazy and creepy as he has been, I hope he gets some peace from this stunt.
yuefie
I too think she is an adorable baby who looks just like her mama, has a wig on, and has been airbrushed for the magazine spread which makes her look, shall we say, otherworldly. And she is definitely not the spawn of that creeptastic freak show. Far too cute to be. And she probably would have been born with horns if she were his or at least born with his nose. Heh.
snafooey
Okay - celebrity babyoff!

Parental preferences aside, who's cuter - Suri or Shiloh?
doodlebug
Yeah....I'm not seeing wig. Sorry gang. My (caucasian) step-niece was born with a thick mass of black hair all over her head (her mom had been planning to name her Heather until she saw the black hair!), and looked almost exactly like Suri when she was 4/5 months old, including the hairdo. Baby Suri is very, very cute. As much as it pains me to say it, since I, too, had been hoping she'd come out more alien-esque. (OTOH, she does kinda look like KH's ex in one pic...)
snafooey
It's not about it being too thick, it's about it not matching the hairline - I had hair like that right out of the womb, actually. But yeah, it looks a little more natural in the other pics than on the cover.

I'm bored today - can you tell? wink.gif
mouse
My (caucasian) step-niece was born with a thick mass of black hair all over her head (her mom had been planning to name her Heather until she saw the black hair!)

doodle, i may be totally missing something here, but.........why can't a black haired baby be named heather......?
doodlebug
I dunno, I think it's prolly just a trick of the light. I'm not sayin' TC's not crazy, but I doubt he's crazy enough to say, "Hey, since the whole world thinks my (or "my" if you like) baby is pretend, let's put a WIG on her and make her look FAKE! Yeah!!"

smile.gif

Ok, but here's the thing I want to go back to, that never seems to get brought up....wasn't the reason TC and Nicole Kidman adopted because HE couldn't have children? Or was it her? (This all gets so Orwellesque, where people change the stories and we're just supposed to believe the new ones like the old ones never happened.)

ETA: mouse, in retrospect, I dunno either, but I think stepsis figured it was a fair-haired girl's name! She named her Diane instead.

ETA again: Oh, ew, ew, ew! Did anyone see this quote on one of the VF pages? "Kate's intuition told her she was having a girl. 'I was craving pink,' she says, 'the whole nine months.'"

GAG!!!!
pinkpoodle
Hhhhhuuuuaaaaaauuuuuggghhgghgghghgh *pukes all over the place* That is so freakin' lame!!! Those two are perfectly stupid for each other. I feel so bad for that kid.
jemisoutrageous
That baby is gorgeous and she totally looks like Tom AND Katie, who are both totally cute, just bugshit nuts.
mandolyn
ditto what jem said.
except i've never not once ever thought TC was cute or handsome or even the least bit attractive.
ok. maybe for like 5 seconds in the color of money. but then paul's stark raving gorgous baby blues snapped me back to reality.

i see both of them. i don't see asian. i don't see wig. thought i was going a little nuts there.

but i'm pretty nauseous & calling bullshit at those "happy family" pics. i'm also nauseous thinking of the ridiculous amounts of dough he's raking in right this very moment for his evil, nefarious purposes. or did i miss the story where he's donating all the proceeds to "charity"?
chachaheels
I don't see asian, either. The eyes are definitely shaped like Katie's. And for the record, my cousin has the same eye shape in her baby pictures, and her brothers used to tease her that she looked "Chinese".

To which their mother replied: "Yes, and so did you!"

She's cute, as I said, but the more I see the photo the more she starts to look like Winston Churchill to me.
aquagirl3
Jezabelle, I have to tell you I guess it's not that unusual a name, but I've never heard Echo before and I LOVE it! I'm trying to have a baby and even though I want to name a girl Mary after my mom I have to admit that caught my eye...maybe I'll have 2 girls.

Back to celebs...what with Steve Irwin, Paris, and Suri, WHAT A WEEK! I'm telling you people, Celeb Gossip thread is THE place to be these days.
bunnyb
doodlebug, I always thought it was because he couldn't have children (and the same with Mimi Rogers) and there are rumours Nicole's pregnant. I think it all adds to theory that the baby isn't his.

wrong thread to confess this but the arrogant twerp is kinda attractive in his arrogant twerp role in Top Gun and I always liked him in Jerry Maguire, although I think he's playing himself.
anoushh
From the UK paper The Independent:

Heathrow thief grabs Lohan's million-dollar jewels
By Rachel Williams, PA
Published: 08 September 2006

Jewellery worth a million dollars was stolen from Hollywood star Lindsay Lohan at Heathrow Airport, it was revealed today.

