Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Celebrity Gossip!
The BUST Lounge > Forums > Media Whores
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
roseviolet
So, Francis only saw her mother do drugs only one or two times? And that's why Courtney doesn't think her daughter should have been taken from her? Oh lordy. That's so wrong, I don't even know how to express it.

I always feel a bit frightened when Courtney Love is mentioned in this thread! [dons helmet & cowers under a table] wink.gif
pollystyrene
I was a HUGE CL fan, and I still contend that at one point she was a talented artist and hadn't lost her mind yet. At this point, she's deviated so far from that...she's just a train wreck. Sober or not, she looks like hell. She should stay clean and go take care of her daugher somewhere out of the public eye (if that were only possible!)

I know, Rose- like that's the greatest reasoning....um, you were on drugs A LOT and if you say you were doing them in other places away from home, wouldn't that put you away from your daughter a lot? How is having someone else raise your kids so you can go do drugs a reason to not have her taken away from you? Poor Frances. I hope she gets over whatever was said about her on the internet- I googled images of her, and aside from some strange fashion choices, she doesn't look fat. In fact, in this one she looks adorable and look at those gams- damn! I'd love to find out she lurks around here!

And what the hell was that stuff about Mel Gibson?
chachaheels
I'm not saying squat about Courtney Love, except:

That woman needs a couple of years in the French countryside, eating good food and living a good sane life in front of a lawn made entirely of lavender plants. Good wine, good food, sane company--a little bit of removal from the (American) public eye.

Then she needs a good publicist and stylist to plan the comeback, which should not be compromised.

And a good agent.

When she was in form, she was great, and no one could write a woman's point of view rock tune like she could.

sybarite
I also thought the writing was on the wall for RW and RP while I watched the Oscars. He just seemed sullen. And was it the Golden Globes where RP was all over RW, hugging her and grinning his head off and she looked polite but annoyed? The mister and I figured he was drunk.

I am probably the only woman in the world who doesn't like Reese Witherspoon. Yes, she was good in Walk the Line, but I can't get past the perkiness and I would argue that she can't either.
faerietails
Eddie Izzard quits '24' after one day of filming (at the bottom of the page)

Hmm...wonder what happened.

Ditto to the "huh?!" regarding Courtney and Mel!
divaintraining
QUOTE(sybarite @ Nov 1 2006, 11:15 AM) *

I also thought the writing was on the wall for RW and RP while I watched the Oscars. He just seemed sullen. And was it the Golden Globes where RP was all over RW, hugging her and grinning his head off and she looked polite but annoyed? The mister and I figured he was drunk.

I am probably the only woman in the world who doesn't like Reese Witherspoon. Yes, she was good in Walk the Line, but I can't get past the perkiness and I would argue that she can't either.

I totally agree. I've heard rumors of him being unfaithful to her for years - I'm surprised she stuck with him for so long. I just feel bad for the kids.
jemisoutrageous
No, Luna.
Joanquin will NOT be getting with that Reese person. he is for MINES. He has been for mines since he was max in Space Camp, thank you very much.

I am fucking DYING to read Courtney's book.
<<<---Ashamed yet defiant

That 'fat mom' shit from Francis is SO FUCKED UP.
mandolyn
ryan's a decent actor. reese is way over-rated. sad to hear it's over, but their 'perfectness' always did made me gag a little.

did anyone really think frances had a holy chance in hell of being "well-adjusted" and/or "sane" and/or "normal"? that poor kid had it going against her from day one.

i know most of you can't stand jared leto, but i just have to gush somewhere that i have LIVE-IN-PERSON (albeit a bit strange) photos of him in my inbox. *preen*
chachaheels
I thought Frances was going to be under a microscope from the moment she was born. There was just no way she'd be any different from any other celebrity's kid--but when I look at people like Nicole Richie and the Mary Kate and Ashley whoever-they-ares with their scary mental illnesses and their willingness to die to be fashionable and talked about, I think maybe Frances has a little more balance. She seems genuinely concerned about her mother, too.

Anyway, whenever I want to imagine what it might have been like for her had Kurt lived, well, I keep seeing that Gus Van Sant movie about Cobain (I can't remember the name now) in my head. Bad as Love is reputed to be, things could have been much worse for Frances Bean.
pinkpoodle
Yeah, it's weird that Courtney doesn't get why they took Frances away. Duh!! I agree that Courtney needs to move to Europe to avoid the public eye a little while she "regroups."
snafooey
I think that Phillipe is decent but average actor while Reese is - and I don't care if this sounds like hyperbole - one of the best actors of her generation. She's lost some credibility with the Legally Blonde movies, but that's because from a business strategy, you need to be a household name these days if you even want to get taken seriously for roles in "serious" indie movies; considering the kind of roles she started to get after that point, it seems to have worked for her (it can go too far, of course - look what happened to Nicolas Cage). Actually, I think she's underrated in general - it's a lot harder to do comedy than drama, and she excels at both. Yeah, she does perky, but she's done a lot more than just Elle Woods or Tracy Flick (Election) - she definitely has some range. I've been following her career since The Man in the Moon.

