Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
mouse
i think that's a really good point--the criticism of female celebrities quite often comes from females, fueled by jealousy.

on the other hand, perhaps the females are realizing that the only thing they're famous for is their appearance and calling them out on that, whereas the men are too busy appreciating that appearance to see that angle.
anna k
On Oprah, when Pink was promoting "Stupid Girls," she said how the only smart females young girls could name were Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, and Reese Witherspoon. The fact that they could only name celebrities and nobody else sounded pretty sad.

I hate it that females pick apart other female celebrities. My sister looked at a photo of Drew Barrymore and said, "She's gotten so thin." My answer: "I knew you were going to say that." Drew looks healthy, but some girls may think she's a "sellout" for getting thinner, or that Kate Winslet is a "sellout" for being thinner. It's no bitter and full of jealousy.

Yes, definetly jealousy towards pretty women who must be anorexic cokehead bitches to explain for their fame and popularity, and to make other girls who aren't motivated in their lives hate them for being famous and spitting vitirol at them.
pinkpoodle
I think criticism of females in general comes from other females.
mouse
hm. i think criticism of typically attractive females comes from other females. criticism of unattractive, smart or unusual females rarely comes from other women, yet it comes in abundance from men.
bunnyb
QUOTE(anna k @ Sep 26 2006, 07:33 PM) *

Yes, definetly jealousy towards pretty women who must be anorexic cokehead bitches to explain for their fame and popularity, and to make other girls who aren't motivated in their lives hate them for being famous and spitting vitirol at them.

Is that tongue in cheek, annak? Otherwise, is it not exactly what we're discussing? women are jealous of successful women so spew vitriol about them being anorexic, cokehead bitches?

I am for young girls having non-celebrity role models, strong, intelligent, passionate women but I would hold Posh on a pedastal before I would Paris Hilton cos she has worked for her money, disproprtionate fame or not.
anna k
It's just a petty bitterness that I've seen with some women, but not all. Like calling a woman a slut because she's sexy and dresses in revealing clothes out of jealousy.
wombat
Or like women calling other women "slobs" or "fat pigs" and tittering at them and not wanting to talk to them, because they're not wearing sexy clothes to go out and pick up a newspaper on Sunday -- and then claiming that other women are hostile because they are just "jealous" of them. rolleyes.gif

Right, Anna k? rolleyes.gif
sassypants
Thank you so much for finding that Pinkpoodle! I didn't even know it existed! You have made my lifetime.
auralpoison
YES! I knew Howard was Anna's baby's daddy! I knew that photog was full of it. Even on the show, I knew they had to be doin' it. I knew it all the time!
funjules
Aural, I was just coming in here to say that exact same thing!! Somehow, that seems like a good thing for her. He isn't some star fucker who is just going to use her for what he can get out of her, he seems to genuinely care for her, and I don't think she's ever had that before.

And I care about this because why??
wombat
But -- and I don't hate Anna Nichole Smith -- she never had that before because she was not giving that before?

She was only in her other relationships for what she could get out of them, therefore she found people who treated her the same way?

She does look happier and healthier.

I wish more people would realize they get back what they give out.
Instead, too many people are: I'm going to be a hard-hearted, lying jerk unitl I find a sweet, honest person to be kind to me!
funjules
Those are all really good points, Wombat.
auralpoison
I just remember on the show Howard & Anna going batshit on the cheesy, ghetto Johnny Trendy pink satin bed. How do you not love a guy that would take a shopknife to one of those with obvious glee?
mouse
from LAist.com; Brangelina Blow Nearly $400k On Trendy Art About Rich Whites Picnicking; See No Irony

seriously, whatever respect i had for her is blown to shit (and i never had any respect for him). i think banksy's pretty brilliant, i saw that show, i saw that painting. they played right into his hands and they didn't even stop to think.

the flyer from that show reads:

There's an elephant in the room
There's a problem we never talk about.

The fact is that life isn't getting any fairer.

1.7 billion people have no access to clean drinking water.