Lohan reported the theft to police yesterday evening after noticing her orange Hermes handbag had disappeared from her luggage trolley as she left Terminal One.

Earlier this week the Mean Girls actress sparked an engagement riddle by wearing an enormous solitaire diamond on her ring finger at the premiere of her new film, Bobby.

Her spokeswoman, Leslie Sloane, told TMZ.com the 20 year old was extremely upset about losing her personal belongings in the bag, which included her vital asthma medication.

"She is begging for the return of the items," Ms Sloane said. "She doesn't care how she gets them back, she just wants her stuff back."

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said there was no description of any suspect or suspects. CID at Heathrow would be investigating, she added.

The spokeswoman said: "At approximately 6.45pm on September 7 the theft of a bag at Heathrow Airport was reported to police by a 20-year-old woman.

"It is alleged that as the woman exited the Terminal One building she noticed that an orange Hermes handbag was missing from her suitcase trolley.

"We understand the bag contained a quantity of jewellery."

Lohan took to the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival on Tuesday with an impressive sparkler on her ring finger.

But earlier in the day she had worn what appeared to be the same ring on her middle finger.

Her boyfriend Harry Morton was spotted shopping in Cartier last week and the couple enjoyed a romantic break in Hawaii before jetting into Venice.

Ms Sloane later confirmed that Lohan's stolen bag had contained jewellery worth a million dollars (£530,000).

Jewellery worth a million dollars was stolen from Hollywood star Lindsay Lohan at Heathrow Airport, it was revealed today.

Lohan reported the theft to police yesterday evening after noticing her orange Hermes handbag had disappeared from her luggage trolley as she left Terminal One.

Earlier this week the Mean Girls actress sparked an engagement riddle by wearing an enormous solitaire diamond on her ring finger at the premiere of her new film, Bobby.

Her spokeswoman, Leslie Sloane, told TMZ.com the 20 year old was extremely upset about losing her personal belongings in the bag, which included her vital asthma medication.

"She is begging for the return of the items," Ms Sloane said. "She doesn't care how she gets them back, she just wants her stuff back."

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said there was no description of any suspect or suspects. CID at Heathrow would be investigating, she added.

The spokeswoman said: "At approximately 6.45pm on September 7 the theft of a bag at Heathrow Airport was reported to police by a 20-year-old woman.

"It is alleged that as the woman exited the Terminal One building she noticed that an orange Hermes handbag was missing from her suitcase trolley.

"We understand the bag contained a quantity of jewellery."

Lohan took to the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival on Tuesday with an impressive sparkler on her ring finger.

But earlier in the day she had worn what appeared to be the same ring on her middle finger.

Her boyfriend Harry Morton was spotted shopping in Cartier last week and the couple enjoyed a romantic break in Hawaii before jetting into Venice.

Ms Sloane later confirmed that Lohan's stolen bag had contained jewellery worth a million dollars (£530,000).

My comment:
What kind of idiot travels with a million dollars worth on jewelry in a handbag? And then leaves it unattended??

bunnyb
my thoughts exactly, anoushh. you have jewellery worth that much in a locked briefcase on a chain, not in a friggin handbag (was it all thrown in haphazardly?) sheesh.
sixelacat
It probably doesn't matter if the jewellery was neatly placed in the world's tiniest safe, once you've placed it inside a freakin' orange handbag and left it on your luggage trolley! Jeez, it ought to have been stolen on principal alone! And how childish is it to say "I don't care how I get it back, as long as someone returns it....". Yeah, go stand in the middle of Heathrow, close your eyes and hold out your hand, and just wait for someone to return it.....

*okay, I don't know why that story pisses me off quite so much, I must need more coffee....*

Nicole Kidman was 3 months pregnant when Cruise left her, but she miscarried. And thank goodness that cute baby looks nothing like him, it'll make therapy easier on Suri when she gets older....
bunnyb
was the baby not supposedly Russell Crowe's? we know he's fertile.