I think a lot of people have trouble being sympathetic to her b/c she comes across as the defintion of a Type A personality (I think she's great, but would we ever hang out? Yet everyone thinks Julia Roberts could be their buddy tongue.gif ), and I think - not necessarily in this forum - that it's sometimes related to the sexist attitudes people can have toward highly ambitious women.

As for their marriage, it never struck me as perfect at all, though I was amazed at how dedicated they seemed to trying to make it work. I don't think that the issue was necessarily that they married too young but that b/c they married b/c she was pregnant. Her pregnancy was announced and then several months later they were hitched. I remember seeing Reese on Leno around that time and though normally unflappable (even then), the conversation got very awkward when discussing her upcoming nuptials. The attitude seemed to be, "Yeah, we're going to get hitched at some point anyway so. . ."
anna k
Reese plays against type as a trashy teenager with a foul mouth in Freeway, and is suprisingly really good at it.
taloo_magoo
Francis is in no way a normally adjusted kid. I saw this interview with her in elle or some other garbage magazine. She bragged about the fact that she had over 200 pairs of shoes and 50+ designer hand bags. How gross.

I don't for one minute buy that Courtney was only ever high around her 2 times. She od'ed in front of her. Let's not forget the fact that there is a picture of C floating around on the internet where she is at Wendys, cracked out, and some strange mans mouth is attached to her breast. Or the Q magazine pictures where she is running around naked and getting her anus waxed. How would you feel seeing a pic of your mom like that.
pinkpoodle
It doesn't even matter if she didn't do drugs in front of the kid. The fact that she was a drug addict in general made her an unsuitable parent. She was so unbelievably fucked up at the time. I can't even imagine her actually raising a child prior to her treatment. It's almost like she's in denial or something.

I like Reese Witherspoon partly because she could easily earn just as much money and fame by doing the whole skank thing, but instead, she actually makes use of her talent. When she first became famous, I was thinking, "Oh great, yet another Hollywood camera-whore bimbo." Sure, Legally Blonde was no Walk the Line, but it was actually a pretty cute movie.
PIDUBBZ
QUOTE(pinkpoodle @ Nov 1 2006, 07:20 PM) *

It doesn't even matter if she didn't do drugs in front of the kid. The fact that she was a drug addict in general made her an unsuitable parent. She was so unbelievably fucked up at the time. I can't even imagine her actually raising a child prior to her treatment. It's almost like she's in denial or something.

I like Reese Witherspoon partly because she could easily earn just as much money and fame by doing the whole skank thing, but instead, she actually makes use of her talent. When she first became famous, I was thinking, "Oh great, yet another Hollywood camera-whore bimbo." Sure, Legally Blonde was no Walk the Line, but it was actually a pretty cute movie.

People should have a license to bear children....especially celebrities.
hellotampon
QUOTE(chachaheels @ Oct 31 2006, 03:54 PM) *

I shudder when I think of what might have happened if I'd married the men I was seeing when I was in my early 20's. I was such a completely different person then, and so many of them would have been just wrong for me.

That's kinda depressing! I'm in my early 20s and I hate thinking about my boyfriend and I drifting apart, even though I know it will eventually happen.
chachaheels
Not as depressing as what might have been if I'd actually married them!

It's just a fact that people can grow and develop in ways they didn't anticipate--and you do hope that your partners are happy and fulfilled and capable of that growth and development, especially when they're involved with you. Anytime that doesn't happen, people begin to pull apart. Often in ways that aren't very healthy.

And so the relationship has to change or end. Sure it's sad, but not as sad as staying together despite a massive cost in grief.
roseviolet
For the younger Busties out there ...
I just want to acknowledge the fact that you certainly don't stop growing and learning and changing the moment you hit 30 (I know the others would certainly agree wth me on this!). Indeed, this continual change is a natural part of life. But one does not wait to get married until one is no longer growing. The point really is that it is best to marry once you've reached a level of emotional maturity where you can truly understand and accept the responsibilities of marriage. A lot of people haven't gained that level of maturity by the age of 23. But then again, there are people who aren't mature enough for marriage at 33. Or 43 or 53 or ... you get the point. It's a very particular, individual thing. Personally, I didn't get married until I was 29. But that's just me. smile.gif

Back to celeb-related news!