2 billion people live below the poverty line

Every day hundreds of people are made physically sick by morons at art shows telling them how bad the world is but never actually doing something about it.

so.........instead of taking that $300,000 and feeding probably 1,000,000 starving africans with it, the rich white people decide to buy a piece of artwork INTENDED to be overly blatant political commentary BASICALLY ABOUT THEMSELVES.......and don't get it. HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT???
duplessix
I really don't like brangelina... their egos probably got in the way of confronting any sort of irony (anyone who thinks people will actually reconsider same sex marriage just b/c they themselves refuse to wed must have an enormous ego)... but the real question is what will banksy do with the money? put it where his mouth is or paint more captured elephants pink?
mouse
true. i don't know what he'll do with the money--i have no idea what his budget is; i think we probably won't learn where that money went. but he, unlike brangelina, doesn't sell himself as any great philanthropist. good point, though.

and re: the elephant--the argument is really about whether elephants should be in captivity at all, not that specific elephant, since it was treated no differently than it had been treated its entire life, nor any differently than other captive elephants are. and furthermore, the exhibit also featured live cockroaches in a box in which i could detect no airholes......yet not a peep has been mentioned about the bad treatment of cockroaches (much worse than the treatment of the elephant). OH RIGHT cos elephants are cuter and smarter than cockroaches and therefore their lives are worth defending more. rolleyes.gif
duplessix
QUOTE(mouse @ Sep 27 2006, 05:54 PM) *

true. i don't know what he'll do with the money--i have no idea what his budget is; i think we probably won't learn where that money went. but he, unlike brangelina, doesn't sell himself as any great philanthropist. good point, though.

and re: the elephant--the argument is really about whether elephants should be in captivity at all, not that specific elephant, since it was treated no differently than it had been treated its entire life, nor any differently than other captive elephants are. and furthermore, the exhibit also featured live cockroaches in a box in which i could detect no airholes......yet not a peep has been mentioned about the bad treatment of cockroaches (much worse than the treatment of the elephant). OH RIGHT cos elephants are cuter and smarter than cockroaches and therefore their lives are worth defending more. rolleyes.gif

oh, geez. i didn't even know about the cockroaches. yeah, i get nervous every time i hear about any kind of creature in its unnatural habitat. hmmm... i wonder why the activists didn't mention the cockroaches... because they're kind of unfathomable and elephants have been proven intelligent, emotional, familial creatures? also, i think to a degree if you go around criticizing other people for having too much money (juxtaposing the picture of Paris with the homeless people in that cd art, which i'm all for) you are in a sense claiming to be morally superior than your subjects. i have no problem with that as long as you follow through. but i'm one of those people who don't get why you'd spend thousands on a handbag and yet still feel genuine empathy for the starving. it seems a little more than naively skewed... it seems like having your cake and .... you know the rest.
mouse
yeah. i agree with you, duplessix.

the thing about that show--and i can't quite figure it out myself--was that it seemed to be really over the top, blatant, obvious commentary. rich white people gorge in leisure while poor black people starve? i mean, that's not a new concept. he's not bringing anything revolutionary to the forefront.....which makes me wonder who, exactly, he's making fun of here. it seemed to be sooooo obviously critical that it almost seemed tongue in cheek.

not that that excuses him for raising all these issues--even going to such lengths to criticise people who raise the issues and then do nothing--without being held accountable for whatever money he makes off of it. he's making good points (some of which seem to be going way, way over certain people's heads *cough*brangelina*cough*) and i think he's thought-provoking and innovative (i'm more a fan of his "pranks" than most of the stuff at barely legal), but i think this is the first time he's really made this kind of money. it will be really interesting to see what he does with it. if he's just making fun of everyone--celebrities with poverty blinders AND hyper-critical artists/activists--and then laughing all the way to the bank with $300k+......that's depressing.
sidecar
To be fair, Brangelina just gave $2 million to Global Action for Children and Doctors Without Borders.

I don't think they're the best examples of how terrible rich people are.

Re: Posh as a role model (sorry, just catching up). Taking aside everything else, didn't she once say that she's never read a book in its entirety? I think that alone takes her out of the role model market for me.
auralpoison
On Banksy:

"He does all this and he stays anonymous. I think that's great. These days everyone is trying to be famous. But he has anonymity" - Brad Pitt

Brad, if you wanted to stay anonymous, you should have stayed in Missouri.
anoushh
Sidecar, yes, she did.

I hate that I even know that.
jemisoutrageous
If anyone from that show is Anna's baby daddy, it's Kimmie, not Howard. tongue.gif

I'm not sure that I buy that he truly cares for her. I think the photog is the baby daddy and Howard is using Daniel's death to finally move in on Anna and her billion dollar fortune. By the way, if foul play is suspected, who's to say it wasn't the billionare's family that did it? And if Howard is the baby daddy, maybe he offed Daniel in order to make sure *his* baby got all the money? And who sold those disgusting 'last pictures of Danel with the baby" pictures?

I was just watching the CNN interview Howard gave and when he was talking about Anna begging Jesus to take her instead of Daniel I started bawling. I have never had the highest opinion of her, but I have never doubted her absolute (nonetheless slightly sick) devotion to her son.

You know that poor woman is absolutely destroyed and my heart really goes out to her. Daniel seemed like such a genuinely sweet kid, too.