I was reading that Cruise is incensed at internet speculation that Suri is "deformed" which is why no pics beforehand; if I were him I would be more worried about some of the other theories - doesn't he read this thread?! it's the definitive take on what's going on.

snaf, shiloh is cuter but I'm biased - I prefer her parents. poor Suri, she's cute but she has bully victim written all over her.

o/t: sixelacat, I love your Monty Python quote! so much so that I'm going to fit it into the dissertation I'm writing somehow!
snafooey
I think Shiloh's cuter too - for a newborn, she was already pretty distinctive looking.

My guess is that Nicole got pregnant with another man's child (possibly Russell Crowe's) and that violated the terms of her "arrangement" with Tom. I'm pretty sure Mimi Rogers has implied that Tom basically shoots blanks.
jezabelle
QUOTE(aquagirl3 @ Sep 8 2006, 02:27 AM) *

Jezabelle, I have to tell you I guess it's not that unusual a name, but I've never heard Echo before and I LOVE it! I'm trying to have a baby and even though I want to name a girl Mary after my mom I have to admit that caught my eye...maybe I'll have 2 girls.

Well it wouldn't be stealing from me, it's in the name books and is apparently quite popular in Europe (but I'm not so sure about that) I actually named her after the J.W. Waterhouse painting of "Echo and Narcissus"
Not to brag but you can check out my Echo here... http://www.lisabrokop.com/photos.asp - click on Ladylike
jezabelle
QUOTE(snafooey @ Sep 8 2006, 01:47 PM) *

My guess is that Nicole got pregnant with another man's child (possibly Russell Crowe's) and that violated the terms of her "arrangement" with Tom. I'm pretty sure Mimi Rogers has implied that Tom basically shoots blanks.

I heard that Mimi Rogers "slipped" something about that in an interview to. Also wasn't it a rumour that TC thought Nicole had cheated when she became pregnant (and later miscarried), because he can't make human babies - which resulted in their divorce.
maddy29
This is the conspiracy theory I'm going with: (from random gossip website)

"The story goes that when Katie Holmes split with her exboyfriend Chris Klein in March 2005, she may or may not have realized she was pregnant with his baby. She started dating Tom in April, 2005, and according to this tale, when Tom found out she was expecting, he not only didn't MIND , but he insisted on taking credit for the pregnancy. They abruptly got engaged in June 2005. Since the baby was scheduled to be born too soon into their relationship, Tom and Katie faked the birth date. She actually gave birth months EARLIER than the announced birth. She wore padding for the last few months after the REAL birth, and made sure she was photographed. In case you don't remember, Suri's announced April 18 birth was oddly undocumented - there were no hospital records or specifics. Where WAS Suri born? Tom and Katie didn't want their baby photographed because it would be apparent that Suri wasn't newborn. After a few months it's not so easy to recognize a baby's exact age. Have you noticed that Suri has uniquely slanted eyes like Chris Klein?"
chachaheels
And that sounds like the "conspiracy theory" a lot of people have been speculating about--hence all the rumours about Katie's very strange looking last few months, or the fact that she'd been kind of secluded quite a bit, and the baby was hidden for so long after being born, or the fact that no one at the hospital said anything about the birth to anyone (and I guarantee someone would have said, "hey, Tom and Katie had their baby here!" if it actually happened as they said it did...)

Even the Fug Mistresses commented on Katie being pregnant "for more than a year".

So much effort just to make things look a certain way, when no one could give a damn, really. Wouldn't life just be so much happier if Tom just decided to be gay and be done with it? Adopt, and be happy? Be rich and successful, and choose to do whatever role you wanted to do? (Instead of making sure you're always in something macho, that does a lot of exploding and world saving, and basically amounts to the same pair of faded jeans and a leather jacket for a wardrobe?) Come on, Tom, live a little! Play a sensitive gardener, or a tennis player who's on a losing streak and has to redeem himself, or a guy who plays chess with someone like Owen Wilson and has to find a way to win a championship, or a journalist who accidentally finds Jimmy Hoffa.
lucizoe
heh, jezabelle, "he can't make human babies"

love the implication there

smile.gif
mandolyn
maddy, thanks for posting The Theory. i was missing chunks. now i feel better.

chacha, he did pay an evil, nattily-dressed hitman in collateral. which i only watched because i wanted to see him play something closer to his real nature.

so. how much are they paying off chris klein not to demand a paternity test?
chachaheels
That's my point, though, mandolyn! He's always killing something, or blowing something up, or training to fight in a war to save democracy, or winning a football championship, or pushing someone to win a football championship, or using his autistic brother to help him "succeed" in a competitive corporate realm, or being a spy to save our souls from the commies/terrorists/demons from outer space/irreligious/put in villain of the moment here...when the only truly entertaining and artistically challenging bit of film he's ever made is that short segment of him mowing the lawn for Rosie O'Donnel.