According to a toxicology report by the pathologist hired by Anna Nicole Smith, Daniel Smith had 7 drugs in his system when he died - including 3 different anti-depressants.
http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1553474,00.html
raisingirl
So apparently wub.gif Prince wub.gif is going to have a regular gig in Las Vegas. Prince. In Vegas. Does anyone else see the disconnect here? I love Prince; he is a musical genius and, like, TOTALLY HOT. He's too good for Vegas, damn it. I'm not so sure I'm going to rush over there to see him in concert -- a concert, I imagine, that will be a toned-down family-friendly (?!) sexless version of his musical soul. I can't imagine going there and expecting to hear "Darling Nikki," "Cream," and "Sexy MF," can I? Or I can expect it, but I'll leave, unsatisfied, just like his mother. cool.gif
chachaheels
I have already begun to picture Prince in his Elviswear.

Thankfully, I can't think of Celine Dion in anything but the Elvis outfits ever since she became the Vegas staple.

I am shuddering at the company Prince will be keeping there, and I think he was better off in Toronto.

On another note: emotional maturity is definitely the key. Though I've been with Mr. ChaCha for over 15 years now...and he would be correct to say that, uh, emotional maturity would not have been my forte in my early 20's.
mouse
see, i think prince can just transcend anything. i mean, he became a freaking jehova's witness and he's still PRINCE. you know?
lucizoe
Well, I'm getting married tomorrow and I'm 24; Mr.Luci is 29. I'm always telling him that this is our "starter marriage" anyhow. wink.gif Seriously, though. Rosev is right about age versus maturity. And kids can't fix what's broken!!

Personally, neither of the acting folks in question impress me terribly much. I walked out of Vanity Fair. It was horrible. And really, the only thing I've ever seen Ryan Phillipe in was Gosford Park. Typical male ingenue stuff; could have replaced him with anyone and I wouldn't have noticed. So, you know, meh.
jemisoutrageous
I LOVE Dlisted so much. Michael K is my true love.

http://dlisted.com/

"This little diddy is presented to you by Ali Lohan, sister of Blohan. I guess she put out some kind of Christmas album which is in stores now. The piece of awful music I’m providing you with is called “Lohan Holiday” and is sung by Ali with background vocals by Blohan. I’m not sure what a Lohan holiday is, but I’m sure it involves doing lines off of each other’s firecrotches "

Lucizoe, are you really getting married tomorrah?!?
sybarite
From popbitch...

>> Get the Abbie habit <<
Blonde ambition sinks Reese and Ryan?

Abbie Cornish is the Australian actress
linked to the separation of Ryan Phillippe
and Reese Witherspoon. Some of Abbie's past
co-stars aren't that surprised. The blonde
likes to get close to the important people on
set. In The Golden Age, which she has recently
filmed, Abby seemed to spend much of her time
cosying up to the Director, Shekhar Kapur.

Abbie Cornish: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0180411/

Congratulations lucizoe!! That's awesome!
amilita
Congratulations, Luci!!!

Raisin, as far as I know...and definately at the concert I saw years ago...Prince doesn't do the dirty versions of his songs anymore, anyway, due to being born again or whatever. He still rocked. He's a real pro, which I mean in the best way. He can put on a show.

And maybe it's just my secret desire to go to Vegas, but I kinda think it's perfect...
bunnyb
pssst, amilita, it's not so secret anymore! I wanna go too.

luci, have a fab day!
mornington
yay! congrats luci

the reese/ryan thing always seemed a bit... colourless to me. together-for-the-kids sort of thing. I like her, but he never interested me that much /2p
lucizoe
*shameless attention whore*

awww, thanks y'all

pssst-yes, jem, we are...wanna be our witness? And I'm totally serious; we're down to snagging a willing stranger off the street at this point. We're just going to be at the municipal building on Joralemon...the big family 'do is this spring, but the insurance deadline is coming up, so we thought, what the hey. Sooo romantic wink.gif

*end hijack and back to Prince, Vegas, blonde hussies and sparkly sparkly jumpsuits*
amilita
I'm having fantasies about a Vegas Bustie Con...
edna
OTOH (regarding marriage at an early age), sometimes two young people get together and grow and change together. I have friends who married at age 22 and have been together for 20 years...and are happy together. It can happen!

Bestest wishes ever to lucizoe and her man...
chachaheels
Have a wonderful day, lucizoe! And many good wishes for you and your lovely beau/about to become Mr.