By the way, Brangelina-the-self-righteous can suck my balls.
anoushh
You know, I have no idea who this Howard person is.

But I am pleased to read that Paris Hilton is being charged with drunk driving. NOt about the driving part, but that she was caught and is being charged.

Please, please, please--prison sentence!
chani
dude, perez said the money from the pictures went towards a charity foundation in Daniel's name. If I was in their situation I probably would do the same - make some good come of the crazy media.
mandolyn
jem, i don't buy all of your conspiracy theory, but i don't believe howard is the father either. i think they both decided he should be the cover. i hadn't thought of the money, but i can see wanting to keep it "in the family" so to speak. photo-guy has asked for a paternity test.

i imagine howard really does love her, to put up with all her craziness.

i smell a lawsuit on the horizon re the lexipro-zoloft lethal combo.
anoushh
Lexapro and Zoloft shouldn't kill you. They are both SSRIs and while an OD might make you feel terrible, one of the great advantages of SSRIs is that you basically can't kill yourself with them, unlike the older ADs. (Risky considering their intended use in depression.)
jezabelle
This is so sad...
http://www.tmz.com/2006/09/26/exclusive-ho...ity-stars-baby/
This is one of the many downfalls of life on a reality series!
pollystyrene
It was lexapro, zoloft and methadone. I don't know enough about pharmacology, but that seems like that could do it.
ratgrl
It's true that the combo of Lexapro and Zoloft alone shouldn't have killed him; lots of people of people take more than one antidepressant with no ill effects. With methadone now in the picture, though...that, in combination with the other drugs, could've caused a lethal reaction. This latest twist makes me wonder why Daniel was on methadone in the first place. It's hardly a drug that doctors prescribe liberally; its main pharmaceutical use is to help ease withdrawal symptoms from smack. Interesting.

Regarding the story about Brangelina blowing that wad of cash on some art: I'm reminded of 1985, when a bunch of then-popular American music stars got together to record "We Are The World", the proceeds of which were to help the starving people of Ethiopia. There was a lot of press about how, during the night of the recording, hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent on catered food so that all those celebs could chow down to their heart's content while "benefiting" the hungry. Pretty ironic, to say the least.
mouse
yeah, honestly i never understood how those "benefit" things worked. same deal with things like "buy a scarf to help cure breast cancer!" why don't you just give the money straight to the source? why do you have to get a "reward" for doing something good?

admittedly i'm talking out of my ass cos i've never given money to any charity (volunteered for a lot of things though) but i've only become financially independent in the last six months. i bet you shiloh owns t-shirts that cost more than my weekly paycheck.
moxiegirl
omg- that is just tragic about RevRun's baby. I'm gonna go kiss moxette now. I hope the Simmon's family finds peace. Anna Nicole too. The thought of loosing my child...i can't even begin to describe the tense anguish it inspires.

And, who cares if bradgelina buy an absurd painting for an absurd price? they're absurdly rich! They basically rented a country to give birth in. A painting is at least an investment.
mouse
mox, the reason for the outrage was the subject matter of the show and of the painting. to give you an idea of the prevailing sentiment at the show, another piece was a formal painting of an art auction, except that the canvas being auctioned simply said "i can't believe you people buy this shit".

i feel like brangelina missed the point.
or HELL, maybe they're making a banksy-esque statement in their own right!

i'm sick of this.
moxiegirl
ah- thanks mouse. I'll admit I didn't read too far back in the posts. I guess I meant, the whole notion of wealth on their level is absurd. I mean, they rented a country to give birth in.

Anyway, it must be even more prescient in LA, to see all these celebs and their pet "causes", and feel somewhat cynical towards their, um, purchasing descisions. The biggest start we have in the D is Kid Rock...
anoushh
Again, then the issue isn't the AD, it's the methadone. Methadone on its own is dangerous. Sounds like the kid had some pretty serious problems. Which is too bad, of course, but I hate it how stories like these always blame the AD, which is stupid.
doodlebug
You know you've all been waiting for this:

For the first time ever Chris Klein speaks out about his former fiance Katie Holmes and those pesky rumors about baby Cruise.

When E! Online quizzed whether the baby looked like Cruise, Klein insisted: "I've never had anyone ask me that before. It's definitely him, and they look so beautiful. I'm really happy for them."

source
chachaheels
Klein insisted: "I've never had anyone ask me that before. It's definitely him, and they look so beautiful. I'm really happy for them."

They're like people who've all gone up to outer space: they say exactly the same things...in exactly the same way. Not a single one of them ever deviates from the script.
jezabelle
QUOTE(moxiegirl @ Sep 28 2006, 01:41 AM) *

omg- that is just tragic about RevRun's baby. I'm gonna go kiss moxette now. I hope the Simmon's family finds peace. Anna Nicole too. The thought of loosing my child...i can't even begin to describe the tense anguish it inspires.