If Chris Klein ever wants to act again, in anything, in any country, he'll very likely keep his mouth shut. I think.
bunnyb
also, from an interview that was posted here, I get the impression that CK doesn't give a rat's ass and is an immature prat.
marileen
"The only truly entertaining and artistically challenging bit of film he's ever made is that short segment of him mowing the lawn for Rosie O'Donnell."

Bwah ha ha!

I like the Bustie conspiracy theory on Katie Holmes baby being Chris Klein’s, and since I am a nerd smile.gif, here is my addition to that theory:

Katie Holmes got pregnant sometime in mid-to-late March 2005 and gave birth sometime in December/January. She then wore a fake belly until the “official” birth date of April 19th.

The Vanity Fair baby pictures were "supposedly" taken at the end of July, when Suri would be a little over 3 months old, if the official birth date is right. I think she looks like she could be a little bit older than that, more like 4-5 months, but that is debatable and I am not a baby age expert.

But…there was a story that pictures of Suri were taken that KH and TC supposedly didn’t like back in May, so that is one of the reasons why they didn't publish any then. Interestingly enough, if she was really born sometime in Dec/Jan, that would have been when she was around 4 months old!

So my theory is that the pictures in Vanity Fair were taken in May, Suri is really now about 8 months old, and we won’t actually ever see her in public or in more pictures until she is old enough that her real age is not visually determinable in months.

She is a very cute baby and I see a resemblance to Katie. I feel bad that they are both living in Scientologyland.

I remember reading that interview with Chris Klein and couldn’t tell if he was being deliberately sarcastic and it just came across as being serious in the interview or if he really is actually the world’s biggest jerk.

pollystyrene
Lindsay Lohan's bag with $1,000,000 worth of jewelry was returned. Phew! I can sleep tonight!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainmen...inmentfront-hed

aunt agonist
jeebus. i wouldn't let my normal bag out of my sight. much less a $10,000 HERMES bag filled with jewelrey. what a knuckle head.
doodlebug
Gee, I thought that Chris-Klein-is-the-real-father story was the one everyone was already thinking...is someone promoting this as a NEW theory?

To be fair, I have known of many RL situations where guys become "the replacement boyfriend/hubby/babydaddy" to a woman who is already pregnant or has recently given birth. It's not unknown or even unusual, although those couples often don't tell the true story to people outside of their circle, for lots of reasons. (The one I see most, b/c of my job, is the situation where the bio father was abusive and the woman has been "rescued" by the new guy....more common than you'd think.) I'm not trying to defend TomKat at all, believe me...but I'm just saying, it wouldn't be so weird.
chachaheels
But how many of those rescuing men would stage a wide scale PR clandestinerie that looks, feels, smells, dresses and has people dancing around chanting the same refrain, like Rosemary's Baby II? Not many, I think. Baby would be born, life would go on...and there would be no need for pregnancy prosthetics.

I think I've just been overwhelmed by how easy all of this would have been for Tom to pull off, if he and Katie just went to Vegas, got married, and THEN alerted the press. And maybe had a couple of photos taken, and an interview or two. And a birth announcement in the paper, with very little fanfair.
marileen
Doodle, I don't think the Chris Klein theory is new - it is just getting more attention now because now that there are baby pictures some people think she looks more like CK is the father instead of TC.

ChaCha, you're right, the "Rosemary's Baby" feel to the whole thing is what really makes it so disturbing.

So here's a blind item I found on E - I don't know who it is but I have some ideas:

Another Hollywood bustup. Boo-freakin'-hoo. Excuse me if I'm not exactly cryin' into my hanky. In this town, where relationships last about as long as lunchtime Botox sessions, peeps who manage to stay together are the real newsworthy ones, don't you all think? Anyhow, I never really thought Pete Poked and Charmaine Chuck-Up were such hot 'n' heavy lovebirds in the first place.