I heard it was, in fact, NOT the Abbie Cornish who got together with Ryan Phillipe (he is the "important" person on the set?). I heard it was someone he worked with while he and his wife were in Toronto. News here is (honest to god, there must be nothing else) showing photos of Ryan at work last year in a closetalking huddle with an unnamed actress, while Reese was off elsewhere in the city, pushing her babies through a park on her lonesome.

crazyoldcatlady
oooo vegas bustiecon would be hot shit. maybe we should start a poll thread for official bustiecon dates and places.... (thinking out loud...)
pollystyrene
We tried to organize a Bustie con last year (for this year or next) but it didn't work well. No one could agree on where to have it (Vegas, Chicago and New York were the top-runners, and the non-US people would have a hard time no matter what) and there was a fear of tr*ls crashing the party. I'd love for it to happen, but we may have to compromise and at least do an east coast/west coast thing, and maybe something else abroad.
bunnyb
mandolyn suggested a Salem bustiecon in the Hallowe'en thread.

\de-railment
raisingirl
QUOTE(mouse @ Nov 2 2006, 12:50 PM) *

see, i think prince can just transcend anything. i mean, he became a freaking jehova's witness and he's still PRINCE. you know?

That is an EXCELLENT point, Mouse. Excellent.

And Amilita, I totally get you on him being a pro and all that, but I'd want an afterparty where in my fantasies he'd get very unprofessional and move around on the stage like he did in Purple Rain.

Sigh. Fantasy life.

I'm still anti-BustieCons. Label it a convention and it instantly loses appeal for me even with all of you there. I'd rather have house parties, but that's just me.
mandolyn
i'm always up for a house party. but casa mando does have its limits, capacity-wise! cool.gif

unfortunately it's hard enough to organize a bustie gathering on a local scale, much less a grand scale. and i can't complain, because i added to last year's disorganization by being rabidly anti-vegas. and i've even had a hard time committing to local gatherings this year. i hate when life gets in the way of my meeting busties!

i wonder if prince and celine will become bff's now?
pollystyrene
Neil Patrick Harris is gay!

Guess his portrayal of himself in Harold & Kumar wasn't quite accurate. Shocking ohmy.gif Am I the only one who didn't see this coming?
pinkpoodle
Yay Doogie!!!!!
kittenb
Considering that I know that I would have had the biggest crush on NPH in high school if I had known him (and I always knew he would have been in Drama Club) yes, I always thought he was gay.

It is so great to see an actor who plays a lead on a successful TV show come out. Good for him!
raisingirl
What with the news of Reese and Ryan splitting up (I don't care one way or the other), I can't help but think there's GOT to be some scientific truth to a "seven-year itch."
snafooey
I was under the impression that Neil Patrick Harris came out awhile ago? Or am I just confusing his RL identity with his guest stint on Will and Grace. cool.gif

Reese and Ryan's breakup made me kinda sad too. . .but I still couldn't helpt chuckle at this really bad headline that I saw: "Reese's Marriage in Pieces." You know someone was sitting on that one for awhile.

But still. . .I never saw them as the Golden Couple. More like they were trying really hard to make it work for really long. . .but it just couldn't. I think they got married under non-ideal circumstances and while you can still grow in a situation like that, it's a lot harder when you're in the pressure cooker that is Hollywood. I think their unhappiness has been visible in their body language for quite some time now.
sassygrrl
I thought Neil came out a few years ago. Then again, it doesn't suprise me. Good for him. smile.gif

dusty
Britney filed for divorce!
WasabiNinja
Brava Britney! I knew you'd wake up and smell the looser one of these days.
pinkpoodle
Awww yeah!! What's poor Kevie gonna do now? I suppose he'll attempt to sue her for some huge settlement.
WasabiNinja
He can argue in court that she used him for his primo sperm. Just wait, he'll be on the next Surreal Life and we'll see what made him so irresistable to Britney. I always knew she was imbecilic but maybe she's growing brain cells again after halting the constant consumption of cheetos. More likely she needs to get back on the pop train to earn back all the $$$ Kev pissed away.
Divala
Damn, you guys beat me to it! I guess he just played a show, which he had to beg the club not to cancel, and only 300 people showed up, then K-Fed made them wait around for 3 hours hoping more would show up, then only played an akward set for aobut 30 minutes. But he had to beg the venue not to cancel his show! Hah!
bunnyb
congrats britney! she's better off without him but I still feel sorry for her being a single mom of two at 24 y/o.
pinkpoodle
Ya know, I actually sorta like Britney. I didn't in the past, but I've grown to feel "okay" about her. It probably has to do with her being overshadowed by far skankier, more annoying celebs like Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan.
crazyoldcatlady
FIRST LETTERMAN, NOW DIVORCE?

BRIT BRIT'S BACK! I LOVE IT!

Honey child, the Cat Lady loves you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.