Rev. Run Quote:
"On Sept. 26, 2006, Victoria Anne Simmons for some unknown reason chose to come early and unfortunately did not survive."
"We must accept whatever is there and once you accept unconditionally, then everything is beautiful. Every pain has a purifying effect. So whatever comes your way, just be thankful. We see life in death and believe in the celebration of life in death."
It must be so hard for his family to have to deal with this, and being in the public eye doesn't help it I'm sure. I too am going to run and give my 4 a big hug and kiss, This reminds me of how lucky I am!
pinkpoodle
NY Daily News "JV Gossip Lloyd Grove reports today that Jolie snapped up $400k in works by British street artist/prankster Banksy, including a painting of a picnicking Western family oblivious to the group of starving Africans looking on, which they'll later turn into a fun, group activity, allowing Maddox and Zahara to color in the white children so the painting becomes a more representative family portrait to hang in the foyer."

Bwahahaha!!! Even though the whole thing is ironic, I still gotta hand it to them for starting their own foundation, etc. I think they deserve a break for this blunder. They were probably touched by the painting at the time and accidentally overlooked the irony of it.
mouse
touched by three hundred thousand dollars! bah.

yeah, the tomkat thing just is not right. something there, is not right. i don't know if it's what the rumours say or what, but there is definitely this creepy air of coverign something up, and i am curious to see how long whoever's being paid off or threatened to keep quiet will stay quiet. actually, i wonder if we'll ever find out. creeeeeeeepy. yeah, they all went up in space.....in l. ron's airplane!
sybarite
I still think KH got knocked up in London right before she and TC got together. She was a package deal: beard and baby-warmer in one!

It was the most believable of all the rumours flying around IMO. It would explain the baby's light blue eyes.
bunnyb
I liked the London theory too. I also wonder how much Chris Klein was paid?

When do babies eyes change from blue, if they're going to?
anoushh
I think the final eye color can be as late as a couple of years. Color at birth certainly doesn't mean it's going to be the final color.

Am I the only one who believes the baby could be his? It's not any less creepy--I think it was just one more human being he wanted to control--and from the very beginning. Kind of like those horrible experiments kings had done in times past like lock an infant up in solitary to see what language they ended up speaking so they could see what "God's language" was. You know--all about his power and control being the most important thing in the universe.

I suppose it doesn't matter who's kid it is--they have it and that poor kid is soooo fucked.
auralpoison
Damn. Methadone. That shit seems to be worse than the H. A friend worked a methadone clinic & a lot of the addicts seemed worse after they got hooked on the methadone.
quietmadness
Yes, Aural.

I was on methadone for about 5 years, at a clinic. It can help people, but few and far between! Most of the people at the clinics just take the methadone, and go home and take more shit. They get away with it like that by buying and testing with "clean" piss from other people. Nasty shit.

It's not as hard to get off of as people would have you believe, either. I did it. Two years now.

Back onto topic and off of my own rant--

I feel bad that that's the way he passed. Wow. Not enough to have all the vultures swarming around to find out "why," but now--they can have that.

Just, wow...
bustygirl
My kid's eyes changed within the first 6 months. Possibly the first 3. 2 years sounds like an awfully long time to me.
jemisoutrageous
Pretty much my entire bridal party was on methadone when I got married. I don't approve of replacing one drug with another, but I would rather have live friends waking up at the crack of dawn to ge to the clinic then have them out cruising the ghetto at 4 in the morning searching for H.

Several of my friends have gone from the needle to methadone, and now the majoritiy of them are clean---or dead. The ones that are clean (with a few exceptions of the ones who did hard time and got off the junk in jail) could not have done it without Methadone. It's fucking gross but it gave me a lot of my friends back.

I'm Jemisoutrageous, and I approve this message.

ps. GASP!
isawyournanny.blogspot.com
snafooey
Apparently Screech has a sex tape.

*shudder*
vesicapisces
QUOTE(snafooey @ Sep 29 2006, 04:26 PM) *

Apparently Screech has a sex tape.

*shudder*

I dunno, he's aged rather well (IMO) and rumor has it he's startlingly well-hung.

*hangs head in shame that she knows this*
mouse
yeah, i'd heard that he was quite well endowed as well.

last i heard (defamer a few months back) he was totally destitute and was trying to save his house from being seized by selling t-shirts that said "i saved screeech's house!" (three e's because copyright wouldn't let him use two).
bustygirl
Wow. That's only a couple of steps above Corey Haim selling his teeth on Ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.