I mean, you can't place your Prius in a spot that's already taken, can you? 'Course not! Kinda like how Char-love couldn't possibly be the stylish ride of choice for Petey's daredevil desires, 'cause he's already had a serious shotgun boyfriend for quite sometime. Yes, that's right: Just like Toothy and so many of the friggin' rest of 'em, P2 likes the boys, not the girls--no matter how thin or pretty or pouty they may be.

I'm told this par-tick tight boyish twosome enjoys sportin' weekend jaunts to the mountains, where they can hit the slopes and canoodle by candlelight far, far away from those pesky papa-Nazis. Wonder if Charmaine recently found out about these little snowy va-cays and went berserk, hence their recent bustup?

Or maybe she knew about them all along and is just dumping him now that her face has become so gaunt, she can't even fake the fake no more? Note to snitty types: Eat! Or your emoting capabilities nosedive, as it were.
faerietails
QUOTE(auralpoison @ Sep 6 2006, 04:29 AM) *

The only thing I found awkward was the general subtext of the image. TC is holding the baby in the "womb" of his jacket while Katie merely looks on. He seems overly possesive; while she's apart, almost peripheral even.

YES! Yes, yes, yes! Aural, you have put into words what I've been trying to say for the past couple of days. Womb subtext. *nods assertively* I also hate the photo where he's in the middle holding Suri, and Katie Kate is holding him from behind. It just makes me want to puke.

Everything about the article makes me want to puke (I finally got my hands on it last night). Especially where his mom starts to cry. "She watches her son and daughter-in-law-to-be kiss. She watches her granddaughter Suri smile for the camera. Tom's mom begins to cry. Others on the hillside start to well up, too. Tom seems to be forcing back the tears himself...(and this is the best part)...I mention how the photo session seems to belie a line from his film Jerry Maguire. 'We live in a cynical world,' Tom's character says, "a cynical world.'" IPB Image

And then the end of the article with the fortune cookie bullshit...UGHHHHHH!!! This whole article just grosses me out. I'm glad the world can now see that Tom is the glue that holds them all together. *eyeroll*

I feel so bad for his other kids. If I were Nicole I'd get them outta there FAST.
anoushh
From the Guardian today (my heart bleeds):

Rap superstar to pay £100,000 after DJ 'Diddy' Dearlove says: hands off my name

· Sean Combs loses out in battle for rights to 'Diddy'
· Rebranding expected to be extremely costly
Riazat Butt
Saturday September 9, 2006

Guardian
Sean Combs, the rapper, actor and entertainment mogul who has also been known as Puff Daddy and Puffy during his career, has lost the right to use his shorter nickname of Diddy in the UK after agreeing to an out-of-court settlement.

His defeat came at the hands of a rather less well-known Diddy, the London-based music producer Richard Dearlove, who has been trading under the name since 1992. Mr Dearlove, 40, sued Combs, 36, for passing off after learning that the rapper had dropped the P from his name and had decided to relaunch himself solely as Diddy. The law of passing off is designed to deal with unfair competition, in particular with businesses that suffer when another one adopts the same name.

While accepting he does not quite have Sean Combs's global reach, "Diddy" Dearlove said yesterday there had been some confusion with "Diddy" Combs.

"I suffered from a head injury in 2001, when Sean Combs changed his name to P Diddy. I lost my sight for three years and couldn't work," Mr Dearlove told the Guardian.

"I was all ready to go last year, then, in August, he changed his name to Diddy. I was gutted. I started getting emails from Puerto Rican girls asking if they could be in my video and people were asking me to look at their clothing line." Among his many business interests, Combs also has his own range of clothes.

"My lawyers and I were trying to convince the court there was confusion caused by two people trading under the same name," said Mr Dearlove.

"It doesn't matter how big people become. This is my name. I've been successful too. I'm not a global megastar, but what I do is valid. I'm really happy and relieved. I didn't want to go to court. It was me versus something enormous and I had a year of stress with legal proceedings hanging over me."

The action had been listed for a high court hearing on October 23.

Mr Dearlove's solicitor, Chris Woods, said his client had been "concerned" about taking on such a high-profile figure but he was very committed to correcting what he saw as an injustice.

"It's a point of principle and protecting his commercial interests," said Mr Woods. "He didn't want to be perceived as chasing money, it's not about getting a pay-off.

Combs's personal fortune is estimated at $364m (£195m), but Mr Woods said that wasn't an issue, "although I imagine the rebranding won't be cheap".

As part of the settlement, which was sealed earlier this week in the high court, Combs agreed to pay £10,000 damages and more than £100,000 legal costs, although the final figure will be decided by the court.

To comply with the terms of the order, Combs will have to embark on a costly rebrand of his commercial activities in the UK.

Controversy and legal skirmishes have dogged Combs for more than a decade, including another naming issue with the Japanese pop duo Puffy AmiYumi.

Combs and Notorious BIG were rivals to Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight, trading insults in songs and interviews during the mid 1990s. Shakur was murdered in 1996 and, six months later, Notorious BIG was killed weeks before the release of his album, Life After Death.

In 1999, Combs and his then girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, were caught in the crossfire at a Manhattan nightclub. A police investigation led to Combs's arrest for gun possession and bribery but he was acquitted of all charges. He split up with Lopez during the trial.

Several years later Combs settled a $3m lawsuit filed by his driver who said he suffered emotional damage after the club shooting. He was also accused of assault by a music manager and a television host and has been arrested for driving on a suspended licence.

In 2002 he settled a custody case over his three-year-old son Christian after failing to show up for the hearing on nine previous occasions.

Despite the negative publicity, Combs has driven hip-hop into the mainstream and boasts a media empire that includes Bad Boy Records, two clothing lines, a perfume, a restaurant chain and a reality TV show.

Last year he came 20th in the Forbes list of the most powerful celebrities and he regularly appears at the top of hip-hop rich lists, beating the likes of Jay Z, Damon Dash and 50 Cent.

Combs's solicitor, Nigel Calvert, would only confirm that the action had been settled, but refused to comment further.

Mr Woods said it was not likely that there would be further actions by Mr Dearlove against other Diddys. "We are aware of Ken Dodd and the Diddy Men but they do not operate in the same spheres as my client," he said.

Those Diddys in full

P Diddy hip-hop superstar, fashion designer and former boyfriend of Jennifer Lopez

Richard 'Diddy' Dearlove clubland producer responsible for remixes of Blondie's Atomic and Heart of Glass

The Diddy Men creation of Liverpool comedian Ken Dodd, they work in the Jam Butty mines of Knotty Ash

'Diddy' David Hamilton Ken Dodd's former straightman who went on to work as a radio DJ

Diddy Kong animated monkey from the Nintendo Donkey Kong game

C-Diddy 2003 US and world air guitar champion, real name David Jung
quietmadness
I'm just referring to the TC/KH/NK posts here.

Nicole Kidman can't have children. I'm not sure where, but I read that like three times over the years...Guess that's why they adopted the first set of kids.

But Suri does look more like that Klein dude. I still go by the fact that NO ONE shot any pics of this baby 'til the "parents" were ready. I mean...what IS that?

No nurses at the hospital, no paparazzi, no physicians, no nannies, nobody with their cam-phone. NOTHING.

How in the fuck's that even possible? unsure.gif It's all so damned wierd. Shit.
chachaheels
Well, we'll see if Nicole suddenly becomes pregnant now that she's married again.

Wouldn't that be fun? I expect a full blown tizzy response from Tom Cruise after that baby bump's announced.
bunnyb
from recent pics, I would say that the announcement and TC's drama queen response will be coming sooner rather than later.
jemisoutrageous
I think she looks like Tom and Katie. I do, I do. blink.gif
pollystyrene
Anna Nicole's son died yesterday. How bizarre. No word on the cause, but she gave birth to a daughter 3 days ago. I hadn't seen any news on that.
girlygirlgag
QUOTE(jemisoutrageous @ Sep 7 2006, 10:47 PM) *

That baby is gorgeous and she totally looks like Tom AND Katie, who are both totally cute, just bugshit nuts.

I totally agree. Suri has Tom's face shape and eyes, and Katies Mouth. I think she is precious and comparing which babies are cuter than others doesn't sit well with me, but hey, it is for good gos fodder.

Also, NK can't or couldn't in the early 90's have kids, that is why they adopted. Who knows with fertility research, if they could get her pregs now, but I know she cannot do it without medical aid.

Also, Chris Klien kind of looks like Tom.
vesicapisces
QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Sep 11 2006, 08:27 AM) *

Anna Nicole's son died yesterday. How bizarre. No word on the cause, but she gave birth to a daughter 3 days ago. I hadn't seen any news on that.

I just read that. Talk about bizarre/creepy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.